Old 12-01-2008, 12:50 AM   #706  
Ruler of Straight Lines

S/C/G: 185

Height: 5'4"

Has anyone had bad knee problems with this? I did it for about two and a half months, but this last week I've been completely out of comission because it's irritating the heck out of my knee. It felt better one day so I decided to do a light twenty minute jam, and I could hardly walk by the time I went to bed.
I like TJ a lot, but if this doesn't quit, I'm going to have to knock it off and find something else...
FitGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 08:03 AM   #707  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

FitGal~ I know one of the videos talks about keeping your feet on the floor and working your way up to taking off the floor as your knees will last longer if you slowly strengthen them.

I haven't had any knee problems but I found that I was straining my back this morning when doing 20 minute jam... am I doing something wrong?
Feel really good for finally getting up early and getting my workout in!
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 05:31 PM   #708  
Ruler of Straight Lines

I'm going to try the twenty-minutes today without the kicks. I'll still lift my knee, but I'm going to make it more of an ab crunch. My knee has felt great the last couple of days, so crossed fingers!
Old 12-03-2008, 08:02 AM   #709  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

FitGal~ Let me know how your knee is!

Did 20 minute TJ this morning. Woke up at 5:30 and couldn't go back to sleep, so I got up and went at it!!! Feeling good!!! Going to do 20 minute on Friday and then maybe try cardio next week as I feel like the 20 minute might be a little too easy now...
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 07:31 PM   #710  
Ruler of Straight Lines

Seems to be working! I actually did the Punch,Kick and Jam because I just couldn't help myself, but I kept it really low-intensity like Mindy and Anna Rita and my knee grumbled but shaped up. Today I did another low-impact twenty-minutes and Ab Jam and so far so good!
Old 12-06-2008, 02:35 PM   #711  

S/C/G: 225/210/150

Since the week before Thanksgiving, I've been taking a break with TJ. I've been doing the Walk Away the Pounds, but next week I plan to go back to Learn & Burn.

I have a feeling I'm going to be one that one for a while... is that normal to be on one routine for so long? I just feel like I'm not quite getting it right...
blackdove95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 04:05 AM   #712  
Ruler of Straight Lines

If that's what you need to do, then yes it's normal! Always stick with it until you're comfortable enough to move forward, that way you don't get hurt!

As for me, knee is still doing fine except the day I did the Cardio Jam (which I never liked anyway) So I'll just cut that one out and stick with the other four. Hope to see some progress soon!
Old 12-07-2008, 06:35 PM   #713  
Losing it by being active

S/C/G: 230/222/170

Height: 5'8"

Wink oh my...! I'm leaving for a month!

hello ladies

i have been doing cp1 with abs and other days cp2 with abs =) it works great!

I'm going on vacation for a month so i won't be able to enter internet as often as I would like. Iam 158 right now...only 3 pounds away from my goal ^.^... and 10 pounds away from my pre pregnancy weight. My family say that i look pretty healthy and i should not lose more weight.. I will be happy once my tummy disappear. Next year it is going to be only about toning and trying to get nice abs. =). No more losing weight I think If it comes, it comes. If it doesnt it is cool too hehehhehe I feel so healthy with so much energy - I just cannot believe it took me around 1 year to become healthy again. It was a long journey and I guess it is a non-stopping fight against laziness and junk food. Oh well..it took me 9 months to gain more than 100 pounds Hope everyone is doing great =). AND hopefully I will be a good/healthy woman during my vacation! I will eat everything, but just in moderation. I'm leaving my house on tuesday 2:00AM with my family! i'm so stressed!!!!!!!!!!! I'm still going to a spinning class on monday at noon + one TJ dvd I just feel like I have to put my energy somewhere.

blackdove95 - It was normal to do 1 routine for some time. I needed to learn the movements and correct my form. I encourage you to do 20 minutes and cardio party 1 at least once - just to give you an idea about the difference with learn and burn. I felt really strange the first time, but the more you do it, the more you learn.

FitGal : i try to do punch kick jam, but the kicks are just too many lol! I do them high intensity, but they are just sooooo many! I guess I am more efficent with the cardio parties and fat flaster jejeje!.

