General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 08:34 PM   #151  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaJanet View Post
They are mean...and I can be a Queen B at times, but sheeeessshhhhh...

Some will say "you should lower your avocadoe intake, your not drinking enough water, you shouldn't have this or eat that, you should wear your bead, you should change you beads..." and that's when I want to e-mail "I just had 4 Oreos and I loved every minute of it!"
HAAAAA!!! MJ, you totally should. Then a few days later, be sure to add, "Guess what! I didn't gain an OUNCE from the cookies (and cookie dough) I ate." I bet that would light up the email list
Old 05-11-2011, 08:39 PM   #152  

Quote:
Originally Posted by megsy View Post
I want pasta with chicken so bad. But I haven't cheated since I started so I don't wanna ruin it! Plus I had a dream last night that I ate a slice of pizza and gained 100 lbs- realistic no.. Enough to make me afraid of food, yes!
HA! I'm playing the same mind game..... when my toddler comes up to me with chocolate/pasta/cheese/cracker-covered hands, usually I'd just lick it off, if I'm somewhere we don't have a wet-wipe handy. Now I grab her hands and shove them as far away from me as possible, right to the sink. No temptations! She gave me a kiss on the mouth once, and left maple syrup behind (don't worry, I do bathe her). I was so freaked out about ruining what hard-earned progress I made, that I washed my mouth out.

I know, I'm extreme and nuts. It was the Victoria's Secret magazine staring me in the face.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:42 PM   #153  

Quote:
Hahaha! I'm doing good today, I keep responding from my iPhone so it won't let me reply to who I want! But I just went for a 3 mile walk and my legs are pulsing! and now my boyfriend is eating Swedish meatballs with noodles and gravy and I'm eating jello.... god! I want real food haha.
OOOOOO, MJ! Walk on the dark side. Do it for the rest of us. Take one for the team!

Meatballs? Jello? Life is not fair. Think of the bikini.... think of the bikini .
Old 05-11-2011, 08:48 PM   #154  

Quote:
question for everyone, i know that we're allowed to have walden farms products do you guys think we can have the walden farms salad dressings?

Also does anyone have any interesting ideas for how to spice up veggie days!
Don't know about the walden farms dressing.

I do have a few ideas for veggie days... I'd love for others to weigh in too!

Today, I shredded up some zucchini, squeezed out the moisture with a towel, crushed a few cloves of garlic, added tons of seasonings (salt, pepper, old bay, whatever sounded good) and then "sauteed" it in Pam. I sort of scooted it around the pan until it browned. It was tasty. I'm allergic to onions, but you could add those too. There is a recipe on the website for veggie cakes, or something like that. It has zucchini, onion, carrot and something else. That could be good too. The other day I did the butternut squash fries. I cut them small and let them get really toasty and crunchy. Also used seasoned salt. They were nice also.

I took fresh green beans, crushed up garlic cloves, a small splash of lemon juice (I forget if that's legal), salt/pepper, a tiny bit of water and PAM on the pan. I let them "steam" and then let them get nice and brown. I also liberally sprayed them with the Braggs spray. Love that stuff. Those were tasty too.
I like roasting veggies with pam, salt and pepper. I've done cauliflower and carrots and fennel.

That said, I need some more variety . I should also try adding some fruit.

Anyone else have ideas?
Old 05-11-2011, 11:45 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 166/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracefindsgoodness View Post

I know, I'm extreme and nuts. It was the Victoria's Secret magazine staring me in the face.
HAHAHA this made me giggle so hard! That stupid Victoria's Secret magazine gets me everytime too! I should post pictures of all the swimsuit models in my fridge and snack cupboards....
Old 05-12-2011, 08:41 AM   #156  

Morning ladies!

8 hours until the END of law school. Otherwise known as, 8 hours until I contemplate having a margarita to celebrate. Anyone know if Walden Farms makes one? .
Old 05-12-2011, 09:23 AM   #157  

S/C/G: 191/191/110

Height: 5ft 2inches

I don't think so! But have one in celebration! (:

This morning has been the worst one yet I'm so nauseous and light headed I almost fainted. I drank tea, diet Ginger ale, and had some jello and it's not getting any better.. Does anyone have any advice how to get rid of this? Because I don't feel good at all and today is a milk day :/
Old 05-12-2011, 10:08 AM   #158  

Quote:

This morning has been the worst one yet I'm so nauseous and light headed I almost fainted. I drank tea, diet Ginger ale, and had some jello and it's not getting any better.. Does anyone have any advice how to get rid of this? Because I don't feel good at all and today is a milk day :/

The only thing that helps me is sucking on some sugar-free candy. I have 2-3 pieces. I felt the same way for the first few days... and it comes back somewhat regularly, but eventually goes away. Drink lots of water and maybe take some deep breaths, in thru your nose, out thru your mouth. Several times.

Hang in there!!! Only 2 hours!
Old 05-12-2011, 11:11 AM   #159  

Thanks Grace, I'm still feeling lightheaded. Tried the candies it helped for a little bit and i even considered cheating because of how bad i felt so i decided to weigh myself on my boyfriends mom's scale [this scale is evil, haha it always tells people they weigh a different amount then they usually do!] but it said i lost 9lbs! Which made me so much better and then i made the boyfriend breakfast and had another cup of tea, and i feel slightly better. So i'm just drinking a lot of water at this point. Only 50 minutes!
Old 05-12-2011, 11:17 AM   #160  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracefindsgoodness View Post
Why do people do that? It drives me nuts!!
:[ i have no idea! it drives me crazy
Old 05-12-2011, 11:35 AM   #161  

i would also like to announce, that i have joined the dark side! :]
Old 05-12-2011, 11:54 AM   #162  
3 Babies = +50lbs

S/C/G: 178/166/125

Height: 5"3

Quote:

Did you try a teaspoon of honey? They said it works...
Old 05-12-2011, 11:55 AM   #163  

S/C/G: 166/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Megsy, 9 lbs is awesome!! Great Job! I think we started the same day and I weighed myself this morning and I'm down 8. I don't look any thinner in the mirror, but I did measurements and I've lost 3 inches in my waist. I'm starting to notice a difference in my thighs though. I can't wait to put on my bikini this year and not bulge out anywhere!!
Old 05-12-2011, 11:55 AM   #164  
3 Babies = +50lbs

Quote:
i would also like to announce, that i have joined the dark side! :]
Meeeeeee toooo, but I only got 2 responses...lol!!!!
Old 05-12-2011, 11:59 AM   #165  
3 Babies = +50lbs

Quote:
question for everyone, i know that we're allowed to have walden farms products do you guys think we can have the walden farms salad dressings?

Also does anyone have any interesting ideas for how to spice up veggie days!

Unfortunately no. They all have either oil or vinegar. My veggies I sauté with "Vegetable Stock, Garlic, Sea Salt and pepper. Or I'll use Adobo Goya. For my Salad I usually just do Romaine lettuce, Fresh Spinach, 1/2 Avocado, Cucumber, Lime Juice, Pepper, Garlic salt and to me that's delicious.
Closed Thread