Featherweights Plan and Chat in February - Page 5 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 10:33 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 205/172/125

Height: 5'1

My weight has stayed the same for the past 3 weeks. So I am maintaining, but not really losing. I know why....it's overindulging in treats and also not being consistent in exercise. I need to do better if I want to reach goal. At least I haven't gained, so that is a good thing.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:16 PM   #62  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Had my first good OP day in a while yesterday...hopefully today will be #2! I'm kinda in maintenance mode for this month with all the commotion of moving and my appliance issues. If I lose, fantastic, but no sweat if I don't...as long as I don't gain any more.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:09 PM   #63  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Ilene - your fitness conference sounds great. You posted somewhere else about your yoga session where you went in hungry & with a headache and came out refreshed. I always have to remind myself of that! Even when I really don't feel like going, I don't think I have ever regretted a yoga class. I really want to go to a yoga/meditation retreat someday. Someday...

So - I switched up my diet about 10 days ago. I have had my first ever significant drop in weight in the past year and am FINALLY back to where I was in November. So basically I gained nearly 10 lbs in ~a week and it took me >3 months of hard work to lose it!! Lesson learned, lesson learned. Those cookies were NOT WORTH IT!

This also means that I am at my low point for more than a YEAR of trying. I am at 143.2 lbs. It has been a couple of years since I have seen the 130s (except for once more than a year ago, I saw 139 when I was sick and hadn't eaten for days!). That's the next goal. According to my year-long plan, I have till June to get there.

The dietary changes I have made (pretty much South Beach but still calorie-counting) have made my overall carbs go down. I am averaging 70-150 g carbs/day, all from veggies, beans and whole grains. Maybe there is something to this carb monitoring, at least for me. I always strived for 40:30:30 Carb:Fat:Protein, based on the Zone but I never got close to it with my "regular" eating/calorie counting. Now it's pretty close without specifically trying for that (for example, Friday was 38:30:32). I'm not technically manipulating carbs now, but it's something to think about.

Now - need to get back on my running program!!
Old 02-09-2010, 04:34 PM   #64  
Ilene the Bean

S/C/G: 165/149/140

EmmaD -- I have gone to a Yoga camp in the Laurentian Mountains and really really enjoyed it... Nothing like doing a Yoga class at 8am on an open air platform in the mountains ...

Just back from a 5k run, felt great it's relly gorgeous out! Food has been really good lately...
Old 02-10-2010, 03:47 AM   #65  
Grandma on the Go!

S/C/G: 143/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning,
It is 2:40 am. I woke up at 1:00 am and couldn't go back to sleep so I gave it up and got out of bed at 2:00. I hate it when this happens. The scale is at 131.5 so that is good. But it is going to be hard not to eat with all these extra hours I am going to be awake.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:01 AM   #66  
Ilene the Bean

Whoa, good early morning Danni ... I sure hope you won't be too tired the rest of the day though... I don't need as much sleep anymore since I've reached my 50s...

Yesterday I visited a CrossFit gym, I desperately need something different. They give a one week try out so I will be going either today at 3pm or tomorrow.

Food was spot on yesterday too... On with the day
Old 02-10-2010, 11:19 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 173/152.2/130

Height: 57"

Ilene--crossfit sounds awesome! I want to try something like that.
danni--goodness that's an early morning! at least you'll sleep well tonight. let us know how it went w the not-eating during those awake hours.
Emma- YAY for your low!!! keep on track, you'll get there!!!

As for me, food was good yesterday. I didn't have a minute to work out (need to start getting up to do it before my vicious day begins), but i continue my push up/squat/sit up challenge today. Bought a tape measure to do my measurements on Sat.

Happy Wednesday all!
Old 02-10-2010, 01:46 PM   #68  
Grandma on the Go!

Ilene - what is crossfit?
I'm still going strong - well 4 cups of coffee and 3 cups of tea.
I'm babysitting so no time to slow down - I will probably crash when they leave.
I am trying to control eating - tomorrow is weigh in day.
EmmaD - good news for you. I can wait to see 129 again - it has been too long gone.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:02 PM   #69  
Ilene the Bean

Danni, this is the definition of CrossFit... and this is the CornwallCrossFit site...
Old 02-10-2010, 06:23 PM   #70  
MountainChick

S/C/G: 135/134/115

Height: 5'2"

Well I have gained a few pounds & just when I was motivated to get back OP, I get S-I-C-K! Of course DH & DSs (3 and 5) also have been sick, and it's really been lingering with all of us.

The good news is I've been having nothing but healthy food since I can't taste anything anyway. Ah well. I will wait until I'm better to start exercising again, but I WILL start again.

Hope everyone's having a great day & making great choices. And really isn't that all any of us can do?
Old 02-10-2010, 07:24 PM   #71  
Grandma on the Go!

Ilene - thanks for the info.
I stopped eating at 5:30 pm. I'm going to stay up as late as I can and try to get back on track with the sleeping. Have an 8:00 am dentist appointment and then I really need to go to the gym. This not sleeping leaves me too tired to exercise and makes it too easy to overeat just to feel better. Just goes to show me how easily we can be thrown off track.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:44 AM   #72  
Still pushing to ultimate

S/C/G: 153/CT/135

Height: 5'6

Hey ladies since Im close to goal I peek in here from time to time. I might change my goal once I reach the first one because I want to get down to the high 20's once in my lifetime. Weight has been steady the last 3wks plus this pass Mon TOM came thru so Im hoping to see some loss by the end of the wk. Its getting kind of discouraging not seeing the scale move when it was moving so fast at first. Im hoping that restarting Chalean and warmer weather (running outside) will get me out of this rut! Diet hasnt been bad but not all that great. So after this period Im hoping for a fresh new start...lol!!
Old 02-11-2010, 07:17 AM   #73  
Grandma on the Go!

Good Morning,
Only got up at 5:30 am this morning. Weight didn't go up - so today is getting it back on track time. I haven't exercised in 3 days and I feel so sluggish - must get to the gym today. I woke up so thirsty this morning so I am not drinking enough water. Seems like its hard to get all the parts right at the same time. (eating, exercise, & drinking enough water)

I heard Dr. Oz answer a question on TV about why you don't lose after you really have a good workout at the gym. He said, after strength training, your muscles retain water for a while. I wa wondering why the scale didn't move the next day after I had really pushed myself - maybe that is why.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:43 AM   #74  
Grandma on the Go!

I tried to do the sig ticker.
I don't get the copy and paste part.
It showed me what I had chosen but it didn't show up on my post.

Grandma need help from you young ones!
Old 02-11-2010, 05:04 PM   #75  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

danni-In the little window below your ticker it show some code that you need to highlight and then press Ctrl C (hold the control button down and then press "C") to copy the info. Once you're on your signature page on 3FC, move your cursor to where you want your ticker and press Ctrl V to paste the code into that spot. That's what I did at first anyway. I use the ticker factory and now I just click on my ticker and change it and it auto-updates! Yay! Anyway, I hope I didn't make it more confusing! Good luck!
Closed Thread