Old 01-19-2009, 11:24 PM   #736  

S/C/G: 212/212/170

Height: 5'4

Well i dont have the cardio gloves but i did get some weighted gloves that were much more affordable and I really do feel the difference when i use them.
tallyjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:22 PM   #737  

S/C/G: 156/156/120

Height: 5.1

The comercial says that the gloves make TJ 96% more effective! It sounds like it's probably worth it to get the gloves. I think I'll try to find some weighted gloves online.
Thanks for the feedback Pinkie and TallyJax.

I did CP1-yesterday and Learn & Burn/Ab Jam today- I feel great. Keep Jamming! And congrats to all of you that are motivated to be more healthy.

Last edited by purplerose; 01-21-2009 at 09:23 PM.
purplerose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 05:33 PM   #738  

S/C/G: 165/165/130

Height: 5'5

I just started doing the TJ but I have the gloves. It does make a difference with your arms, though I've only done it two days, I can't say whether its 96% more effective.
Tink777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 06:29 PM   #739  
Ruler of Straight Lines

S/C/G: 185

Height: 5'4"

Help! Is anyone having knee troubles? I had some before but I turned to low-impact variations on the moves and had no more trouble. Well, come to find out, thanks to having DH watch my form for me, that I wasn't tucking my abs up like it says to do. So I tried it with the tuck and my knees were WASTED. I did it again without the tuck and...fine and dandy!
Anyone else have this happen? I don't want to waste my time here, is it worthwhile without the tuck? My legs look fabulous and my arms are toning nicely, but my abs (where ALL the fat resides) are doing zilch.
FitGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:42 PM   #740  

I did Turbo Sculpt and it totally gave me knee trouble. I've done all the other videos and this is the only video thats ever really hurt my knee...
Old 02-01-2009, 03:41 AM   #741  

S/C/G: 156/156/120

Height: 5.1

I have been using Turbo Jam for a couple of days now and the routines are finally starting to sink in. At first trying to keep up with them was diffiuclt but once the moves became familiar and I knew what was comming next I began to feel more comfortable and worked hard. Throwing punches etc....
I really like Turbo Jam but I only have the Cardio Party 1, 20min., Learn and Burn, Ab Jam and Turbo Sculpt.

What other DVD Turbo Jam workouts would you recommend? I want to add more options and variety to the mix.

Thanks!
purplerose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:56 AM   #742  
My Wedding Day 6.19.10

S/C/G: 172/167/115

Height: 5'2"

I also just started Turbo Jam and I thought I would start with the Learn and Burn, then try out the other workouts on that dvd.

Because I tend to get bored and we still have several more months of cold here in NY, I also ordered a four dvd set that includes, Cardio Party Mix 3, 3T, Fat Blaster, and Punch Kick Jam. You can get the set on ebay for about $70. Mine came with the weighted gloves and a resistance band too.

I plan to really get the hang of the moves before I continue onto the other dvds.

Purplerose, how do you like the other four workouts on the beginner dvd? I have only tried Learn and Burn so far. Did you have any knee pain in the beginning? If so, did it subside?
IansGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:39 AM   #743  
Losing it by being active

S/C/G: 230/222/170

Height: 5'8"

Talking I am back!

Hello ladies!!!!!!!

I was back from my vacations to Chile in january 15. They were great! Everybody thought I looked good even though I had a baby so that is GREAT! I gained 5 pounds during my visit to my mother-in-law, but lost most of it... now I am at 160 which is just 1 pound more than the eight I left with I started the biggest loser workout (6 week program but will do 4..1 week begginer 1.5 intermediate and 1.5 advance). I will also be doing some TJ..at least 2 dvd a week just because i love them so much! I am on mostly doing some 20 min w/o, fat blaster, ab jam, and cardio party remix because they are great and short. I alsg went to get my body fat measure and it is 34% right now..after having my baby it was 46% so I have improved a lot! and the health benefits are great!

I tried the ab jam for 2 weeks before my trip and let me tell you IT WORKS! just do it after a cardio workout or after 3T or lower body jam and you will believe me..try it for 2 weeks! (not everyday, but at least 2 -3 times a week)!

IansGirl: good luck with everything! you will love TJ! There are many workouts to choose from, so you wont get bored.

purplerose
: I would had fat blaster. It is my fav! I love the fact that is 30 min, and the energy on set is great. It makes me want to work harder and harder. THey show different intensities in the dvd and there are some pretty good moves like jumping jack BUT really jumping high! It is great =)! I also like cardio party remix - it is 30 min as well. I have lots of fun with this one.
Good luck ith everything!~

tallyjax: how is your knew? Hope they are better now.. My guess is that it is either technique or going to low/hard in the moves? I would pay attention to that.

FitGal: I HATE tummy fat =(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a personal trainer told me one day that THAT is the place where women lose the inches last...it is the first place we gain it and the last to lose it! I would try adding the ab jam workout at least 3 times a week after cardio =)! It is a good workout that I didn't pay attention until the end..and I basically punched myself in the face LOL! "wHY didn't I do it sOoNeR!!!!!???!" I asked myself later.. try it =)! and Most of the time I forget about tucking hehehe! I just try to keep my core hard, but not tucking all the time.e.i. try coughing. you will feel your stomach tight. try to keep it this way and see.

