3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ideal Protein Diet - Monthly Chat - November 2009 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/185492-ideal-protein-diet-monthly-chat-november-2009-a.html)

coolbreeze 11-05-2009 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ottawa (Post 3001653)
Glad to hear there was no real plateau for you!! We are told not to do very much steady state cardio, 2 30 minutes sessions of interval cardio a week and at least 1 class - 1 hour duration of resistance training. As my weight loss has really slowed down I think I might add the walking that you are doing into my routine. Do you walk at a fast pace?

You just reminded me I need to be doing resistance training. I don't walk that fast, like 3.5 average, and I try to do an incline of only 1. Its enough to sweat a little but not go crazy. What do you do in your interval cardio? That sounds fun!

Mom22 11-05-2009 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Optichick1 (Post 3000864)
So if you go out for lunch, what do you do for dinner, just have a soup or pudding or something?

You switch your supper and lunch. So at supper I had my IP protein, 2 cups veggies and salad. I saved my snack for evening too as I thought I might be extra hungry with such a light supper. Worked out great and lunch was easy - didn't feel like an "outcast" with having to order anything too weird.

Mom22 11-05-2009 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ukandewit (Post 3001090)
I cheated 2 weekends ago, had a few drinks, and **gasp** stopped for Taco John's afterwards in a moment of weakness. (I think that's the greatest risk as far as the diet is concerned) I still lost though...5.6 lbs. Although the week before that I only lost 1 lbs. So...it averaged out ok.

Wondering what everyone has lost at each weigh in? Mine have seemed to vary A LOT:

Week 1 - 10 lbs
Week 2 - 5.8 lbs
Week 3 - 1 lbs
Week 4 - 5.6 lbs (this was after my cheat)
Week 5 - tomorrow morning...I don't anticipate a lot, if any. I've been so good avoiding my daughter's Halloween candy all evening, but I wake up in the middle of the night (to use the restroom) and zombie walk to the kitchen. Any other night-eaters? Any hints for that? (I did good last night - I was tempted - but went straight back to bed!)

I also am hungry in the evenings so I save my snack (butterscotch pudding or wildberry yogurt are my fav) for later on - I know you're not supposed to eat after 8 (or something) but I've also read that a calorie is a calorie - they don't know what time you eat them. Having that snack around 9 seems to keep me from "dreaming of food" LOL

saraj1022 11-05-2009 05:06 PM

so i was under the impression that omlet was a restricted food for the first 2 weeks...found out it wasnt and BOY IS IT MY SAVING GRACE! hehe. I have a capp for breakfast and an omlet with sauteed mushrooms and peppers at lunch, of course slathered in Cholula...my favorite hot sauce..its so satisfying!!

I made pork tenderloin last night, that was so tender I did pulled pork for my salad and for my boyfriend, a sandwich.

I made this dressing last night that was TOO DIE FOR!!!

2 tbs hot mustard
2 tbs dijon
1/2 tbs red pepper flakes
3 tbs apple cider vinegar
3 tbs olive oil
1 tbs sugar free heinz ketchup ( it only has 1 carb in 1 tbs and you dont even get the whole carb so GO FOR IT!! (
salt and pepper
I put it on my lettuce, mushrooms, cucumbers and pulled pork and it was soooooooooo good. probably my favorite so far

i recommend slow cooking your pork in ff, no carb chicken broth. I know for sure safeway and vons carry it! and whatever spices you like. ( a touch of cinnamon is way good)

20bydec 11-05-2009 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by torchlaker (Post 3001221)
SandraB: I had a piece of pumpkin pie last week (oops) and suffered no ill effects either. Just really had a problem with that one weekend. I thought I had taken enough IP products with me, but I ran out!!

I really hate to put when I started IP -- because I actually started cutting back on my own August 1st. I KNEW what IP entailed, and I was worried I wouldn't be able to give up diet pop and OJ....I actually have lost 24# in 9 weeks on IP...so I am averaging a bit less than 3# a week. It would be faster if I didn't have 2 restricted a day...but that is what gets me thru...and my choice, I guess.