KimL1214 : congrats for waking up and do 20 min! I kept trying to wake up at 6:00 to do TJ, but I had to leave them for the afternoon! I'm just too tired .

Congratulations everyone and I wish you all a merry Christmas and a Happy new year and good Turbo jamming!!!!!

pdta: I bought size 11 jeans..and they fit! i actually bought 3 because i couldn't believe it and my new year dress is size 10 I always thought i had to be 130 something pounds to look beautifull.. now I learn that it is about how confident you are and that you have the right clothes! No skinny jeans for me.. but yes to straight leg!! ( I wwatch what not to wear )
yobi new mom 2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 07:48 PM   #714  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

yobi- Yeah to you, you have done so well this past year. Only 4lbs from goal, that is wonderful, so happy for you. l wish you and your family, a wonderful vacation, have lots of fun.

Kim-Enjoy TJ, my favorite is the Total Body Jam, it's an hr with the exercise ball, really works up a sweat.

blackdove95-I find it takes me a while to learn the whole routine, then I can really give it my all. Each time I do TJ, I try to increase the intenisity in the parts I'm really good at, so my body gets a great workout.

FitGal-How's the knees doing? It took me quite a while before I could even finish the whole tape, just do what you can, each time it will get a bit easier. I know about knee problems, haven't been able to do the second half of my beginner's yoga tape, it's the lower body part, where you need to be sitting down, resting on your feet, that first sitting pose you need to be in, kill my knees, even tried with the folded towel under my sitting bones, NO WAY, so when I do that tape, need to just do the upper body part. My favorite DVD's are TJ, they are so much fun.

well took some time off from TJ, did my other DVD's for a while, but always come back to TJ. Today I did CP-2, tomorrow I want to get in Turbo Sculpt, or Punch, Kick, Jam.

Have a Great Week!
Institches21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 12:17 AM   #715  

S/C/G: 233/231/160

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if you guys were going to do the new workout program from Chalean... It is called ChaLEAN Extreme! I just bought mine today and I am anxiously waiting for its arrival!!!

Anyone wants to join me?

If you want some info:
http://www.milliondollarbody.com/sto...f_rep_id=18503

I am going to start a thread also

Last edited by Floprieto; 12-12-2008 at 12:18 AM.
Floprieto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 12:11 PM   #716  

Default Hello!

Hi all, I'm new here to this forum. I've recently received Turbojam and plan on starting it today. I've read the other postings- I was just wondering if anyone would be willing to share how much success they have had with TurboJam...I thought it would be inspiring to hear some stories!
Thanks for your time!
VAmomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 08:12 PM   #717  

S/C/G: 233/231/160

Height: 5'6

A lady at my gym lost 50 pounds in 10 months while doing TJ and eating their food plan! she looks lk a complete different person!
Floprieto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 01:58 PM   #718  

S/C/G: 272/see tracker/170

Height: 5'11"

Hello everyone!

I've just started doing TJ and I really enjoy it! I will keep you all posted on how I do. =)
kireos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 04:44 AM   #719  

S/C/G: 150/145/110

Height: 4 ft 11

Default re

Turbo Jam is on my Christmas wishlist. If I don't get it, I'll just buy it on Friday, hehe.
kari1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 07:01 PM   #720  

S/C/G: 156/156/130

Height: 5'2"

Question Just started TJ yesterday

Hey everyone, I just got started doing Turbojam yesterday. I have the original Turbojam I think with the 5 workouts..the Learn & burn, 20 Minute, Turbo Sculpt, & Cardio Party & Ab Jam. I got mine off ebay so I didnt get the guidebook with it...

I was just wonderin how you would advise starting I did the Learn & burn yesterday and today just to get the hang of the moves I got a little winded but not bad at all on this one, I'm wonderin what type of rotation I should do with these, I am in average shape & am used to doing Taebo, I just havent done much of anything but the elliptical machine in about 6 months.

I'd appreciate any advice anyone could give. Thanks
Thistime0801 is offline   Reply With Quote