Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 08:29 AM   #136  
Grandma on the Go!

S/C/G: 143/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning,
The dear scale was down to 132 this morning. One pound to go so that I match the current weight under my name and one more pound to go before I hit 130 again (which I had just reached before the beach trip).

It's all about making choices and living with the consequences. The book I am reading this week talks about that. Since I am not on a diet again, but a making a change to a Healthy Lifestyle I will make choices and then I will work them into my plan for the day and then I will take the time to enjoy my choice instead of feeling guilty. But the most important thing I must learn to do is not let one choice to make me feel like a failure and then derail my whole program.
So instead of going hog wild because I make a choice to include one treat - enjoy your choice and then get right back OP. I wonder if that is possible?

I am not on a diet!! I am living a Healthy Life in the real world!

Last edited by danni; 02-23-2010 at 08:30 AM.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:50 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

That's a good note Danni, thanks for that.

I had a bout of gastro yesterday. The only things I could get down were soda biscuits and ginger ale. Neither of these is on my list of good healthy things, but I had to have something. I didn't need a hypoglycemic migraine on top of everything else.
I'm not going to gain 30 lbs back because of them. I'll probably not eat much of them today ....

BTW ... on the topic of having junk in the house ... I had to wait for my son to come home from work to go buy me some gingerale and crackers. Luckily, I slept most of the day.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:50 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 205/172/125

Height: 5'1

Hi Feathers!!!!!!

I weighed in at 127 today, which is 2 pounds from my original goal of 125. I'm thinking I'm going to adjust my goal downward just a little to 119, but for now I'm just itchin' to meet the 125 goal. I just wanna do the victory dance of meeting that goal, LOL. Maybe in the next 2 weeks or so??? I'm hoping....fingers crossed!

I started week 2 of the Couch to 5K program today. Not too bad so far. I wouldn't exactly say I enjoy running, but I do feel good afterwards. My neighbor told me it took her 6 months before she actually started to "like" running. Hmmm..I hope I can stick with it long enough to experience that. I love walking, but running is a little harder to love, LOL.

I want to wish everyone the best!! Susan, hope you are feeling better. Emma, Danni, and Ms., hang in there......you can do it!!!!!!! This is such a great board to be able to post to!
Old 02-23-2010, 02:20 PM   #139  
Grandma on the Go!

Susan - hope you are soon bouncing back!
Also thank you so much for that blog link - I really enjoy her blog.
One quote she included really made me smile: It said, "Don't eat anything that does rot. Real food goes bad in a couple of days."
Think about it - makes sense. Skip the processed chemicals!!!

Kellost - I am so happy for you. It must feel awesome to be so near your goal. I will be so excited to reach the 120's again.I may have to adjust my first goal ( once I reach it). I'm not ever getting off my "life plan" --- but I will continue to moniter my food and exercise closely untill those fat rolls are gone. Then I will work on maintaining.

I think maintaining will look alot like how I eat now with a few more calories some days. I am losing - but I am losing slower than ever before because this time my focus is on health - not just losing a certain number of pounds.

Last edited by danni; 02-23-2010 at 02:21 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:18 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 140/132/110

Height: 5'3

Hey, feathers!

Today I walked 2 miles (in heels! in the snow!) from my high school classroom observation... so are the trials of being an education major without a car. My usual ride bailed on me. I had called a taxi in the morning, but missed it coming back, and so I just sucked it up and walked. I felt so good about myself afterward. Amazing what a self-esteem boost a little extra calorie burn in my day does for me. Just wanted to share!
Old 02-24-2010, 11:24 AM   #141  

S/C/G: 173/152.2/130

Height: 57"

Seventeen--yay!! That's fun, a little unexpected cardio!!
Old 02-24-2010, 11:52 AM   #142  

Bouncing back here! Walked uptown for errands this morning and that feels worlds better. I did not wear heels

I'm still struggling to find something that sits well in my tummy. I'm trying a banana.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:39 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 145/ticker/125