I was never told we could have coconut oil. I have just used olive oil for everything...but not going over 2 T. a day (I was told that was my limit). I take the IP supplements. GNC is a 45 minute drive for me....The multi is about what I was spending on a multi anyhow. I was told by doc this week that I am deficient in D-3. I have been taking 1000uts a day, and she wants me to bump it up to 3000uts. I guess nearly everyone up here in upper Michigan is D-3 deficient (we don't get much sun in the winter...and there sure hasn't been any this fall).

I heard about IP from my doctors nurse. She had told me they were researching a diet last year. When she said I had to buy the products from them, I kinda forgot about it. Been thru that with 2 other diets and everything tasted like *&^&. When I went in to see doc about something else, I heard some girls in the waiting room talking about IP. One gal had had bariatric surgery and had gained some back. She said she was losing as fast as she did after the surgery. I spent the next month researching it (everyone was trying to talk me OUT of it because of the expense). I still hate the expense, but it IS working for me. I think the weekly weighins and personal coaching really help me.

PrinCass: Boy, I never thought about that. Wouldn't it be amazing to NOT say on New Years Eve that I had to lose weight? Gosh, with some luck, I should be at goal by then. BUT I suppose it is like smoking (yeah, I still smoke)....There is really no good time to quit, is there?

Right now, I am not entirely certain what I will do for the holidays. I will be staying at 2 different sisterinlaws, and with my son....and will be gone about 3 weeks. I have not yet cheated with alcohol (and that was tough because nearly everyone on our weekend was having wine in the evening), so I don't know how that would affect me. I bought a pina colada drink but haven't tried it yet cuz I KNOW I would want rum in it.

try adding rum extract and ice with your pina colada. And like someone else said, if you drink it through a straw you don't get that "chemical" smell/taste.

Megs84 11-05-2009 06:54 PM

I had my second weigh in yesterday, and I'm down another 3.8 lbs! In total, I've lost 12.2 lbs in my first two weeks :) I'm so excited about how well I'm doing so far and definitely motivated to keep going!

Josh, I'm going to check out your blog, thanks so much for sharing your story!

df1960 11-05-2009 07:17 PM

First weigh in

I had my first weigh in today. 8lbs down, I thought it would be more than that for the first week, but it is what it is. Having a hard time with figuring out my lunches at work. Most days I've been having the omelet with broccoli, very good anyone with other ideas.

saraj1022 11-05-2009 07:37 PM

Oooops. I forgot to puta tsp garlic powder and 2 splenda packets...it should be creamy

2ski4ever 11-05-2009 07:47 PM

Hi everybody,

I had my third weigh in last night and had lost another 5.9 lbs. That makes 17.5 in three weeks. How cool it that! On weight watchers it would have taken me at least 2 months to lose that much. Thanks for all the great recipes.
I am a little worried with the holidays coming up that I will want to have just ONE glass of wine, and all my lose will be stopped. I will have to just say no. Easier said than done. I was thinking of bringing one of my pom/cran/blueberry drinks into a club with me and just getting a glass of water. Then I will look like I am drinking and still be legal.

joshb 11-05-2009 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by torchlaker (Post 3001720)
Josh...I read your blog!! In fact - I put it in Favorites to check it every day. PS: I hate the leek soup, too! I water down the soups much more than required...that helps...so does throwing in some veggies. So - do I understand this right ---? Four months will be boiled down into a 15 minute film??

You do have it right, four months is gonna turn into a 15 minute peice, because that is all that is accepted into the film festivals 15-20 minute peices. I am almost 100% sure she will cut a longer peice in case she wants to make something even huger out of it.
And yes the leek soup is really bad, for me, some people love it, but my taste buds dont enjoy it.

ottawa 11-06-2009 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolbreeze (Post 3002265)
You just reminded me I need to be doing resistance training. I don't walk that fast, like 3.5 average, and I try to do an incline of only 1. Its enough to sweat a little but not go crazy. What do you do in your interval cardio? That sounds fun!

