General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2001, 07:08 AM   #106  

Default hi girls

i am really sorry to hear about your loss, i had one to, before i had my one and only child now, i was really upset, cause i waited so long to start having babies, ya know do everything right, meet guy, get married get a house enjoy my marriage ,just the two of us for a whil, then have kids, that ended up to be, when was 30. glad you are feeling better. i want to have another but my husband doesnt, i am upset about that.

good for you not turning to food. i think this was the only time i didnt turn to food either. it is to heart breaking.

geez, i feel for you girls, my angelina was only 5 lb 12 oz and 18 in.long.

i will be back to let you know if i can have two great days in a row.

hope everyone is well.
Old 11-15-2001, 12:01 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi all,
Tupo-I am so sorry for the loss. I am thankful, however, that it happened now, and not after you became more attached and started preparing for another baby.
To answer your question, my daughter was 10 pounds 4 ounces, 23 inches long-and to make it worse, her head was 15 1/2 inches-average is 13 1/2. My son was taken prematurely by induction, and he was 9 pounds 4 ounces, and his head was also 15 inches. If I would have had him around my due date, the doc estimated he would be at 11 pounds! OW!!!!
I cannot have any more children for health reasons,my gestational diabetes was worse with my son, and another might throw me into having diabetes the rest of my life. I will probably get it when I am older, but the later the better.
Just spend this extra time you are given with your child you have, and you are right to trust God. My mother lost a baby at 7 months pregnant, and they found the baby had severe birth defects. It could be many reasons why this happened-or maybe God knew your son needed you to himself right now. Take care of yourself, you have friends here.
Willbethin, glad you are having a good day-and yes, I am wore out from the house. We are moving in over the weekend, and then I will be SO glad!
Aphil
Old 11-15-2001, 07:37 PM   #108  

alright aphil, almost time to relax, almost home, yea. well i did do good all day until dinner, i over ate a little at dinner, but it is pms and could have done alot worse, but at least it wasnt a binge. i feel i am still in control.

tupo , how are you???

hang tough girls. tomorrow is my weigh in, but i am not expecting a loss, just had a so so week, good bad good good bad, ya know up and down, but no bad binges.
Old 11-16-2001, 01:11 AM   #109  

I'm doing ok today. It's hitting home a little bit harder and I'm crying more but that is ok. While I'm not eating a ton, I am turning to 'comfort' foods although not intentionally. I was at one of my best friend's house today (she's also like a mom to me) and she just happened to give me sugar free Jello, chicken noodle soup, crackers and some soda. The same things that my mom always made me when I was sick! It was very comforting. We watched a Christmas movie. Then tonight, my sister came over and started talking about Ben and Jerry's low fat frozen yogurt and I talked her into going and getting a pint which she, my husband and I all shared. Someone at hubby's work had given him a little tiny stuffed teddy bear for the new baby before we lost it and he brought it home today. I hold it and cry and it makes me feel better to have something tangible in my hands. I'm sorry to go on so long! I don't really know what to do except flow with it which kind of sucks but I know God is gracious and will take care of us. Thank you for your love.
In Christ,
Pamela
Old 11-16-2001, 07:30 AM   #110  

Default hi tupo

glad you are still posting, that might help too. sorry you are feeling blue, but, you are allowed to and take as long as you want to feel better. it is not gonna happen overnight. the foods you have been eating sound good, not overdoing it good for you. and it is nice to have all those caring people around you to get you through this.

i am doing good, altoug i stayed the same again, i know i am on my way, this is the third day, i am on my eating plan and i will make this work. next friday, i will be under 178 guaranteed!!!!!!!
Old 11-16-2001, 09:22 AM   #111  

Hi girls,
Willbethin-glad you are doing better, and realizing what you are doing good and bad. I hope your weigh-in next week is good.
Tupo-I know it helps to have something tangible to hold, and I am glad you have good friends who are supporting you. You will feel better soon. Hang in there.
Well, we are starting the move tonight-I have a couple of paint spots to touch up where the installer rubbed up against a tacky wall, and then we are putting the baseboards back in those rooms, and then the appliances. I am also going to start bringing in the kids' things. We will move all of our stuff and the furniture tommorrow.
I am so proud of the painting I did on my kids' rooms! I always wanted a fantasy bedroom when I was a kid, so that's what I did for them. My son's is yellow, and I stenciled blue and light green stars all over the walls, and have border that has stars and moons all over it, and a switchplate shaped like a star. I made crib bedding and a valance out of old fashioned striped ticking material like they used to make pillows and feather beds out of-the valance is tab top, and I changed the pattern, so they don't fasten with buttons, but with bib overall buckles. It is adorable.
Jasmine's room I painted like a castle tower-the top of the wall is sky blue with painted clouds, and the rest is gray with light gray cobblestones painted on it. I just ordered her a bed skirt and pillows that have little kings and queens on them, and I am going to make velvety castle type curtains when we get in and settled. She loves it!
It has been a real pain to do, but it is very satisfying for me to have done it for them. I will have to take pics and attach them so you can see.
I haven't been eating the greatest, but I sure have goten a lot of exercise doing all of this work! I am so sore, I will be glad when it is all over.
Have a good one girls!
Aphil
Old 11-16-2001, 09:33 AM   #112  

