General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 06:16 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120

Height: 5'3''

Hello! How are you all doing?

Italiannie, congratulation with you one pound lost.
wvuchick, thank you and congratulations with you successful fast.

I am so happy to be here with all of you.

Completed my 30+ hours fast today. It was not so hard. I did 7 pm to 7 pm fast but I was not hungry and decided to wait till breakfast. And finally I am 138 lb. I wont change my tracker yet. Will wait till Friday and check again.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:04 PM   #47  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSophia View Post
Completed my 30+ hours fast today. It was not so hard. I did 7 pm to 7 pm fast but I was not hungry and decided to wait till breakfast. And finally I am 138 lb. I wont change my tracker yet. Will wait till Friday and check again.
What time did you eat breakfast???

7 to 7 is 24 hours. 6 AM breakfast would be 35 hours....

Also - not to burst your bubble - but weighing yourself after such a long fast is almost always going to result in a loss on the scale because your glycogen stores will be fairly depleted. I realize you said you're going to check again Friday - just trying help you understand what a reason for the scale change may have been.

Last edited by JohnP; 03-27-2012 at 09:05 PM.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:44 AM   #48  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Hi everyone,

I've been back from vacation since Saturday, but I've been focused on catching up at work and haven't had much time to check in at 3FC. Today's my first fast day since I've been back. I didn't really fast while I was on vacation, but I kept my calories pretty low the whole time I was gone.

I'm frustrated because I still haven't gotten below 200 (this morning my weight as 200.0. Thanks, universe!) but I think cashews have been stalling my weight loss. I never, ever keep them at home because I can't control myself with them, but I ate them while I was at my parents' house, and I have some in my drawer at work which I will be passing on to my sister.

I'm back on strict Whole 30 with two fast days and NO MORE CASHEWS. Hopefully things will start to move again here soon. Time will tell! I hope all of you are doing well.

Last edited by thistoo; 03-28-2012 at 09:21 AM.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:14 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 246/201.2/150

Height: 5' 3"

35 x 35 - Keep fighting your hard work will pay off!

banananutmuffin - Congrats on the 2 lbs.

thistoo - you are so close. If you are like me you will have a loss when you least expect it!

Hope everyone has a great day today!
Old 03-28-2012, 09:23 AM   #50  
Caroline

Thanks, wvuchick. I am hoping tomorrow after fasting that I'll get to see that elusive '1' on the scale. Then I believe I'll stay OFF the scale until next week, because I will surely bounce back up, but I don't really want to *see* it.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:42 PM   #51  
Still Maintaining! :)

S/C/G: 260/146/146

Height: 5'6"

Wow, lots of good success here!

thistoo, that sounds like a good plan. Anyone else notice now diet and weight control seems to be a mind game we play with ourselves? That's the way it is with me it seems, and as long as I'm winning so be it!
Old 03-28-2012, 02:34 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 160/160/140

Height: 5'1"

Thank you wvuchick, its so nice to need a smaller size in clothes .

35x35 I was so happy that my hubby complimented me in that way.

congrats on the 2lb loss banananutmuffin!

PrincessSophia, good job on the 30+ hr fast and 138lb thats so wonderful!! my next mini goal is to 139 (o to be under 140s).

Thistoo welcome back from vacation and good luck on getting back on track.

KTucke7, I agree, definately a mind game.

So yesterday I ate from 4-7pm and was done for the day and satisfied..but then the in laws, who live next door like in Everybody Loves Raymond (lol), decide to get us food at 830pm cause they were hungry, so out of respect and so they wouldnt get hurt, I ate a bit..was not hungry at all and felt gross after...o well, todays a new day
Old 03-29-2012, 06:55 AM   #53  
Caroline

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTucke7 View Post
Anyone else notice now diet and weight control seems to be a mind game we play with ourselves?
It's a HUGE mind game for sure. I know the 200 hump for me was more psychological than anything physical. I mean, I'm at 198.4 this morning and I'm super psyched (and staying off the scale until next week, I swear) but it didn't make me magically drop a size or anything.

Weight loss is weird. Still, I did it! Thanks for listening to me whine, guys. I feel SO much better to have gotten past that mark.

Next fast day for me is Saturday. I have to work, so that will be a good distraction from thinking about it. Though it's become kind of a relief not to have to think about food for a whole day, so I can't say I spent any time thinking about food yesterday.

