General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2001, 08:23 PM   #151  

no problem. you can do it!!
Old 12-07-2001, 07:00 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Default Hi everyone!

Hi all,
I have been so busy with the house and Christmas shopping and all!
I am doing well, staying on track, and have lost 2 pounds this week of the weight I had gained back when I was sick! I had gotten up to 202 when I was brave enough to weigh myself, and I am now back at 200. I have been getting up with my husband when he is getting ready for work to exercise uninterrupted while the kids are still asleep.
I am so glad to be back on track!
I am doing really well-and have found a great Holiday treat without many calories. They have so many flavors of candy canes out, and they only have 70-80 calories each, and I can suck on one for an hour while I watch the tv in the evening. It really keeps me out of the cookies and things while not making me feel like I am missing out!
Well ladies, I'd like to hear how you are doing.
Take care,
Aphil
Old 12-07-2001, 07:26 AM   #153  

I don't know. I've been feeling very apathetic about this whole weight loss thing this week. I nearly cry every time I see a pregnant woman (they seem to be following me!) and I have a couple of friends who are pregnant and know that I have to keep what I'm feeling inside. Very difficult. I do seem to be PMSing and all I want is salt! I weighed in with a 1 pound gain today. Could be muscle though. My legs feel hard as rocks!! I probably would have done a lot better this week if I wasn't constantly hurting myself accidentally. Hopefully next week will be better!
In Christ,
Pamela
Old 12-07-2001, 07:57 AM   #154  

hello, aphil, glad to hear you are back on track, sounds like you are busy, busy, busy. congrats on the loss, pretty soon, you will be out of the 200's and good for you for excercising!!!

sorry, you are feeling a little down, i havent been in a great mood either, last sat, i had a 4 lb gain and this week i am pmsing. i cant get back into the swing of things. trying again today.
Old 12-07-2001, 09:25 AM   #155  

Pamela,
Why do you feel that you have to keep what you are feeling inside? That is the worst way to deal with things, and it is asking for overeating episodes.
I suggest you talk to someone-a friend, someone from church, a counselor. Like they always say-it's not what you're eating, it's what's eating you.
I guarantee your pregnant friends would be glad to break the ice and talk with you. It probably makes them feel even more uncomfortable that you are not talking about your feelings.
For all of us, I suggest we write down our feelings each day in a journal-as well as what we are eating/calories/points. You will start to see a connection between food and our mood.
PMS can no longer be used as an excuse here girls...I am scheduled to start here in a couple days, and I am doing well. I have been crabby, but not bingeing. The key is substitution. If that salt craving is kicking in-have a few fat free pretzels, if chocolate is the weakness-suck on a Hershey Kiss and not an entire candy bar.
We need to stop making excuses for our habits. My biggie was no time to excercise due to the kids-I just have to get up earlier to do it. All overweight women have excuses why we are that way.
Our husbands,kids,bosses,mothers-in-law,bills,losses,and periods do not put the food in our mouths for us.
I am here giving us all the swift kick we need right now. This used to be the most supportive thread on the forum-I want it to be again. We are beautiful, intelligent, winners, and losers!!!! We need to think of ourselves this way and get on track.
Celebrate what you have right now. See your body for the wonderful things it does for you each day, not just for your cellulite or flabby thighs.
Give thanks for what you have, and always know when it is bad it could always be worse, much much worse.
Hang in there girls.
Aphil
Old 12-07-2001, 10:31 AM   #156  

hi guys,

im not doing well either, but we all can do this! i just wish i could make sense of this metabolism of mine! its so screwy. when i do what i supposed to, i either gain or not lose. when i go nuts eating all the junk food i can find i either dont lose, but dont gain, or gain almost nothing& sometimes even get a small loss. go figure! i am still mconvined though that my low body temp is connected to my inability to lose.

Aphil, wtg! youre doing great!!

pam- i know what you are feeling. i never went through that myself, but i watched my sister go through that pain for 15 yrs!! she couldnt get prego either, and now after 15 yrs of the pain youre feeling, shes 1 moonth away from giving birth to twins! so you see, youre not alone& if you give it time(and i mean time!) it may happen.
Old 12-07-2001, 11:33 AM   #157  

kd-I really want to help you. Would you mind giving me a sample of what you eat in a day so I can analyze it a bit? Also-what is your current height and weight? Are you in your 20's,30's,...
What medications are you on?
It is very important even though we are calorie counting that we watch what we eat-if we are eating 1500 calories each day, but it is all Twinkies or bread-we are not doing our bodies any favors. Your body temperature is not really that low-it could be low due to your lack of inactivity due to your cerebral palsy.
Sometimes if we abuse our bodies too much by cutting out way too much calories for too long, or are not eating enough protein or vitamins-our body says enough is enough and will hold onto weight to survive. Have you done any crash diets? Juice fasts, Very low calories, using all of your calories on breads and carbohydrates and not enough protein?
Let me know your situation a bit better.
I am sure Mrs. J would agree.
Aphil
Old 12-07-2001, 12:38 PM   #158  

thanks aphil. i post my menus on the share food diary thread in the buddy forum.

im not on any meds, no crash dieting. my temp not to due 2 inactivity im not inactive and its not from cp it never was that low before and i got all the hypo sysymptoms.
Old 12-07-2001, 12:52 PM   #159  

Default Back and forth and back and...

