General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 11-06-2011, 03:52 PM   #31  
Jenn :)

S/C/G: 248/ticker!/148?

Height: 5'11"

My scale has been saying 195 consistently for the past few days.. I can't have gained 4 pounds since I last weighed in (because it isn't TOM yet and I've been drinking my water religiously!!) so I've decided my scale is broken!

... considering it cost me a whopping 12.99 from Walmart and requires you stomping on it to turn it on, this isn't a huge surprise I made a thread in the General Chatter forum, but what kind of scale do you ladies use: digital or analog?

ALSO, another rant.. I went to go to the gym this morning a half hour after it opened (what student wants to get up at 10 on a Sunday to go to the gym!?) to get some cardio in, since I've been doing mostly strength training for the past couple of times. Normally the gym is dead on Sundays, but I walk in today and ALL the machines were being used! Every elliptical, every treadmill, every stationary bike! I went for a bit of a run, but it was super cold out and my lungs were hurting quite a bit, so I only got about 2K in.

Fail exercise day
pinksparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 03:57 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 223/181/160

Height: 5'7

Im here ladies!!!! I know Ive been MIA!

Its been a week Im all PMS'ing and craving EVERYTHING! Im bloated so this past week has been horrible. Going to the gym has been horrible. i think I only went 4 times. thats very unusual for me but tomorrow is a NEW week. I gotta stay positive

BUT I WILL GET PAST THIS WEEK!

All you new ladies! Im glad you have joined and honestly I dont know what I would do with out everyone here.

Now down to the good stuff my goals

December 1--173
January 1--163

Jillnicole- I feel were setting the same goals! ha

On tuesday I went and bout 2 pairs of jeans. One size 10 and one size 8. Im kicking myself now because the 10s are falling off me. I should have realized im retaining water

Ha anyone want a pair of American Eagle size 10 jeans hahahha. This clothes buying is so fustrating, and I think when I look at myself in the mirror I still look big, Ive lost 40lbs....but I need to realize all my clothes are big on me and they make me look bigger...and I guess if I drop these 20 lbs these 8s arent going to fit either. Although I havent lost anything this week I have measured and my hips are down to a 36 and waist is at a 30. so That makes me happy.When I first started this journey I believe my hips were at a 44 and waist was a 40? maybe I have it written down... Well there is my rant for today (and my goals). Monday is a NEW day!
LaurenMarie720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:38 PM   #33  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Jill - We all slip up, that's for sure...and had it been my birthday, I would have totally guilted you into doing shots with me too! LOL! Speaking of which, my birthday is Tuesday, LOL!!!

to the new names on here... sounds like we have some great goals to all accomplish between now and Christmas We totally got this!

Lauren - Good to see you! I would so take the American Eagle jeans - they are so comfy - wish you lived closer to me My best friend lives in SC and she loves it... if I was going to visit I would swing up to your area and pick em on up, As for me, I know the feeling... Got a pair of jeans...was so proud cause they were on clearance and cute...got them home... LOOSE! :O I think it's our frame of mind... takes time to relearn not to look for bigger clothes now. My mom has it too. When her and I went shopping, she kept migrating to the plus sizes and we are both out of them now... told her to stop, and she looked all a panic, like I was going to make her shove into stuff - not the case at all...but it's learned behavior. She is doing better now, but I think I am still a size off on my own judgement,

I got a great walk in this morning. It was around 65 degrees out, air was nice and crisp It felt great! My muscles are ALL cussing at me for my gym strength training yesterday, but the walk and stretching after felt awesome! Then did some more walking with DH doing errands, and then some serious cleaning (yes, I logged those calories too cause normally I don't have to do the cleaning). Having coffee and catching up here now
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:42 AM   #34  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

I am running late but I want in again! lol

WI this morning is right where I was before the Halloween challenge! Oy. 206. I want to lose 16lbs. goal of 190... I can do it and I WILL do it!

Off to run! catch up with you chickies later!
rdw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:55 AM   #35  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Fuct... 10 lbs by Dec 1st or Jan 1st? you've done really well the last few months, so I'm sure you can do it

RunningFromFat... Great job on the inches lost!! Your loss sounds great! The slower it comes off the easier it's to keep off, as they say I'm hypothyroid so mine comes super fast sometimes like a punch in the face. I use to be careful about losing slowly but if I can gain 30 in a month I'd love to try & lose it in the same timeframe LOL*

Pinksparkles... My scale is digital from Walmart but cost maybe $30. Only tells regular weights, and .5 lbs though not .1 .2 those type of losses. ...... As for the gym, how irritating!! *

LaurenMarie... Lol yay on the same goals, that happens Shen you're around the same weight lol. I've been craving sweets a lot lately... Grr. I think it's because one day my friend bought me Starbucks & low calorie or not I get addicted to Starbucks! Grr it's just to yummy.*
Have you washed the size 10's yet? I would try to return/exchange them.*

ItsMyTurn... Lol! & I'm def the person who never wants to let down someone on their bday! Lol next time I'm going to ask if I can do a regular shot while they take the sugary one lol ..... Happy almost birthday .......

