Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 08-02-2007, 01:58 PM   #61  
How Bad do you want it?

S/C/G: 140/135.5/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi,

I feel SO great today! And have some time to post...

Welcome Jessica--looking at that ticker tells us you've already lost 4#. In my world that is a tremendous success! Might I suggest a daily walk to get the exercise in AND to help with the emotional stuff? Just getting outdoors and focussing outward every day can be a sort of therapy!

Kim--my regards to your Grandmother for a long and lovely life. "May Perpetual Light shine upon her" as we old timer Catholics say...

Mudpie--when it comes to those scenes, I feel it's a "No Holds Barred" situation. Do what you gotta do to protect your plan. I don't lie, but I will say "No thanks, it just doesn't appeal to me right now" [which is at least partly true]. When pressed, I say "Really, no thanks." If pressed harder, I give direct eye contact, smile, wrinkle my nose, and shrug my shoulders, saying "Nah". Beyond that, we're talking INTENSE eye contact and a firm "I said no.-- pause-- Thank you." Then you may reach over the table and slap them if need be! [hasn't happened yet!] Do not hand your dietary fate over to a saboteur! THEY don't have to step on that scale on Weigh In day, dangitt!

I said all that because I am struggling with it too. My DH can and does eat anything [his job is very physical] and he keeps the house chock full of Frito Scoops, Hormel canned Chile, and gallons of ice cream. Probably as tempting as Barbara's Chocolate covered Coffee Beans! He doesn't push it at me, but it's THERE. Calling me. So I'm casting about for ways to deal with it. There's no changing him, it's my MIND I need to change!

I too feel a little slouchy about my goal weight. I'm at that point where even THAT seems impossible. And I know it should be 10 pounds lower than that. I figure, if I ever get there, there'll be plenty of time to decide if I want to go lower. What amazes me is how, over the past year, my weight hasn't changed much, but I am flabbier and jiggly-er. Musta replaced the muscle with fat...

That all said, I'm planning on this being a wonderful day. I have some de-cluttering to do in preparation for our move and am home all day so can really focus on eating well.

Have a Great one!! Cuppa
cuppajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 02:22 PM   #62  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Hi everyone! I'm having quite a good few days and I've even squeezed in the cross trainer today and feel much better for it.

Kim - I'm very sorry for your loss

Mudpie- I often lie in situations like yours. I have a certain friend who's forever pushing food on me and unless I come up with a concrete reason (I don't want it doesn't seem to count) it can lead to scenes. Ridiculous really but lying saves the agro and I have no problem with it.

I too have set my goal weight with a view to a maintaining area. There's no way I'm going to get to 125 and I really don't want to. I'd really like to be 128-130ish with an absolute cut off of 133 which is exactly 9 1/2 stone.
Doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 03:51 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Oh my dears! I had to special a pt who came in seizuring. Don't get me wrong ... I'm glad she stopped but whew ... what a long day. Watch, do vitals, watch some more and document. I'd really much rather be busy with a whole ward-full.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 05:18 PM   #64  
How Bad do you want it?

S/C/G: 140/135.5/120

Height: 5'1"

Susan B--

Sometimes I have one patient who occupies all eight hours of my shift in the Blood Bank. I love it when they make it, but what a rough go! Glad you're out there on the "Front Lines"!

cups
cuppajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 06:03 PM   #65  
Doing this for me!

S/C/G: 147/139.0/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi All,

I'm having an okay day today...not too great food wise, but I'm feeling a lot better than I have in a few days (I always get really depressed the week before TOM). I went for a slow 5K run yesterday, and it felt really great. I haven't run 5K in a LONG time! I did it in 37 minutes, and I'd like to cut that down to 30 or less before I run the "wiggle waggle run" on Sept. 9th (raises money for the SPCA) and then the Toronto Zoo 10K on Oct. 13th.

Mudpie - I agree that lying in that kind of situation isn't always bad. I hate talking about being on a diet...usually I only tell those closest to me (ie my boyfriend). I guess its like I don't want to jinx myself. Also, because we're "featherweights", I find that a lot of people don't understand why I want to lose weight. They're like "oh, you don't need to lose any weight, just have a cookie"....anyways, so I think its probably easier to make things up rather than deal with all of that.