I forgot to add that this was what they say for exercise in phase 1 - phase 2 starts when 80% of desired weight is lost and more exercise is introduced.

I am doing the interval cardio by warming up at a steady pace for 5 mins. then I go for 2-4 mins at a steady pace then 2-4 mins. at either a faster pace or a 5.5 incline (or both depending on how strong I feel that day) and then back to steady pace for 2-4 minutes and continue back and forth like that for 25 mins and then a 5 min cool down; just so the heart rate goes up and down and does not remain at a consistent rate. I am thinking of adding more resistance training and another cardio, because my weight loss is very slow and I am not cheating.

I must say that I appear to be still losing inches even though the pounds are not coming off quickly (need to measure myself again to be sure). I have lost more weight and inches in the time I have been on IP than ever before and I think the fact that I am slowly (2 years into it) going through "mentalpause" opps sorry "menopause" lol, does not help my situation (hormones on a rampage etc).

BumpyMcPickles 11-06-2009 08:58 AM

On day 2 and so far no side effects - not terribly hungry either. I did post a recipe from last nights dinner on the sticky.

SylvieG 11-06-2009 09:25 AM

For exercise, :carrot: I am taking fast paced walks on my lunchtime at work 3 times a week (2.7 km (or 1.7 miles!) in 25 mins). I have started these prior to IP and it seems that it is now anchored as a good habit!

Haven't had a restricted packet since week 3 and "maybe" it helped increse my weight loss from a 2,5 or 3# weekly to a 3,5#... Not sure of the impact tho but I haven't found it that difficult to put the good stuff aside. My routine goes as this:
Breakfast - crispy cereals, omelette or ready to eat pudding (usually vanilla)
Lunch - soup, soy puffs (sour cream or BBQ) or pudding + veggies + salad
Dinner - the regular dinner (Sometimes swiched with lunch!)
Snack - IP drink or jello or pudding, depending on what I already had!

It has been my little routine for the past 3 months and even if I started cooking for the Holidays, I managed to stick to it :D

Congrats everyone on your weight loss! You are doing Great!! ;)

echobaby 11-06-2009 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshb (Post 3002763)
You do have it right, four months is gonna turn into a 15 minute peice, because that is all that is accepted into the film festivals 15-20 minute peices. I am almost 100% sure she will cut a longer peice in case she wants to make something even huger out of it.
And yes the leek soup is really bad, for me, some people love it, but my taste buds dont enjoy it.

Hey, Josh. I read your blog...keep up the good work. Regarding the soups: after not being able to take them when made per directions, I tried making them with about 10-12 oz. of fat free chicken broth(5 cals/1g carbs per 8 oz.) and adding garlic/onion powder and black pepper. They taste MUCH better and the texture is improved. Someone on this board checked with their coach(I don't have one) about the "legality" of using chicken/beef/vegetable broths and they said to go for it. Hope this helps make them at least palatable. Good luck with your 3rd, and hopefully last difficult day.

echobaby 11-06-2009 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ottawa (Post 3003032)
I forgot to add that this was what they say for exercise in phase 1 - phase 2 starts when 80% of desired weight is lost and more exercise is introduced.

I am doing the interval cardio by warming up at a steady pace for 5 mins. then I go for 2-4 mins at a steady pace then 2-4 mins. at either a faster pace or a 5.5 incline (or both depending on how strong I feel that day) and then back to steady pace for 2-4 minutes and continue back and forth like that for 25 mins and then a 5 min cool down; just so the heart rate goes up and down and does not remain at a consistent rate. I am thinking of adding more resistance training and another cardio, because my weight loss is very slow and I am not cheating.

I must say that I appear to be still losing inches even though the pounds are not coming off quickly (need to measure myself again to be sure). I have lost more weight and inches in the time I have been on IP than ever before and I think the fact that I am slowly (2 years into it) going through "mentalpause" opps sorry "menopause" lol, does not help my situation (hormones on a rampage etc).

How long have you been doing IP and how much have you lost?

