Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 11-30-2009, 08:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Default Featherweights Plan and Chat in December

Tomorrow is the first day of a brand new month!

I need a do over of November. I don't think I fixed any of the things I was supposed to be working on

I will work on the lifting thing. I will start a new exercise ticker. But ... I don't know about my percentages. The holidays might be something I just have to chug through just keeping my calories in line.

Oh and in summary for November ... I lost less than 2 lbs but I shrunk! The clothing NSV's more than make up for the vagarities of the scale.

Last edited by srmb60; 11-30-2009 at 08:24 PM. Reason: spelling
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Checking in

November - Finished losing the weight I had gained; have started (just barely) exercising again (yoga).

December - Continue the yoga and get strong again; start cooking all my own food again! Quit the Diet Coke ... again. Stay away from mediocre sweets.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:18 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

Hi Susan (and everyone else)

Just checking in. No, I didn't disapper but I did start a new job a couple of weeks ago so I've been real busy. My old company went out of business at the end of June. It was quite a blow as I had been working there for 9 years.

I was drawing unemployment since June and looking real hard for a job and I finally landed one a couple of weeks ago. It's in the accounting department for a large car dealership and boy do I have a lot to learn , I think my brain had fallen asleep in my old job cause it sure is alot more active the last couple of weeks .

Anyway, I've pretty much stayed the same "weight wise" so I guess that's a good thing. Hopefully I can try to get back to consentrating on my diet in the near future.

Just wanted to check in. Hope everyone has a great December!
abbyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:37 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 160/160/120

Height: 5'5

Hi! Im new here! My goal for december is to make better food choices and show some restraint with postion control! I am also trying to quit soda - i have been drink full fat soda. i would love to lose 5 lbs this month. I need to start excersing as well. I may try some yoga not sure yet - i need to go look at some videos.
jenniferk525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:45 PM   #5  

Hi and welcome Jennifer!

Hi Julie ... strong and slender! That's an awesome combination.

Abby ... I'm so glad you got a new job! You did very well not to gain while going through such a life cahnge.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:46 PM   #6  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Hi everyone!

November was better than October (at least the last half was) for getting back into the mindset of losing. I did much, much better at getting into the pool, and I did gain a lot of strength and speed.

For December, I need to tiptoe back into some bodyweight exercises and get serious about stretching. I'm already bulking up (eek!) and the last thing I need is short muscle. I would LIKE to exit the month at 148, but I don't exactly know what's going to happen. I plan to be careful about what I eat ... but I AM going to have an odd glass of eggnog this year. My "sacrifice" will be to go with a lower-fat version instead of making my own - which might save about 600 calories a glass !
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:28 AM   #7  

Eggnog is just wickedly delicious!

After struggling for a couple of weeks, I had a magic swoosh this morning. I'm 135.4 lbs

Yesterday's food was good in quantity if not quality and I did 40 minutes on the elliptical. It felt meaningful and good to be back on track.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:25 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 205/172/125

Height: 5'1

Well, I was up about 1/2 pound at today's weigh in. I hate gaining, but I guess it wasn't so bad given the Thanksgiving holiday weekend and poor eating choices. I need to work hard to lose in December. I would love to be anywhere in the 120's by New Years (even 129), but we shall see. My focus this month needs to be exercise and keeping the snacking in-check. That's my goal.
kellost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 10:27 AM   #9  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

susan - whooshes rock!
jennifer - hi and welcome!
abbyin - good to see you back, and major congrats on getting job in this economy! Always good to be learning something new, even if it's stressful. Remember to chow on the healthy fats - they support brain function!
julie - Do you use videos to do yoga, or do you already know the moves? I'd like to get started with a good beginner's video - any recommendations? I took a class once and enjoyed it tremendously. The only bad part was having to emerge from the brain-bliss enough to drive home, sigh! I suppose if I'm going to start spending more time on my carpet, I'd better think about getting it cleaned ...

I picked up an iPod Touch when I hit goal (at the time) in October, and I'm having fun with the LoseIt app. Moving the old food journal to the digital ... what will I do with that 1/2" stack of paper???
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 10:42 AM   #10  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Happy December! My plan for this month is to have a modest loss and maintain it through the remainder of the month. So, I'd like to get under 132 and stay there. This month is full of challenges (5 Christmases, 3 B-day parties/gatherings, a couple trips out-of-town, etc.), but I still want to make good choices and watch portions. Also, make the transition to more winter friendly workouts.

Last edited by Ms Perception; 12-01-2009 at 10:43 AM.
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 12:54 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Ah well, back to reality. Up 2 pounds this morning The exact same day it jumped up last cycle, and I still lost at the end, so hopefully it's nuthin'. In any event, it's nice that my *high* is still under 140

ICU, I don't use a video, I've been doing yoga since April 2008 and just did a lot of reading about it. I'd love to take a class, but they're $$$. You're definitely right about the carpet I need to borrow my sister's steamer pronto.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 02:47 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 110/95/95

Height: 4'11"

My goal is to get and stay at 105 or under. I hit 105 a couple times in the past few weeks but always bounced back up the next day...I want to stay at or under that! Also I need to start back with my exercising again, I slacked off while my Mom was here visiting and need to get back into it. My hubby bought me a new pair of running shoes this weekend for my B-day so I think I will try them out this evening after work!
CarbCrazy1181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 04:26 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

Happy December!

I weighed in today for the first time since I knowingly took a "break" for Thanksgiving... and I'm up above 130 again, which is unacceptable. So I'm extra motivated now to lose steadily until the end of the year!

Unfortunately, it's only day 1 of the month and I'm already skipping the gym. I'm in the middle of a long experiment at work, and then DH has an optometrist appointment tonight... I could work out at home after the appointment, but we've got a friend coming to visit tomorrow and I need to do some cleaning (and dishes... OMG did I use a lot of dishes the past 2 days!). At least I was on my feet for 4 hours straight today at work, so I got a little bit of activity in.

I bought a box of mini candy canes over the weekend. I loooove those things - they're like 12 calories each, for a little taste of festivity. Gotta do what I can to avoid bigger holiday temptations, like egg nog or cookies or entire boxes of ribbon candy.
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 10:04 PM   #14  

Walked 4 miles today, made good food choices at meals, snacked a little too much in the afternoon and evening. What is it with me and snacking lately?? I am eating enough calories, so that's not the problem. I have good snacks in the house, and sometimes I'm overeating on those. Other times, I am eating less than ideal snacks that are meant for my kids to take to school. I am determined to lose a little during December, it's just that the snacks are not helping at all!
Old 12-01-2009, 10:05 PM   #15  

Mayness....I like your candy cane idea. Maybe I'll pick some up for myself.