Have a great day, everyone.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:20 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 246/201.2/150

Height: 5' 3"

awesome job this too! I'm so excited for you.

Today is my fast day. I'm looking forward to it.

I agree about weight loss being weird. I mean I know that I should have at least lost a tenth of a lb in the last two days. I've been at a deficit of at least 500 calories a day. But my weight has stayed exactly the same. But I bet tomorrow I will see a lb. loss after one day. Now I know I'm not going to be at a 3500 calorie deficit today. Just really makes no sense. If we could just figure our bodies out...

Hope everyone has a great Thursday! Tomorrow's Friday!!
Old 03-29-2012, 09:47 AM   #55  
Caroline

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvuchick View Post
If we could just figure our bodies out...
...we would be millionaires

Thank you! You're right behind me. You'll get there too before you know it. Good luck with your fast today! I find myself looking forward to them as well the more I make them part of my routine.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:25 AM   #56  
Still Maintaining! :)

S/C/G: 260/146/146

Height: 5'6"

thistoo Great job! What a milestone that is. It's like getting over a "hump" and gives you new motivation.

wvuchick You are right, it is really weird. Some weeks you don't do so well and lose anyway, others your diet is perfect and the scales don't budge.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:16 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 158/158/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi all, I'm new here. I've been reading about ESE and Fast-5 alot and think this my definitely work for me. I've decided to go with Fast-5 to start out. I have about 25lbs to lose. Today is my first day. I made it until 1:40. Will try for 2:00 tomorrow. My goal is to get my window from 3-8. I'm excited to try this. I hope it works for me!!! I plan on eating what I normally would for now and make adjustments as I go (one step at a time).

Glad to have found a blog for this!! Have a great day .

Last edited by TNBabyRN; 03-29-2012 at 03:21 PM.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:30 PM   #58  
Wife and Mother :)

S/C/G: bf 30%/16.5%/15%

Height: 5f 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNBabyRN View Post
Hi all, I'm new here. I've been reading about ESE and Fast-5 alot and think this my definitely work for me. I've decided to go with Fast-5 to start out. I have about 25lbs to lose. Today is my first day. I made it until 1:40. Will try for 2:00 tomorrow. My goal is to get my window from 3-8. I'm excited to try this. I hope it works for me!!! I plan on eating what I normally would for now and make adjustments as I go (one step at a time).

Glad to have found a blog for this!! Have a great day .
Welcome! I've just completed a 24 hour fast and am not hungry. I am going to sleep through the night now, so this is prob the longest fast I have done 'on purpose' and not because I am sick.

It really does work and as long as you 'eat normally' and not over-compensate for your fasted time of non eating by eating more than you would normally eat, and keep to moderate eating you will see great results!
Old 03-29-2012, 06:23 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Sorry I've been MIA but I found myself on binges that I haven't experienced in ages. I thought about not doing IF, but my FBS is doing so good that the FBS #s kept doing IF. I've had a few slips but ate pretty healthy when I did. I decided to look for more info and even went to Amazon to look for books etc. and it led me to the website for Fast 5 diet where I was able to download and print out the book for free. I sure am glad I got that information. It helped me to see that all my experiences are normal and just part of the process of transition to the plan. So far today I've done my 5 hr eating window and shooting for the 19 hr fast. I have had some problems taking the Metformin because of muscle spasms. I had been off them for a while as per doctor's instructions with the idea that if I still had problems I could come off of it completely if I needed to. I have been off it for a couple of days and with IF, my fasting blood sugar has been really great. I expect it to improve even more in time. Checked my bp and it is good too. However, I haven't stopped my bp or my trygliceride medicine. I'm hoping that by the time I go for my bloodwork again in a few months that might be able to go as well. I am thoroughly convinced that this not only works, but the health benefits are marvelous.
gamesmaster1 - Congrats on the 24 hr fast. I hope to be able do that someday, but right now just doing the Fast 5 is quite an accomplishment for me.

TNBabyRN and any other Newcomers I've missed. Glad you're here.

Although I don't always post, I do take time to read. So glad so many of you are doing really great. Y'all are inspirations to me.

Have a great evening Everybody.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:01 PM   #60  
Caroline

Trish, you're doing great. Every day we don't give up is a success in my book. Hang in there.
Closed Thread