Old 09-08-2009, 03:26 AM   #826  

S/C/G: 183/135/120

Height: 5'1"

By the way - I didn't mention this in my last post. I decided to go to Miami in August to get certified to teach Turbo Kick - which is the live class version of Turbo Jam. I was fortunate enough to be certified by Chalene Johnson herself, and I am now a Gold Certified Turbo Kick Instructor. 6 months ago I could barely get through my Turbo Jam workout.

If you have any questions, I will try my best to help answer them for you. Work hard, stick with it, and keep positive people around you. Don't let someone derail your progress. Treat yourself on occasions. Find a workout buddy (I will step in if you don't have one... I workout everyday pretty much).

PM me anytime.

I love helping people reach their goals! It's so exciting to watch someone change their life.

Renee
reneekicksfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:37 PM   #827  

Today was Turbo Sport. Wow! That one is so fun, and so high energy. Even more wicked with the weighted gloves.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:31 AM   #828  

Just did TK Round 37 and 3 PITO sections. Body bugg had me at 875 calories! Off to work!
Old 09-24-2009, 08:33 PM   #829  

What exactly is Turbo Sport?? I LOVE Turbo Jam and I'm also doing ChaLean Extreme. I've heard of Turbo Sport but I can't find any information on it, or where I can get it!!
tiffany0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:57 PM   #830  

S/C/G: 170/170/140

This is my first day joining. I'm 21 years old and I have an almost 16 month old son. I weigh in at 170..I'm hoping to go back to my prebaby weight of 140. (I carry my weight pretty well...so I'd be happy at that weight)
I have done Turbo Jam off and on (only about a week or 2 and then I stop) I'm the type who really likes to see results fast and I get discouraged if they don't come immediately.
I've decided to start back up again. I enjoy the Fat Blaster. I find it a really intense workout and it doesn't take up too much of my time.
I hope to lose 30 pounds.
I'm hoping to find other newbies for encouragements to keep going!
Katelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 08:05 PM   #831  
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

Renee, congrats on getting your certification! I wish my local gym had live turbo classes, that would rock!

I've just started doing turbo jam and I really enjoy it. I don't have the weighted gloves yet though, but I still get a pretty good workout. It's really fun to just dance and kick and punch and have a good time! The time just flys by and I feel great afterwards. I've usually been doing punch kick jam and cardio party 3 together. I love the way it makes my abs feel! Not really sore, but I can feel the muscles in there. It feels like i'm using core muscles that I never have before and I love it!
EveLHaelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:34 PM   #832  

Turbo Jam is AMAZING! I've done it before and had amazing results and just started back up last night. I need to look and see which DVD's I have (I have LOTS!) so I can make up a weekly schedule.
MandyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:43 PM   #833  

S/C/G: 367/353/170

Height: 5'10

I love Cardio Party 1 I love the way I feel when its over and she says now drink water and take care of yourself the rest of the day!! It's a fun workout and easy to follow and no doubt you can see yourself slimming down all over. I really love it in fact I have not done any of the other 5 routines other than learn and burn.. I heard Cardio Party 2 is even better but it's hard to find on amazon..
Noellem87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:31 AM   #834  

I just got my Turbo Jam Dvd's and am so excited. I have heard nothing but positive reviews about the program. I have found lots of before and after shots of people who used turbo jam. I started out at 154 pounds about 8 months ago and have been up and down but my current weight is 136 pounds. I have about 11 pounds to lose to get to my goal and truly believe this is the program for me. I used to take kickboxing two times a week and the classes were canceled but I really loved kickboxing! I'll keep coming back to this thread to update and stay motivated!!
getitoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 12:12 PM   #835  
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

Default Ouch!

So Monday morning before work, I pop in one of my good ol' Turbo Jam dvd's and start working out. During one of the sections where she has you do a lot of 'jab cross jab knee' my hip starts to make a popping sound and then...OUCH! I finished the dvd but I modified all of my knee lifts after that. My hip has bothered me since. I decided to give turbo jam a break, and do some other exercises that didn't include a lot of knee lift moves. I do feel like it's getting better, but I'm worried that if I go back to turbo jam too soon it will start getting worse again. Maybe it just needs more time to get completely better? I really enjoy turbo jam and don't want to give it up!
EveLHaelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 12:16 AM   #836  

S/C/G: 29/28/117

Height: 5'3

Default 10 day quick start!

Hello!
I've decided to do the 10 day quick start tomorrow!!! has anyone done it and lost the 10 pounds?? i get mixed reviews on that...
Jacklynmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:57 PM   #837  

Talking I love TJ!

Hi girls!

I started doing Turbo Jam last week and I think I'm doing ok for a beginner. I did the 20 min + Learn and Burn for 3x last week.

Yesterday I tried the Fat Burner and I love it! Ok, I was so clumsy doing it, but I think it's because I'm just starting. I think I did about 85% of the exercises... she moves too fast! But I sweated a lot and my face was so red! I felt pretty good about myself.

Today I did the Fat Burner and the AB Jam. The AB Jam is fantastic and I have never seen abs workout like that. I think I'm gonna stick with the routine of Fat Burner and AB Jam for a couple of weeks. Then I'm gonna introduce the Cardio Party and the other Turbo Jams.

My main goal now it's to lose weight. I'm not concerned with muscles or toning. Not now at least. I'm weighting 171lb and I wanna get down to 130. I think I can do it.

Sorry if I misspelled anything... I'm still learning how to speak and write properly in English

I think Chalene is gonna change my life.
MJKiddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:59 PM   #838  

Is it a problem if I stop like 2 or 3 times during the exercise to breath a little? Since I'm new at this my endurance is not that big yet. I stop and breath for about 3 minutes... and then I can go back again and do the exercises properly.
Old 01-02-2010, 11:53 PM   #839  

Wow, what a difference a week makes! Last sunday I was barely finishing the Fat Blaster (had to stop 2 times)... the next day had to stop for a bit on the 20 minutes workout and tuesday I had to stop 5 times during the Cardio Party! Yesterday I did the Fat Blaster again and did it ok, not stopping once and I was so happy that I did the AB Jam right after!

Today I did the Turbo Sculpt with the 3lb dumbbells and also I did not stop. And then I did the 20 min workout and did not stop once! OMG, in less than a week I've improved so much my endurance!!! I'm so proud of myself!!

Turbo Jam is really amazing! I'm still not seeing real difference in my body (like if I'm getting thinner or not), but I know that the changes are coming.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:39 AM   #840  

My goal is to drop 40 pounds by the end of the year. My actual weight is 171. I think I'm gonna make it.

I'm doing the routines 6x a week and this is my third week. Beginning this week, I'm doing at least 45 minutes of exercise (that's the Cardio Party 1). I tend to combine routines, like the Fat Blaster with the AB Jam and the Turbo Sculpt and the 20 min workout. It's working fine and I'm handling pretty well.

I did not make significant changes to my diet, but I'm counting calories and staying on my daily limit. I feel thin, I feel strong, but I still don't see thin. On the coming week I'm taking a photo and comparing with the picture I took when I started Turbo Jam.

I'm glad to have you girls as my support.

If any of you guys are on Twitter, follow Chalene: @chalenejohnson. She is AMAZING and replied back to me 2 times! I feel so lucky!

Last edited by MJKiddo; 01-07-2010 at 03:39 AM.