General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2001, 11:41 PM   #46  

Wink

Hi girls,

Willbethin, sorry to hear about your grahm. That makes for tough times all around. Hang in there and I'm sending good thoughts your way for you and your family during this time.

Livein, I know exactly what you were up against with the cookie dough. Ironically, I went through 3 cans of the @#?& stuff last week - pretty much by myself (I can't even let the kids take credit for eating too much of it). Ugh! But, I put on my walking shoes and went out the door at 6:00 for my morning stroll each day in spite of that disaster. And the scales may not have gone down, but they didn't go up either.

Marshmellow, I've tried a couple of the programs where you log everything in. They are great - as long as you have the time to put in the info. I used one during the summer when I wasn't running 16 hour days teaching school. I can't seem to find the time to do it now. (It is 11:35 p.m. in GA now, and I have just finished getting spelling papers and my newsletter ready for tomorrow - do I ever get to bed at a decent hour?!!!)

Oh well! Girls, stay strong. I'll catch you later.

Southern Gal

Old 10-05-2001, 07:12 AM   #47  

Default hi girls

how is everyone doing??

i used to bake all the time when i was younger, that is when i could eat half the batter and never gain an ounce. i really dont have the stuff in the house anymore. but that is really not fair to my daughter, she always wants to bake cookies.

i have to get stronger about it. well i ate chinese food last night , way to much. the result for the week??? i stayed the same again.

i know it is better than a gain, but it is so frustrating that i cant make that scale move. i know i just have to have more good days than bad. i can accept i will have bad days but they are getting in the way of the scales moving.

this week i will be stronger and make that scale move by next fri.

southern gal, thanks for your thoughts, i am going to see her in a couple hours, i will let you know how she is doing, it is really hard.

aphil , i hope everything is alright, and hope to hear from you soon.
Old 10-08-2001, 01:41 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Default I have been away way too long!!!

Hi all,
I had to get updated and read everyone's posts.
I haven't posted in about 2 weeks (BAD APHIL!), I have been so stressed out, busy, and I have completely crumbled in the overeating department. I haven't even touched the scale-too afraid of how much I have gained back.
My hair loss has slowed down a bit, but still coming out a bit more than it should. Hopefully soon it will stop. I just need to stop letting things get to me so much.
We have found a home we like, and have made an offer on it-we are waiting to hear from the seller to see if we got it. I hope so-it is really nice.
I tell ya girls-I have been battling with a lot more than cookie dough!
I feel so terrible, but I am a stress overeater, and I need to get things organized in my life.
Sadie-I am SO proud of you! You are going to look so good this year at the holiday events. It is so great to see family you haven't in a while after losing weight! (It is even better to see people you don't like much after losing weight-ha! ha!)
Well, I am glad to be back-it helps so much to have people that care about you and your weight struggles. People in your family can support you, but they don't always understand.
Love ya all,
Aphil
Old 10-08-2001, 03:08 PM   #49  

Angry hey girls

so glad to hear from you aphil. hope you can get organized with the house and your life. that has to be taken care of first, then the weight will come.

i also stress eat. my grahm has to have triple bypass surgery, i have been so worried about her, but at leat i get to see her often in the hospital. she seems fine, doesnt seem so sick to me. she is a very strong woman.

i had a horrible eating weekend. i really want to stay away from the scales too.

one day at a time, gotta get control.

hope everyone is doing good. lets not give up!!!!!
Old 10-08-2001, 07:58 PM   #50  

Livein - I have those days where I feel like I am battling those chocolates, etc. and other days I have so much will power it causes people to envy me. (also I find the more I tell people I don't want the cookies, the more they giggle and wave them in my face) Gee do they think the way I look is healthy?

I like recording my calories down to the creamer and then at the end of the week I usually have accumulated enough to have a treat. Just knowing that you can have something within the week's time sometimes gives you the strength to postpone the battle.

Well Canadian thanksgiving was a total blow out, but I intend to fire up Diet Power again tommorrow and start anew again (for the 4 millionth time). One day at atime and forgive yourself for yesterday.

Nancy
Old 10-09-2001, 04:42 PM   #51  

Hi,
Willbethin-I hope your Grahm is doing okay.
Marshmellow-I know what you mean about people waving food in your face. My hubby is the ultimate diet sabateur-he prefers curvy women like Kirstie Alley and that one chubby Playboy playmate-I can't remember her name-she looks like Marilyn Monroe and married that real old rich man....
He loves curvy women that dress classy and have nice full chests.
I am thankful for that-I know he isn't looking for someone thinner than me-but it doesn't make sticking to my diet any easier.
My absolute fave candy is Hershey's chocolate, and he put a gazillion bars and kisses in my Christmas stocking last year...I could have beat him!
He loved the way I looked when I was pregnant, too. What a weirdo-
Well, I better go for now.
Talk to you soon!
Aphil
Old 10-09-2001, 05:08 PM   #52  

Hello everyone!!! I am still on plan and have lost 52lbs. so far. 34 more to goal. women men like go in trends. Curvy is now.
Old 10-10-2001, 09:30 AM   #53  

hi girls, i see everyone seems pretty happy.

sadie girl, 52 lbs way to go!!!!!!!!! almost to goal, woo hoo.

aphil , my grahm has to get triple bypass surgery, it is a very emotional, time, and i am trying not to turn to food. i will get on scale, fri morn. some good days and some bad eating days, but i wont give up trying to get this weight off.

be careful all you sweet eaters, halloween is coming.
Old 10-10-2001, 12:20 PM   #54  

Default Fat grams

I did not have a loss last week so I started fresh on Monday. I'm doing pretty well. I have been trying to stick to 1400 calories daily. I guess what I was wondering was should I be keeping track of my fat grams as well? Or at least watching them? I usually don't go over 40 but I'm wondering if that is to high.

