Featherweights Plan and Chat in February - Page 2 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 10:41 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 145/ticker/125

Height: 5' 2"

129.8!

Dancing carrots. Dancing carrots.

I haven't been able to get below 130 for months. It's only .2 below 130, but it's .8 down from last week, which is the biggest loss I've seen since December 2008. The plateau is going down.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:53 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 173/152.2/130

Height: 57"

Congrats tkm, that is beyond awesome!!!!!

I am so excited!!!! Yesterday afternoon I took a shower, did my hair and makeup, and TRIED ON OLD CLOTHES! hahaha! I fit into things that, when I last tried them on (august-ish), I was bulging out of! I probably have another 10 lbs till they actually fit properly, but I zipped and buttoned things up! Woohoo!!!! There's one shirt that is a white cotton button up with little flowers that I can't wait to wear with a pair of jean shorts this summer!

!!!!!!
Old 02-02-2010, 03:52 PM   #18  
Grandma on the Go!

S/C/G: 143/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Smile Good start to the day!

I made it to the gym today - proud of myself and want to keep this good mood going. Exercise really helps keep me out of the kitchen. I am keeping a weekly chart of the weight so that I won't get discouraged by the plateaus. Yes, Ilene its true - you really have to kick it up when you get to your 60's. I am reading about how high-intensity bouts of activity can speed up weigh loss so I am trying that. I am using a little stepper to get in some activity while I watch TV. I also read that doing 10 minutes several times a day is the same as 30 minutes at one time.

I go back to doctor in April and I really want to have some good lab reports. Getting older is hard enough - it's up to me to make this time of my life the best time of my life.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:59 PM   #19  
Ilene the Bean

S/C/G: 165/149/140

Height: 5'3"

tkm and shasha for you both...
Old 02-03-2010, 09:24 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 157/133.4/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey all -

I have been really good with exercise, but not so perfect with food, the last few weeks. A bit of this was letting myself have a few "splurges" when out with friends, but unfortunately, the bigger part was emotional eating due to some crap that's been going on in my life lately. I weighed this morning at 145.0, which basically means I've been maintaining for the second half of January, instead of losing. I still have the emotional crap, but want to re-commit to reining in my eating (at least until we head to Cuba for vacation next Thursday!). Fortunately, from what I hear, Cuban resorts aren't that great food-wise.

Started today with yoga, and I'm having a bowl of oat bran with flax right now...here I go!
Old 02-03-2010, 09:43 AM   #21  
Ilene the Bean

good morning everyone...

Danni -- Did you workout this morning yet?

SuBee -- Those small, small splurges kill me... Have fun on your vacation, lucky you!... This year we're not going anywhere, DH is working on an 1972 MGB so the price of the parts is our vacation $$, oh well, no biggie, it's the first time the guy has any kind of hobby...

I had a whoosh of 5lbs the first time I got on the scale this morning, the second time it was a 3lb whoosh, then the last 2 times it was just 2 ... but hey I'll take any whoosho I can get!

Ok, gotta go pretend to work TTFN

Last edited by Ilene; 02-03-2010 at 10:37 AM.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:17 AM   #22  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 165/142/123

ugh Plataea for me this week.
ive been going to the gym but its my eating that kills me. My weight loss is basically about eating. i can work out like crazy, but if i eat too much i gain or dont lose, no questions asked.

Shasha i love doing that. i have a pair of old pants that i dont like and dont wear, but i keep them because at my highest weight i couldnt button them, and now they are too lose. i like trying them on when i am getting discouraged.

i went to the gym yesterday and am going again today.
hope you ladies have a fabulous day today.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:41 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 133/132/118

hey ladies! I don't think i wrote much on here in January, just wanted to pop in and say hi!

I lost nearly 6 pounds in January, pretty good, i think! I hope to do that again for February. I would love to see 118 by the end of the month...that's just 5.2 lbs away!

Goals for the month:
-drinking alcohol no more than once a week
-1100-1400 calories a day
-work out 3-5x a week (i just started 30DS today!)
-lose at least 1 pound a week

I think these are doable goals...what do you think???
Old 02-03-2010, 10:47 AM   #24  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by maenad View Post
hey ladies! I don't think i wrote much on here in January, just wanted to pop in and say hi!

