Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-12-2015, 03:39 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 143/121/115

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungerWerks View Post
Welcome, Eilidh429! Glad you're here.

That's quite a spectacular loss in such a short time. Do you mind sharing your approach? I could use it now, as I'm slowing down big time this week!

Thank you!

So my approach is to eat 1200 calories a day. I also walk 15,000 steps a day. I began the couch to 5K program and I've just started week 8 of that. Crazy that I can now run for 30 minutes without stopping - I HATED running just a couple of months ago. I run 3 times a week.

I eat cereal with almond milk for breakfast, eggs, veg and nuts or pita chips or something along those lines for lunch and for dinner I have whatever as long as it is under 500 calories. Usually turkey stir fry with veg and noodles, or sweet potatoes and beef with veg. I like rice dishes too. Then at night I usually have around 150-200 calories of whatever I want. Chocolate, ice-cream, fruit, whatever.

It works well for me and I don't feel hungry. I track calories on myfitnesspal and steps with a garmin vivofit. I imagine I will up my calories to 1500 eventually but for now, 1200 works.
eilidh429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 05:43 PM   #32  
Hungry for Health! (-:

S/C/G: 141/108.8/BMI above 18.49

Height: 5'2"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynxagain View Post
Today I am going to write down a menu for the day, including what I will have for snack times. Then all I have to do is stick to the day's menu. I think this is where I am slipping up at. I forget stuff a lot.

Hey, It won't hurt to try.

Hun-What is red box?

Here's hoping my new idea will work.
Sounds like a good idea. And you got nuthin' on me on forgetting stuff! Hopefully all this exercising will help us out.

Redbox is just like a vending machine that rents movies. They have them at drug stores and other well-travelled places: http://www.redbox.com/.
HungerWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 05:46 PM   #33  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilidh429 View Post
Thank you!

So my approach is to eat 1200 calories a day. I also walk 15,000 steps a day. I began the couch to 5K program and I've just started week 8 of that. Crazy that I can now run for 30 minutes without stopping - I HATED running just a couple of months ago. I run 3 times a week.

I eat cereal with almond milk for breakfast, eggs, veg and nuts or pita chips or something along those lines for lunch and for dinner I have whatever as long as it is under 500 calories. Usually turkey stir fry with veg and noodles, or sweet potatoes and beef with veg. I like rice dishes too. Then at night I usually have around 150-200 calories of whatever I want. Chocolate, ice-cream, fruit, whatever.

It works well for me and I don't feel hungry. I track calories on myfitnesspal and steps with a garmin vivofit. I imagine I will up my calories to 1500 eventually but for now, 1200 works.
1200 calories a day will do it! And I'm having the same experience with running. I usually watch a show and run during the show and walk during the commercials. These days, I'm forgetting the walking part! Used to, I would hate the running and pine for the walking.

Thanks for sharing!
Old 03-13-2015, 09:53 AM   #34  

Deciding out my menu worked yesterday. But I have run out of foods to do it today. I did want another snack at the end of the day. I was craving sweet, but ran out of diet jello.

I won't be able to go shopping today. So I will have to rig up something.
Dynxagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 10:35 AM   #35  

I am really having a problem eating right. I am so tired of always dieting. I feel like just eating everything in sight.

Could it be, that eating has replaced having a social life and having fun?? Oh dear, more to think about.
Old 03-15-2015, 02:34 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 165/118.4/123

Height: 5.4

I made goal at WW and was excited at first but still don't like how I look at 122 I think 118 may be the magic number.
habakuktwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 06:39 PM   #37  

Haba :congra t:

Is your body all tightened up with exercise? Good muscle tone? If muscle tone is good. Then, you probably do need to weight 118. It's your body, it doesn't belong to WW.
Old 03-16-2015, 12:34 PM   #38  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Lightbulb I'm trying to convince myself. ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynxagain View Post
I am really having a problem eating right. I am so tired of always dieting. I feel like just eating everything in sight.

Could it be, that eating has replaced having a social life and having fun?? Oh dear, more to think about.
The call of food is hard to resist! I had a weird thought the other day, and it kind of dovetails with what just came to my mind about what you're saying:

Eating is easy, but not eating is easier!

Cheaper, faster, cleaner - no effort involved. It requires a lot of steps to eat! What am I, a tri-atha-lete?

This is a selling point for me, lol.

There's an idea for further exploration: What are the selling points of hunger?
Old 03-16-2015, 02:53 PM   #39  

I found another diet to try out, on the internet. But I'm a little worried about being a little old lady and doing it. Pretty sure my Doctor wouldn't agree to it. I have never tried it before. It's only for 3 days. Going out to buy the foods that the diet needs. I don't normally diet this way but I'm sick of dieting. And I want some time off of dieting. Wish me luck!
Old 03-16-2015, 04:55 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 165/118.4/123

Height: 5.4

Hey Dynxagain. Thanks for the cheer! Yes first I started out with WW and just changed my eating habits. Youtube popsugar Autumn Calabrese and Mary Helen Bowers that's where I started. Man at first I thought I was just bulking but then my body adjusted and I slimmed down to the point where all my pants are baggy and I'm almost at my college weight of 115. Don't be affraid of weights and cardio it makes a huge difference in how you look at goal and how your clothes feel.
habakuktwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 07:19 PM   #41  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by habakuktwo View Post
I made goal at WW and was excited at first but still don't like how I look at 122 I think 118 may be the magic number.
Quote:
Originally Posted by habakuktwo View Post
Hey Dynxagain. Thanks for the cheer! Yes first I started out with WW and just changed my eating habits. Youtube popsugar Autumn Calabrese and Mary Helen Bowers that's where I started. Man at first I thought I was just bulking but then my body adjusted and I slimmed down to the point where all my pants are baggy and I'm almost at my college weight of 115. Don't be affraid of weights and cardio it makes a huge difference in how you look at goal and how your clothes feel.
Wow, that is exciting news! And I agree with Dynxagain - you do you! I have run the gamut of BMIs from 25.8 (and higher) and now down to 20.4, and I'm still not to where I want to be. There's still quite a bit of, ahem, flab. So, I feel like if I stay above 18.5 BMI, I can go as low as I want.

Last edited by HungerWerks; 03-16-2015 at 07:38 PM.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:22 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 143/121/115

Height: 5'5

Not moved from 128 for over a week now. Very frustrated as not been eating badly and been doing a fair amount of exercise. I'm thinking of actually increasing my calories by 200. Anyone tried upping what they are eating to carry on with weight loss?
eilidh429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 02:35 PM   #43  

Eil--I have read that lots of exercise will swell you up with water because the exercise gets the muscles sore and you need to wait it out til they aren't swollen before they drop the water they are using to protect the muscles. So it could be just water your body is holding on to.

I am an old lady and my Doctor has only approved me walking, so far.
Old 03-18-2015, 01:46 PM   #44  

I have seen pictures of women my age as weight lifters. I am awed and amazed by them. I visit those pictures often. They are my heroines and I would love to be them. Right now though, I would settle for being able to just stand up from a sitting position.
Old 03-19-2015, 09:54 AM   #45  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

So apparently I'm super good at an maintaining 129.i tried to lose with counting calories for a week but it was a pita and I literally measured out everything.could this be my bodies way of saying we are done losing weight?
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote