Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 08-03-2007, 11:52 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Good morning! I'm down another pound to 144.5 (11.5 to go) and I decided to change my ticker/profile to match what I really am (so it's easier to tell). I looked back on my weight chart--this day last year I was 144, so I'm within half a pound of what I was last year! That's the good news, the bad news is that I really dipped after that last year (mental note to stay OP!)

I came in at exactly 1200 calories yesterday, despite having a rough afternoon which translated into the need for a martini last night. But I stopped at one small one, had a light dinner and no dessert, so I'm okay. Oh, and yes, I do add those alcohol calories into fitday.

DH has a golf tournament this weekend which means a banquet Saturday night. The food is usually heavy (guy stuff) and there's usually a lot of alcohol. I remember last year having only 2 or 3 drinks all evening, so I'll try to do the same this year. I will not be buying any wine for the weekend when I go to the grocery store--it's just too tempting.

Have a great day everyone!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 12:17 PM   #77  
kaw

S/C/G: 159-ish/145/140-ish

Height: 5' 8.75"

Default Who knew?

This morning I stepped on the scale first thing, just for a peek, and was delighted to see it register 130. (My scale registers about 13.5 pounds light, at least according to the gym scale, so this is less cause for celebration than you might think based on my ticker.)

I put in my contacts, stepped on the scale again, and it registered 133.

Who knew that contacts weighed 3 pounds? No wonder my eyes get tired by the end of the day!

Have a great day, everyone. I've got a hair appointment this morning, a big 2 pm deadline on a work project, a truckload of boxes to pack, and trip to The City (aka, San Francisco) planned for tonight. Eek!

Kim
kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 12:47 PM   #78  

Kim~3 pound contacts!!!! Whoa, that's heavy. I think it's time for you to invest in a new scale!
Old 08-03-2007, 01:05 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Kim, that's funny. Scales are so tempermental. I have the first quality/accurate one I have ever owned (a WW digital scale), but STILL, I can pee, strip down, jump on and be 139. Walk around the house for 5 minutes, jump on again (no coffee, nothing) and be 141! For my own sanity, I can only weigh once a week, hence my Friday weigh ins. Today - 139. Need to get crackin'!!!! Too much entertaining this week!!!

Allison, congrats to you - you seem to be on a roll now! Keep it up. I gain inspiration from all of you who are doing well this week.

I'm off for a very hot, but very intense bike ride. Today will be a good eating day (I'm home and in control), but tomorrow night is dinner at friends' house. Will do my best!!

All - on another note... I'm having a heckuva time picking paint colors, and I would really like to get this done ... I just posted a thread about my indecision on colors under "General Chatter"... if any of you can help or give any advice, please don't hold back! I need help! For more details read my thread...it makes me sound like a bit of a basket case, but I guess that's because I am when it comes to paint! Thanks and have a fantastic day
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 01:33 PM   #80  

Claire~I read your post about paint colors. I'm thinking you might get more input if you can post a few pictures of the interior where you want to paint. I had a hard time visualizing it.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:53 PM   #81  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Walking--Sorry, I can't help you with paint colors. They are a mystery to me. All the walls in my house are painted stark white, which is the color chosen by the previous owners. At one point we needed to have another batch of paint mixed up. The paint store guy opened the base white, put in one drop of black dye, closed the lid and mixed it up. That's how white my walls are. And I hate the white, but painting is such a huge project that I never do anything about it.

You know, you can hire a color consultant to advise you on paint colors. My friend had her house done for $100 and it looks fantastic!

kaw--It sounds like it's time for a new scale. And, Walking, maybe you should return yours. I have an inexpensive digital Homedics scale and it is very consistent. Sometimes too consistent. Sometimes I stand on it and think "that can't be right," get off and get on again hoping to see something different, but alas, it is very consistent (and right--completely agrees with the scale at my gym and my doctors office).
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 05:50 PM   #82  
Ilene the Bean

S/C/G: 165/149/140

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB View Post
Morning. Yup, I'm a nurse. Please tell some folks you know to go into nursing. We need the help
Good news Susan DS is starting his second year in Nursing ... I'm so proud of him
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 05:57 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

I'm fadin' fast here on this hot day. I'm not sure how it got to be 5 o'clock. I've got my third load of laundry on the line. Only one bathroom got scrubbed. I did install a new toilet seat and shower curtain. Supper is conceived but not prepared.

I'm proud of your DS too Ilene!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 07:20 PM   #84  
not giving up

S/C/G: 190/?/125

Height: 5'7"

I hope everyone had a great week! I took a trip to Chicago last week. I got back Sunday, but I still haven't finished unpacking!

While I was in Chicago I did lots of walking , but I also had some Chicago cuisine. For those of you familiar with the restaurants: I ate at Giordano's , Portillo's, and Billy Goat's .

I was still in vacation mode until Wed., but I got back OP yesterday. However, today my boss brought in a dozen you-know-what. I couldn't resist. Lately I've been doing well with resisting food at work, but today when I came in and I saw that box of you-know-what.....

walking2lose, I love your siggy. I feel the same way about being below 140! I can't wait to go back there!

SusanB, it sounds like you had a productive day even if you didn't finish everything you planned. Time flies when there's a lot to do.
GreenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 11:44 PM   #85  
Think thin

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpie View Post
Is that a photo of you for your avatar? WOW!!!

Dagmar
Yes and no. The picture was me about 2 months ago when I was at my smallest, but it's also touched up. I found a great picture of a yoga pose I like to do and a friend took a bunch of pictures until I got just the right body shape (harder than it looks). Then I Photoshopped it to simplify the details. It was a lot of fun to do, but I'm a bit depressed that I'm not that skinny now. My hair's a lot shorter, too. Artistic license!
Jazzbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 12:03 AM   #86  

Hmmm ... I was afraid that I'd said 1300 cals. Either the 5th torilla or the coors light put me over. Guess I'll try that again tomorrow.
Old 08-04-2007, 06:36 AM   #87  

Morning! Ds is up too and getting ready for work and wants the computer. I'll catch up with my reading after work I guess. Be good everyone.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:20 AM   #88  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Morning all!

Susan - I'm sure you'll be overrun with British doctors and nurses soon if you are short. We've spent 1/2 million pounds per doctor in training and have no jobs for any of them so they're all emigrating.

I'm struggling again. Haven't stayed on plan since Wednesday. I get through the days all right but I'm giving in to the evening munchies. Any ideas?
Doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 08:32 AM   #89  
Failure Is Not An Option

S/C/G: 250/145/138

Height: 5ft6

Default 30-5

After fighting with my body to get it to let go of the 155, i stepped on the scale this morning and was at 154. Although it may only be a single pound, it made the difference between being overweight and being within the normal bmi range. Great big sigh of relief here, and a deserved.

BMI: 24.9 Yay me!!!
thinnythighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 11:20 AM   #90  

Height: 5'6

I have allergies or something going on and my right TMJ went out yesterday...good diet plan at least! I am doing better today, but still on soft foods (mashed potatoes...ice cream???). Trying to SOP but I want to feed the pain!
michelinwoman is offline   Reply With Quote