I lost nearly 6 pounds in January, pretty good, i think! I hope to do that again for February. I would love to see 118 by the end of the month...that's just 5.2 lbs away!

Goals for the month:
-drinking alcohol no more than once a week
-1100-1400 calories a day
-work out 3-5x a week (i just started 30DS today!)
-lose at least 1 pound a week

I think these are doable goals...what do you think???
Wow, 6 lbs in January ... your February goals look very doable
Old 02-03-2010, 12:28 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 110/95/95

Height: 4'11"

Well I ended up maintaining at 102 the ENTIRE month of January . No loss, no gain....oh well at least I know I can maintain without much effort! I am kicking myself back into gear this month. I had completely stopped calorie counting so I guess I am going to have to start back up with that again. Sigh. At least spring is right around the corner, and that's highly motivating for me!
Old 02-03-2010, 01:01 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 145/ticker/125

Height: 5' 2"

maenad: it looks doable to me, though I couldn't eat that little per day. I get too hungry! But it's a healthy range, so

I was 129.2 this morning after my 2 mile walk: .7 less than yesterday. I was surprised, because we had spaghetti for dinner last night (so much SALT!). However, I don't think I should put too much stake in that number, because 1.6 pounds in two days is a little extreme. It's probably water weight. Slow and steady....

By the way, have any of you ladies had trouble with hunger-induced nausea? I felt like I was coming down with a stomach bug this morning, so in desperation I ate my lunch an hour early, and now I'm perfectly fine. It must have been a blood sugar thing--but I haven't had problems like that since my teenage crash-dieting days. But I haven't been restricting my calories severely or anything. Thoughts?
Old 02-03-2010, 08:11 PM   #27  
Grandma on the Go!

S/C/G: 143/127/125

Unhappy Not as good today.

I felt good this morning when the scale showed a .5 lb. loss. (now at 132.5). I think I am hitting a plateau with this number.
Since I retired I am trying to go through the whole house and really clean out. The church is having a yard sale so this is a good time to give up some stuff. I intended to do some home exercise - but some how time went by and it never happened - and for some reason I was extra hungry - I kept going in the kitchen. I didn't eat anything I shouldn't - but even too much of the good food will stall weight loss. I do notice that I am more hungry right before or after the scale moves down. So here is to a better day tomorrow.

It has been 2 months today since I started on this "life plan" - so I am pleased that I have lost 10 pounds so far. Super Bowl is going to be my treat day and I am really looking forward to it!

tkm256 - I always used to get that sick feeling when I got hungry - I always kept the top drawer at work filled with food just in case. Of course I used to live on sweets and didn't know about the blood sugar rush.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:05 AM   #28  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 165/142/123

good morning
131 this morning, tho after days and days of 132 i feel hesitant to take it, cuz im afraid that its just a little fluctuation! lol but oh well, ill just try and be happy about it today.

my guy friend who i am losing weight with has already lose 12 pounds compared to my 6! lol being a female is frustrating, but im suuuper proud of him. this is his first time on the diet journey. he's an encouragement to me when he doesnt even realize it.

im off to school this morning and then hitting the gym again today. then jean shopping. ive kind of eeked into a size smaller jeans so now im like mostly 6 but still some 8s. im hoping that ill be able to get fit into most 6s today, then i only have one more size to go before im the size i want to be (4/6).

tkm256 - yes i feel sick when i get hungry. its mostly in the mornings when i wake up if i had an early dinner the night before.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:54 AM   #29  
Ilene the Bean

tmk -- I also feel sick when hungry too, so I feel sick most of the time in order to lose weight

a 3 lbs woosh this morning
Old 02-04-2010, 11:47 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 173/152.2/130

Height: 57"

chin up danni! you're doing all the right things, and you're 10 pounds lighter than you were before!! i always, always hear the last little bit of weight is the hardest to get off... you might want to do some internet sleuthing about how/why. have fun on superbowl sunday!

100%- I personally like to believe that the low the scale shows is the proper number, and everything else is water weight, haha Have fun jeans shopping!!

Ilene- YAAAAYYYY look at u whooshing all over the place!! get it girl!
Closed Thread