General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 07-30-2016, 05:01 PM   #166  
300+ Chick

Beddy... wowee!! You are melting aweigh!! Keep it up!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 03:40 AM   #167  
Brandi

S/C/G: 432 / 369 / 177

Height: 5 ' 7

Thank you ! Yall are doing great! I am very shocked of how well my body is responding to this. I feel lighter each day, and have had really good luck sticking to my fast during the day. I did bump down my eating window time to 7-11pm today, but I don't think it will slow my progress.

I know it's bad, but I've been weighing myself every 2 days. I can't help it! It is liberating. I was SO happy to finally be out of the 400's and it's all thanks to you guys!

Oh.. and I know I said I would never give up iced coffee with my sugar free vanilla creamer, but I ran out of it the other day, and have been drinking it plain & hot every since!
beddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 07:22 AM   #168  
300+ Chick

Last night ate dinner, take out Chinese food and started fasting , I might have lunch , that will be my one meal for Sunday. Am going to try one meal for a few days and see how it goes....so far,so good...drinking black iced coffee!!

Sunday greetings to all!!! : wave:
Old 07-31-2016, 07:51 AM   #169  
300+ Chick

Am learning phase, I had my morning meal,so now will be fasting till next morning. Must keep myself busy. I know I need to lose weight, this method gotta work!! My month challenge!!!
Old 07-31-2016, 09:25 PM   #170  

So I bought a cheap glucose monitor from walmart just to keep an eye on things.

My glucose spikes to 150 45 minutes after a sugary meal.
My 2 hour post meal blood glucose is 94.
my morning fasting blood glucose has been 94-100. Apparently this early morning spike could be due to cortisol and affected by poor sleep (it has a name dawn effect).

My weekend was a birthday celebration of sorts....I passed the food festival test but failed the saying no to sugary breakfast test.

I have to do something to keep my busy and from dwelling on my lack of weight loss! Next weekend is my 3 day fast, I need to dial down the size of my evening meals in preparation so chicken and veggies for me.

Cindy
cindy_975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 09:47 PM   #171  
Brandi

Consistency on my 4 hour eating window before bed is paying off still!

388.4 lbs.! That's 15 lbs. down, and today is my 11th day! [/COLOR] Had to have my daughter double check the scale for me! This is so exciting for me! I can't wait until I can ride a roller coaster with her!

I have been doing this everyday, and some people say I should take a cheat day, but honestly, I don't want to! I feel like I am cheating every night when I go to sleep with a full belly of whatever I wanted to eat!

Other news, I haven't told my sister and mom what I'm doing yet, I kind of feel like intermittent fasting is looked down upon as not healthy. I still get all my nutrients, and I take a multivitamin, but still, I know there will be stigma. I'm going on a vacation with them from August 6th-9th, so I guess they will know anyway. Haha.

Cindy, what eating plan are you on right now?

Lillian, I have found keeping your mind busy is a must! You can do this!
Old 07-31-2016, 09:57 PM   #172  

I'm not on a specific eating plan, although eating only once a day means I am eating more real food to try and get nutrients.

Pork, chicken, tomatoes, eggs, guacamole, salad, hummus, peppers, a shot of kefir for probiotics, fruit and nuts for desert. Small amount of bread.

This weekend was shot, but otherwise my diet has been pretty clean.
My next step is to move to slightly smaller portions
Old 08-01-2016, 02:45 AM   #173  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

I'm really happy for those of you having success with this. It's a beautiful thing to see people finding a method that helps them.

Well done, ladies! You rock.

Last edited by Chunkahlunkah; 08-01-2016 at 02:46 AM.
Chunkahlunkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 10:14 AM   #174  

My headaches have been pretty consistent, starting around 2PM and not ending until I eat dinner

Everything I've read has implicated lack of water and/or minerals.
All of the rehydration tablets/powders have some sort of non sugar sweeteners.
the calories are minimal.

So I am testing to see if my bood sugar spikes after drinking a stevia/truvia based one. Then I will test a splenda/sucralose based one.

My 3 day fast starts after dinner thursday
Old 08-03-2016, 07:30 PM   #175  
Brandi

I have been having headaches as of late as well. I have noticed my lips are dry too, so I will definitely be drinking more water.

Will do another weigh in tomorrow
Old 08-04-2016, 10:21 AM   #176  

Yesterday was the first day I did Not have a bad headache.
I used an electrolyte mix.
I have quite a collections of Nuuns and propel zero mixes.
they have artificial sweeteners

There seems to be mixed opinion on if they raise blood glucose levels. So I am buying a squirt in with none, some flavorless tabs with none, and the new Nuun tabs with Stevia.

The walmart relion glucose meter is terrible (must be the cheap strips). I work in a lab and made up test solutions. Relion read them at 50% to 70% over their values. We have a nice monitor with expensive strips at work and they tested true to the solutions. I always tested myself with both meters and relion was under the other one by 10 to 20 points.

Tonite is my last meal before fasting! Afghan food
Old 08-04-2016, 03:50 PM   #177  
Brandi

Today I'm sad.. 391 pounds and I don't know why exactly. I've been eating less during my eating windows, maybe that's why? I have no idea. I'm going to eat until I'm really full tonight like I was doing and see if this was causing it.

I still feel so much lighter and not bloated any more, just don't understand why I have gained 3 pounds when I've been sticking to 20:4 for 15 days now
Old 08-04-2016, 06:07 PM   #178  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

Beddy - Keep the faith! You're doing great! Many things could've caused the small bump up. In time, it will all even out. Some of that weight lost may have been water weight and it has evened out, or right now you're retaining water for the body's own mysterious reasons. You've still had an amazing net loss and if you continue on this path, it will keep adding up, month after month.

I should share my own IF ways instead of mostly just lurking here. I've always naturally been an IF'er, just didn't realize there was a name for it until a few years ago. My avg eating window naturally ends up being 6 to 8 hours on most days.

Generally the way I eat is either 2 meals a day with one snack, or 1 meal a day with 2 snacks. I feel my best when I eat like this and am my healthiest. My body has preferred this WOE since my teens and maybe even earlier than that. Even though my body's preferred it, my mind hasn't always. There have been a few times when I've fallen into different eating habits and put on weight.

I don't think I'd be good with just one meal a day though. I've tried to do it a couple times but felt too weak.

I have IBS so limiting the amount of times I eat is helpful for that too, doesn't overload my digestive system with too much work.

Last edited by Chunkahlunkah; 08-04-2016 at 06:59 PM.
Chunkahlunkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 09:59 PM   #179  

Beddy...

As women I think we underestimate the effect hormones play in things.
Just relax and don't focus on the scale so much.
I have been avoiding it like the plague since I know I will be fluctuating and want to minimize the related stress when I don't loose anything

Cindy
Old 08-06-2016, 10:08 AM   #180  

So after not eating for 30 hours, I am in ketosis!
those darn have me in moderate ketosis.

Let's see how long I can fast,goal is to Sunday night (3 days).
Electrolyte drinks with stevia don't raise my blood sugar so I am drinking those (ordered unsweetened ones but they aren't here yet) interspersed with tea to stave off headaches

Cindy