General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 07-02-2016, 02:47 PM   #106  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Friday's dining hours were roughly 10:30 to 4. oatmeal w/raisins, salad w/ 1egg, homemade laramar "bars" (more like trail mix--and it was entirely too sweet, even though there was no added sugar! ).

IH...not stressed...just an observation. I'm watching choh and lipids.

...need to focus on veggies in the next week...
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 05:59 PM   #107  
lovemylife001

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7

Good Evening Everyone

I hope that everyone is having a great weekend so far Have a great 4th of July weekend!. I'll be back on Tuesday.

Seemyfeet I've never tried the Laramar bars? What flavor did you try?

Have a great weekend everyone
lovemylife001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 06:13 PM   #108  

Didn't buy them LML; didn't even know "Larabar" was a product name, ha! (I try to stay outta those aisles!) I made them using a recipe something like this.

Mine didn't turn out very well this time. Good quality dates or raisins is necessary for that "sticky factor" needed to assume the bar shape. (I was in a hurry and foolishly purchased dates that were too dried-up.) Also, I didn't process fine enough. (You can add chocolate chips or butterscotch for the non-dieters in the family.)
Old 07-03-2016, 02:00 PM   #109  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesikaBeth View Post
Hello everyone

I'm what I'd consider a 'snacker' during the day. I have a small 'snack' (usually a smoothie) for breakfast, and a snack for lunch, and my meal is dinner. Am I appropriate for this thread?

Have a great day all!
Hi JesikaBeth! So sorry I'm just now responding, but I got back late yesterday evening from out of town.

Intermittent Fasting (IF) is a method whereby one incorporates some type of fasting regimen into their way of eating. There are really several different ways this can be done, but some of the more popular methods include:

Fasting 2 to 3 days a week (generally these people eat a very small amount of calories 2/3 times a week, typically 500 or less; others don't eat anything for a day or two each week)

Shortening one's daily eating window, such as eating in a 6 to 8 hour window, thereby fasting 16-18 hours each day

Eating one meal a day, as I do, thereby fasting for 22-23 hours each day

I would suggest you google the term Intermittent Fasting and you will be able to read lots about each different plan (there are others besides what I outlined above)

This will also give you some idea behind the reasons IF is beneficial.

What you have described above regarding your own eating pattern could not really be considered intermittent fasting, as you are eating throughout the day. That is, of course, unless you eat all your meals very close together, which I'm going to assume not.

The only time you are "fasting" is when you are sleeping, which is what everyone does.

If you wanted to move into an intermittent fasting pattern, you could simply move your smoothie to a later time in the day, eliminate the snack, and then eat dinner, keeping all your food intake in a smaller window - say 11 am to 7 pm. (or whichever hours work best for you). That would have you fasting 16 hours daily.

Feel free to stick around and read the posts and ask questions. Everyone is welcome here!
SouthernMaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 02:14 PM   #110  

Hello everyone! I am back from my trip (got back last evening) and have been reading everyone's posts.

SeeMyFeet, I notice that you weigh yourself every day. Is that because you must do so for health reasons? I know some people have to weigh daily to monitor fluid, possibly because of a specific health condition or medications they are taking, so that's why I ask.

If not, perhaps it's just something you've always done.

I find the scale an absolute instrument of torture and have pretty much sworn it off. Most of the time the only time I get on a scale is in a doctor's office. I do weigh occasionally, but I mostly monitor my progress by how I look and how I clothes fit. The scale is not always an accurate indicator of your progress, and we all know how it can go up and down daily.

You are doing great on your eating window!

ImpalaHoarder , so glad to hear things are going well for you! Keep it up!

Hellow lovemylife and FinallyFree; I know both of you won't see this until later, but wanted to acknowledge that I'd read your posts.

How are things going for you, Liliann? Haven't heard from you in awhile.
Old 07-03-2016, 02:25 PM   #111  

Well I surprised myself on my trip - it's a six hour drive and I did not eat a thing on the way down or on the way back. In all the years I've done this drive that has never happened before!

Left on Wednesday and didn't eat until 7:30 pm my time (6:30 pm local time). I had decided not to attempt to stick with HFLC, as I knew I'd be eating in various places where that might not be practical, yet I was able to keep my carb intake to a minimum even without much effort.

The only day I ate more than once was Friday, as I had lunch with my aunt at 2:00 pm and then a snack around 7:00 pm.

Even at the visitation, where a buffet was served, I chose almost all low carb options, as they were available. Sliced ham, boiled shrimp, deviled eggs, you name it...and once again, didn't eat until around 7:00 p.m. On Wednesday night I ate with my brother and cousin at a local restaurant and I had low country boil, so the only carbs were a small ear of corn and a small red potato. The bulk of the meal was boiled shrimp with a butter dip and a nice piece of sausage. It was SO GOOD!

Last night, after my husband met me at the rental car office (I rented a car because my car needs new tires), he wanted to go to our local seafood restaurant. That was the only night I ate way more carbs than I usually do, as I had a half shrimp po' boy and a side of red beans and rice. Pretty heavy on carbs, but again, it was all I'd eaten all day and all I did eat. Right now it's about 2:30 p.m. and I will not eat until around 6 or 7 p.m.
Old 07-03-2016, 02:33 PM   #112  

Saturday's dining hours roughly noon to 4:30. Oatmeal w/ raisins, Brussels sprouts, Laramars, milk....starting to feel the habits forming...