PRINCASS 11-06-2009 10:40 AM

Week Two Weigh In!!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar070...3/165/221/.png
I'm a busy little bee...I have so much energy I almost don't know what to do with it!!

:dancer:
Everyday this diet becomes easier and more normal. I don't feel like I'm being denied anything. I feel wonderful!!:D

Good luck to everyone!! :hug:

coolbreeze 11-06-2009 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2ski4ever (Post 3002554)
Hi everybody,

I had my third weigh in last night and had lost another 5.9 lbs. That makes 17.5 in three weeks. How cool it that! On weight watchers it would have taken me at least 2 months to lose that much. Thanks for all the great recipes.
I am a little worried with the holidays coming up that I will want to have just ONE glass of wine, and all my lose will be stopped. I will have to just say no. Easier said than done. I was thinking of bringing one of my pom/cran/blueberry drinks into a club with me and just getting a glass of water. Then I will look like I am drinking and still be legal.

Awesome loss!! My trick during social events is to order a glass of water and put a pomegranite/cherry crystal light packet in it. Everyone thinks I am drinking a cape cod and doesnt question my choices. :-) You and I are pretty similar in build and weight loss goals but you are blowing me away with your big weekly losses! Are you exercising?

Gink 11-06-2009 11:31 AM

Awesome job everyone!

Josh - I would have had to quit the program if I HAD to have the leek soup....it was the worst ever. The chicken is decent and the mushroom is the best in my opinion. I tried the chili (is that spelled right?) yesterday for the first time - it was good but the portion was so small even with extra water. Oh well, at least it's something different for now.

One of my favorites is the omelette. Does anyone have any suggestions for preparing that in the microwave? I bring it to work with me and tried it in the mirco once..... It didn't turn out very well. Just wondering if any of you have any helpful hints for that?

Mom22 11-06-2009 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echobaby (Post 3003239)
Hey, Josh. I read your blog...keep up the good work. Regarding the soups: after not being able to take them when made per directions, I tried making them with about 10-12 oz. of fat free chicken broth(5 cals/1g carbs per 8 oz.) and adding garlic/onion powder and black pepper. They taste MUCH better and the texture is improved. Someone on this board checked with their coach(I don't have one) about the "legality" of using chicken/beef/vegetable broths and they said to go for it. Hope this helps make them at least palatable. Good luck with your 3rd, and hopefully last difficult day.

I also asked my "coach" about broth and she said try to sekect a low sodium one but that ortherwise it's o.k. to have - opens a whole world of possibilities with making homemade soup.

alwe74 11-06-2009 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gink (Post 3003338)
I tried the chili (is that spelled right?) yesterday for the first time - it was good but the portion was so small even with extra water. Oh well, at least it's something different for now.

If you add veggies to the chili and a little more seasoning (cumin, chili powder), it is way more filling. I add zucchini, green peppers, and broccoli.

valkyrie00 11-06-2009 12:44 PM

Hey guys.. wow there are so many new folks!! Welcome to all!
Just wanted everyone to know I'm still around... still on phase 1 and can't wait to get on my scales in the morning. My official weigh in is next Friday so I'll post where I am. I'm still doing my cardio and am actually jogging some.. quite impressed with myself I must say :)
I'm out of town the next two weeks so I should do really well... not much to do at the hotel other than work and work out... especially in the towns I'm going to be in... lol
Everyone have a great weekend!

echobaby 11-06-2009 12:52 PM

Today was my 1st "weigh-in"(I weighed myself)and I've lost 6 Lbs. That's awesome, but even more awesome is my energy level. I literally am bouncing off the walls and probably should not drink coffee anymore. I think I'm scaring my coworkers.

