Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 09-24-2012, 12:47 PM   #331  

Height: 5'4

New PR on my deadlifts today... whoot!

My dang foot is doing something weird though; running seems to make the top of my left foot swell up a bit. It's not painful, except that my shoes/boots put pressure on it. Amazingly, I managed to snag a doctor's appointment for tomorrow afternoon to have it looked at.

Military doctors though. *sigh* They'll probably just tell me to rest it and take some Motrin and won't actually have a clue what the problem with it is.
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:29 PM   #332  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Congrats on PR JossFit! I hope you figure out what's going on with your foot. My knee feels borked - not the knee so much as something interior. Yuck.

sumire More food = more awesome indeed. I often feel conflicted about deficit calories + getting "good enough" workouts.

Kicked my own behind with renegade rows today. I want to do MORE already!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:55 AM   #333  

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post
... I hope you figure out what's going on with your foot. My knee feels borked - not the knee so much as something interior. Yuck.
yeah, I have a doctor visit today to see what the deal is. Likely they'll tell me nothing useful today, but hopefully I can get a referral to a real doctor.

What is the deal with your knee? Have you seen anyone for it?
Old 09-25-2012, 11:21 AM   #334  
Staying the Same

I think I put too much pressure on it running down a steep hill. Just taking it easy and seeing if it goes away on its own - it's not a super sharp pain, just feels like an internal bruise.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:45 PM   #335  

S/C/G: 123/116/114 (or 110?)

YAY, I did it! I went back yesterday and faced the machines. Was half as bad as expected as I adjusted the weights to something more reasonable than what that lovely trainer-person suggested.
Going back on friday!
binge n yoyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:07 AM   #336  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Wow I've never seen this thread before!!!

I will be a featherweight after Halloween (baby due Oct 29th) and plan on a powerlifting competition in February 2013 (I have trained for many years). Look forward to joining! Not sure what my featherweight loss goal will be yet, it's impossible to say.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:54 PM   #337  
Staying the Same

Found a really good blog with lots of tips for strength training and scientific analysis

http://builtblog.wikidbody.com/2007/...takes-a-while/
Old 09-28-2012, 06:11 PM   #338  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

Can I count as a weight lifter? I primarily like to run but I do p90x 3 times a week to try and learn the basics... Legs and back today and by the end of the workout I had done 66 pull-ups! I had to tell someone but how random is that if I just call up a friend to brag about how many pull-ups I did? Haha

Krampus and jossfit- I hope those injuries heal up soon!!

Sacha- good luck with the new baby!
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:58 PM   #339  
Fitter, Happier, Awesomer

S/C/G: 168/maintaining 115-120

Height: 5' 6"

JossFit and krampus: Feel better, gals! Nice link, krampus.

binge n yoyo: Go you! Keep at it.

sacha: Welcome to the thread. I've long been inspired by your story, posts, & pics. Take care of yourself & the little bun in the oven!

danzingurl77: Everyone counts in this thread, but especially somebody who just did 66 pullups.
----

Did NOT want to lift or do anything today (felt fine physically, just not in it mentally), but I forced myself to go to the gym. (Commitment not motivation, commitment not motivation... ) I probably would have wussed out on my split squats, but I was working in with a guy who was doing good mornings at 95 pounds and I was so not going to change out plates to something lighter than that. So I did 4x8 at 95 pounds. I was somewhat pleased.

I feel like I've hardly made any progress in quite a while, though. I know I was (intermittently) focused on fat loss for a few months... and I know that for a while, I've been dealing with some pretty stressful life issues (with accompanying anxiety/depression) and not enough sleep (insomnia)... I know I should just be proud of myself for keeping up the healthy lifestyle. But dangitall, I'm tired of not instantly catapulting to she-hulk status. Rant over, blessings counted, etc.
sumire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:34 PM   #340  

I am NOT doing a great job posting in here am I? LOL

I've been pushing some fairly heavy weights lately, and hitting some new PRs randomly due to my increased calorie intake during September. That is fantastic, but due to the extra body mass I'm hauling around my pullups are starting to suffer!

