Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 07-29-2007, 10:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Default Featherweights Planning and Chat July 30 - Aug 5

August? Do you believe that!
Well, what'll we do this week? Something new? Same thing cuz it's workin' just fine? Big change? Little change? No change?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 11:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Susan, I love the pic of you playing hockey! Too cute!!!

Well, I didn't exercise today and used the beat up eye as an excuse. It really is nasty looking, and it kinda feels like my eyeball is bruised or something. There's a thick gel that has formed (I think eye is trying to heal itself) and vision is very blurry. If it's not better tomorrow, I'm going to see what the dr says. On a good note, food wise today was good, and I am almost finished organizing my guest bedroom.
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 08:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

It's Bargoo's birthday
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 12:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Good morning!

My plan is working! I'm down 4.5 from my return from Hawaii. I kind of overdid it yesterday (Del Taco) and went up half a pound, but not to worry. Oh, yeah, we went to the movies and I got some Good & Plenty! DD and DS went to the concessions stand and I instructed her to buy just a little. She did good--I think I got less than a regular boxful (they serve it in sacks where you scoop however much you want). Anyway, I went about 450 calories higher than I should have, but my dinner was fabulous! It was a chile-rubbed steak with corn relish (gotta love Cooking Light!).
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 01:45 PM   #5  
Living Light

S/C/G: 171/171/160

Height: 5'4"

Default Weigh in today!

Good news! I eliminated one pound from my bod!

I celebrated by having a Chai latte after my yoga class this morning. What a nice treat. I did not have one all week, so I felt it was a suitable reward. I have decided to keep it as a mini reward for each drop at w/i time. So, no more until then.

Allison 4.5 pounds! Wow! That was fast! Good work!!

walking2lose I'm confused. I thought it was Mudpie with the infected eye? I must have missed your story.

I have an infected finger myself that I am getting checked this afternoon. It is a mystery how that got started, but it has been getting worse instead of better over the past 5 days, so I figured it was time to get it looked at. Good luck with your eyes ladies!

I cut out Chai Lattes last week which I will continue and now I will add chewy bars to my list of foods to avoid.
Clykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 02:27 PM   #6  

4.5 pounds in a little more than 2 weeks is just about right in the grand scheme of things. I really think I was a bit bloated, too. Now if I could just get back to ticker weight!!! I hope to by this time next week. GOTTA STAY OP!
Old 07-30-2007, 02:44 PM   #7  
Ilene the Bean

S/C/G: 165/149/140

Hey I've been MIA because DH, DS and I went away to Ottawa from Thursday to Saturday last week and then well I've been busy with just stuff and not posting...

I'm biking a LOT and enjoying this nice weather...Food has been so-so, but I haven't gained weight but I haven't lost either
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 03:44 PM   #8  
kaw

S/C/G: 159-ish/145/140-ish

Height: 5' 8.75"

Morning, all. (I still have 28 minutes left in my morning, so I'm calling it that!)

I seem to be off kilter today. The Boy woke up late, which means we had to scurry out of the house. I usually join him for breakfast, but today I was too busy packing lunches, getting my gym stuff together, etc. When I got to work, I immediately had to move offices. (Long story.) When I sat down in my new office, my tummy was complaining too loudly to ignore. So, I polished off the majority of my lunch (carrots, grapes, some sliced turkey breast). Now all I have for my "real" lunch is a nectarine and 5 cherry tomatoes. Methinks I'll be hitting the convenience store for some cottage cheese, later.

Had a good workout yesterday. It was chest day at the gym, and my lifting went well. I can now do three sets of dips without assistance, i.e., body weight. Flat bench is coming along more slowly -- I'm lifting 115, but that's still at least 15 pounds down from where I was the last time I was in shape.

Anyhoo, after I lifted I hopped on the elliptical. Meant to just do 15 minutes, but got caught up in an article in the cheesy women's mag I was reading and before I knew it 23 minutes have gone by. I decided I might as well go to 30, then 35, then 40. I thought about polishing off the next quarter hour, but knew that DH would have dinner ready (he's a gem!); I *hate* it when I cook and he's late for dinner, so I try not to do it to him.

Here's to another week. Let's hope the scale decides to stop being so darned obstinate!

Kim
kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 04:05 PM   #9  
Whittlin

S/C/G: 170/144/140

Height: 5'6"

Happy birthday, bargoo, and great job on being so close to goal. Woo Hoo!

Susan just this morning, in a waiting room, I read my youngest the Arthur book, "Francine Believe It Or Not" about Arthur and friends playing street hockey! We then BOTH enjoyed your picture, of course! You look strong! Your legs look like you could make some quick moves, yep, yep.

