Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 04-07-2015, 11:45 AM   #106  
Hungry for Health! (-:

S/C/G: 141/108.8/BMI above 18.49

Height: 5'2"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanky View Post
Weigh In this morning was 129.5--just across the line out of the 130's and I'm delighted. This is the Battle Zone for me because I'm constantly bouncing in and out of the 120's.

My goal is to go slow and steady so I don't start feeling overly deprived and ditch the plan. Tonight I know what I'm going to eat and have been on plan all day, so a good day.

Hooray for hip bones!
Congrats on crossing the borderline! Wow, that is exciting. And I love your - and others' - propensity to plan. That has been super-helpful in my own diet journey.
HungerWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 01:36 PM   #107  
Fighting the Good Fight

Height: 5'1"

Part of the Beck program allows non-food rewards as part of staying motivated. I decided to reward myself for every week I make it through to weigh-in while trying my all-time best to stick to it.

This weekend I gave myself my first reward--a Bossa Nova album to add to my Bossa Nova collection.

Today my calorie plan is in place and I've been on track so far. Already trying to decide what the next title will be in that Bossa Nova playlist, which is a little cocky, but motivating anyway.

Here's wishing everyone a great day!
spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 03:49 PM   #108  

Spanky- Get your dancing shoes on

I'm rewarding myself for any exercise I get. I need some help with my hair, I lost so much hair from the chemo and it never came back. It thinned out I didn't completely lose it. I wear hats all the time now. It's all fly away and in my face all the time. It won't hold a curl. Just looks terrible in general. I saw a woman with extensions which looks great, but they don't last.

I think my rewards will revolve around beauty shops. I have never tried that gel manicure either.
Dynxagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 05:20 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 143/121/115

Height: 5'5

Love all the rewarding going on. It's really nice to have something to look forward to. Think my current reward is just knowing that in not too long it will be summer and I will have to buy a completely new summer wardrobe! Yay!

Weighed in at 122.6 today, really not too far from my goal weight now and it's becoming very exciting indeed.
eilidh429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 04:41 PM   #110  

Eli-122 Oh wow, you're almost there. :woo hoo:
Old 04-09-2015, 01:10 PM   #111  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

I got refitted for my bra I'm now a 32 f from a 38 f I can't wrap my head around it.im still incredibly frustrated at all my body fat I look skinny as **** until I take my clothes off
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 12:18 PM   #112  

Skittles-Are you doing exercise? I've heard that diet makes you look good in clothes and exercise makes you look good without them. I felt a little naughty writing that.

Now that it's getting warmer, I want to start bringing in my too small clothes. It will be fun seeing what I can get into.
Old 04-10-2015, 06:03 PM   #113  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynxagain View Post
Skittles-Are you doing exercise? I've heard that diet makes you look good in clothes and exercise makes you look good without them. I felt a little naughty writing that.

Now that it's getting warmer, I want to start bringing in my too small clothes. It will be fun seeing what I can get into.
Dynx (is it o. k. if I call you that??), you crack me up! I was wondering about the bra size. I went and measured, and it said I was "D," which is so NOT the case! It was based on the difference between the bust and the band. Skittles, you said "fitted." Did you go to a professional?

I always wear sports bras (TMI!!), so I don't really think too much about it, although 36s are too big now.

Last edited by HungerWerks; 04-10-2015 at 06:03 PM.
Old 04-10-2015, 10:24 PM   #114  

Quote:

I workout with a personal trainer 3 times a week with weights
Old 04-10-2015, 10:25 PM   #115  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungerWerks View Post
Dynx (is it o. k. if I call you that??), you crack me up! I was wondering about the bra size. I went and measured, and it said I was "D," which is so NOT the case! It was based on the difference between the bust and the band. Skittles, you said "fitted." Did you go to a professional?

I always wear sports bras (TMI!!), so I don't really think too much about it, although 36s are too big now.
Went to 2 diffrent lingerie stores other one had me in a 34g I like the 32 beyter and I was able to get prints and not granny bras
Old 04-11-2015, 06:48 AM   #116  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittlesfirehawk View Post
Went to 2 diffrent lingerie stores other one had me in a 34g I like the 32 beyter and I was able to get prints and not granny bras
Thanks! I might go bra shopping next week.
Old 04-11-2015, 08:04 AM   #117  

Skittles-I have never heard of a size f or g bra, are you from the USA? Maybe I am more out of it than I thought. I don't wear bras much anymore.

I have been worried about shopping for new clothes because I read about how hard it was with the new sizing. I hate shopping for clothes anyway. Been known to wear clothes that were falling apart at the seams to garden in.

Last edited by Dynxagain; 04-11-2015 at 08:19 AM.
Old 04-11-2015, 09:21 AM   #118  

Quote:
Skittles-I have never heard of a size f or g bra, are you from the USA? Maybe I am more out of it than I thought. I don't wear bras much anymore.

I have been worried about shopping for new clothes because I read about how hard it was with the new sizing. I hate shopping for clothes anyway. Been known to wear clothes that were falling apart at the seams to garden in.
I am in the usa. Today I'm going shopping for new work shirts becuase all my work shirts look like sacks they are so huge it's not funny.im a waitress so I'm going to look for blouses and scoop necks. 127.0 today
Old 04-11-2015, 01:44 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

Bras go way past G, and in fact G is pretty common. I think it gets very hard once you're past K, but up to that is definitely possible from good bra suppliers. Bravissimo reckon the average size in the UK is 32F (E to Americans). Most people who wear bras are in the wrong size, usually too big over the back and too small in the cup. I'm really lucky that I have a broad chest, because at my height I should probably be a 24 over the back, AKA only able to get bras made in Poland. As it is, I think I'm a 30F-G, but due to disability issues I can't wear ordinary bras, so I live in Bravado Body Silk stretchy maternity bras which are WONDERFUL, and just about get away with the size that fits a 32E, bulging slightly at the top.

121.4 this morning.
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 02:16 PM   #120  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Thumbs up

Quote:

Thanks, everyone, for weighing in - so to speak! - on the bra issue. It's a very important topic that it seems I'm woefully uninformed in! I'm goint to have to follow your example, Skittles, and get the opinion of a professional or two, now that I'm near my final goal weight.

Dynx, I have been doing a lot of shopping at Goodwill during this weight loss journey. It's super fun, and you can get a lot for a little! And you can also pick things up for doing yard work or painting, etc., as you mentioned, that you are comfortable with.