So, now I'm going to employ some more advanced training techniques to cut down the pounds (21's, drop sets, etc.) and prioritize pull-ups at the beginning of each weightlifting session (well, most of them... 3 days a week I'll do those first).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sumire - I realize this is in no way a 'lightbulb' statement, but sometimes it's worth saying; just getting to the gym is half the battle. I have found that sometimes those days I really don't want to go end up being some of my best workouts, sometimes they suck, and sometimes they REALLY suck... but I've never once regretted doing a workout. Even if I feel defeated just FINISHING is good for me mentally.
I think whether it's adhering to a 'diet' or sticking it out in the gym day after day, we all experience burn-out or fatigue at some point. The trick is working through those patches and coming out stronger (both literally and figuratively) on the other end.

Danzingurl - Everyone is welcome! Those of us that post in here regularly try to use some pretty intense weights, but it's all relative. Those P90X workouts and kick your ***!

Sacha - That's so exciting about your Halloween baby! I'm super impressed that you're already planning on doing a powerlifting competition just 3-4 months later... wow! Have you done them before?
What has your training program looked like during your pregnancy?
Old 10-01-2012, 12:37 AM   #341  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

Thank you to sumire and jossfit for the warm welcome! ;-)

Sumire- I hope you start to see and feel some progress soon! It's so frustrating to feel stagnant...

Jossfit- way to go on the new PR's! I came across your bodybuilding.com transformation success story and I've got to say I'm very impressed and inspired!!

I just realized- this week is my last week of P90x, and I don't really know where to go from here! I have p90x 2... But I've heard a lot of great things about the NROL... With a gameplan I can totally push myself and improve but if I were just to walk in to the weights section of a gym with nothing but my own very limited knowledge I would probably cry and run away :P any suggestions of how to create a new program for myself??
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:55 AM   #342  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

I am pumped for my workout today!

Back when I joined my gym I got kind of talked into signing a year contract for personal training. Just 2 sessions a month, but I've regretted it ever since (because of the money). That being said, I LOVE my trainer, and my workout today is with her. I definitely workout much harder when she trains me, and she's very encouraging. It also doesn't hurt that she is 41 and looks younger than I do, and has a body that I can aspire to.

Anyway. I posted this pic over in the resistance training forum, but I love it so much I wanted to post it here to.

LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:54 AM   #343  

I have to say that the last picture in there is right up my alley. Her waist is a bit wide for my taste, but I'm diggin her arms... good stuff!
Old 10-12-2012, 09:24 PM   #344  
Fitter, Happier, Awesomer

S/C/G: 168/maintaining 115-120

Height: 5' 6"

JossFit: Thanks for the much needed wisdom / reminder. One day & one workout at a time... Hope your workouts are still going well & your physique shaping up like you want it.

danzingurl77: I finished NROL4W earlier this year. (Prior to that I was also doing P90x/Tony Horton One on One stuff, and then a few months break where I was only doing very basic maintenance lifting.) I really enjoyed NROL-- it gave me some structure, made me work harder and lift heavier, and helped me get my bearing in the weight room.

LockItUp: Nice pic. Hope your workouts are going well. (I noticed in another thread that you hit "normal weight"-- I should congratulate you over there, but hey, I'm here right now, so CONGRATS. )
---

Still plugging along, lifts edging up ever so slightly. Running going well. Did a couple of 4-milers this week at 9:40min/mi pace, and a 7-miler at 10:45mm. My times are almost not embarrassing to me now.

I swear, though, my body just likes to do the opposite of what I want it to do. Toward the end of my few months of fat loss, I was run down and beaten up and I had stopped losing quickly, so I decided, ok, I'll maintain, and I'm even ok with gaining a little. More food!! And ever since, I've been struggling to keep my weight up due to anxiety issues. I know, first world problems, but blah.
sumire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:53 AM   #345  
Mogzy

S/C/G: 160/147/135

Height: 5.4.5

Hi everyone, I'm new, I've enjoyed reading this forum and love hearing about how strong you all are, partly jealous but mostly inspired. I'm not sure I should be posting here because I have inflammatory arthritis and have a lot of challenges with lifting heavy, can't do dead lifts or anything that loads my spine too much, also have to keep within the 12 rep range. Today though I pushed 100kgs, 200 lbs on the leg press, up from 60kg /130lbs 2 months ago, so am quite pleased with myself and wanted to share (:
Mogzillo is offline   Reply With Quote