RDW... yay! Glad to see you you can do it, that's 2 lbs a week go girl!
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:11 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 6"

I plan on eating anything I want for Thanksgiving, and Christmas - but in moderation.. Still, I hope to lose 15lbs by 1-1-2012... Just goin' say no to x-mas cookies, fudge, and the sugar loaded goodies this year..!
Lisa532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:34 PM   #37  
Being Me-Inside and Out

S/C/G: 259/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Runningfromfat: 1 inch is great even if the scale didn't move. I will always take inches too

PinkSparkles: A failed exercise day can fuel a better one the next. You still got in 2K. That is awesome. Give yourself some credit where it's due.

JillNicole: You still stayed in a decent range overall in calories and no matter what, you kick butt in loss

Lauren: Good for you! See if you can take back the jeans if you have the receipt.

rdw1: welcome back!

Lisa: I like how you're picking your battles with the holidays. You already lost so much, so you must be doing a ton right. I can def learn from you.

ItsMyTurn: An hour early:

As for me, this past weekend was my daughter's party. All 20 of the kids had a great time I did have a few bites of cake...

Today, I ate great and did Shred. The guy made a fat comment that pissed me off, but I figure 2 people complimented me yesterday so whatever. His football team bit the dust today so its karma

Have a great one everyone!
sheramama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:50 PM   #38  
Progress not perfection

Sheramama... Lmao love your karma snap... I'm soooo like that lol
Old 11-08-2011, 07:54 AM   #39  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Thanks everyone on the inch, I'll happily take it. I'm off to the pool now and the scale has been doing all sorts of crazy things lately but I've been on plan, so what can you do? My week or losing should be coming up before too long so hopefully then I'll have some good news to report back here.

I'm also lucky because we live abroad so Thanksgiving is just what I make for the family. However, I sure miss having my extended family nearby for it.

ItsMyTurn: Happy Birthday!

Lauren- I wish you would've asked a couple of months ago. Right now I'm somewhere between an 8-10 (no clue in American Eagle jeans), otherwise I'd happily say yes.

pinksparkles - I have a digital scale. Nothing fancy but I make sure to keep it on the same tile in the bathroom everyday and stand on the same spot. Still doesn't help with water retention... ugh!
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:50 AM   #40  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

Morning Girls!

IMT-

I am going to the grocery store and plan plan planning today!!! Last night we ended up in a mexican restaurant becuase I hadn't planned anything and got home late-which ended in my going to bed pretty soon after I ate, and I don't care for that much either! I did FINALLY run again yesterday(and almost died!) lol. It had been about 2 weeks since a serious run and one week since the zombie 5k, that was more like a chase people around sprinting occasionally...

We decided to do a turkey trot this Thanksgiving, so I won't feel too guilty about indulging a bit! lol. I am going to run again today-trying to run a 5k this afternoon. I need to get ready!

Well, off to plan my meals! Check back in with yall later

Last edited by rdw1; 11-08-2011 at 09:58 AM.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:59 AM   #41  
Progress not perfection

Happy birthday ItsMyTurn!!!

Old 11-08-2011, 12:18 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 211/see ticker/145

ITSMYTURN!!!

Jill: First off I checked out your Halloween pictures...You look great! =)

I totally fell off the boat for the Halloween challenge but im back on it for the Santa Challenge! =)

We had our engagement party and it went well! I moved back home mid September and boyyy has it been hard! I dont know what it is about moving back home....Im pretty sure its my mom. I love her to death but she has always been so hyper-critical about everything. I dont know if its because my parents are Indian and thats just how they are....but its so discouraging. There really isnt any positive reinforcement. Which causes my mom and i to get into huge arguements...and i of course...eat my feelings away. And with the wedding coming up ( June 2, 2012 ) i really cant afford to fall off track. I am super excited about getting married but with such little time, and almost 50lbs to lose and i need to get it together!

Well sorry for the rant! Cant wait to get to know all of you and be on this journey together!
kneed2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 04:44 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/125

Height: 5'4

Jill ~ by Jan 1st, and thank you ^.^

Last edited by fuct; 11-08-2011 at 11:22 PM.
fuct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:50 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 223/181/160

IMT :balloo ns:

I have washed my jeans...merrrrr its ok. Im wearing the 8s I got. UGH Im dying to get outta the 180s and into the 170s it seems like its taking forever. Even though I know my measurements are going down. blah TOM is killing me this past week. Im just ready for this bloat to be over with.

BUT I did go to the gym today and do my hour of cardio so thats a plus.
LaurenMarie720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:01 PM   #45  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

Lauren- How tall are you? in the 180s I am still in 14s! and I am about 5'8! and a "well rounded" porportionate girl!lol

Kneed-I totally fell off that boat too! Let say we get with it and knock it out this month!!!

I did run today and went 3.5mi in 48 min... that is with a 5min warm up and cool down... food, well, everything was OP but I have got to learn to control my portions better!!! and stop and just go to bed already!!!!! ugh~!

Anyone use MYFITNESSPAL???? if so find me ;0) rikkibri is my username just make sure to mention when adding me this forum

Last edited by rdw1; 11-08-2011 at 11:02 PM.