((Carolyn)) Sorry you had to deal with those weird women. BTW, Mudpie was quoting walking2lose about the eye, so you did see it.

walking2lose, get thee to an opthalmologist.

Actually, yeah... ..."same thing 'cause it's working just fine". I want to take a little time to think and then make 2 more 7-day plans for August. Seems to work for me to have a week of

no-white-flour seriousness

and then wait a week for the next. Looks like I'll end July a pound down and can look forward to more loss le's hope!
Whittlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 05:11 PM   #10  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

Hi all, sorry for falling off the radar again for a week, been busy so haven't had the time to catch up with 3FC.

Anyways, [email protected]%!&! at yesterday. Was doing a 6-8 mile run, 3 miles in my left knee went out on me & I had to walk/hobble 3 miles back. Not fun. And it's still kinda painful to bend/straighten after a night of rest & icing. Trying to see if the doc can squeeze me in today.

In other not-so-good (but not so bad) news, my weight's been stagnating for the past week ~ but I have been a bit slacky with my exercise/diet (and not being able to do cardio at all for the next few days is not gonna help) but I am not too stressed about it, when I get vigilant again I'm sure I can shave those final #s off.
AquaWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 05:28 PM   #11  

aqua~so sorry to hear about the injury! Don't you carry a cell phone in case of emergencies? I fell a year or so ago and had to call my DH to have him come and rescue me (and the dogs). I didn't think I'd be able to walk back home--and it was less than a mile for me!
Old 07-30-2007, 06:22 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Susan b and Whittlin thanks for noticing my birthday.My family took me out yesterday and I went way off plan, including a humongous piece of cake, however I didn't eat the whole thing.First time in my life I left cake on my plate. I am getting right back on plan and will not weigh for a week, that way I will not notice any damage I might have done.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 08:44 PM   #13  
Doing this for me!

S/C/G: 147/139.0/130

Hi Everybody!!! I have also been MIA for a few days...I went to AirVenture 2007 in Oshkosh Wisconsin for the weekend with my Dad and boyfriend. I had a fantastic time, although food could have been better.

I am a little frustrated with my progress. I know its my own fault...I've stalled with my weight loss efforts. I'll do really great one day, and then something will come up and I'll go off plan. I really wanted to do a two week challenge and finally get down to 140, but I blew it like 2 days in. On the positive side, I haven't gained any weight, so I guess I am maintaining. I still want to lose at least another 7 pounds though!!!!

Happy Birthday Bargoo! Good job with the cake! And don't worry about being off plan...its your birthday!

Claire - I hope your eye gets better soon!! My advice would be to see an eye doctor as soon as you can...you never know with eyes, so its probably better not to take any chances.

Aqua - sorry to hear about your knee...hope you recover soon!!!
stiebena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 09:47 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Red face Hey we're falling apart!

Eyes, knees, and I have a dandy sunburn . Billie (young lab I walk) very enthusiastically licked all of my sunscreen off on the way to the beach. Had no more in the car so spent the rest of the day (3 dog walks) quietly broiling in my tank top. I think that's why I got the "licking" - I usuallly wear a tshirt in the car.

I'm finally back at home and trying to catch up on everything before going away this weekend for 4 days. Used my nifty new scale to weigh tomatoes and avocados for dinner this evening - it's great - does ounces or grams.

Will weigh myself tomorrow and see what's happened in the last 10 days.

bargoo and congrats on not eating the whole piece of cake.

Everyone else be careful out there and no more bobos.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 11:51 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone,

Aqua - so sorry to hear about your knee blow out. Ouch. As for my eye, ya'll will be glad to know I did break down (at DH's insistence) and go to the doctor today. He put yellow drops in and gave it a thorough look over under black light. He said there seemed to be some very small scratches on the cornea but that my eye was healing itself. I am, however, supposed to go back Wed. if it's still (the eyeball - white part) swollen and irritated.

Enough of that - congrats to all the big losers this week! Allison, you seem to be on a roll! Bargoo - Happy B-day, and yes, great job not eating too much cake.

I did 2 Gillian Michaels dvds today (I usually do them in winter or when very short on time, but eye was still kind of sensitive to sun today). They kicked my butt!!!! Anyone ever do them? I did Maximize backside and Full Frontal.

Nic - glad you had fun in Wisconsin! You are right to be positive about not gaining. That in itself takes disciplined eating for me, so focus on what you've done well and do more of it. You'll be back in the losing game soon, I'm sure!

Gotta enter fitday... take care everyone
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote