3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ideal Protein Diet - Monthly Chat - November 2009 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/185492-ideal-protein-diet-monthly-chat-november-2009-a.html)

TashaW 11-14-2009 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chubby twin (Post 3011976)
Since I don't have a coach,I will ask you all. My start date was 10-22. I am down 9 lbs. I have been having a lot of problems with constipation. What are others doing that have this problem? I drink a LOT of water. I get really tired of salad and veggies for lunch, so I have been taking a small can of tuna and adding mustard,onions and pickles to it and putting it over lettuce. I still have a IP drink. Is this legal? I have found Good Earth tea and I really like it. I get the decaff. orginal. It is sweet and spicy. No sugar,no carbs.

hey, I am certainly not a pro at this program by any stretch of the imagination, but I think it is an IP and vegis OR tuna and vegis but not done together. i have on ly been on the program a week and there are loats of great ladies on here with more experience and great advice that I am certain will comment and help you.

As for the constipation issue I connat help as I have the complete opposite problem for the entire week that i have been on IP.

The Tea sounds yummy I will have to go and look for that:))

MontanaMom 11-14-2009 03:02 PM

Quote:

Since I don't have a coach,I will ask you all. My start date was 10-22. I am down 9 lbs. I have been having a lot of problems with constipation. What are others doing that have this problem? I drink a LOT of water. I get really tired of salad and veggies for lunch, so I have been taking a small can of tuna and adding mustard,onions and pickles to it and putting it over lettuce. I still have a IP drink. Is this legal? I have found Good Earth tea and I really like it. I get the decaff. orginal. It is sweet and spicy. No sugar,no carbs.

The tuna and veggies are fine, as long as you're counting the tuna towards your protein (5 oz beef or chicken, 7 oz fish or seafood). So if you had 3oz tuna at lunch, you'd only be able to have 4 oz fish or seafood at supper or 2 1/2 oz or so of beef or chicken. Make sense?

PRINCASS 11-14-2009 03:20 PM

WooHOO!

Last night was ruff! :?: Not being able to get into the site was freaking me out......I'm so glad to see its back up and running!

:angel::angel::angel::angel:I finally got my signature...hope it works.:angel::angel::angel::angel:

:grouphug:Without you positive people I would have NOT been able to get this far! :grouphug: SO Thanks:thanks:

The kidney thing was horrible for me also. It seems to be feeling better everyday. I think the constipation my be causing some of the pains. So I've been taking Fiber Choice (sugarfree) and its been making things a little less painful. I just hope its not causing some kind of kidney problems:?:

:woohoo:14 Pounds in 3 weeks and feeling wonderful!!:woohoo:

echobaby 11-14-2009 04:25 PM

Quote:

After I went thru the diarrhea phase in the first week, I suddenly became plugged up. I took Miralax and have been fine ever since. I only took it a couple times last week.

I read other people writing about the tiredness and kidney pain, but never had it 'til Wednesday. I drank a big glass of warm water with a teaspoon of sea salt dissolved in it, and the pain was gone within 3 hours. I think that when they tell us to add sea salt to our food, it's for a medical reason. I was always thinking, well, I put salt on my meat, and I put salt in my homemade dressing, that's enough. But I guess this diet is SO low in sodium and potassium, that we have to have even more than we think. I'm also doing this without a coach, so I had to figure it out for myself.

I never knew how much I depended on the support on this board until the site went down. Personally, I'm happy it didn't go down on a week where I didn't lose weight on the scale. Can you imagine our feeling of defeat if we didn't have this board to reference when that happens(as it will, probably, to all of us at some point)? I know I'd want to quit and say **** it, I'll just stay fat. Thank God for all of you.:hug:

valkyrie00 11-14-2009 04:32 PM

Oh wow, what a bad time I've had trying to get here!!! I'm so glad it's working.. for now! 3 more lbs... 6.8 from the prize... will it ever get here????

vallygirl 11-14-2009 05:10 PM

Just an update. I am on my 40th day of IP and have lost 24 lb's and over 16 inches. I have spent the day altering my slacks so I have something to wear to work. This is absolutely amazing to me because normally I just don't lose weight. I haven't exercised for even one minute yet, in fact I was told not to for the first while, but now that I have taken off so much pressure on my knees I actually feel like I can exercise and I have the energy to do it. I find that I can't have my snack any time after about 7:00 pm or I have trouble sleeping so I usually split it up between morning and afternoon. I am really excited for everyone's successes. Great work! I hate veggies too but I am learning to enjoy things a little more as time goes on. I'm really sick of green food though. Any words of advice?

echobaby 11-14-2009 05:40 PM

Valkyrie, congratulations. That is truly AMAZING. What an inspiration you are.

