Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 08:35 PM   #466  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Congratulations on that run today Ilene. Awesome work! No wonder you have a nice low resting HR. You're a great example, my post 40 friend!
Old 04-29-2006, 08:53 PM   #467  

I'm curious now. I'll check mine first thing in the morning. I just did a test one and got 69 but I had trouble counting, breathing, and watching the clock all at one time. I might have counted a breath as a beat and a move of the second had as another. I have trouble chewing gum and walking at the same time too. LOL - Just imagine if I tried 2frus's kickboxing!
Old 05-01-2006, 06:19 AM   #468  

Good Morning! It's May! Anybody got any new plans for a new month?
My plan is to try to stay cool, calm and collected thru the last few days before this wedding. I'm starting with the waking up thinking about things that still need to be done.
So I think my focus (ha!) is going to be on maintenance for a couple of weeks. Good food, therapeutic exercise, making sure I sleep and getting things done.
Old 05-01-2006, 06:52 AM   #469  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

May is my maintenance month! I've decided that it might just chill me out for a while. I'm not going to go bonkers with the chocolate or anything, but I think I need a rest! Plus I don't want to slim out of my dress Like that'll happen

Just off to check my resting pulse (I have only been up a little while!)
Old 05-01-2006, 06:55 AM   #470  
aka Superwoman!

61!!!! you guys put me to shame!

I'll have to check properly tomorrow morning when I've just woken up!
Old 05-01-2006, 11:08 AM   #471  

My plan for May is to stay on plan! Also, I've started posting again in the other forums. I've been struggling with my own weight loss efforts so much that I felt like a big fraud if I tried to pass any advice along. But I jumped back in the other day and it makes such a difference. I'd forgotten that posting advice is as much confirmation of the things I need to do as it is making suggestions to someone else. It has been a nice reminder that I do know what I'm doing when it comes to weight loss - I just need to keep following my own advice!
Old 05-01-2006, 04:02 PM   #472  

You are right Lucky. Nothing reminds me that I'm slipping one area or the other as much as advising someone else ....
Old 05-02-2006, 04:59 AM   #473  
aka Superwoman!

Hello!

I'm eating out tonight! There's a place that's famous for its carrot cake... served warm with orange sauce, candied peel and sweet spice ice cream

I think that should "maintain" me, after a gym session at lunch!

My Mummeeeeeeeeee is coming down to do bridey things! We're dress shopping really, but I'm sure we'll end up buying lots of other things! I need some new sunnies for one thing!

Oh yeah, another thing! I'm 110% recovered from my dragging cold from last week! I couldn't sleep last night because I wanted to dance! I wanted to run around doing jumping side kicks off walls and just generally be hyper! So that's why I'm going to the gym today, nothing to do with getting ripped I just have a lot of energy to run off!
Old 05-02-2006, 07:24 AM   #474  

Extra energy? I'd like to try that some time

I got up at an ungodly hour this morning. A combination of having too many things planned for today and the cat meowing. Now ebay isn't doing what I want so I've had time for introspection. You poor girls!

My calorie intake has only been good (by my standards) about 7 days of the last 2 weeks. I may have exericised 2 days in a row once
However, I'm hovering under 128 lbs, which isn't bad for an old gal like me. My measurements are not bad. Maybe that little roll of belly fat isn't life threatening. There are no clothes in my closet that I cannot wear (I might need control top hose for one pair of pants) Maybe if hovering under 130 is fairly easy ... do I necessarily have to get to be hovering under 125?

I should go read that thread about maintenance and complacency again.

I'll have lots of time to think today. I'm going to run errands and it involves a 45 minute drive. I need 'the' bra and shoes still. I'm also stopping at my favourite healthfood store.

I'll let you know if God strikes me with any blazingly intelligent insights along the way.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:33 AM   #475  

I've been having similar thoughts, Susan. I am really very comfortable in the 130-135 range. So, I'm thinking, is being comfortable the same as being complacent? Maybe not. I've been considering why exactly it is that I want to get all the way down to 115-120. Is it because that is what I want? Or is it because I like the idea of being one of those women? If I'm happy with myself at 130 what would 10 to 15 more pounds change? Would I be even happier or would the difference just be smaller clothes? Is the difference going to be big enough to justify how much more difficult 115-120 is to maintain? I know I'd really like being only 120 pounds. So what happens if I get there and can't maintain it? Will that impact my self esteem? Will 130 seem unacceptable after having a taste of 120? After all, 6 months ago I was on top of the world at 143 pounds and now, after having been as low as 134, I feel like a big fat blob. LOL.

I've decided that I won't have the answer to any of these questions unless I actually get to 115-120. So, I'm going to keep going. I believe that I will feel such a difference that it will be worth any extra effort it takes to maintain that low of a weight. (Did I mention that my mother and my sister have both cleaned out their closets and passed on some clothes that I really love but that happen to be size 4 to me? ). But, if its not, its not. I'll just put my size 8's in the attic instead of donating them- just in case!

2frus, I've gotten that kind of burst of energy before and it felt great. If we could bottle it we'd make a fortune! I could use a dose of it today, as a matter of fact.

