Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 08-04-2007, 11:27 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Great job Thinny! Keep it up!

GreenT --Sounds like you are doing well, despite having a nice vacation in there. Thanks for the compliment on my sig -- while I would still like to drop another 5lbs, my goal weight I have there (esp the 125) is not really realistic or necessary. Not sure why I put 125 inititally. But weighing 138-9 (where I have hovered or maintained all summer) feels SO MUCH BETTER to me than 150 (which I was at one point last year- low 150s). Being under 140 just FEELS really good to me. I eat very well and stay right around 138 or 9. It's amazing how 12 lbs. makes such a noticeable difference in how I feel and look. Anyway, thanks. Your comment made me think about my goal weight.

Have a good day everyone.
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 12:02 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

thinnythighs~WTG!!!!!

Susan~I was hoping for 1200-1400 yesterday and came in at over 1500! Must have been the wine that I wasn't going to drink (but did anyway!). It was a particularly stressful afternoon at work and I stopped and bought a bottle of wine on the way home. My weight is up again after that...

I'm not feeling too good today (and NO, it isn't from the wine!!--I didn't over indulge THAT much! LOL). I went to bed last night with a little sore throat and it was worse this morning. Nothing that kept me from getting in some exercise this morning, though. I sure hope it doesn't turn into a full-fledged cold.

Gotta get working on my week's plan. It was interrupted yesterday with some homemade tamales (but it was worth it!).
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 12:30 PM   #93  
kaw

S/C/G: 159-ish/145/140-ish

Height: 5' 8.75"

G'Morning, all!

Pretty quiet around here still. Our trip to the City last night meant a late arrival back "home." We went to an absolutely fantabulous Persian restaurant (Maykadeh in North Beach, in case any of you are in the Bay Area). The waiter was a bit snippy, but the food ... mmm: Melt-in-your-mouth tender lamb. Hearty lentil stew. Delicious koobideh (ground lamb or beef kabobs). I managed to avoid the pita and saffron rice, but still feel like I ate a mountain o' meat. And then I had to try a pomegranite martini...

Today is reserved for packing, plus a going-away barbecue at a friend's house in our honor. But, I'm going to see if I can't sneak out in another 1/2 hour, when the gym opens, to work out before The Boy and DH wake up. Much more fun than sorting through stuff. (The scale from **** stays!)

Kim
kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 10:54 PM   #94  
Living Light

S/C/G: 171/171/160

Height: 5'4"

Default Still not behaving!

Well, I just got back from joining my DH and DS in eating a scoop of ice cream. I am keeping up the exercise. I did Week 3/Day 1 of the c25k challenge this afternoon. I drank lots of water. But, I didn't stay OP yesterday or today eating-wise. TOM has left the building, so that sorry excuse is gone. How do I stop this downward spiral eating-wise? It is my DD's birthday dinner tomorrow. No cake??!! I hate it when my resolve is shot. Maybe tomorrow will be different.
Clykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 06:44 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Have you ever been to a progressive dinner? Our Youth Group did one last night. I suppose I could try to put it in fitday ....
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 08:40 AM   #96  
Failure Is Not An Option

S/C/G: 250/145/138

Height: 5ft6

Default 30-5

Good morning everyone!!

Last night was hard. i've been schedualing my meals for 8a, 12p, and 4p, and then nothing after that to keep me from snacking at night. Unfortunately, that has left DH to eat alone at 6p, our normal dinner time, and he hates it. Got in a big arguement about it last night, and ended up snacking at 10p ( a bowl of cinnamon life ) so i would be calm before bed.

Stepped very cautiously on the scale this am, but was relieved to see i am down another pound. i guess all the extra exercise yesterday made up for the extra calories. Only 4 more pounds until i reach my mini-goal of 149. i say this because i've been over 150 for a long time, and can't wait to finally see a number lower than that.

BMI: 24.7

Last edited by thinnythighs; 08-05-2007 at 08:43 AM. Reason: add on
thinnythighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 11:44 AM   #97  
Doing this for me!

S/C/G: 147/139.0/130

Hi All! No, I haven't fallen off the face of the planet. I've just been busy for the past few days, and at my boyfriend's parents house again My food intake hasn't been ideal lately...but I am looking on the bright side. I have made some good choices, when I could have made bad ones. For instance, for last two days, BF and his brother have wanted McDonalds/Wendy's...and I've said "okay, you get that, and I'll eat something else, like subway"...so thats pretty good. Also, I've been really good with my running! Wednesday night I ran 5K, Thursday night I ran 7K, despite the fact that it was 31 degrees (37 after humidex), and yesterday I ran another 5K. I'm not going to run today, but I will go tomorrow again (I'm not sure how far...might do a speed workout).

