Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 03:12 PM   #166  
Grandma on the Go!

S/C/G: 143/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Hi Silverstar - we are pretty good about checking in to give support and ask for help. Good luck with the week ahead. I do good on my plan as long as I'm at home. I haven't learned to eat as clean when I'm out running around town.

Sorry about the snow - we just got home from buying our first flowers to plant in the yard. Wish I could send you some sunshine.

Dani
Old 03-20-2010, 03:47 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 186/155/maintaining

Silverstar, it's not snowing here, but it sure is yucky!! Hard to get that motivation to be outside when it's drizzling.

I've been reading up a lot on running since I started, and there was one quote in an article about how you'll "feel 50% more hardcore if you run in the rain." That stuck with me, hehe, and I'm sure it can be applied to any sort of outdoor exercise.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:15 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 167/148.2/144

Height: 5'8"

Hi ladies,
Thanks! I bummed around for a while this morning before I really started thinking and realized that it's not about exercising when the weather is nice or when I feel like. So, I walked to Dunkin Donuts for my black coffee (two miles) came home, cleaned a little, walked to Target (five miles) came home, had some lunch, and walked to the gym (1.5 miles) to do eight miles on the treadmill. 16.5 miles total today (I love my pedometer)! Boy am I tired!

I need to treat exercise like I treat my job - gotta do it even on the days I don't feel like it.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:48 PM   #169  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

It would be nice to be paid while treating exercise like a job. In cash - not just rewards on the scale and pants o meter.
I went to WW this AM and their scale showed a bit of success - so i have renewed hope.
Sad thing was - one woman at the meeting lost almost as much as i have in her 1st week....and i have been at it for 7 now
Well who said life was fair right?
I went cross country skiing this afternoon - only my 2nd time this year (because the mtn was closed for the Olympics) it was hard work to say the least. Super tired now - time for a bath.
Have a great Saturday night everyone.
S
Old 03-21-2010, 10:50 AM   #170  

S/C/G: 167/148.2/144

sznn All you can do is celebrate your victory! I love watching The Biggest Loser, it gives me so much motivation to keep going, but sometimes it frustrates me to see people hitting such big numbers, and I'm hitting such small ones. But you have to keep in mind if someone is much bigger than you to begin with, they are going to have much more dramatic losses, then I remind myself I wouldn't want to switch places since they have such a long journey in front of them. Sorry for the ramble!
Old 03-21-2010, 03:34 PM   #171  
better, faster, stronger

S/C/G: 150/131.5/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Hi guys, been lurking but haven't posted in a while. This is my third week at a solid 140.4... at least I haven't gained, but man, I just wanna break this plateau. I'm gonna pay super-close attention to how I eat and exercise this week... 'cause obviously SOMETHING here isn't working.

Hope you all have had a great weekend!
Old 03-21-2010, 08:43 PM   #172  

S/C/G: 205/172/125

Height: 5'1

Hi Feathers......

I've been MIA for the past week or so, because I was vacationing in Disney World with my family. Had a blast, but ate a ton. And I do mean a ton....it was pretty bad on the eating front. I started out just trying to eat well at breakfast and lunch, but having what I wanted at dinner. By the end of the week, I pretty much ate poorly throughout the day, and had desserts and snacks. Oh, well. I weigh every Tuesday, so I haven't yet been able to assess the damage, but i don't think it will be pretty. The one thing I'm proud of is that I forced myself to continue with my couch to 5K training program while on vacation. So, I ran 3 times in the mornings before heading to the parks. This was a really good thing, and something I NEVER would've believed I'd be doing while on vacation. But I did it, and I am proud that I stuck with it. I did a ton of walking also, so maybe the damage won't be so bad, but I'm feeling a little pudgier and the pants have gotten a little tighter. UGH!

I am back on plan, and amazingly I really am craving healthier foods after my week of being bad. I had been having stomach aches and indigestion, nightmares and all kinds of ill effects from the poor eating. Not that it deterred me, LOL. It's really kinda crazy how quickly you can get back into poor habits. It's scary!

Congrats on all the losses. I'll report back and let you know how much I gained this Tuesday. My fingers are crossed that it's not too bad, because i have a lot of other temptations coming up in the near future.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:35 AM   #173  

S/C/G: 168/144.8/115

Height: 4'11''

Hello! Can I join this thread? It looks fun
Old 03-22-2010, 05:27 AM   #174  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Of course you can join. And we are fun!

I spent the weekend with my daughter and granddaughter and had a wonderful time. We had a 'primal' girls weekend and I actually lost weight (just a smidge) but waaay better than most weekends that I'm away from home.

I'm with Skyra ... I'm so sick of being "just over" 130 lbs. This will be the week, I'm sure.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:22 AM   #175  
Grandma on the Go!

Kellost - So glad you got to enjoy your week at Disney. Just yesterday my son and I were talking about doing a family vacation at disney next year. I think is great you were able to get in a 3 mile morning run and you know you had do to miles of walking. There is no way I'm going someplace like that and eat salads all the time - not even going to kid myself --- but I know what you mean about wanting to get back on the clean bandwagon. That shows us that our bodies really Do like clean eating best.

Kamesnnin - welcome! Great group here.

I have had a bad week and certainly don't have anything great like Disney to blame it on. I was so proud to finally move the chicken down to 128 and now I'm back up to 129.5 for the last week. Don't know why I'm overeating again. : But Monday is always a good day for a fresh start so here goes --- one more time.

Last edited by danni; 03-22-2010 at 06:24 AM.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:14 AM   #176  

S/C/G: 185/161/148

Height: 5'5"

Ahem.....slinking in here after a Lost Weekend......the foodaholic who was so cocky just a few days ago fell off the wagon with a thud and went on a major bender. I'm not even gonna post my weight. Let's just say it's stunning how fast the scale goes back up (compared to how slowly it goes down). All my hard work of three weeks down the tube.

I will cut myself a bit of slack becuase there was a "reason" for it....but I need to learn to withstand the pressure of that kind of reason.

Ok, off to my Fitday log, which I've been too ashamed even to log onto for two days.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:36 AM   #177  
Grandma on the Go!

Joan - let's try to get back on track today.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:41 AM   #178  

S/C/G: 185/161/148

Height: 5'5"

I'm game, danni. I didn't enjoy my binge at all. Got that 'hangover' now.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:42 AM   #179  

S/C/G: 186/155/maintaining

Kellost, sounds like you had a fabulous trip, and kudos to you for sticking with your plan! You'll be back on track in no time. Funny how your body was warning you about your diet faux pas

Kamesennin, welcome to this thread! I just joined not long ago--these ladies are really sweet.

Danni and Joan, sorry you had some rough days--I bet some of the increases you are seeing is just water and you'll get back down quickly once you get back on plan.

Susan, good luck on 129 this week!!!

I just did my 2 1/4 mi. jog V-E-R-Y S-L-O-W-L-Y. My 5K is four weeks away, so I'm doing 2 1/4 mi. runs this week and adding 1/4 mi. each week until race day. I hope that the wind and cold had something to do with my poor time, and I'm trying to convince myself that if I can jog for the whole 5K it doesn't matter how slow I go. It's hard, though!

Last edited by stella1609; 03-22-2010 at 11:43 AM.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:42 AM   #180  
Ilene the Bean

kamesennin

Doan and danni, let`s all get on track today... Last week was my march break and I wasn`t vigilant with my food... I also have a cold today, I think I will skip running but will go to the gym tonight...
Closed Thread