General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 02:10 PM   #106  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

banananutmuffin (seriously evil name by the way ) - I guess its just one of those things to play around with. I have not found my hunger increased on the day after a low calorie day - for me late night eating or high carb days affect my hunger the next day more than overall calories. I had about 4-5 days in a row back in january where I was stuffed at ~ 800-900 calories. And then things returned to normal and I went out to dinner and had a little fun.

- I would probably try not eating next time and just see how it goes the next day - maybe a 24 hr fast feels fine, maybe you decide to cut it short and move it to a different day. I think part of the fun of IF is learning what really is hungry and what is just "other".
For me "not being hungry" is such a rare occurrence I tend to not push it. I'm usually the girl who could put down 3000 calories of healthy food in any proportion of macronutrients in a given day just barely feel satisfied

Last edited by ennay; 04-02-2012 at 02:11 PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:38 PM   #107  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Thanks for the input!
Old 04-03-2012, 08:24 AM   #108  

Height: 5'0"

Thanks for the thoughts!

Yeah, I probably shouldn't have eaten when I wasn't hungry. Yesterday I fasted about 18 hours, and by the end I was HUNGRY. I definitely ate at that point... maybe a little too much. lol But that's what I love about IF... when I do eat, I don't feel guilty, because it's still a lot less than what I used to eat throughout a whole day!

Just a short fast planned today, about 12 hours. Basically skipping breakfast. I go out to lunch with my dad on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so I have to adjust for that.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:05 AM   #109  

Hi All.
I just found this thread and registered to post my experiences.

I've been on IF since the middle of january.
I initially started doing 22 hour fasts 3 times a week.
First few times was very difficult, but I got used to it and decided to do 5 days a week, I even did 7 days for 2 weeks!

The interesting thing however is that I dont seem to loose more weight with more fasting days, always pretty much the same.

Either way, I'm very happy with the overall results as I've lost 15kg to date and going.

Recently I've started doing some serious running and i'm doing up to 10km 3 times a week. I find that fasting 5 days a week is getting a little bit difficult.
firstly because I'm wolfing down at dinner, and sometimes feel depleted and hypoglycemic at around 2/3pm.

I'm due for a rethink of my "program" :-) however, I wanna keep things natural . so we'll see.

Feel free to ask me questions, I love to talk about this as I keep my IF choice away from my family and friends (so feels great to talk about it!!)
Old 04-03-2012, 09:08 AM   #110  

S/C/G: 246/201.2/150

Height: 5' 3"

Good morning all.

Today is my official weigh in day. I lost .9 lbs. this week. Not stunning, but a loss is a loss and I'll take it. Slow and steady wins the race right?

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 04-03-2012, 10:26 AM   #111  
Still Maintaining! :)

S/C/G: 260/146/146

Height: 5'6"

wvuchick Yes it does! Good going.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:34 AM   #112  
IF for Life

S/C/G: 198/183/147

Height: 5'8"

Canetoad said: I even did 7 days for 2 weeks!

Welcome! I congratulate you on your perseverance and success, but I don't believe that a 7 day fast would be considered Intermittent Fasting.

Most of us are trying to create a natural calorie deficit with eating windows or with simply fasting one or two days per week - trying to find a sustainable lifetime system and balance.

Having said that - to each their own, and welcome!
Old 04-03-2012, 10:47 AM   #113  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

I successfully finished my 24 fast yesterday. This morning I woke up with cravings, not hunger. -- I almost decided to have bfast but I listened to my body and it was telling me that I did not NEED it but just WANTED it. So I am sticking to my 19/5 plan. Once I got out of bed and moving about, I realized I indeed was not hungry.

More fasts I do, easier it seems to get.

I hope everyone is having a beautiful Tuesday!
Old 04-03-2012, 10:56 AM   #114  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Morning all! wvuchick, congratulations on your .9! That's great

I decided to fast today instead of tomorrow. Originally I chose Wednesday and Saturday for my 24 hour fasts, mainly because I wasn't sure if it would be easier on a work day or a weekend. I find work days are much easier for me, so I'm switching my schedule to Tuesday/Friday instead. Not that it matters this week, since I have Friday off.