To you who have gone so far and are at, or very close to your goal weights: do you think that the collagen in the jello and some other product I don't have access to(what is it, a drink?) has helped with you skin shrinking back? Next week I'm ordering for another month of food, and I was thinking of doubling up, or maybe tripling, my jello order. Oh, and thank you whoever wrote about dissolving the packet in boiling water instead of going by the directions. I could never get it to gel until I followed your advice.

elishatamar 11-14-2009 06:42 PM

Hello!

Hi everyone! I tried posting the other day, but since the site was being buggy I don't think it got through...

I'm a 25 year old, first-year pharmacy student. I weighed 135 lbs. (loose size 8) when I graduated from GA Tech in '06 and was walking everywhere because I didn't have a car... then I got a car and job at a desk and gained some weight... then I started dating a guy who got me turned onto beer and gained some more weight... then I broke my foot two years ago and now have arthritis in it, barring me from exercising and making me gain even more weight... and am up to a tight size 14 and 180 lbs (maybe more, I don't have a scale). It's really only been the last 15-20 lbs that have been bugging me, since everything before then just went to my lower half, but seeing my belly expand and my face puff up has been very sobering. Frankly, I don't know how anyone can take a fat pharmacist seriously, if I can't show that I care about my own health, how can I tell people to take care of themselves? The extra weight has also put an additional strain on my foot, and the only medicine I'll take for it to feel better has the potential to rip up my stomach, so I'd love to get that dosage down.

So my mom and I are planning on starting IP after we see each other for Thanksgiving (I live in Atlanta and she lives in El Paso). I've done a lot of research on the diet and spoke to some of my professors, and it seems pretty solid. One of my biggest motivators right now is the idea that I'm this size near the end of the semester, and have the opportunity to be a few sizes down by the time Spring term starts. So I'm very excited!

However, I am still a starving college student, and will be for the next 3.5 years, so if anyone feels like donating the food packages that you tried and don't like, I'll be happy to pay shipping!

Oh, and regarding sugar alcohols... sorbitol and especially xylitol are notorious laxatives. I remember two of the pharmacists I used to work with found out the hard way when the realized they only got bad gas when they had the sugar-free Jolly Ranchers...

As for those of you who have trouble getting things to move, if you don't feel like taking Miralax, docusate sodium (Colace) is a good (inexpensive) stool softener, it works pretty gently and you should notice results in about 12-24 hours if you take it twice a day. It's actually added to a lot of prenatal vitamins, since pregnant women can have issues with that.

So if anyone has questions about things from the biological/biochemical perspective, feel free to ask! I might not know, but I know who to ask!

- Tam

Mom22 11-14-2009 08:47 PM

Hey ladies - I had some awesome food today and want to pass along the ideas - they're not really recipes.

For breakfast I cooked a crepe and spread some of the WF raspberry jam (quite thick cause I like it), rolled it up - it was to die for.

Lunch - cooked up celery, mushrooms and green pepper - added in the omelet. Nice hot lunch. I was getting tired of soup (and lettuce). I also made myself some dessert.
1 cup of frozen unsweetened rhubarb, add a little water in the bottom of a small pot, heat until all the frozen rhubarb is hot. remove from heat and add 4 packets of Splenda. Yummy hot or cool. I just made another batch and added some unflavoured Knox gelatin - which has no sugars, no carbs - I'm thinking it will be like jam. I had forgotten we could have rhubarb.

I'm also wondering about using the "milk" in the cereal packets for other foods. Eat the cereal and use some of the milk for mashed cauliflower, cream for the rhubarb dessert - I don't have any right now so i can't try it out.

Valkryie - so glad you're back - you're the reason i joined the site - I read all the previous posts and had to join just so i could see your picture. I can't believe you are less than 10 lbs from your goal weight!! You're an inspiration!

Mom22 11-14-2009 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echobaby (Post 3012227)
Valkyrie, congratulations. That is truly AMAZING. What an inspiration you are.

