General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 12:01 PM   #166  
3 Babies = +50lbs

S/C/G: 178/166/125

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracefindsgoodness View Post
HAAAAA!!! MJ, you totally should. Then a few days later, be sure to add, "Guess what! I didn't gain an OUNCE from the cookies (and cookie dough) I ate." I bet that would light up the email list
I will...let me warm up to them first. LOL!!!
Old 05-12-2011, 12:01 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 191/191/110

Height: 5ft 2inches

MJ: i haven't even started receiving my e-mails yet! >:] And i didn't try honey yet but i'm going to! good idea.

Toni: (: thank you! and congrats as well! i haven't taken my measurements yet i took them a couple days before i started the diet, but i havent yet, i'll probably tomorrow after i weigh in at the doctors (: I don't see it either, i looked at myself in the mirror, and i was like hmm where did these 9lbs go because i do not see the loss! :[ but i mean hey the scale says i did so whatever! Hopefully clothes start fitting better. the one thing i do notice [my boyfriend noticed as well] that my body feels tighter.. like it was pulled in.

When did everyone start noticing clothes fitting better?
Old 05-12-2011, 12:07 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 166/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

I've already started noticing my clothes fitting better. I put on a pair of pants for work yesterday that I couldn't even get buttoned last week. They are still tight but I can wear them at least.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:10 PM   #169  

hmmm.. maybe its because i wear generally the same clothes all the time! i haven't put jeans on in over a year because of how much weight i have gained, but im going to give it a couple weeks before i put the on haha.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:20 PM   #170  
3 Babies = +50lbs

My pants don't fit...I have the biggest mushroom top ever and it's not like I can suck it in. It's FLAB from the pregnancies so I soooooooo hoping this diet will help somewhat. Technically today is my 2nd day since I just re started so I'll keep you posted as soon as I start to fit somewhat decent into my clothes.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:24 PM   #171  
3 Babies = +50lbs

Quote:
Don't know about the walden farms dressing.

I do have a few ideas for veggie days... I'd love for others to weigh in too!

Today, I shredded up some zucchini, squeezed out the moisture with a towel, crushed a few cloves of garlic, added tons of seasonings (salt, pepper, old bay, whatever sounded good) and then "sauteed" it in Pam. I sort of scooted it around the pan until it browned. It was tasty. I'm allergic to onions, but you could add those too. There is a recipe on the website for veggie cakes, or something like that. It has zucchini, onion, carrot and something else. That could be good too. The other day I did the butternut squash fries. I cut them small and let them get really toasty and crunchy. Also used seasoned salt. They were nice also.

I took fresh green beans, crushed up garlic cloves, a small splash of lemon juice (I forget if that's legal), salt/pepper, a tiny bit of water and PAM on the pan. I let them "steam" and then let them get nice and brown. I also liberally sprayed them with the Braggs spray. Love that stuff. Those were tasty too.
I like roasting veggies with pam, salt and pepper. I've done cauliflower and carrots and fennel.

That said, I need some more variety . I should also try adding some fruit.

Anyone else have ideas?
Have you ladies tried the Mashed Quash that they sell in the frozen section. It's pretty good. You have to get the one that has only SQUASH no other ingridiets. I sprinkle some garlic salt and I'm good to go. I also like Yellow Plantains as my 1 fruit. I put it in the micro for 5 minutes and I sprinkle salt. I'll have that at 12 and it fills me up for a little while.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:03 PM   #172  

Quote:
Originally Posted by megsy View Post
Thanks Grace, I'm still feeling lightheaded. Tried the candies it helped for a little bit and i even considered cheating because of how bad i felt so i decided to weigh myself on my boyfriends mom's scale [this scale is evil, haha it always tells people they weigh a different amount then they usually do!] but it said i lost 9lbs! Which made me so much better and then i made the boyfriend breakfast and had another cup of tea, and i feel slightly better. So i'm just drinking a lot of water at this point. Only 50 minutes!
Hope the lightheaded-ness has gone away now.

9lbs!!!!!! Awesome!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!
Old 05-12-2011, 01:05 PM   #173  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaJanet View Post
Meeeeeee toooo, but I only got 2 responses...lol!!!!

HA! You two crack me up! If there's anything interesting, let those of us "walking in the light" know (wink).
Old 05-12-2011, 01:06 PM   #174  

Quote:
Have you ladies tried the Mashed Quash that they sell in the frozen section. It's pretty good. You have to get the one that has only SQUASH no other ingridiets. I sprinkle some garlic salt and I'm good to go. I also like Yellow Plantains as my 1 fruit. I put it in the micro for 5 minutes and I sprinkle salt. I'll have that at 12 and it fills me up for a little while.
GREAT idea, MJ. I'll definitely look for it and try it out. Plantains sound yummy!
Old 05-12-2011, 01:09 PM   #175  

Quote:
MJ: i haven't even started receiving my e-mails yet! >:] And i didn't try honey yet but i'm going to! good idea.

Toni: (: thank you! and congrats as well! i haven't taken my measurements yet i took them a couple days before i started the diet, but i havent yet, i'll probably tomorrow after i weigh in at the doctors (: I don't see it either, i looked at myself in the mirror, and i was like hmm where did these 9lbs go because i do not see the loss! :[ but i mean hey the scale says i did so whatever! Hopefully clothes start fitting better. the one thing i do notice [my boyfriend noticed as well] that my body feels tighter.. like it was pulled in.