Holding steady at 196 this morning. I'm secretly hoping for 195 tomorrow, but we'll see.

Have a great Tuesday, everyone!

Last edited by thistoo; 04-03-2012 at 10:57 AM.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:28 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 160/160/140

Height: 5'1"

Thank you Sum38 and congrats on your 24 hr fast. I was hoping to do one as well but hubby brought me food at work and ended at 22 instead, still not bad i guess. I totally agree that the more you do IF the easier it is..I am soo suprised about that because before, I felt I had to eat all the time and felt soo out of control.

KTucke7, I dont ever think that my calories for the day ever get below 1000,,im not counting but I am eating pretty good. and for Banananutmuffin as well, I guess maybe that's why IF is working well for me also.

Hi canetoad, welcome!! It is so nice to be able to have a place to share that your doing IF and your experiences with supportive people like the ones here. I have told maybe 3 people (female fam members)but I know that they have done a form of IF in the past and I thought it was unhealthy then, but now I know better.

Way to go on your loss wvuchick, it all adds up at the end.

thistoo, I hope you reach 195 soon.

Have a great day to everybody!!!!
Old 04-03-2012, 04:27 PM   #116  
Still Maintaining! :)

S/C/G: 260/146/146

Height: 5'6"

esmi It doesn't happen to me much either. There have been a couple of times I have been really busy though, and realized I was low. Maybe a couple of times a year
Old 04-03-2012, 07:34 PM   #117  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italiannie View Post
Canetoad said: I even did 7 days for 2 weeks!

Welcome! I congratulate you on your perseverance and success, but I don't believe that a 7 day fast would be considered Intermittent Fasting.

Most of us are trying to create a natural calorie deficit with eating windows or with simply fasting one or two days per week - trying to find a sustainable lifetime system and balance.

Having said that - to each their own, and welcome!
Hi italiannie.
I did the 7 day fast for 2 weeks, but I realized it wasn't for me, however, I don't think its not natural. Think about it, animals/earlier humans ate when they could, not when society told them to.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:31 PM   #118  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by canetoad View Post
Hi italiannie.
I did the 7 day fast for 2 weeks, but I realized it wasn't for me, however, I don't think its not natural. Think about it, animals/earlier humans ate when they could, not when society told them to.
Sure .. famines are normal. Not something desireable though...
Old 04-04-2012, 07:28 AM   #119  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Hi everyone! This is such a great group and I'm so happy I discovered it recently. Do you find that people think you're crazy or becoming anorexic for doing IF? I am now becoming more and more committed to doing 15-16 hours with an 8 or 9 hour eating window daily. My husband is uncomfortable with this for me and thinks I'm taking things too far. I've explained that I'm happier this way and that this could just be a honeymoon for me (I have had this before when I tried low carb in the past) but I sure hope not because it seems to be easier every day. Anyway, I just wondered if any of you have had others question you and how you handle it. Thanks.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:43 AM   #120  
IF for Life

S/C/G: 198/183/147

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckymommy View Post
Hi everyone! This is such a great group and I'm so happy I discovered it recently. Do you find that people think you're crazy or becoming anorexic for doing IF? I am now becoming more and more committed to doing 15-16 hours with an 8 or 9 hour eating window daily. My husband is uncomfortable with this for me and thinks I'm taking things too far. I've explained that I'm happier this way and that this could just be a honeymoon for me (I have had this before when I tried low carb in the past) but I sure hope not because it seems to be easier every day. Anyway, I just wondered if any of you have had others question you and how you handle it. Thanks.
I think you'll find that IF is completely misunderstood and that most of us don't tell people what we're doing. We just go about life as usual, and because we don't have food restrictions, and because IF is so flexible, we don't have much explaining to do.

It's so funny that a society that is getting larger and larger, despite all of the expert advice on eating, thinks that giving up a meal or two is radical and unhealthy, but that's the world we live in.

Glad you found us.
Closed Thread