To you who have gone so far and are at, or very close to your goal weights: do you think that the collagen in the jello and some other product I don't have access to(what is it, a drink?) has helped with you skin shrinking back? Next week I'm ordering for another month of food, and I was thinking of doubling up, or maybe tripling, my jello order. Oh, and thank you whoever wrote about dissolving the packet in boiling water instead of going by the directions. I could never get it to gel until I followed your advice.

Maybe instead of ordering the jello powder we could use the unflavoured Knox gelatin which is really inexpensive - it also has no sugars or carbs so should be allowed. I just made up a batch with rhubarb. Someone previously mentioned you can buy lime and lemon flavouring - might be some other flavours out there too. Then the jello isn't a protein snack - it's almost a freebie!

echobaby 11-15-2009 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom22 (Post 3012481)
Maybe instead of ordering the jello powder we could use the unflavoured Knox gelatin which is really inexpensive - it also has no sugars or carbs so should be allowed. I just made up a batch with rhubarb. Someone previously mentioned you can buy lime and lemon flavouring - might be some other flavours out there too. Then the jello isn't a protein snack - it's almost a freebie!

The rhubarb jello sounds good. I'll have to get fresh because I have never seen a package of frozen rhubarb. Cook it the same way? Do you have to peel it?(I've never made a rhubarb pie, can you tell?).

Anyway, my info says that the IP Jello has some kind of "available" collagen. I guess meaning your body will also use it as collagen. Hmmmm. This may be not true. But I'm choosing to believe them, for now. Anyone ever heard of any other product...maybe supplements, that make this claim? It would be awesome not to have saggy skin when this is over. I'm not as young as I was the last time I lost a lot of weight. Well, rather be thin, not even a close call.

Torchlaker, I found out that I know someone who also lives on Torch Lake. I've heard it is one of the most beautiful places in North America.

MontanaMom 11-15-2009 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRINCASS (Post 3012084)
Last night was ruff! :?: Not being able to get into the site was freaking me out......I'm so glad to see its back up and running!

LOL...like not being able to get ahold of you best friend, wasn't it! Says alot for group support, I guess. Good luck this week, everyone. Be strong!

Gink 11-15-2009 10:54 AM

Hey everyone! Still reading every day and love hearing all the success stories :) According to my home scale I am down 20lbs in 2 months!!!! I feel REALLY good about that considering I fell off the wagon (sortof) for about 3 of those weeks. If I had followed the plan a little more closely I know could have lost more but now I have the confidence that when I reach my goal I will be able to stay there :) That's HUGE in my opinion.

Sandrab 11-15-2009 10:57 AM

I can agree that it has been a frustrating week trying to get on this forum!! what was up with that??

I recently heard that our outlet is getting in more WF products, so am happy about that. I don't think i am getting overly tired of the veggie choices, but am definitely finding it harder, harder to "dress" them up. I only use homemade salad dressings, putting ideas together from recipes i have learned on this site...for stirfrys i rely on soya sauce, garlic, and IP maple syrup, but will tire of that soon.

Does anyone know if we can use salsa? i know that tomatoes are a restricted item, but should be able to sub salsa for that right? i read the nutritional info and it said 0 fat, sugars, and carbs, and only 10 cals for 2 tbsp. that would open a few more possibilites for dishes...

Weigh in Tuesday. feel as though i have had a pretty good week. heres hoping i am right!!

enjoy whats left of the weekend!!

Megs84 11-15-2009 11:08 AM

So, the other night I was at a friend's house and she offered me a glass of wine. Somehow, the fact that I'm on IP completely left my brain and I took the glass. I drank maybe 1/4 or 1/3 of the glass of white wine before I remembered I'm not supposed to be having alcohol. I'm a little worried that I've curbed my loss for this week. Does anyone know how much of an affect white wine has? I didn't have very much, but I'm still a little nervous. Other than that, I've been completely on track this week. If anyone has had any experience with this, I would appreciate it! Thanks :)

MontanaMom 11-15-2009 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandrab (Post 3012976)
Does anyone know if we can use salsa? i know that tomatoes are a restricted item, but should be able to sub salsa for that right? i read the nutritional info and it said 0 fat, sugars, and carbs, and only 10 cals for 2 tbsp. that would open a few more possibilites for dishes...

Here's a suggestion from our coach: Pan sear chicken then add two tablespoons uncooked salsa to the top of each piece of chicken and finish it under the broiler for a few minutes till the salsa is warm and yummy. The salsa just needs to count as part of your servings of "occassional" veggies.

Lilita175 11-15-2009 11:54 AM

Hi you losers!