Another question I had was does anyone save calories? Like for instance, if I know you knew you had a wedding coming up would you eat lighter than your daily calories on other days to make up for what you will eat? I'm not sure if that makes sense or not. I'm just wondering how to handle special occasions, which come very often between my family and friends.
Thanks

Sadie,
Great job! You are truly an inspiration.
Old 10-10-2001, 03:07 PM   #55  

Hi,
Livein-I sortof save calories at times, but not for long periods of time. If your calorie limit is 1400-1600, stay at 1400 for about a week, and that should give you enough to have a peice of cake and a glass of champagne at a wedding along with your meal, just choose the 2 or 3 treats at the event you REALLY want, not just pig out on everything because it is there.
Livein-40 fat grams is not too high-you should never go below 20, and thqt is real low. You need some fat in your diet . People who cut their fat too low have dry looking skin and may experience hair loss.
Willbethin-I pray your grahm's surgery goes well. My grandfather has heart problems, and both my grandfathers-in-law. I know what she is going through.
Aphil
Old 10-11-2001, 09:54 AM   #56  

Angry hi girls

thanks aphil, i am sorry for your relatives too, isnt it horrible??

she is haveing the operation this morning at 11:00 am it is 9:49 right now. they dont know if she is strong enough to survive. if she does, she has to go to a home, which i know she will absolutly hate, she said she doesnt want to ever go to one. she will not be happy there. i am just trying to keep my mind off of it and food.

i am doing alright today with food, i will weigh in tomorrow, excercise is done. i only have one glass of water in so far today, i better get drinking.

have a great day everyone. hope you all are doing well.
Old 10-16-2001, 09:45 AM   #57  

Angry hi girls

how is everyone doing? i have been falling off and on, so weight is still the same. 3 weeks in a row.

my grahm, made it throught he triple bypass, is very week and on her way to rehab. i feel a little bit better about that.

well, once again , although i do still agree with doin it the old fashioned way, right now i need a little more structure to my eating plans.

i am starting somersizing. i did try this before, but didnt even give it a week. so i am making it my goal to just get through the first week without a cheat.

she doesnt count portions, i need to eat till i am full. without feeling guilty about it.

well that is what i am doing now.

hope everyone is doing well.
Old 10-16-2001, 11:24 AM   #58  

Hi,
Willbethin-I have been thinking a lot about you lately. I am glad your grahm made it through her surgery.
You have been off and on a lot lately, and going back and forth between weight watchers, BFL, and now Suzanne Somers. I don't really think it is one program or another not working for you, but maybe you are not as motivated to lose as you were when you started. I know how it is, and I tell you, it is easier to be motivated to lose, than it is to maintain for life once you reach goal weight. It is exciting to get compliments and to see the numbers drop each week, but when you are on a maintenance phase there's not as much to be excited about.
I think maybe it would help if you thought about why you decided to lose weight in the first place. Was it an emberrassing moment? A pair of your biggest pants getting too tight? A remark someone made about your weight? Write yourself a letter about how you feel about yourself and keep it in your pocket or purse. Take a picture of yourself now and put it on your fridge as a reality check.
This will help you.
The stress in my life is a big problem with my weight and I realize this. This weekend I had my dad and stepmother take the kids and I went out with my husband. I used to love to shop for clothes, and now I hate it. Nothing looks good, and I see all of the girls that look how I used to. I am only 26 years old and I look like I am 35. My husband loves me but I do not love myself. I have a lot of things I want to do again-and I am vowing to leave the stress behind and do the things I want. I want to lose weight, redecorate my house, and ride Harley's with my husband! Screw the rest of it all!
Willbethin-you need to find what it takes to get motivated again. I hope you do soon.
TAWANDA!!!!!!!(if you don't get this, watch Fried Green Tomatoes)
Love,
Aphil
Old 10-16-2001, 12:58 PM   #59  

thanks aphil, i do have a lot of things to figure out, i will do that.

sounds like you know exactly what you want, and sounds like you will do it.

you are right it is not the program i am on it is within myself to figure this out.

never saw fried green tomatos maybe i will check it out.

thanks again.
Old 10-17-2001, 09:06 AM   #60  

I I'm new on here and have lost 32 pounds by counting calories. I don't count carbohydrates or fat grams. I eat 2500 calories a day. I also exercise with weights 6 days a week. Bicep/Tricep/Back then Legs, then shoulders/chest and I walk everyday for at least one hour.

I find counting calories is cheaper than weight watchers and I don't have to figure out points for anything. I've also found out I don't have to eat very low calorie and have much better success.

I can't begin to tell how cool it is to find some people doing something simular to what I'm trying to do. Thanks for listening... well reading anyway. It's nice to meet all of you.

I'm married with no children

female
5'9
262/230/162
Closed Thread