When did everyone start noticing clothes fitting better?
I started noticing I could get into my older clothes after about 3/4 weeks. Granted, I don't really have any other clothes besides black yoga pants and maternity stuff. I just refused to buy any bigger ones that would have fit because a). we don't have the money and b). I didn't want to "get used" to the weight gain. My plan did backfire somewhat as I'm sure all the other preschool moms were totally embarrassed by my "uniform" of black yoga pants and t-shirts.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:10 PM   #176  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonimaroni2 View Post
I've already started noticing my clothes fitting better. I put on a pair of pants for work yesterday that I couldn't even get buttoned last week. They are still tight but I can wear them at least.
Yahoo!!! Go Toni!
Old 05-12-2011, 01:22 PM   #177  
3 Babies = +50lbs

Quote:
I started noticing I could get into my older clothes after about 3/4 weeks. Granted, I don't really have any other clothes besides black yoga pants and maternity stuff. I just refused to buy any bigger ones that would have fit because a). we don't have the money and b). I didn't want to "get used" to the weight gain. My plan did backfire somewhat as I'm sure all the other preschool moms were totally embarrassed by my "uniform" of black yoga pants and t-shirts.

Who cares about about those "FOOFOO Preschool Moms". Don't even worry about your uniform, where them with pride since you had the miracle of giving birth. Plus let's be realistic, (unless you are a "Freak of Nature" and went back to your pre pregger jeans I used) they also had the "maternity ensemble.

So you can laugh, while on maternity leave I wore the same "Winnie the Pooh" blue holey pants with my husband's tank top. I completed the look with a Victoria Secret Robe...I used that for 3 1/2 weeks. My husband used to come home and look at me and say "Dude, you're not even going to brush your hair?" I woke up with this look, took my 5yr old to the bus stop (until I convinced him to pick her up at my front door) and went to sleep in it....Now I have to come to the office so I only get to use it on the weekends. I leave my YOGA pants for special occasions such going to Whole Foods and the mall...lmaooo!!!

Don't worry, we'll stick together and loosed this weight. Then we can all meet up for some MARGARITAS!!!!
Old 05-12-2011, 01:33 PM   #178  

Grace: im the same way, yoga pants are the most amazing invention ever I own like 10 pairs of black and 6 other assortment of colored ones. I also wear my work uniform so yeah same things. Well thats good to hear I won't have to very long to notice smaller sizes fitting. After the first week how much did you notice you lost a week? Also! Thanks maybe I'll lose one more pound by tomorrow so I'll have a really good start to the diet! The scale really did
Motivate me not to cheat today, and once I had my shake I'm feeling 10x better.

Thanks everyone for the helpful tips!

That question is also for everyone! (: how much is everyone noticing they lose a week after the first week?
Old 05-12-2011, 02:46 PM   #179  

Quote:
Who cares about about those "FOOFOO Preschool Moms". Don't even worry about your uniform, where them with pride since you had the miracle of giving birth. Plus let's be realistic, (unless you are a "Freak of Nature" and went back to your pre pregger jeans I used) they also had the "maternity ensemble.

So you can laugh, while on maternity leave I wore the same "Winnie the Pooh" blue holey pants with my husband's tank top. I completed the look with a Victoria Secret Robe...I used that for 3 1/2 weeks. My husband used to come home and look at me and say "Dude, you're not even going to brush your hair?" I woke up with this look, took my 5yr old to the bus stop (until I convinced him to pick her up at my front door) and went to sleep in it....Now I have to come to the office so I only get to use it on the weekends. I leave my YOGA pants for special occasions such going to Whole Foods and the mall...lmaooo!!!

Don't worry, we'll stick together and loosed this weight. Then we can all meet up for some MARGARITAS!!!!
MJ, you make my day! Totally rocked the robe, t-shirt and pj pants for a month, too. When we had friends dropping meals by, my husband was SO embarrassed. I don't blame him, I bet I looked like a wreck! Oh well. Besides, yoga pants do seem to communicate.... "I just TOTALLY worked out at the gym." Even if I didn't.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:49 PM   #180  

Quote:
Grace: im the same way, yoga pants are the most amazing invention ever I own like 10 pairs of black and 6 other assortment of colored ones. I also wear my work uniform so yeah same things. Well thats good to hear I won't have to very long to notice smaller sizes fitting. After the first week how much did you notice you lost a week? Also! Thanks maybe I'll lose one more pound by tomorrow so I'll have a really good start to the diet! The scale really did
Motivate me not to cheat today, and once I had my shake I'm feeling 10x better.

Thanks everyone for the helpful tips!

That question is also for everyone! (: how much is everyone noticing they lose a week after the first week?
Work uniform, awesome!! Easy to put on and not think about what to wear in the morning.

You're doing great on the diet! Keep up the hard work!

I think I lost about 7-10lbs the first week. Can't exactly remember off the top of my head. In the beginning it was about a pound a day. Now, it's a little more like half a pound a day.
Closed Thread