I have lost 19 pounds in 4 weeks. People have started to notice.

I have not told them about IP because I don't want the role of recruiter/explainer/diet guide. I like to keep life simple.

I do tell them that I stopped eating starchy carbs and stopped drinking alcohol.

When they press for more I tell them I eat only lean proteins and non-starchy vegetables.

One person is sure that I must be exercising more (not.)

Ladies, be sure to measure your neck! I have lost an inch around my neck.

Have a great week everyone!

BumpyMcPickles 11-15-2009 12:35 PM

Im in the middle of week two and still loving it. I had the mushroom soup for the first time today - its pretty awesome but the omelette and pre-made chocolate uht drinks are my fave by far.

For those having problems with Crystal Light - Try 4C Totally Lightly drink mix packets. They are made w. splenda (no carbs, cals or sugar!) and they come in some really good flavors - usually 20 packets in the box compared to Crystal lights 8-10 packets. The Crystal Light has the aspertame in it.

loreleim76 11-15-2009 03:13 PM

Hello every one, it is nice to meet such a positive careing group of people. I am new to the site and reading the posts on here about IP is what convinced me to sign up. You are each others positive support group, I love it! Im surrounded by a bunch of negative nellies who dont understand the struggle I have been through over the last 9 years with my size. Before I became pregnant I was 135 pounds while pregnant I went to 152 and despite my efforts to plump up for my daughter I couldnt (lots of complications/no more kids for me, lol) within two months after her birth I flew up to 175 despite eating well balanced meals, I have slowly gained from there and as of the 5th of November when I started the IP way of life I was 199lbs, this is the largest I have ever been and I need and want to change for the better. It doesnt seem to matter what I eat I gain, but on Thursday I went in for my first weigh in and found that I have lost 2 pounds and 5 inches! woo hoo this is more then I ever accomplished going to the gym and eating as healthy as I could (in that case I went for a year and gained weight and inches! doctor has checked for thyriod issues several times and they are a ok. I have found that I have already started to look at the food lables for information on carbs and protien instead of calories as cutting calories never worked, Im learning that alot of the food I thought to be relatively healthy for me calorie wise was not as it was high in carbs, Im finding it easier to make the change to the IP way of life then I thought it was going to be, although I am dreading the holidays. I have found that I seem to be really sick to my stomache after eating some of the foods, has anyone else found this and any suggestions on alternatives/remidies? We thought it was a stomach flu so I stopped doing it for 3-4 days and as soon as I started again I got neasea again, I react this same way when I have anything with asprateme (lol cant even spell it correctly lol how can you tell i avoid it like the plague!) If I have a drink of Diet pepsi ect I am almost instantly getting sick to my stomach. I know IP doesnt have it in it so Im hoping someone may have a suggestion or two on what might be going on.

pudge b gone 11-15-2009 03:49 PM

New to Ideal Protein and Forums

Hi everyone! I am a pear-shaped mom of 2 w/ a desk job. (aka mostly sedentary, and not a lot of time to exercise after work). I was athletic through college, have always felt big for my age, but now I am just big period. :o I lost 5 lbs on 1 week of Atkins induction, then a nutritionist in the same office complex I work told me about Ideal Protein. I am on day 2 and so far so good! It is so motivating to have a group to share this experience with. You all are so incredible. I am going to make Sandrab's stir-fry tonight!

valkyrie00 11-15-2009 04:19 PM

Echo and Mom22.. thanks... it's been a LONG 10 months, let me tell ya! I appreciate your kind words though and really am trying to stay focused.
I have to share with all what my fiance' did for me.
I came in from Alabama and Friday, when he got off work, he said he wanted me to take a ride with him.. so of course I did.
Probably THE busiest road in Jackson, MS.. he has rented the biggest digital billboard, put our picture up with the caption 'Team Ted.. Soon to Wed'... He proposed in August and our wedding is in January so this was a 'just because', which is way better!
So if any of you are in the Jackson area, head down County Line Rd and check it out.. it'll be up til Wednesday or Thursday.
Team Ted is our nickname.. T for Tiffany and Ed for Eddie... dorky but it's fun :)
Anyway, I just have felt like a princess all weekend and had to share :)

toomanycats 11-15-2009 04:33 PM

Wine, turning 50 etc.