This is the weirdest thing: for the past 3-4 years I have dreaded exercising. I have so much energy the past few nights that I couldn't get to sleep much before 2 am....so I now WANT to exercise so I can get tired out!!! How bizarre. Who knew this would be so life-changing?

nicnyd 11-06-2009 01:05 PM

Hi guys, hope everyone is having a great week! I had my first official weigh and measure and here are the results, 11.2lbs and 7.25" in the first 7 days! Heres to next week!

saraj1022 11-06-2009 01:16 PM

Stay away from canned mushrooms! I went to buy some today to keep at work so I don't have to remember the fresh ones everyday...I read the label and the of course pack them with carbs

20bydec 11-06-2009 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by df1960 (Post 3002523)
I had my first weigh in today. 8lbs down, I thought it would be more than that for the first week, but it is what it is. Having a hard time with figuring out my lunches at work. Most days I've been having the omelet with broccoli, very good anyone with other ideas.

I make the chicken soup with 6oz of water, add a tiny amount of canned chicken and some broccoli slaw. Heat and eat. I make it the night before and warm it up at work. I've also made the pudding the night before and bring it to work. I've put a tiny amt of shrimp on a lettuce salad also.

coolbreeze 11-06-2009 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 20bydec (Post 3003594)
I make the chicken soup with 6oz of water, add a tiny amount of canned chicken and some broccoli slaw. Heat and eat. I make it the night before and warm it up at work. I've also made the pudding the night before and bring it to work. I've put a tiny amt of shrimp on a lettuce salad also.

I also like to doctor up the chicken soup, I steam 2 cups of broccoli, puree it, stir it in, and sprinkle with 1 oz shredded cheddar. Cream of broccoli soup! Very filling and good. I like your idea on some canned chicken.

kaygirl 11-06-2009 02:33 PM

I'm back!! I finally start IP on wednesday. day 3 for me and going great. I read here about the tasted of thing wasn't great. I haven't found anything that I haven't liked except the cappuccino drink I'm not a coffee person and that just right down taste like coffee to me. As for Walden Farm dressings Ranch, Blue Cheese and the Slaw dressing taste great.. My first WI is Wednesday. I decided when starting this diet I wasn't going to cheat until I have all 30 pounds off of me.

echobaby 11-06-2009 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by valkyrie00 (Post 3003469)
Hey guys.. wow there are so many new folks!! Welcome to all!
Just wanted everyone to know I'm still around... still on phase 1 and can't wait to get on my scales in the morning. My official weigh in is next Friday so I'll post where I am. I'm still doing my cardio and am actually jogging some.. quite impressed with myself I must say :)
I'm out of town the next two weeks so I should do really well... not much to do at the hotel other than work and work out... especially in the towns I'm going to be in... lol
Everyone have a great weekend!

Hi, Valyrie. You're quite an inspiration. Aren't you the one who managed to quit smoking while doing IP? How did it affect the taste of things and your rate of loss?

ottawa 11-06-2009 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echobaby (Post 3003242)
How long have you been doing IP and how much have you lost?

I started Oct 19 so this is week 3 and I have lost a total of 8.7 pounds, 6.5 first week, and 1 pound a week since then, but hopefully I will lose a bit more between today and Monday morning when I weigh myself again.

valkyrie00 11-06-2009 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echobaby (Post 3003674)
Hi, Valyrie. You're quite an inspiration. Aren't you the one who managed to quit smoking while doing IP? How did it affect the taste of things and your rate of loss?

No, that wasn't me... I have never smoked :)

chjsmom 11-06-2009 05:42 PM

Today was my first day on IP. I had the chocolate pudding which I did not care for at all. I had the pineapple-banana drink mix. It wasn't too bad. I love the raspberry jelly mix! I didn't get hungry between meals. Day 1 was pretty good day.

Is spinach an unlimited food item that we can have or just lettuce?

joshb 11-06-2009 06:03 PM

Hey guys!
My friend started this diet with me, shes the filmmaker that im actually living with lol
She couldnt help but weigh herself and she lost 5 lbs in 3 days!

df1960 11-06-2009 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gink (Post 3003338)
Awesome job everyone!

One of my favorites is the omelette. Does anyone have any suggestions for preparing that in the microwave? I bring it to work with me and tried it in the mirco once..... It didn't turn out very well. Just wondering if any of you have any helpful hints for that?

