Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 05:01 AM   #196  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

You running/jogging people are impressing me! I'm so proud of you!

Weights for me yesterday. It felt very good!
Old 03-23-2010, 07:12 AM   #197  
Grandma on the Go!

S/C/G: 143/127/125

Height: 5'4"

129 this morning. Down 1/2 pound.

My scale says one thing when I first get on and then when I step back right back on it will have a different reading. Usually 1 lb. to 1/2 lb difference. I guess it is time to buy a new scale.

Let's all keep our trains on track on this Terrific Tuesday!

I'm going to the gym today and check my store for some flaxseed.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:41 AM   #198  

S/C/G: 185/161/148

Height: 5'5"

Danni, the same happens with my scale--such a tease. Sometimes it actually shows a REALLY low weight. It's thrilling for a nanosecond.

Anyway, congrats on the .5!

I got back on the wagon yesterday, whew. Ever notice that if you've binged on salty things, you really have to beat back an overall increased craving for MORE salt?

Just got an invite to an Easter brunch where all my friends and acquaintances will be in their spring outfits.....which I admit motivates me from a jealousy/wanna-look-good standpoint. I know, I know....I need to lose weight for ME, not them...but, hey, whatever works, right?
Old 03-23-2010, 08:53 AM   #199  
Ilene the Bean

On flaxseed, I've read that it's better to ground your own flax seed than buying it already ground. When it's already ground it's considered flax meal and ground very fine, too finely. When you ground it yourself you should ground it just enough to crack it, this way it sweeps your intestinal track and cleans everything away. Plus it's much cheaper to buy it whole and ground it yourself. I bought a cheap coffee grinder to grind my flaxseeds. Just my 2 cents ....
Old 03-23-2010, 12:36 PM   #200  

S/C/G: 145/ticker/125

Height: 5' 2"

Hi guys; I haven't checked in for about a week because (a) I've been celebrating my (and my sweetie's) birthday with lots of red meat and cake, and (b) it's four days until TOM, so the needle on that scale will not budge. Every single day it's 128.2, though that may be because I have a really old, cheap scale.

So...I've come to the conclusion that humans run on solar power. Exercising in the mornings with bright sunlight streaming through the window is so much easier than it was in dreary winter!
Old 03-23-2010, 01:21 PM   #201  
Grandma on the Go!

Did my gym routine!

Ilene - Bought Milled Flax Seed (Hodgson Mill Brand) at the store. It is very fine. Your info sounds better - but I guess I will have to try a health food store to find whole flaxseed.

I am working on adding protien and fiber. It seems to be working as far as keeping me from being hungry. I think last week I didn't eat enough of the high density foods and all of a sudden I was hungry and craving things - 2 nights of night eating was scary.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:26 PM   #202  

S/C/G: 205/172/125

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene View Post
On flaxseed, I've read that it's better to ground your own flax seed than buying it already ground. When it's already ground it's considered flax meal and ground very fine, too finely. When you ground it yourself you should ground it just enough to crack it, this way it sweeps your intestinal track and cleans everything away. Plus it's much cheaper to buy it whole and ground it yourself. I bought a cheap coffee grinder to grind my flaxseeds. Just my 2 cents ....
I may have to try this once my bag of pre-ground stuff runs out! Thanks Ilene!
Old 03-23-2010, 03:30 PM   #203  

S/C/G: 205/172/125

Height: 5'1

Okay guys........my Disney eating sins resulted in a 3lb gain!! Ugh! And that was with miles of walking and 3 mornings of jogging while on vacation. I'd hate to see what the gain may have been if I hadn't exercised! It was definitely not a sedentary vacation. I was on my feet walking from morning until night! It's frustrating, but it's my own fault for overindulging in foods, I guess. I'm not TOO upset, but I wish I could find a balance between losing and gaining weight. It's like, I either am losing or gaining. Never hardly maintaining at all. I'm staying firmly on track this week and hopefully it will be gone before I know it. Or at least gone before my next temptations. I was one pound from my goal of 125 and now I'm at 129 (one pound shy of 130 again). UGH!
Old 03-23-2010, 03:35 PM   #204  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by danni View Post
Doughnut - TV series: We watch Midsomer Murders. This week we also tried Secondsight. If you have any you like please let me know.

Ipswich: My husband was stationed at an Air Force Base there. Is it still there or did they close it down? Or was it an English Base? Is it still there? We were suppose to be there 3 years, but they made a mistake and sent us back to the States after 6 months.

