Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 08:01 AM   #46  
Grandma on the Go!

S/C/G: 143/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Help

My weight tracker disappeared and I have not been able to get it back.

Last edited by danni; 03-05-2010 at 08:02 AM.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:57 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 133/132/118

Hey Feather weights! I guess i haven't really checked into this thread for a while! I have been too busy keeping on track through some of the challenges through 3FC.... so here is a little update:

I am 121.5 pounds. I haven't really seen the scale move for a while. My goal is to get to 119 pounds for the month. That would just make me so happy!

I have been working out at least 5 times a week. This is wonderful and i feel great about this.

I have been eating pretty healthy, i have stayed with in my calorie limit of 1100-1400 most days. Some times i go a bit over, but i haven't really blown it big time in 2 weeks or so.

I am trying to stop smoking. I realized that that is the only way i can push myself harder in my work outs, so it is my goal for the month, stop for real and for 100% this time!

Anyways, I hope everyone is doing well!
Old 03-05-2010, 08:58 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 133/132/118

Danni-

My weight ticker has disappeared as well, wonder what on earth happened to that little bugger.....
Old 03-05-2010, 09:54 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 185/161/148

Height: 5'5"

tkm, where do you get these tumaros (I'm always looking for good new carbs) and how much hummus do you use?

Well, the "week-one water weight" is falling off me, which is so exciting. ALways thought it must be nature's way of giving us encouragement at the start. Now I'm into this!

SusanB, thanks for mentioning fitday, I'm logged on and got really into it. I always heard it helps to write down what you eat/do, but I can't be bothered with a print journal. This resource is fabulous, at least for me right now.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:16 PM   #50  
Fighting the Good Fight

Height: 5'1"

Just really grateful it's Friday! I've been dragging through the week with some sort of "Day Care" virus my son brought home two weeks ago that is still hanging on. Dead tired after 10 hours sleep...

So I got my new plan in hand last night and am leading an expedition to the health food store tomorrow to locate some especially fiber-rich breads. Might even give stevia a try as well.

This diet calls for extremely low sugar content and I'm surrounded by bowls full of miniature candy bars all over the suite where I work. Of course my nemesis never fails to offer me a handful a couple times a day, but I have resisited all this time. It's those other less noticeable amounts of sugar in the other stuff I eat that I'm trying to hunt down and eliminate. We'll see how it goes.

Despite fatigue, I've managed 3 half-hour sessions on my exercise bike this week. If I can manage one more before Sunday, I'll call it good enough for the week.

I wish you all the best of weekends!

spanky

Last edited by spanky; 03-05-2010 at 02:17 PM.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:48 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 145/ticker/125

Height: 5' 2"

Joan: I bought the tortillas at Kroger, in the International section they're putting in the new stores. It's fantastic: I never thought a big chain like that in southern Indiana would be offering low-carb tortillas, a zillion sauces, sushi rice and roasted seaweed!

I don't understand why I've been so thirsty latley. Last night I could not get to sleep; I kept getting up for another drink of water. And still, when I woke up, I was parched and downed a big glass before weighing. So naturally it was up a little to 129.8, which was disheartening. But then I did my three miles to get back to baseline, chugged another big glass, and weighed again: 128.4. I figure the "real" number is somewhere in between

And for me, ALL the tickers are broken. I can't see anyone's signature at all. They'll probably get it fixed in a few days, though.
Old 03-05-2010, 04:43 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 151/151 /136

Spritely thought - Spring is almost here

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanky View Post
I'm surrounded by bowls full of miniature candy bars all over the suite where I work. Of course my nemesis never fails to offer me a handful a couple times a day, but I have resisted all this time.
This would be very hard for me. I have to walk past vending machines everyday, but having to pay is a good deterrent.

tkm256 I had a problem being thirsty too. My dh suggested drinking Gatorade with my next workout and it worked. Also, his Grandma sucks on lemon drops to help with dry mouth.

teacher25 After joining 3fc 7 months ago, I was finally able to start losing those extra 20 lbs - something I wasn't able to do the 15 yrs prior. I read tons of diet books and bought lots of workout equipment, but it has been sharing the real life, daily successes and struggles of people trying to get healthier just like me that has made the difference.

stella1609 on losing inches and finding a lifestyle that is really working for you.

I miss my ticker too I just love seeing the little racing snail I hope it comes back soon.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:07 PM   #53  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

I was so excited for my 5th OP day to start this month out well, then DH says he thinks he "needs" to eat out tonight due to a rough day at work. Yikes!!! I LOVE the place he wants to go and their food is SO good. How the heck can I be expected to stay OP there? AGHH!!!!!!
Old 03-05-2010, 05:09 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I'm quite quite addicted to my laptop. DS#2 gave it to me for Christmas. I sit here with my feet on the coffee table and my laptop in my lap. Lite beer! A nice Friday evening.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:42 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 145/ticker/125

Height: 5' 2"

Lemon drops...hm. I like hard candies. The next time I'm at Goodwill I'll grab one of those bags--I'm a sucker for black licorice
Old 03-05-2010, 09:08 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Height: 5'1

Thanks so much for the warm welcomes! Its nice to feel support right away. Day 1 did not go so well. We went on a field trip (Danni, I'm sure you know what I mean) and even though I was running after 5 year olds all day (that counts as exercise, right???) I did NOT get a chance to work out after work.

So....I begin tomorrow. Another day, another chance, right?

TKM-I've been really thirsty too. Which is good since I really want a minigoal to be drink more water. Guess its the body's way of saying do it already!
Old 03-05-2010, 09:18 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 151/151 /136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Perception View Post
I was so excited for my 5th OP day to start this month out well, then DH says he thinks he "needs" to eat out tonight due to a rough day at work. Yikes!!! I LOVE the place he wants to go and their food is SO good. How the heck can I be expected to stay OP there? AGHH!!!!!!
I see 3 options 1) Find a "healthy" choice on the menu - if possible 2) Use portion control to stay within calories or 3) Have a splurge meal like a few eating plans suggest 1x a week. Seeing your progress, it shouldn't be too much of a roadblock. Whatever you do enjoy time with DH!
Old 03-06-2010, 08:37 AM   #58  
Grandma on the Go!

S/C/G: 143/127/125

Scale showed 128.5 this morning. New lowest number this trip.
I'm doing a little jig. But I usually visit a number a time or two before I can count it as the real deal.

Susan - I am writing on my new laptop. I love it!
This is the first time I have gotten a new computer for myself. I usually just inherit the old technology equipment when my DH upgrades to a new computer, phone, or camera.

Food choices are going good. Need to get exercise on a more consistent routine. Still forget to drink water as much as possible. Haven't been able to completely give up the occasional diet coke - but not drinking one everyday like I did when I was working.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:51 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 185/161/148

danni, well done, how great is it to be in the 20s. I remember that number, many moons ago.

Yesterday I stuck to plan perfectly and am down another half pound. Now the weekend will be a test--sons and husband home, more cooking, different routine, invited to an Oscar gathering on Sunday with wine and Mexican casserole on the menu. Oh, and rain.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:48 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 140/132/110

Height: 5'3

Ooooh, I'm feeling so unmotivated. The scale was up a pound and a half... I was really hoping to see 125.9 this week... I've never, ever seen that number. But I ate so poorly yesterday because I was hanging out with friends at night, stupid Friday night, and I don't feel like going to the gym at alllll. I just feel like downing coffee with a pound of sugar mixed in it. Ugh.

Last edited by SeventeenTheStar; 03-06-2010 at 11:48 AM.
Closed Thread