Tink777
: I believe it is (or at least 50% more effective!) . After 2-3 months of TJ with the gloves I took them down for a workout and the difference is HUGE. My guess is that people need to keep the arms up and really good technique to be able to say it is 100% more effective.

HopelessRomantic223: How are you doing with TJ? Hope you are enjoying the workouts =)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I decided to put pics for weight lost mini goal..I am nerviouS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hehehe...
yobi new mom 2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:17 PM   #744  

I just decided to stick with the Lower body jam with some weight training for my arms or the Booty Sculpt Live instead of the Turbo Sculpt both of those dont hurt my knee... I really have no idea what it is about the Turbo Scuplt but as long as i replace it with one i'll use i wont worry about it much hahaha..
Old 02-12-2009, 08:51 PM   #745  

Hi guys, is it OK if I join this thread as I am an ultra-TJ addict?

I love the workouts, Chalene is a total star and I love her to bits she's so infectiously energising. And I love her gang, how they have so much energy and just beam throughout the whole thing so I find myself grinning like a crazy person even when I'm really struggling, lol.

I've been doing the advanced rotation of the 5 DVD set - so basically a rotation of Cardio Party 1, 20 min workout, Ab Jam, Turbo Sculpt.

I am loving all of them and always look forward to my workouts. It's the only workout I've truly enjoyed to be honest. It's such a blast. So far I've lost 4.4 lbs - mind you I've also been dieting.

I just read that some of you guys are having probs with your knees - not that I'm an expert, but I'd suggest keeping absolutely sure that your weight is on your heels during plies and squats etc. -- it really does help! luckily Chalene kept reminding me of this during Turbo Sculpt and if she hadn't, I think my knees would have been hating me this evening (I did TS earlier this afternoon).

Sorry if that suggestion's already been made, I've only just jumped on in here today.

See you guys later and keep on Pressing Play people woo hoo
cherrystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:27 PM   #746  

Height: 5'1"

Smile Turbo Jam-just ordered it yesterday!

Hey all...new here. Well, got suckered with the TURBO JAM Maximum informercial and thought I would try it. LOL Never spent $75.00 on a work out system...but you do get a lot with it.

OKAY...been reading a little here. Looks like you all really like it. I want to lose 10 pounds (oh, 15 would be great before May 18th...10 year anniversary-going on a cruise!!!) and I have been doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred but not losing. I am doing the dvd again now on level two. The other time I didn't lose but maybe 2 pounds and the tape measure did move a little to my favor. LOL That's about it. So, I am hoping this system would really show results.

PLEASE...any pro's and con's and your advice, send them my way. Would love to speak with others who are doing the same thing too. What works for you, what doesn't, etc.

Say that I should get it in 5-7 business days but since I ordered it yesterday, I am looking for Wed. of next week since I haven't rec'd a email confirmation with the tracking number. HMM? Still waiting to get an email for the free 30 day trial to the website. Called this morning and customer service said I should be getting an email to let me know what to do, etc. and here it is, almost two hours gone by with nothing. Will give it a little more time then I will call back again. RED FLAG???
taben07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:51 PM   #747  

Hey guys I was wondering if any of you have tried the on the ball series? i wanted to try it out... i went on the website and i saw that it gives you two choices of size of ball med if under 5'4 and large if over 5'4... i am 5'4 so i'm not really sure which one to get so any suggestions will be helpful.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:28 PM   #748  

S/C/G: 230/230/120

Height: 5'4"

Well, I am new here.... I ordered turbo jam a few days ago off ebay. All 5 dvd's will be here soon. After reading this thread, I am getting excited. I ordered the spiral book that goes with it from amazon.com for 7.00 and also ordered some weighted gloves from hxxp://store.titleboxing.com/dwg4.html so I am ready.....

I just filled in my profile. For the last 10 yrs, I have had some very major health issues that are finally under control. But through it all, my thyroid died and I gained 100 lbs. I am tired of feeling sorry for myself. I am back and plan on getting my life back. I am 51, married to a great guy and have grown kids.

After I finish the 90 days of turbo jam, I am going to buy the Chalene Extreme and do a little weight lifting.

Glad to be here guys... real glad.

Jenn
jcribbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 07:05 AM   #749  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

I started doing Turbo Jam last week (after they've been collecting dust for the past couple years at least) and I forgot how much I love her workouts. I think I will add in the Turbo gloves this week.
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 07:21 PM   #750  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

Hi Jammers!
So my TJ DVD's have also been collection dust for a bit, while I was stressed for 3 months, no time to workout and gaining 15lbs.

BUT I did get them out today. I did the Turbo Sculpt for the first time ever!
I definately need to some strenght training for my legs on my own before I attempt that one again. My knee's are not happy, so I think I'll stick to the other DVD's for now. But I did hang in until there was only 9min left and boy did I sweat!

My diet was good today...1360cals. I think tomorrow I'll give the Punch, Kick and Jam a try!
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote