General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 08-09-2016, 05:18 PM   #181  

Well I'm finally back! Hello to anyone who has joined in since I last posted.

Cindy, did you make it to Sunday night? I still have plans to do this as well, so I'm very curious as to how it went for you.

This weekend I had some pretty distressing family issues (not immediate, but extended family) and whenever I get REALLY upset about something - which is rare - I simply can't eat. On Saturday I ate half of a small salad and about 3 forkfuls of lasagna. Sunday was even more stressful, because I didn't close my eyes Saturday night and felt absolutely horrible on Sunday, so I ate a cup of ice cream. That is it. And that was just to calm my stomach pain so that I could finally go to sleep (which I did, thank goodness).

Things are better now, but in my whole life (I turned 65 last Thursday) I've only had that happen to me a handful of times. And ironically, it's the same family who causes it every time. As the saying goes, you can pick your friends, but you can't pick your relatives. (sigh)
SouthernMaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 10:49 PM   #182  

made it to sunday just fine.
was tempted to go longer but didn't want to fast while at work.
thinking next time I will start wednesday night.

Lots of water and tea. went for a hike saturday and was more winded than normal,but that was it.

compliments on my skin on monday at work. I have had acne (not bad as an adult, but still some) my entire life so that was unexpected.

I ordered some electrolytes I can add to water since the stevia based Nuun was not great tasting.
cindy_975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 09:25 AM   #183  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindy_975 View Post
made it to sunday just fine.
was tempted to go longer but didn't want to fast while at work.
thinking next time I will start wednesday night.

Lots of water and tea. went for a hike saturday and was more winded than normal,but that was it.

compliments on my skin on monday at work. I have had acne (not bad as an adult, but still some) my entire life so that was unexpected.

I ordered some electrolytes I can add to water since the stevia based Nuun was not great tasting.
Good job! I know you feel a sense of accomplishment, as well you should. And think of the health benefits you obtained from the 72 hour fast.
Old 08-12-2016, 11:51 AM   #184  

I am struggling this week. Stomach cramps because I start my period soon. It's been a while for me as I've stopped taking the pill (been on for years) and I've forgotten how bad they can be... Cravings that come with it too

Had breakfast yesterday, staying up watching the olympics has meant some sleep deprivation as well. Here's is hoping next week is better!
Old 08-13-2016, 05:54 PM   #185  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindy_975 View Post
I am struggling this week. Stomach cramps because I start my period soon. It's been a while for me as I've stopped taking the pill (been on for years) and I've forgotten how bad they can be... Cravings that come with it too

Had breakfast yesterday, staying up watching the olympics has meant some sleep deprivation as well. Here's is hoping next week is better!
So sorry you're feeling bad, Cindy. Hope you feel better soon.

It's been quite a while since I had to deal with that, but I can tell you I had some of the worst cramps EVER! Was glad when I was finally free of that.

On another note, I had a meeting this morning and then I decided to go to the local Barnes & Noble and pick up a copy of The Obesity Code. I had intended to purchase it before my trip to Las Vegas but never managed to make it over there. I wouldn't have read it anyway - too much free entertainment available on the flight!

I've read the first few chapters and it is very interesting so far. Hope to finish it up this weekend.
Old 08-14-2016, 06:24 PM   #186  

I started calorie counting two week s ago and kept to my limit. What I found was I didn't want an evening meal. I am probably doing 14/10 rather than 16/8 at the moment but think I will make the effort to get to 16/8.

My first week I lost 6 lbs , I probably have 60 more to go. I think if nothing else limiting my eating opportunities helps and if there are additional benefits I'll take em as a bonus

Good luck to all.
Rams75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 12:54 AM   #187  

weekend was a wash..

Saturday was boat outing with hamburgers and snacks. Dinner was a grilled cheese sandwich. Today was a huge omelet and biscuits and gravy (I helped a co-worker out with her swimming and she took me to brunch).

I swear I am loosing it. Yesterday I swore I heard a mouse in my kitchen (I have them in my walls thanks to a neighbor) and today I thought I saw a critter run across my floor from my open door outside.

Anyway, tomorrow I start Insanity Max 30

Dinners this week :
Sweet Potato and beef (with sour cream) with tomatoes
Pork Belly goodness
Steak with tomatoes and fruit (defrosting enough for 2 days)
Indian frozen dinner
Old 08-15-2016, 03:35 AM   #188  

Weighed in today.