Height: 5' 2"

SusanB: I'm glad you're feeling better. Stomach bugs are the worst. When I'm sick I subsist on juice pops and white bread--definitely not "healthy" but easy to digest!
Old 02-24-2010, 04:35 PM   #144  

Soda biscuits and ginger ale .... ugh ... oh and black coffee

TKM ... Last year my husband and I had the distinct pleasure of being invited to go on a missions trip to an orphanage in Mexico. Love them loverly kiddies. This year, I could not go. DH just got back and brought me a note from some of my best buddies. TKM ... they say te kiero mucho -or- love ya lots. It makes me smile every time I see your username.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:16 PM   #145  

The lovely Featherweights Mod Ilene posted this on another thread and I love it!

http://www.fitnessandfreebies.com/health/top18.html
Old 02-25-2010, 12:35 PM   #146  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 165/142/123

132.8 this morning. idk if its legit but im going to do everything in my power to keep it a 2 (until it goes to a 1 of course....then on downward)
so ya, im pretty ecstatic about that. maybe this is a sign that my body is ready to lose some more weight!
Old 02-25-2010, 07:35 PM   #147  

Good evening!

I am feeling sooo much better today. I worked and while I was draggin' late in the afternoon ... it was fine.

Today is also the first day I've had a reasonable amount of decent food (read here actual vegetables and some cheese).

In fact, I think I'll get on the elliptical for a while.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:14 AM   #148  
Grandma on the Go!

Susan - so glad that you are better.
I want to thank you for all the suggestions you
have made about different places to find good
information to help us on the journey.
I have enjoyed all of the suggestions - keep them coming.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:46 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 145/ticker/125

Height: 5' 2"

Today I did a little experiment:

Right after waking up: 130.6
After breakfast (and using the bathroom): 130.0
After workout: 129.0

My sweetie thinks this is perfectly normal, but I think my scale is broken. He says I lost "water weight" while exercising, but I'm pretty sure I didn't sweat out an entire POUND by walking three miles =/
Old 02-26-2010, 04:27 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 205/172/125

Height: 5'1

Tkm.....you just can't trust the scale, can you? I've been really making an effort to not get hung up on the numbers. Sometimes the number can literally make or break my day. When I remind myself that this is a lifestyle, and not so much a quest for a magical number, I seem to get a better attitude about it all. It's amazing how much our weight can vary within hours. Also, I did have a scale that was just WAY too inconsistent all the time, and I had to get rid of it, so that could be the problem also.

As for me.....I've been on plan perfectly with food for quite a while now! I've been exercizing my little heart out, especially with doing the Couch to 5K training. I must confess that I have desires to head to a favorite pizzeria this Saturday. I've done this once in awhile during my weight loss, and this weekend might be the weekend. BAD GIRL!!!!! But I'll just confess it here right now, LOL. My challenge for myself is to limit it to just the pizza. In other words, not to go on a crazy food binge that lasts the whole day. So my plan is to run in the morning, eat healthy for the other 2 meals, then go ahead and enjoy the pizza.

I'm Catholic and gave up candy for Lent. Wow....this was major! I didn't realize really how much candy I was eating. It seems my kids always bring home candy from parties, etc, and I dabble in it more often than I should. Well, since giving it up, my snacking has been reigned in majorly! I am not craving snacks like I was before. I think the sugar was really triggering snack cravings for me. It's been really interesting to take an honest look at it, and see how eliminating all that sugar really helps.

One problem I have with Lent is that I cannot have meat on Fridays. I do not eat seafood/fish of any kind. I've tried, but it's just not my thing. So I've been relying mainly on beans for protein. It's been tough. I had a reduced fat mac and cheese today, and while it tasted good, it didn't really sustain me like a grilled chicken breast or turkey sandwich does. I'm making black bean burritos tonight.

Wishing all you Feathers a great weekend!!!!!! Thanks for "listening"!
Closed Thread