I prepare it at home, with 2 cups of broccoli, fry it in a non stick pan, then at work I pop in the microwave for 2 or 3 minutes it's delicious. So far for lunch that's my favorite, I've also been having salad with a pudding, but I'm not much of a salad person, for supper a salad is ok but for lunch not really.

MeghanO 11-06-2009 11:13 PM

Hello fellow IPers! I have FINALLY finished reading ALL of the IP posts & found great strength & hope in them!

I started the IP program this past Wednesday, so tonight is the end of day 3. The only "discomforts" that I have had that really bothered me is a HUGE headache the first day, probably from caffiene withdrawals. Today I am having back/kidney type pain. I thought maybe I had slept wrong, but had seen someone else mention it in the November IP forum.

The food is pretty good & I am actually having an issue with the lettuce! My Wellness Coach K. said to try something other then iceberg, but the type that I picked made me gag. So I switched to a Romaine for my lettuce & it is going better now. Not a HUGE fan of WF yet, but will try the BBQ sauce next. Also having an issue with the drinks, not puking bad but not my favorite. I will ask WC K. if I can just doing the puddings with more water & none of the drinks!

My WC K. put me on GYMNEMA for my sweet tooth. Prior to starting IP I had numerous pops a day & candy was a downfall. Since starting that, I have not had a craving for any of the Halloween candy or pop. Woooohooooo! And the only craving I have actually had is for a sweetened shredded wheat square that is in the cupboard at work.

Good luck this weekend on IP!
Meghan

esterbailey 11-07-2009 11:04 AM

this is my third week. i love the program because i'm not "cheating" - the first week i lost 5 pounds and then i went on a weeks vacation and a weeks business trip- thought i was "on program" without the food- came back and lost 1 pound- and now i'm feeling anxious that i'm not loosing enough. this morning i had an egg and a slice of tomato- can't stand the powdered eggs.
are there specific vegetables that i have to stay away from? thanks ladies!

Sandrab 11-07-2009 12:56 PM

hi there-

meghan - i also dislike the drinks - all of them except the chocolate, it is really good. i do not buy any of them. i start week 7 on monday coming up, and have yet to buy the drinks (initial ones given, i traded back in). i also have not tried any restricted or limited packets. the only packets i use are the dry cereal - ok and quick and easy for workdays, vanilla and butterscotch puddings, omelet, soups (all flavors) jello, and lots of the choc drinks. it does not matter which protiens you have if they are not limited. drinks are not. i could have 3 choc drinks a day if i choose, or 3 van puddings..i can not stomach the fruit drinks. i occasionally buy the yogurt, not so bad. what i did was purchase extra at first to build up a supply so now i usually only buy 2 boxes per week to keep a constant assortment.

someone asked about lunch ideas - i eat alot of soups with spinach or asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower in it. good way to get protein and veggies at lunch where options are limited. sometimes i make a big salad and do not use any of the above veggies to get a break from them. i will use tiny cherry tomatoes as can have twice week, radish, red onion, celery, and chop up dill pickles. i like this for a change. i really try to switch it up because dont want to get to sick of either. also - i bought those new "steamer" bags that came out - 15 per box about 4$. and i will bring fresh asparagus with sea salt, or broccoli, and just pop them in micro for 4 min. and i make a mustard sauce to dip them in. on those days i bring a pudding or jello for dessert. it is a satisfying lunch. as your on the diet longer your imagination gets flowing with ideas, out of shear boredom if nothing else!! i live off stirfrys for supper, lots of zucchini, bokchoy and bean sprouts. still not tired of them. make a real nice honey garlic one with soy, maple syrup WF, and garlic. really like that.

i lost a week due to a planned cheat ( 2 days off and lost nothing for the week) but up until that i averaged 5 lbs per week. 25lbs in 5 weeks, and i almost always go over 2 cups veggies, was told i could, i use broth every time i stirfry, and in my soups, i do chew spry gum and spry mints. these are all sold right at the coaches office. i do measure carefully for my meats, i do use my tomato option twice a week every week, and never eat anything that is not on my sheet ( except the planned cheat) so i think that there is a variety of info out there, but i am happy with how my results are working for me.