Megs 84 - I wouldn't worry about 1/2 glass of white wine. I recently visited a friend in another town - stuck to IP except for the wine we shared all weekend. Needless to say it was WAY more than a glass!!!;) Still lost lbs. that week. Clear/dry alcohols have no carbs so you will stay in Ketosis (if you are in it). It just has empty calories and unfortunately the body processes it like fat. So you may slow your loss, but again, not likely with 50 cal in a 1/2 glass of white wine! :dizzy:

loreleim 76 - sorry to hear the food packets are making you ill. I would talk to someone, maybe the pharmacist (elishatamar who posted yesterday)? :?: She may be able to pinpoint the possible culprits.

:devil: I turn 50 tomorrow. Been on vacation so I have blown it bigtime!!!! feeling sorry for myself I think. :stress: I WILL try to rein it in this week and get back on track after vacation! :angel:

echobaby 11-15-2009 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by valkyrie00 (Post 3013317)
Echo and Mom22.. thanks... it's been a LONG 10 months, let me tell ya! I appreciate your kind words though and really am trying to stay focused.
I came in from Alabama and Friday, when he got off work, he said he wanted me to take a ride with him.. so of course I did.
Probably THE busiest road in Jackson, MS.. he has rented the biggest digital billboard, put our picture up with the caption 'Team Ted.. Soon to Wed'... He proposed in August and our wedding is in January so this was a 'just because', which is way better!
So if any of you are in the Jackson area, head down County Line Rd and check it out.. it'll be up til Wednesday or Thursday.
Team Ted is our nickname.. T for Tiffany and Ed for Eddie... dorky but it's fun :)

That's awesome. You will be at your goal weight long before your wedding! Is it hard for you to grasp that you've lost almost half your body weight? You must feel like a new person. Way to go!

I have to say this again..I cannot believe how well this diet is working and how easy it has become. I'm hoping to break through to the 150s by Thanksgiving.

elishatamar 11-15-2009 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loreleim76 (Post 3013266)
I have found that I seem to be really sick to my stomache after eating some of the foods, has anyone else found this and any suggestions on alternatives/remidies? We thought it was a stomach flu so I stopped doing it for 3-4 days and as soon as I started again I got neasea again, I react this same way when I have anything with asprateme (lol cant even spell it correctly lol how can you tell i avoid it like the plague!) If I have a drink of Diet pepsi ect I am almost instantly getting sick to my stomach. I know IP doesnt have it in it so Im hoping someone may have a suggestion or two on what might be going on.

Have you noticed this happening with particular foods?

MontanaMom 11-15-2009 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by valkyrie00 (Post 3013317)

So glad you shared that with us. How sweet!

20bydec 11-15-2009 06:01 PM

valkyrie - what a romantic idea! I'm jealous!

with the stir fry, I found some asian WF dressing I'm going to try. Question about bokchoy - how much of it do you use? Do you just cut the end off (like the celery) and chop the rest?

Mom22 11-15-2009 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echobaby (Post 3012668)
The rhubarb jello sounds good. I'll have to get fresh because I have never seen a package of frozen rhubarb. Cook it the same way? Do you have to peel it?(I've never made a rhubarb pie, can you tell?).

Anyway, my info says that the IP Jello has some kind of "available" collagen. I guess meaning your body will also use it as collagen. Hmmmm. This may be not true. But I'm choosing to believe them, for now. Anyone ever heard of any other product...maybe supplements, that make this claim? It would be awesome not to have saggy skin when this is over. I'm not as young as I was the last time I lost a lot of weight. Well, rather be thin, not even a close call.

Torchlaker, I found out that I know someone who also lives on Torch Lake. I've heard it is one of the most beautiful places in North America.

someone posted on this site sometime back that they had seen or Oprah (I think) that these skin firming things were gimmicks - I don't know - the other IP product they talk about helping with skin tightening is one of the drinks - I can't remember which one but I know I had tried it and man or man it was gross - others have said they drink it but make it really cold and use a straw so they can't smell it.

Mom22 11-15-2009 06:48 PM

[QUOTE=echobaby;3012668]The rhubarb jello sounds good. I'll have to get fresh because I have never seen a package of frozen rhubarb. Cook it the same way? Do you have to peel it?(I've never made a rhubarb pie, can you tell?).

I bought frozen where you buy frozen fruit - unsweetened of course. Fresh is basically the same - you cut off the leaves, no peeling or anything, wash it, chop it up in about 2" pieces - cook it until it's soft - super easy!