Ah well you already watch the best if you watch Midsomer. If you like that kind of sleepy English drama then I'd also recommend George Gently, Morse and Lewis if they're available. Morse is from the 80s and 90s but wears very well. The other two are current. If you're up for something way more gruesome then Wire in the Blood and Messiah are excellent; especially the former.

I didn't know of an airforce base in Ipswich but then 1967 is before my time. There is certainly still an American airbase at RAF Woodbridge which is only a few miles from Ipswich. I went to boarding school in Woodbridge and have many friends in Ipswich so I know the area well.

Having a good on plan time at the moment but am still longing for Easter Sunday when Lent ends and I'm going to have a slice of cake! Well done to all of you runners - I'm so impressed - impressed but too lazy to do it myself!

Last edited by Doughnut; 03-23-2010 at 03:37 PM.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:53 PM   #205  
Grandma on the Go!

Doughnut - Thanks for the new titles. I found a Lord Peter Wimsey DVD today in the library. Will look for the others online.

That is probably the same airbase. We just lived in Ipswich. What great fun to talk to you - small world and all that.

I am not a runner - but after 2 months on going to the gym (Only been getting there once a week lately) I can really tell a difference. Now I just take off and run a lap or two because I feel good. I do try and get in some activity at home during the week. Just bought some exercise bands yesterday and picked up a walking DVD at library today. A little here and a little there adds up in the long run.

Kellost - I am at 129 today also. I got as close as 128 to my goal of 125 before things when crazy. Let's encourage each other.

Go Kellost Go
Old 03-23-2010, 04:07 PM   #206  
MountainChick

S/C/G: 135/134/115

Height: 5'2"

Feeling motivated today!

Has anyone tried calorie restriction? I was thinking about giving that a go, but am unsure how many calories would be appropriate.

I do have a healthy diet with fruits & veggies & I'll be careful to get my nutritional needs met.

I will "think skinny" for the rest of the day. Good luck all!
Old 03-23-2010, 06:45 PM   #207  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellost View Post
Okay guys........my Disney eating sins resulted in a 3lb gain!! Ugh! And that was with miles of walking and 3 mornings of jogging while on vacation. I'd hate to see what the gain may have been if I hadn't exercised! It was definitely not a sedentary vacation. I was on my feet walking from morning until night! It's frustrating, but it's my own fault for overindulging in foods, I guess. I'm not TOO upset, but I wish I could find a balance between losing and gaining weight. It's like, I either am losing or gaining. Never hardly maintaining at all. I'm staying firmly on track this week and hopefully it will be gone before I know it. Or at least gone before my next temptations. I was one pound from my goal of 125 and now I'm at 129 (one pound shy of 130 again). UGH!
me too, me too!! When DH and I go on vacation we must walk 10-15k per day, eat nicely but not overly, I still gain very discouraging... Imagine if we had a sedentary holiday ... I never maintain, I lose or gain, grrrrr....

Food is good today, but no exercise I'm still coughing a lot, but tomorrow I'm going to the gym for sure though ...
Old 03-24-2010, 05:54 AM   #208  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!

In an effort to get over my argh-natiousness at hovering just above 130, I did my measurements this morning. According to fitday, in the last 4 weeks, I have lost 1 in. from my bust, 1 in. from my hips and 1.5 inches from my waist.

That almost makes up for the hovering scale thing

With a few blips during the first two weeks, I've been eating according to Primal Blueprint.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:34 AM   #209  
Grandma on the Go!

Wonderful Wednesday to all!

Susan - I went to the gym yesterday -and even exercised at home watching TV and ate clean. The scale went up 1/2 pound. So I got out the tape measure and sure enough I had lost a few inches just from a few weeks ago.

I look and feel so much better than I did when I started this journey at 143. I was eating junk and could hardley walk without limping - now I'm running laps and lifting weights.

So I am going to this number and celebrate this day.

It is going to be 75 degrees today. I'm going to plant a few flowers.

This journey continues - make sure you enjoy each day along the way - you don't get any of them back.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:50 AM   #210  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by danni View Post
This journey continues - make sure you enjoy each day along the way - you don't get any of them back.
Awww what a beaufiful saying

Scale was down this morning, not an all time low, but I intend to get there ....

I've noticed that almost all my back fat is gone, when my arms are up it goes away ... before it was always there arms up or not ... It's going to be a good day for us all I can tell
Closed Thread