So, yesterday our dog either got stung by a bee or bitten by a snake so we had to rush her to the vet. She's fine, but it really screwed up my schedule. I didn't have time to get dinner ready, get my son to karate, and get myself to the gym. So, I decided that a healthy dinner was more important than one karate class. We ate and I decided to skip the gym - it was close to bedtime for the kids and I wanted to try on all those clothes I mentioned. Well, I started to try on the clothes and came across the 6's and 4's. It made me think, "What the heck am I doing? These clothes will still be here tomorrow but what does it matter if they don't fit?" So, I put on my sneakers and headed to the gym. I had one of the best workouts in a long time. I still feel awesome about it!

Here is to another successful day for all of us!
Old 05-02-2006, 10:47 AM   #476  

S/C/G: 268(2003) 186/182/146

Height: 5'5"

Hello All! I had company on the weekend (who kept commenting on how tiny I was ) and I completely 100% blew it. Alcohol, food you name it I ate it or drank it. I haven't weighed because I know I'm probably back up to around 160.

It's a new month though and I have a couple of events coming up this summer so that is always good for my motivation factor. One is June 24th and the other is July 15th.

So my plan for May is.....add the exercise ball back into my weekly routine as well as pilates. MWF for one and TT for the other. My goal for June 24th is to fit into the size 8 jeans that I bought back in March when I was 150. It feels good to have solid goals again. I seem to do much better when I have a deadline.

Gaylyn
Old 05-02-2006, 10:54 AM   #477  
aka Superwoman!

Oh lucky and Susan, will you stop reading my mind please! Get out! Of my head! I'm getting complacent - and get this, I'm maintaining this month because a bride has to have curves to look sexy and stunning in her figure hugging wedding dress BUT I'm still going to do groundwork for getting ripped because a BLACK BELT has to look all ripped and muscular and like she could kill you with her little finger! So I'm just putting off getting REALLY ripped for a few months!

I've had a mega stressful afternoon, we are coming to the end of our tenancy agreement for our trendy flat and things were getting a little confusing as to whether we would have to move out in 6 weeks if we didn't like the new contract. DF is talking to one person, christened B*tchface, who basically told us to start looking for a new place - she is the main person in charge of our contract. However I really didn't understand why we should move out and shouldn't we get notice if the rent's going up? So I rang another branch of the same letting agent and asked what the procedure was, the guy was an outrageous flirt, but also very helpful. He got me to call the grand daddy of all Lettings Managers and she explained to me exactly what I needed to know, and exactly what I wanted to hear. So, we are all relieved and sorted now. Why couldn't B*tchface have told us that in the first place???

I went to the gym at lunch and did lots of back weights. I felt quite good running down there too. I didn't feel so puffed, but I know in my heart of hearts, I just don't like it enough to keep going out for a run every week. I think I'll do all 3 of my races that I'm signed up for this year and then concentrate on kickboxing. I need to keep my hand in at running, but now I know that I CAN do it, it's kinda lost its appeal! Plus it's bo-ring! I think if I wanted to get into running it'd have to be my main target, with speedwork sessions and length and a proper training plan, but I just couldn't fit it in at the moment.

Ok I'm all talked out, I'd best do some work before I take my 2 days off!
Old 05-02-2006, 10:55 AM   #478  
aka Superwoman!

Gaylyn, we were posting at the same time!

I'm SURE you'll get back on track, so don't worry about having a blow-out weekend! Happens to the best of us
Old 05-02-2006, 02:10 PM   #479  

Well, I answered my own question when I got in the car and slipped my seatbelt over the flub of flesh hanging over the belt of my jeans! Then I was trying on bras and there was that roll.
So I'd better stick with it.
I did get 'the' bra but not 'the' shoes. Now I have to go to work so I guess the shoes will have to wait for another day, another city.

It's our job to be in your head ....ohm.... frus yes you can be curvy and ripped at the same time ... ohm .... Gaylyn, yes you can ... you can reboot as many times as it takes .... ohm .... Lucky .... yes the size 4's will fit and soon.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:46 AM   #480  
cha

S/C/G: 228/142/125

Hello all!! I am new to 3FC. I have been dieting now for 20 months!! YES, I said 20!!!! It has become my worst enemy. I have lost my mojo, and cant get under 142-144 lbs!! I found this thread and decided to join ya'll, if thats ok. My goal weight is 125 lbs. But I have no clue how I am gonna lose the weight!! Everybody keeps telling me how great I look, and ask how did I do it. Sad thing is, I CANT REMEMBER!!!! I have tried to remember, but I just cant!! I know I had a meal plan, and an exercise plan, but somewhere between Aug.2004 and Feb.2006, I totally lost my memory of dieting!!! Now, I go up a few lbs, then back down. Been on my plateau now since Dec.2005. Going from 138 lbs to 144 lbs. Now I am just stuck at 144 lbs!!!I have gotten so angry with myself that I just gave up!! I am scheduled for a TT in mid June. I would like to lose at least 10 of the 17 I have left to lose by the TT date. But HOW??? Can anyone gimme some advice, or maybe just slap me really hard and put me back on track???? LOL. Thanks!!
Closed Thread