Mom22 11-15-2009 07:10 PM

[QUOTE=Mom22;3013470]
Quote:

Originally Posted by echobaby (Post 3012668)

I bought frozen where you buy frozen fruit - unsweetened of course. Fresh is basically the same - you cut off the leaves, no peeling or anything, wash it, chop it up in about 2" pieces - cook it until it's soft - super easy!

and don't forget the Splenda - you have to sweeten it.

I found a bunch of flavoured Nestea crystal drinks - they are all sweetened with Splenda or Sucralose (same thing) instead of aspartame. they are in singles which is nice.

echobaby 11-15-2009 07:34 PM

I just tried Hanson's new all natural fruit sodas. All they are is sparkiling water, fruit "essence" and Splenda. No additives, etc. They are really delicious. But the thing is....they are expensive. Almost a dollar each. They come in a light blue box with only 4 cans per box if you want to treat yourself. It's funny. I go my whole life not liking sodas, and now since I've been on IP, I'm looking all over for ones with Splenda.

loreleim76 11-15-2009 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elishatamar (Post 3013389)
Have you noticed this happening with particular foods?

after posting this I had a vanilla shake and had the syptoms show up. Once they started to subside I had lunch of a packet of mushroom soup with my veggies and I was perfectly fine. I have looked on the box and there is no sucralose in the soups but 11grams in the bars and 32grams in the shake, so Im going to omit the shakes till weigh in day and trade for something with little to no sucralose and see if this is making the difference. the shakes also have acesulfame k (24 grams) in it so maybe its the combination of the two, so the next time Im at a coffee shop Im going to grab some splenda and experiment to see if I get that reaction from splenda and coffee. That should tell me if its the splenda or the acesulfame k as i dont seem to get this reaction with the bars, they have sucralose in a lower amount and no acesulfame k in them. not sure if this is going to help any but its worth trying out and seeing.

Sandrab 11-15-2009 10:01 PM

i too had forgotten that we could have rhubarb...still cant wrap my mind around the fact that rhubarb is a vegetable? is it really? weird.

perrier water should be another alternative to regular water as well. can anyone think of a reason why we cant have that. i have always liked it, and bought a bottle of it the other day. seems like there are more varieties of drinks than first imagined.

20bydec 11-15-2009 10:44 PM

could we cook rhubarb with some sugar free jello - just a small amt to give it some flavor?

torchlaker 11-15-2009 10:54 PM

Wonderful, wonderful posts!! I haven't been on the puter all weekend; i was getting SO frustrated when Icouldn't get on. Am actually looking forward to weighin because I think I did everything right this week. I am so excited that I am in the 150's....but hate that nothing fits! I am living in 2 outfits!! i hate to shop, but I think I am going to have to bite the bullet and get some jeans..but I still have 18# to go...seems like a stupid purchase right now.

I can't remember who was having the problems with the constipation...I am now in my 3rd month, and still wrestling with that problem. I do take a "colon cleanse" and 2 Colace every night, but not much moves. I usually have to resort to a laxative on Sunday nights, and i hate doing that...but I also hate those toxins in my body. Doc finally said I could do the Miralax, but the thought of putting it in water makes me gag. I alwlays have problems when I go on a new diet, new medication, etc with my inards.....but I sure wish that would clear up fo rme already.

OK - I did try making the soycrisps into breading...adding some spices. It looks like it will work. I thought they would blend down to nothing (like pork rinds did), but out of 2 bags, I cut about 1-1/2 cups. Pretty expensive breading.

AND I also tried just buying butterscotch pudding and adding soymilk and protein powder to it. It didn't work. It didn't thicken up, and tasted awful. If i ever get time, I think I will go on Netrition.com, since they give the nutrition data for all their products. A note here....sugarfee pudding had 6g. carbs (not including the milk -- which I thought would be about 7g. carbs..and no protein. Our IP puddings have 18 g of protein, and only 2 carbs...Doubt if I can find anything edible with that much protein.

So...I wonder...what actually makes this IP work? Is it that it is lowcarb, high protein? Is it the soy? Is it because it is lowfat, or low calorie. I am just glad it works....but I want to know WHY!

torchlaker 11-15-2009 10:58 PM

Also...thinking out loud....(can you hear me??)....my doctor has NEVER mentioned that any of the drinks can help with loose skin. I was the one that posted that Dr.Oz said no drinks would help. I do have loose skin and am a bit bummed about that....but it sure is fun diving into the back of my closet, and finding things i haven't worn in years....OR bought, thinking I would someday be thin enough to wear them....and I am!! If I would just go to the thrift store or consignment store, I could probably find something, but I hate to shop!! (which is why I sew...but I don't even want to make anything new to sew until I lose another 10#...then, watch out!!)