have a good weekend.

spatime 11-07-2009 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandrab (Post 3004623)
hi there-

meghan - i also dislike the drinks - all of them except the chocolate, it is really good. i do not buy any of them. i start week 7 on monday coming up, and have yet to buy the drinks (initial ones given, i traded back in). i also have not tried any restricted or limited packets. the only packets i use are the dry cereal - ok and quick and easy for workdays, vanilla and butterscotch puddings, omelet, soups (all flavors) jello, and lots of the choc drinks. it does not matter which protiens you have if they are not limited. drinks are not. i could have 3 choc drinks a day if i choose, or 3 van puddings..i can not stomach the fruit drinks. i occasionally buy the yogurt, not so bad. what i did was purchase extra at first to build up a supply so now i usually only buy 2 boxes per week to keep a constant assortment.

someone asked about lunch ideas - i eat alot of soups with spinach or asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower in it. good way to get protein and veggies at lunch where options are limited. sometimes i make a big salad and do not use any of the above veggies to get a break from them. i will use tiny cherry tomatoes as can have twice week, radish, red onion, celery, and chop up dill pickles. i like this for a change. i really try to switch it up because dont want to get to sick of either. also - i bought those new "steamer" bags that came out - 15 per box about 4$. and i will bring fresh asparagus with sea salt, or broccoli, and just pop them in micro for 4 min. and i make a mustard sauce to dip them in. on those days i bring a pudding or jello for dessert. it is a satisfying lunch. as your on the diet longer your imagination gets flowing with ideas, out of shear boredom if nothing else!! i live off stirfrys for supper, lots of zucchini, bokchoy and bean sprouts. still not tired of them. make a real nice honey garlic one with soy, maple syrup WF, and garlic. really like that.

i lost a week due to a planned cheat ( 2 days off and lost nothing for the week) but up until that i averaged 5 lbs per week. 25lbs in 5 weeks, and i almost always go over 2 cups veggies, was told i could, i use broth every time i stirfry, and in my soups, i do chew spry gum and spry mints. these are all sold right at the coaches office. i do measure carefully for my meats, i do use my tomato option twice a week every week, and never eat anything that is not on my sheet ( except the planned cheat) so i think that there is a variety of info out there, but i am happy with how my results are working for me.

have a good weekend.

You are doing so great, and thanks for the ideas......I find it facinating how
everyone likes something different. I guess it really is personal taste. I don't like any of the puddings or yogurt, the chocolate I tolerate and I thrive on the blueberry pomegranate and the peach mango drinks. I just make sure they are icy cold and drink them through a straw. Isn't it interesting?

MeghanO 11-07-2009 05:44 PM

Tomorrow is church & will need to decide if I take communion or not? What would you do? Not to many people know about my diet & I don't want to come out of ketois by having a small piece of bread & a teaspoon of wine??? Oh the choices!

saraj1022 11-07-2009 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeghanO (Post 3004885)
Tomorrow is church & will need to decide if I take communion or not? What would you do? Not to many people know about my diet & I don't want to come out of ketois by having a small piece of bread & a teaspoon of wine??? Oh the choices!

You won't come out of ketosis with that little. You have to go over a certain amount of carbs and that won't push you over

Mom22 11-07-2009 08:34 PM

I don't know if anyone else is doing this but I've starting "combining" my IP packets. I use a crepe for a wrap with the scrambled eggs (and assorted veggies), cut in half and save the other portion for later. I figure this is only one protein. I'm going to try this with the chili - I'm thinking chili dog (I know it's a stretch). I bet the cappuccino drink and chocolate drink would be good together - and as long as you only drink 1/2 you should be o.k.

Thanks for the food "tricks" so many of you have posted. I also checked out the recipes - there are some there I am absolutely going to try. Having trouble finding the sugar free ketchup - I love ketchup.