ahil, you are sooooo creative, can you be my mom????LOL. i dont have a creative bone in my body and my daughter does, she would love for me to do that stuff. you are so busy. the food will come later, sounds like you dont have much time to think about what you are eating, just concentrate on not gaining right now , till you have more time to yourself. it will all come together. the rooms sound fabulous. i would love to see pics.
Old 11-19-2001, 06:58 PM   #113  

Hi Ladies!
Well, we are moved in the house-it's not pretty, but we are here!
I have so much to do with putting pictures up and arranging things-I will be so glad when it is all done with.
Hope everyone is doing okay.
Aphil
Old 11-20-2001, 09:27 AM   #114  

Default hello

aphil, glad you are in your house, now the real work begins LOL.i have been experimenting with low carb foods and i do find that i can stay fuller longer when i eat protiens. so i am doing good, not overeating, just trying to learn what works for me. i will let you know if i lose this friday, or i might weigh in on sat, just this week. give myself some slack for the day after thanksgiving, not that i plan on pigging out, but i do intend to enjoy myself and not obsess about food that day. or any day. hope everyone is doing well.
Old 11-20-2001, 04:40 PM   #115  

Hi all,
Ladies-How do you help a friend who is making a huge mistake and asks you what you think, then won't listen?
An old friend called me and told me all about this guy she started dating-how sweet, sincere, wonderful.......blah, blah, blah,....well I recognized the name as someone I dated before I met my husband-and he is still using the same lines and moves as he was 7 years ago! She thinks he is so great, and asked me what i thought-and I told her to watch out! He has dated all the women in our county, and is moving on to others now I guess! This girl falls for every man who will treat her bad, and won't have anything to do with someone who truly likes her....Oh well...
Willbethin, you are right-the work has truly begun! I am wading in everything trying to get things put away!
Hope everyone is doing well!
Aphil
Old 11-21-2001, 12:05 PM   #116  

hello everyone., what is everyone up to?

aphil, i am not really good at giving advice, but i think you did your part by already expressing your feelings about the situation. but i know it is hard to sit back and watch when someone is making a mistake. and it is hard to support that. you dont have to agree with your friend, but if you dont want to fight with her, i wouldnt say too much more about him. i would just tell her, you know how i feel about this guy and if you want to continue to see him, i cant support this, and would rather not talk about it.

i overate yesterday, but i know why, and will try to avoid it in the future.

lets just enjoy thanksgiving tomorrow and not think too much about how much we are eating, let just try to control a little.
Old 11-21-2001, 02:10 PM   #117  

Hi,
Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow!
Aphil
Old 11-24-2001, 12:07 PM   #118  

hi guys,
im very bummed. its taken me 8 days to lose 1/2 pound and thats after counting every last calorie. the good news is i think i finally found the reason i cant lose. it looks like ive got wts. ive been taking my temp for almost a month& it is typically 96. ive got alot of the symptoms of hypothyroid too. i thought i had that last year.

im tired of feeling lousy from it. im calling my doc on mon. for an appt so i can try to convince her ive got wts cuz the 1 doc that treats wts near me doesnt take my ins.
Old 11-24-2001, 01:15 PM   #119  

Sorry I haven't been around lately! My dad started messing around with the computer and pretty much killed it. We've been using our old Mac but it's too slow to really get much done on it. We're in Iowa at my mother in law's! It's just been one thing after another but at least I'm finding the humour in everything. It all came to a head yesterday when ds broke out in an allergic rash all over his face. I think we're going to go home tonight!! I lost 3 pounds this week but I'm not really sure how I did that. I guess I've only been eating when I'm hungry and stopping when I'm full. There really weren't a whole lot of foods I was interested in on Thanksgiving (being a former East Coaster, some of these Midwest foods are still a little odd to me!!) so I guess that was good. I can't belive that if I lose 2 more pounds for next week I will be in the 150's! It feels very surreal (I was 196 when I started losing weight).

Aphil: glad to hear you're in your new house! The kids rooms sound absolutely fabulous!!!

I hope everyone else has a good weekend! God bless.
In Christ,
Pamela
Old 11-24-2001, 05:46 PM   #120  

pam,

congrats on your loss! i hope everything works out.
Closed Thread