Mom22 11-15-2009 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 20bydec (Post 3013694)
could we cook rhubarb with some sugar free jello - just a small amt to give it some flavor?

I checked - sugar free jello has aspartame. maybe you could mix in some of the drink crystals from the nestea drinks - they are sweetened with Splenda.

pudge b gone 11-15-2009 11:31 PM

Perrier / Sparkling Beverages

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandrab (Post 3013663)
i too had forgotten that we could have rhubarb...still cant wrap my mind around the fact that rhubarb is a vegetable? is it really? weird.

perrier water should be another alternative to regular water as well. can anyone think of a reason why we cant have that. i have always liked it, and bought a bottle of it the other day. seems like there are more varieties of drinks than first imagined.

I asked my nutritionist about this the day I started b/c I love having something cold and bubbly w/ dinner. She said to avoid all sparkling/fizzy drinks because the carbonation leeches calcium from your body. I suppose it would be OK on occassion though.

loreleim76 11-15-2009 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by torchlaker (Post 3013703)
Wonderful, wonderful posts!! I haven't been on the puter all weekend; i was getting SO frustrated when Icouldn't get on. Am actually looking forward to weighin because I think I did everything right this week. I am so excited that I am in the 150's....but hate that nothing fits! I am living in 2 outfits!! i hate to shop, but I think I am going to have to bite the bullet and get some jeans..but I still have 18# to go...seems like a stupid purchase right now.

I can't remember who was having the problems with the constipation...I am now in my 3rd month, and still wrestling with that problem. I do take a "colon cleanse" and 2 Colace every night, but not much moves. I usually have to resort to a laxative on Sunday nights, and i hate doing that...but I also hate those toxins in my body. Doc finally said I could do the Miralax, but the thought of putting it in water makes me gag. I alwlays have problems when I go on a new diet, new medication, etc with my inards.....but I sure wish that would clear up fo rme already.

OK - I did try making the soycrisps into breading...adding some spices. It looks like it will work. I thought they would blend down to nothing (like pork rinds did), but out of 2 bags, I cut about 1-1/2 cups. Pretty expensive breading.

AND I also tried just buying butterscotch pudding and adding soymilk and protein powder to it. It didn't work. It didn't thicken up, and tasted awful. If i ever get time, I think I will go on Netrition.com, since they give the nutrition data for all their products. A note here....sugarfee pudding had 6g. carbs (not including the milk -- which I thought would be about 7g. carbs..and no protein. Our IP puddings have 18 g of protein, and only 2 carbs...Doubt if I can find anything edible with that much protein.

So...I wonder...what actually makes this IP work? Is it that it is lowcarb, high protein? Is it the soy? Is it because it is lowfat, or low calorie. I am just glad it works....but I want to know WHY!

When I worked with people who had brain injuries we had a recipe called superlax, unfortunately it is made out of figs, prunes, dates, prune juice some orange juice and ground flax to thicken it up, kept our clients "moving" i could get you the recipe if you would like and if we input the recipe on calorie count it would give the information on how much protien and carbs are in it, may be a natural way to get the job done, as well I had a pregnant coworker tell me she just tossed ground flax into her meals, a teaspoon or two with each meal shouldnt change the texture or taste any, you can get it usually in the bulk section of your local grocery store.

MeghanO 11-15-2009 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 20bydec (Post 3013419)
valkyrie - what a romantic idea! I'm jealous!

with the stir fry, I found some asian WF dressing I'm going to try. Question about bokchoy - how much of it do you use? Do you just cut the end off (like the celery) and chop the rest?

I have been using Bok Choy all week & LOVING it! I have been sauting garlic, pepper, zucchini, Bok choy & mushrooms & letting it cook w/1/4 cup FF chicken broth. Once cooked, I put a little bit on the Asian WF dressing on it & enjoy. To prepare the Bok Choy, I rinse it WELL, very WELL!!! I then split it down the middle & slice it up.

MeghanO 11-16-2009 12:00 AM

The 2 items that I am aware of the have the COLLOGEN in them to help with saggy skin is the JELLY/Jello & the Pomagranite drink...both which I do NOT care for.

Are we allowed to have broth??? And what is the requirements for the broth if the answer is YES?