Jessica - welcome! Four pounds is already a wonderful achievement...good work!

Doughnut and Cuppa - I'm glad you're doing well today!

Susan - sorry you had such a crazy day!! I presume you're a nurse?
stiebena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 06:10 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Default I forget how much fun my job is - OT

SusanB and Cuppa

I really admire that you can do what you do day after day. I play with dogs all day - kinda silly in comparison with what you do. How do you keep from becoming really depressed, particularly if a patient dies?

Dagmar (but they're big rough dogs )
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 07:28 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Man I gotta get my butt out of facebook and here more often I havn't read all the pages.

Sorry for the loss I know it is a difficult time.

As for family things I just say "I couldn't eat another bite, I am so full", then I get the "oh c'mon you could use it "or "it won't hurt you any" or "you need some meat on those bones". My uncle likes to poke me and his DD in the stomac and call us skinny minis. Boy oh Boy you should see my cousins face since it is her Dad she has to deal with it more than me.

well I am still maintaning but I haven't been watching what I eat so i guess it is a good thing. Have we noticed a patern here I am not completely on the wagon here but I am not too sure I wan to go down anymore. Granted my BMI is not @ 20 yet but I am comfortable right now (well excet for the extra skin thing) I feel like that may be the only thing now but there is not much I can do about it yet. I also still want to build on my strenght thought.

I am looking into school for next year i may be taking the plunge back into it after being home for almost 10 years (I worked @ a Daycare for a bit when I was a single mom of 2). I go see the schol in a couple of weeks then I will see from there.
canadian mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 10:41 PM   #68  
Living Light

S/C/G: 171/171/160

Default A very deep poem

Good evening ladies!

TOM likes chocolate chip cookie dough.
TOM likes chips.
TOM doesn't care if he bloats.
He doesn't give a sh*t.

Thank you. Thank you very much. GOOD NIGHT!!
Clykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 01:54 AM   #69  
Think thin

Height: 5'2"

Hello friends, I've been gone a long time. Your stories are wonderful, and I look forward to meeting you and/or catching up. I had this crazy, crazy job that took everything and left little time for a personal life. I lost a lot of weight, but now that it's over and I'm not working I'm starting to put it back on. I feel like I ought to have an exclusive membership in the Permanently Thin Club, but I can't find the title! Sigh, I guess it's back to the basics.
Jazzbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 05:49 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Default Hi Becky

Is that a photo of you for your avatar? WOW!!!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 07:59 AM   #71  
Doing this for me!

S/C/G: 147/139.0/130

Default ughhh

blahhhh I feel so gross today. There's two things I can think of that my be contributing to my feeling crappy (my stomach is all angry).
- I went for sushi yesterday, and probably ate too much
- Last night around 7:30 I decided to go for a run...ran about 7K, but I'm stupid and didn't bring any water (nor my cell phone or any money...I wasn't planning on running that far) in 31 degree weather (37 after humidex!)...I came home feeling sick, and that has possibly carried over to today.

Whew. Anyways, I'm glad that its Friday, and a long weekend to boot! Happy long weekend to all those Canadians out there!
stiebena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 08:41 AM   #72  

Morning. Yup, I'm a nurse. Please tell some folks you know to go into nursing. We need the help

I feel sluggish in this heat too. Puffy and sticky. I'm sure the clutter in my house isn't helping. It feels close ya know? But holy too hot for housework!
I think I'll do the WalMart thing this morning and buy a dusting gadget or a new cleanser ... novelty incentive
Old 08-03-2007, 08:42 AM   #73  
Living Light

S/C/G: 171/171/160

Default Back to it!

OK, I finished the last of the raw chocolate chip cookie dough this morning. Now, it's time to get back on track eating-wise. Everything else was still on track.

HERE I GO!!!!!!!!!! WHOSE JOINING ME TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Clykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 08:46 AM   #74  

Me Carolyn ... let's try for a darned near perfect day!
For me that'll be 1300 cals and a nice long walk 3-4K.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:02 AM   #75  

Height: 5'6

Carolyn:

Roses in a vase
Violets in your hand
TOM wants to make you fat
and throw you way off plan!

Don't give in to TOM. He's an A-hole
michelinwoman is offline   Reply With Quote