Well, I am back and forth from trying Weight Watchers to couting calories to a full blown binges. I just wonder if one day I will win this mental game. I don't binge because I'm hungry. I don't really know why I do it. I started Monday on a good note. I was on points until about an hour ago and then for some unknown reason I binged. I went back over my journals for the week and I was eating between 1100-1200 calories a day. (Yes, I know if I ate more vegetables they are free, I could have more) The fact of the matter is no matter how many calories I allow myself, I can handle it and then one day I just decide I'm going to eat 3 candy bars and some pizza and whatever else. Am I crazy? Does anyone suppose I need professional help? I work out often, I try to incorporate as many fruits and vegetables into my diet as possible, but I can not/will not follow any program. What gives?
Any advice for a really, really tired soul?
Old 12-07-2001, 01:33 PM   #160  

livein, i am going through the exact thing right now, i mean exactly what you are going through. i am really trying to do ww points, but i keep spending it on all the wrong foods, and have now been binging. i have got to get some control!!!!!!!!

i really cant figure out exactly why i am doing it , and that is the worst part.

aphil, is right!! thanks for the reality check. i will try harder, but i am afraid i had another bad eating day today, so i am doing it tomorrow.

my weigh in day is always on sat. anyway.

i hated paying money for going to ww meanings but i was really losing weight when i went. then my girlfriend couldnt go anymore and she was my ride. i dont drive, and wish i could go again. but for now i just have to count these points and eat more protiens and fruits. it is scary feeling this out of control and uncomfortable.

lets start supporting each other, and get back on track, starting tomorrow, are ya with me?????????????????
Old 12-07-2001, 03:31 PM   #161  

I'm feeling better. I reweighed (with all my clothes off) and it was 161. You're right I shouldn't be using PMS as an excuse. I'm trying to eat half portions of what I'm craving and I threw out some candy this morning. I did my video this morning too.
KD : thank you for your notes! I had a miscarriage last month (I have a 15 month old) but we've been trying since February. When I do talk about it, I get 'well you can always have another one' or 'you were only a few weeks along' etc. I know people mean well but it's still hard. Plus Dec 9 is my grandpa's birthday and he just passed away in March. I have a lot of grief right now and I just need to process it. Thank you all for your support.
In Christ,
Pamela
Old 12-07-2001, 03:53 PM   #162  

youre welcome

livein, i sent you a PM.
Old 12-07-2001, 04:21 PM   #163  

HI,

I STARTED A THREAD IN THIS FORUM 4 US TO RECORD RESULTS . ITS CALLED WEIGH IN 4 CALORIE COUNTERS. PLEASE GO THERE AND RECORD RESULTS. THANX
Old 12-07-2001, 10:34 PM   #164  

Livein-your calorie level is on the way low end-that is why after a couple days on plan your body is demanding food. You will do better on about 1400-your binges will be farther between.
kd-I also had all the thyroid symptoms a few months ago, including hair loss-I was tested and it was negative-come to find out I was so stressed it was affecting my peripheral vision, because even the muscles in my eyes were tight! You will have to forgive me-I am a person who rarely takes a Tylenol-I control my blood sugar through diet-my stress through writing and yoga-I have a mild form of OCD and will not take Prozac/Paxil. (Do not picture Jack Nicholson by the way I do not have those symptoms!) My mother in law is the biggest hypochondriac in the world and takes a pill for everything-everything she reads about she thinks she has-I just like for people to be diagnosed with a problem before they consider it one. You may have it in your mind that something medical is causing your plateau, and it could just be your metabolism is a bit slow naturally. I urge you to see a doctor, and go from there. If something is wrong, you need to treat it, if not, you need to figure out why the slow loss.
Tupo-I hope you think about what I said earlier and talk with your pregnant friends about your feelings. I was once in their position-My bosses wife was pregnant, I became pregnant a couple months later, and then she lost her baby. We had been friends, and she just stopped talking to me. After a couple months, I came to work to find another girl at my desk-no notice, nothing...She just couldn't handle seeing me and made her husband replace me. So I lost a friendship and a job. Know what else? My stepmother goes to church with her, and fills me in on her-and she had twin girls last year-two years after her miscarriage she was blessed double.
Aphil
Old 12-08-2001, 08:47 AM   #165  

hello, just checking in and ready to start getting healthy , and stop the excuses. i have to go to angelinas school today, from 11 to 100 , i am volunteering to help out with lunch with santa, so i am eating a late breakfast and waiting to eat lunch till i get home.

hope everyone is having a good day.
Closed Thread