Sunday's dining hours roughly noon to 6:30. Oatmeal w/raisins, watermelon, bite of Laramars, salad w/ eggs, glass of milk. Not a good day energy-wise...need to vary my diet...

Monday...and it's been One Week since I started on this program. No change today. 2.2lb down from last week. Honestly, I hoped for more...lots more.

Last edited by SeeMyFeet; 07-04-2016 at 12:42 PM.
Old 07-04-2016, 10:58 AM   #113  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMyFeet View Post
Saturday's dining hours roughly noon to 4:30. Oatmeal w/ raisins, Brussels sprouts, Laramars, milk....starting to feel the habits forming...

Sunday's dining hours roughly noon to 6:30. Oatmeal w/raisins, watermelon, bite of Laramars, salad w/ eggs. Not a good day energy-wise...need to vary my diet...
You are doing very well with your window, SeeMyFeet.

Have a Happy 4th of July, everyone!
Old 07-05-2016, 12:36 AM   #114  

Thanks, SM. Sorry to hear about the funeral...it's a wonder you could eat anything.

Monday's window was roughly noon to 6. Cereal w/ 2% milk , watermelon, Laramars, ~8 tortellini, pulled pork, corn . and milk...not the best choices for today, though portions were quite small, and I spose it's time I had more variety.

Tuesday morning and up 3.2lb. Chin up with nose to the grindstone.

Last edited by SeeMyFeet; 07-05-2016 at 08:13 AM.
Old 07-05-2016, 08:37 AM   #115  

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernMaven View Post
Hi JesikaBeth! So sorry I'm just now responding, but I got back late yesterday evening from out of town.

Intermittent Fasting (IF) is a method whereby one incorporates some type of fasting regimen into their way of eating. There are really several different ways this can be done, but some of the more popular methods include:

Fasting 2 to 3 days a week (generally these people eat a very small amount of calories 2/3 times a week, typically 500 or less; others don't eat anything for a day or two each week)

Shortening one's daily eating window, such as eating in a 6 to 8 hour window, thereby fasting 16-18 hours each day

Eating one meal a day, as I do, thereby fasting for 22-23 hours each day

I would suggest you google the term Intermittent Fasting and you will be able to read lots about each different plan (there are others besides what I outlined above)

This will also give you some idea behind the reasons IF is beneficial.

What you have described above regarding your own eating pattern could not really be considered intermittent fasting, as you are eating throughout the day. That is, of course, unless you eat all your meals very close together, which I'm going to assume not.

The only time you are "fasting" is when you are sleeping, which is what everyone does.

If you wanted to move into an intermittent fasting pattern, you could simply move your smoothie to a later time in the day, eliminate the snack, and then eat dinner, keeping all your food intake in a smaller window - say 11 am to 7 pm. (or whichever hours work best for you). That would have you fasting 16 hours daily.

Feel free to stick around and read the posts and ask questions. Everyone is welcome here!
Thank you! I will look this up
JesikaBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 09:42 AM   #116  
lovemylife001

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7

Good Tuesday Morning Everyone

I hope the everyone had a great 4th of July. Mines was great. I stuck to my eating window and low carb. How did everyone else do? I have my son's birthday on Thursday and mines on Saturday I'm going to try to behave myself and not over indulge. For sure that I will only be eating one meal per day on those days.

I'll be back later. I need to grab my morning
lovemylife001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 02:46 PM   #117  

I decided on the 5:2 method of intermittent fasting. Any other 5:2'ers out there?
Old 07-06-2016, 11:02 AM   #118  

Tuesday's dining hours were ~9:30 to 7...not as narrow as I'd hoped, due to bad planning. oatmeal w/raisins, salad, 2 small veggie sandwiches (homemade, with store-bought Italian bread), watermelon. (shouldn't have had the bread )

2 lb of bloat came off, so hopeful that I can achieve some weight loss this week.

Wednesday's dining hours (not so great): 9:30-7:30. eggs, salad, blueberries, cherries, the last of the Laramars (thank goodness) and a cauliflower/tomato veggie dish with quinoa&hemp seeds....yummy delish...something like this (without the wine & olives)....something tells me I'm not going to like the scale tomorrow.

Last edited by SeeMyFeet; 07-06-2016 at 10:28 PM.
Old 07-07-2016, 10:31 AM   #119  

Hello everyone

Just wanted to pop in and say have a great day!!!

I was going to start IF 5:2 this week, but let's just say that didn't work out too well...

So I'm starting on Monday! Hoping this will rev up my weight loss. It seems as though the more weight I lose, the harder it is to lose weight!
Old 07-09-2016, 07:48 AM   #120  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMyFeet View Post
something tells me I'm not going to like the scale tomorrow.
SeeMyFeet, have you considered not weighing yourself every day? I hope you don't mind me saying so, but you seem to be a bit hung up on the number on the scale.

We all know that so many things other than what we eat can change that number (for good or bad), especially for women, so I don't consider it an accurate gauge of weight loss.

May I suggest only weighing once a week? I don't get on the scale much at all (generally only the doctor's office) because I have discovered that it really isn't an accurate measure of success. Perhaps you could instead measure yourself, or even pick out one outfit that you slip into once a week (or even less) and see if there is a change in how it fits.

You can do everything RIGHT and still see a jump in the scale number - and conversely, you can do everything WRONG and lose weight on the scale.