General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 09:41 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Had a busy week last week and wasn't able to check in but did some reading. Eating was questionable and didn't always make the my eating windows as short as I wanted. If I can make it to 1 pm tomorrow without eating, I'll have made a 20 hr fast.

to those who have lost weight and those have made their goals of fasting/feeding windows. And to all you Newbies.

I'm not really good at keeping up with everyone, but I hope things are going to be better this week so will work at being more attentive here. I think it will help me stay on plan.

Hope everyone had a great Easter weekend.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:51 AM   #167  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Kelley, so sorry to hear about spin class. Clearly you should just listen to your body and not do intense exercise while fasting. We all react differently, obviously.

happyrunner, welcome!

banananutmuffin, congratulations on surpassing your goal!

Trish, no worries about not doing personals. We all just do what we can and it seems to work out okay.

I'm having trouble breaking the 195 barrier. I've been extra-hungry this week, so I think my calories have been too high. Tomorrow's a fast day, so we'll see what happens. I'm going to try to control my calories today and maybe get below 195.

Last edited by thistoo; 04-09-2012 at 06:51 AM.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:51 AM   #168  
IF for Life

S/C/G: 198/183/147

Height: 5'8"

Hi Everyone!

Banananut - Congratulations!!! Well done.
Kellyb - It's all about seeing what works for you. You will find a consistent path.
happyrunner- Welcome!

Stayed pretty much within my window yesterday, but salty, fatty holiday food adds up, even within a window. Doing a 24 hour fast today. I did one on Fri-Sat as well. I like using the 24 hour fasts as "bookends" to holidays.
Then back to my Fast-5 plan tomorrow.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 04-09-2012, 08:07 AM   #169  

S/C/G: 202/190.4/130

Height: 5'3''

So my last meal was last night. I plan of doing a 48hr fast, next meal tomorrow night. Let me drink my water now
Old 04-09-2012, 09:40 AM   #170  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Thistoo - Thanks for the encouraging words.

I will end up with a 16 hr fast instead of the 20 hr, but that is okay. I'm going to shoot for the 5 hr eating window today and make it a very low carb day to get rid of the cravings. I can do the the 8/16 very easily, but need to do a few days of Fast - 5.

Y'all have a great Monday.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:01 AM   #171  

S/C/G: 246/201.2/150

Height: 5' 3"

Good morning IFer's! Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Today's a fast day for me. Kind of glad. Need to reset after the holiday weekend. Hoping to get even closer to Onederland after today!

It's so close yet, so far way....

Welcome healthyrunner. I am hoping to start c25k again soon. Tried back in August, but part of my heal bone is missing and it really hurt to run on it. I am hoping now with a lot more less weight to carry, I can start again. My goal is to do the warrior dash next year with my nephew and be able to keep up with him. (Little booger has like 8% body fat and he's not even 13 yet) I was showing him a video this weekend, and he just looked at me and said can you do that kind of stuff. I said no that's why we won't be doing it till next year, lol. Plus he won't be old enough until then.

Have a great day!
Old 04-09-2012, 11:49 AM   #172  

S/C/G: 160/160/140

Height: 5'1"

Hello everyone, happy Monday and hope you guys had a great Easter..I know I did and I ate
I weighed today and I am the same as last week so no gain. Even tho I wanted to be in the 130s already I cant be upset if im not there just yet.

I hope everyone has a great day!! Welcome happyrunner
Old 04-09-2012, 01:19 PM   #173  

Hope everyone's doing well today!

I broke my fast yesterday with some not-so-healthy Easter foods (Hello chocolate covered animal crackers!), but am fasting through breakfast and lunch today. Hubby is bringing home pizza for dinner. Not exactly the healthiest way to eat (especially since I try to avoid grains entirely), but I am going to indulge in a slice or two and then get back on plan.

I hate rewarding my efforts with food, but at the same time, I know I have to allow a little leeway or I will never be able to maintain this lifestyle.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:38 PM   #174  

S/C/G: 246/201.2/150

Height: 5' 3"

I agree banananutmuffin. You definitely don't want to deprive yourself of the things you want all the time. Of course its best to make good healthy food choices. But if that isn't something that comes natural to you, then you are setting yourself up for failure.

I've been trying to slowly find healthy things I like to eat. But I'm picky, so that is not always easy.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:17 PM   #175  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvuchick View Post
I've been trying to slowly find healthy things I like to eat. But I'm picky, so that is not always easy.
Yep, I'm picky, too, so I know what you're saying. Also, I just enjoy FOOD, especially all the food that tastes so good but is soooo unhealthy. I know a lot of people stick with an 80/20 rule: eat right 80% of the time and allow yourself 20% to indulge. That's never really worked for me, mostly because that 20% slides into 30% and then 40% and then 100%. So for me, my rule is 95/5. I give myself 5% of the time to have a special treat, and then otherwise stay as close to plan as possible.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:57 PM   #176  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyrunner View Post
So my last meal was last night. I plan of doing a 48hr fast, next meal tomorrow night. Let me drink my water now
I don't want to discourage you from intermittent fasting but I see you're just starting your weight loss plan and personally don't reccomend people start intermittent fasting until they have their diet otherwise dialed in. If you already have good dietary habits IF is a great addition. If you don't - it can be difficult for a number of reasons.

Second - you're starting with a 48 hour fast. Why? If is supposed to make you life easier and you're starting with something than even experienced fasters would find challenging.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:26 PM   #177  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I realized one of my pattern changes that is making my old window of 2-7 pm difficult. For awhile I was running at 11 am. Just as I was getting the urge to eat, I would go run. Eat 1-2 hours after I finished running.

Now I am running at 9 am, which means 1-2 hours later.....I think it was just a habit. We'll see if I can fight through it a little bit. Running at 11 works better for the eating part but really screws up my day and I blew off the run for life too often. Plus I have a new Running p at 9 am.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:42 PM   #178  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

Ooh, a new thread!

I'm back on track with ESE and just finished up a 24 hr. fast. I feel pretty good! It's been about a month and a half since I last fasted and I wish I had never stopped in the first place.

Hope everyone has a good week!
Old 04-09-2012, 03:45 PM   #179  

Easter is long here in Sweden, holiday days Fri, Sat, Sun and Mon! So tomorrow is like Monday. Plenty of good eating. I froze several good desserts I made just to get them out of the way (leftovers).

Trish- I can't keep up with personels either- this is such a big group. I do love reading everyone's experiences though. Different things that people write can really be helpful.

Banananutmuffin- maybe you can add a green sallad or some fruit to go with the pizza? Or not, if you don't want to... I know it feels much better to keep it "clean".

Thistoo- thank you. I just need to learn. Some things are not worth repeating. Better to have a good work out with bkfast than a horrible one without. Life is short.

Italiannie- I know, the salt and sugar add up! FAST.

I haven't decided how I will eat tomorrow. I think I want to fast till about 3-4pm and then do body pump at 5:30 pm, then dinner. We'll see.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:50 PM   #180  

ennay- I know what you mean. Sometimes there is a perfect time for working out- eating wise but then maybe that doesn't work as well with LIFE. Good luck finding the right time.

Welcome back Sapphiregirl! Good start with your fast!

Wuvchick- fingers are crossed for wonderland soon!

esmi123- We have about the same weight- I think I'm about 141 right now and 135 lbs is my goal at the moment. So close... and yet so far!
Closed Thread