Lost 2.5 lbs this week

So so .
Rams75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 06:47 PM   #189  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

Hi Cindy, in case this helps you I wanted to let you know what my dr told me about 10 years ago about reducing cramps. About 10% of women have excruciating cramps bc their bodies produce too much prostaglandin (the pain hormone). It causes intense contractions and pain. If this is what's causing someone's painful cramps, then they must take ibuprofen before their cramps begin. That reduces the amount of prostaglandins their body produces. It won't help if they wait until the pain has started. It's too late at that point.

My dr advised I take 1 or 2 ibuprofen every day (with food) starting 7-10 days before my period was due. This helped a lot. Some months would still be the same please-euthanize-me agony, but for most months the pain did go noticeably down (still debilitating for a few hours though).

I'm sharing this in case it helps you or another woman reading who is dealing with the same thing.

Last edited by Chunkahlunkah; 08-15-2016 at 06:52 PM.
Chunkahlunkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 11:45 PM   #190  

Thanks for the tip

I was just really surprised since I have been on the pill for over a decade and had no cramps. And I still haven't had my period; I've read it cam take a few months after stopping the pill. I really just want to normalize my hormones. And I try and avoid pain killers as much as possible; I had a few years of HUGE use (TMJ + stress)that totally warped my digestive system and it took 10 years to slowly fix.

Day 1 of insanity max30....totally wiped out. I did the original one about 8 years ago and remember it being really high impact. Today my calves are totally tight Hopefully there is more variation between workouts that the original one. On to Day 2!
Old 08-16-2016, 12:47 AM   #191  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

Cindy - I think it's great to live as naturally as possible. Kudos to you for that! At the time I started following his regime, I even had a couple of ulcers from abusing ibuprofen for years! It was the less painful choice to keep taking it though. He taught me how to abuse it in a less damaging way.

What form of IF do you do on most days and where do you place your exercise into your day?

Insanity is tough! I've never done it, but I came close to ordering it a couple years ago when I was in better shape. Instead I opted to stop exercising entirely and put on 40 pounds over the next two years. I wouldn't choose that fork in the road again. Now I choose the fork that tells me to put down the fork when I've had enough.
Chunkahlunkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 11:43 AM   #192  

I eat dinner only at least 5 days a week and at most 2 meals a day on a bad day (on a weekend where I end up being taken out to eat). I haven't eaten breakfast since I was a kid. I usually don't get hungry/interested in food until 4PM or so which is totally a routine thing.

I workout before work, so fasted. I have never eaten before working out so for me it's normal.

As far as weight loss, I have avoided the scale. My clothes are definitely looser since I started this 5 weeks ago, but it is not a large or really noticeable difference.
Old 08-16-2016, 12:01 PM   #193  

I haven't finished it yet, but The Obesity Code is an absolutely fascinating read!

It turns all of what we have believed to be true about the causes of obesity on its head! I love the fact that he only uses human studies to back up his points.

Parts of it can be a bit dry, but interesting nonetheless. I strongly recommend it, regardless of what approach you are using to currently lose weight.

He emphasizes over and over again that diets don't work in the long term and why, and backs it up with research.
Old 08-16-2016, 01:27 PM   #194  

Day 2 of insanity max 30 was easier than day 1 (I guess). I REALLY needed good stretch for my legs after. I really am getting older

I don't know how I will do all 2 months of it as it is high impact (not as bad as the first one, and there is a modifier person-but modifiers really blunt the cardio impact). Shaun T is less gung ho in this one than the original, more supportive and motivating which is nice. I really like him as far as video trainers go.

Read the obesity code during my fasting weekend It was one of my pile of books I saved for that time.
Old 08-16-2016, 03:48 PM   #195  
Started 4th of July

S/C/G: 180/168/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi Fellow Fasters,
Well I've had company and that's all it takes to get me off course. But Saturday we put him on the plane back home and I've decided to get back to fasting now before toooo much more damage is done. I weigh in at 174 right now and that is a good 4 pounds up. I was actually going higher fast, but got a bit of a grip on it a couple of days ago.

So back to attempting the 18/6 window. That is my big goal, just to do that daily and go from there once I can do that on a regular basis.

Nice reading all your posts. Maven I have listened the Dr. Fung on youtube and he is fascinating. I may get the book.

Last edited by FinallyFree; 08-16-2016 at 03:50 PM.
FinallyFree is offline   Reply With Quote