General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 10:25 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 246/201.2/150

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistoo View Post
You're right, that isn't fair! I am afraid of foot tattoos because they take so much wear and tear.

Attached is a picture of the one I had done today, and the crane that I had done on my left shoulder a couple summers ago now. I feel compelled to apologize to the artist for getting these boring little tattoos. Someday I'm going to do something bigger and colorful! Just as soon as I come up with the money.

Attachment 41946 Attachment 41947
I love them, especially the eiffel tower. I think I am going to get a phoenix next. I found a design that I really love. The phoenix has so many meanings, all of which I like.

I don't think I did too bad at the buffet bar, but still ended up with a gain, I think it will come off quickly though. I probably just confused my body, lol.

Happy Friday everyone!
Old 04-06-2012, 10:49 AM   #152  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

lucky - for me it passed. And I dont know that 1200 is anything to be concerned about but if it does continue for you and you dont want to stay that low you could try an occasional refeed which is one high day instead of trying to up the other days.

I go out to eat about once a week so a high day just happens naturally that way. Instead of trying to find the healthiest thing on the menu I just get what I want (which is still usually REASONABLY healthy but not the token skinny meal)

wvuchick - yeah, probably nothing permanent. Sodium water. Or just slow digestion.

Last edited by ennay; 04-06-2012 at 10:50 AM.
Old 04-06-2012, 03:15 PM   #153  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

ennay, thank you! I will definitely try that!
Old 04-06-2012, 04:25 PM   #154  

Thanks ennay and thistoo for the workout tip. I only have morning workouts on the weekends. Maybe I'm just not really used to it- could be why. Some times have been good and others not at all. I am trying spinning tomorrow in a fasted state. I will have my usual "emergency raisins" just incase I can't hack it. They have helped me before.

I slept really late today, 10:45 and didn't eat till about 2pm. Stopped by about 8pm. Still feels like I ate a little much though. The scale was down almost 1lb since last week though.

Have a great weekend everyone. ´Happy Easter.

Last edited by kelleyb; 04-07-2012 at 02:40 AM.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:23 AM   #155  
IF for Life

S/C/G: 198/183/147

Height: 5'8"

I haven't felt well the last couple of days, which lead me to reverting to some bad habits. Doing a 24 hour fast until tomorrow after church. I'm already looking forward to feeling "light" again. Got to get my head around it.
Have a great IF day everyone.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:43 AM   #156  

S/C/G: 246/201.2/150

Height: 5' 3"

Had to share this...So I'm sitting at a tire shop waiting for my tires to be balanced. Watching the news and this so called expert is on promoting her book. One of her first points was to always eat breakfast to kickstart your metabolism. I yelled what a crock of $#!t before I realized it. Lol she also said that if you eat nuts your body burns more fat than they contain! What an idiot!
Old 04-07-2012, 08:43 AM   #157  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Hey all, I am having a little trouble typing on this computer while my tattoo is still sore, so I took yesterday off from...well, pretty much everything, really. It was nice to give myself a whole day just to be lazy! Today I better get back in gear, though, because I have lots to get done this weekend and I haven't done much of it yet.

Italiannie, I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. I hope your fast helps you get back on track. I feel like I've been a little off the rails this week myself, so I'm fasting along with you today.

wvuchick, thanks! I love the idea of the phoenix as well. And good for you for conquering the buffet!

Kelley, good luck at spin class. That's a high energy workout for sure! I do emergency raisins as well, sometimes emergency raisins & walnuts.

Today I'm back down to 195.6 on the scale, and I'm fasting until dinner, so I'm hopeful that tomorrow will follow my usual pattern and I'll see a new low.

I hope you're all having a great weekend.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:45 AM   #158  
Caroline

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvuchick View Post
she also said that if you eat nuts your body burns more fat than they contain!
Wow, I should be 100 pounds soaking wet by that logic.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:09 AM   #159  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistoo View Post
Wow, I should be 100 pounds soaking wet by that logic.
No kidding. By that logic Peanut butter on celery (the other "negative calorie" food) would make us all anorexic.
Old 04-07-2012, 01:43 PM   #160  
A child of God :)

S/C/G: 325/Ticker/199 (for now)

Hey ya'll hope everyone is having a lovely weekend

Italiannie, hope you feel better soon. I know when I'm not feeling 'right' I tend to make less than stellar food choices too -- but you'll spring back in no time

wvuchick, oh I know ((((rolls eyes)))). I am so over "experts" telling me anything. Just do what feels right for your body and what works to make you feel the healthiest and strongest. Telling people that doesn't sell books though, does it LOL

<TMI> I started my period yesterday which explains ever so much about this week lol I did very well actually with eating except for last Sunday when I went a bit off track ... but I've been so emotional and crazy this week. I wasn't expecting my period until next week. Ah well. I did weigh myself today though for giggles (I rarely weigh on my period) and I was happily down another pound! I won't change my ticker until next Sat though to see where I actually stand.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter, or if you don't observe, a wonderful rest of weekend
Old 04-08-2012, 04:22 AM   #161  

Well the spin class w/out bkfast (it was at 11am) didn't work out at all. I have tried strength training several times and those didn't go well either. I just don't think I can work out besides walking w/out bkfast. About 40 minutes into the class, I ate my emergency raisin stash, then after I took an energy bar and banana. However, the process had started so I ended up a little later cleaning out the pipes from both ends and it was not pretty. I can be sensitive that way- was tired and felt strange most of the day. So not worth it. I give up since I have tried this before and it has almost never worked for me. I guess in the caveman days, I would have been left behind to be tiger food...

Both my husband and son say that they have had great workouts on an empty stomach. During the weeks, I have evening workouts, so I can still keep this program and be fine. I am doing something huge in a week- that is going from working full-time day to part-time night. That will be interesting with IF and how to fit it in. With working nights, I work a lot less (for the same pay) so I am home a lot more which actually makes fasting a little easier for me than being at work. I know most people are different that way. We'll see how it goes.

I am off to body pump now (starts at 11:30 am) WITH breakfast before.

Sorry you got off your game a little Italiannie- you'll be fine. It is really hard to keep a good diet when you don't feel well.

Have a Happy Easter everyone!

Last edited by kelleyb; 04-08-2012 at 04:27 AM.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:29 AM   #162  

I have heard that before about the nuts... hard to believe...
Old 04-08-2012, 10:52 AM   #163  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvuchick View Post
Had to share this...So I'm sitting at a tire shop waiting for my tires to be balanced. Watching the news and this so called expert is on promoting her book. One of her first points was to always eat breakfast to kickstart your metabolism. I yelled what a crock of $#!t before I realized it. Lol she also said that if you eat nuts your body burns more fat than they contain! What an idiot!
HAHA! It's amazing the myths that continue to pervade modern dieting culture. Just crazy.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:54 AM   #164  

Happy Easter everyone!

Today was one of my pre-set goal days, which I've exceeded thanks to IFing. I originally hoped to be at 104 today, and when I weighed this morning I was at 103. Whoop!

Am fasting through until afternoon dinner with Hubby's family, then will start refeed. I've been really super diligent leading up to today, so I think I will refeed for two days: today from dinner on, and then again tomorrow. Will begin another fast (probably just 14-16 hours) on Tuesday.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:30 PM   #165  

S/C/G: 202/190.4/130

Height: 5'3''

Hi!

So glad I found this thread!! I'm planning to combine Couch 2 5K training with the IF. See you all around!!
Closed Thread