Susan - I actually thought about going into Nursing for a while! I really admire everything that you guys do. For a long time I wanted to be a doctor, but I decided that it wasn't family friendly enough for me. Now I'm actually thinking about physiotherapy, because its a lot more flexible, and its only another two years of school.

Thinny - good job! Sounds like you're well on your way to the mini-goal.

Claire - isn't it amazing how only a little weight off can make you feel fantastic? I mean, I'm only 5 pounds down, and I feel a huge difference as well! Great job, and keep up the good work!
stiebena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 03:57 PM   #98  
No Sniveling!

S/C/G: 168/130/130

Blech! I'm having a "snacky" eating day and I don't feel "right"

I really need to get up and go exercise and then I think I'll feel better or at least some sense of accomplishment.

Our hot water heater is brokenMy husband is fixing it.

Hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend. I worked until 6 am this morning and don't have to be back until midnight. Talk to you later. Jane
greatchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 06:06 PM   #99  

Jane~sorry to hear about your hot water heater! You ought to move out to the desert--we really don't need to heat our water in the summer!!! I was filling the dog dishes the other day and I had the cold tap on only and the water was hot! It actually cools down after it's been in the dogs' bowls for a couple hours!

I'm feeling slightly better this afternoon than I was this morning. I've had a sore throat for two days and this morning I could barely swallow. I got up and took some antibiotics and Advil and went back to bed. An hour later I felt sick to my stomach. Now, I really don't know if that was due to taking meds on an empty stomach or the fact that I overindulged last night at the banquet (a little too much wine!). Or maybe it's a combination of the two. In any case, I got up and tried to read the paper and ended up going back to bed for a while. But I finally got up at 9 AM and had some breakfast and got going. I took the kids to the mall where DD got 3 pairs of pants and about 8 tops (for $160--not too shabby). DS got a Wii game and they both got a book. Then it was a quick trip to the grocery store and here I am.

I feel really bad because I never sat down yesterday and prepared my menu for the week. I have two meals leftover from last week's menu because we ended up going out one night and had fresh tamales another night. So I think I have 4 dinner meals in my head--I guess that means a mid-week grocery trip. It's been almost 2 weeks since I instituted my new plan and other than the sore throat, I really feel good.
Old 08-05-2007, 06:25 PM   #100  
not giving up

S/C/G: 190/?/125

Height: 5'7"

I went to a friend's bridal shower today. There was a buffet-style lunch that was pretty healthy, I guess. Well, at least I didn't put mayo on my sandwich. Mayo is easy for me to resist. The side dishes were a potato dish and pasta, and there was a Caesar salad.

There was cake and ice cream (make your own sundae) for dessert and I couldn't resist, so Carolyn, I know how you feel.

Allison, I also had some wine (actually it was wine punch) even though I decided before I went to the shower that I would not have any. I did have a lot of water, though. There was a pitcher at our table.

I definitely took in too much sugar today. But as far as calories I could be OP......
GreenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 07:48 PM   #101  

I was feeling so guilty.....so I went in and made my menu for the week. It looks like the only thing I'll have to stop at the store for is some salad fixings and eggs. I had enough other stuff on hand to make a full week's healthy menu.

The plan was salvaged!!! Tuesday will be 2 weeks on my new "plan." I'm thinking I'll clue you in on just what I'm doing on Tuesday.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:09 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Good evening! I have nothing good to report in either the diet or exercise department. Both are bad this weekend.

I got my new contacts ... mono vision ... I like them much better. I wore them to work today and did really well for about 7 hours.

Physiotherapy is good. Rewarding I think, if you can work with someone who really comes along. Stroke rehab would be great. I'd like that.

Allison, I'm sorry you've been ailing.

I'd like ice cream.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 09:15 PM   #103  
Doing this for me!

S/C/G: 147/139.0/130

I'm glad to hear you think physio is rewarding Susan Stroke rehab would be interesting...I learned a little about it when my Oma had a stroke a few years back. Before physio she was unable to use her right hand/arm, and now its almost as good as new! I also find cardiopulmonary physio really interesting. I wasn't really aware that it was something that physiotherapists handled until I started researching the career, but it sounds neat! In any case, I really enjoy working with people, and the health care field really interests me I'm doing a job shadow with a physiotherapist in a few weeks, and hopefully that will give me a better handle on things!

Allison - hope you feel better soon, and good luck with the new plan (whatever it is!)
stiebena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 10:53 PM   #104  
kaw

S/C/G: 159-ish/145/140-ish

Height: 5' 8.75"

Sunday evening, and I'm looking back over my exercise notes. I've gone to the gym 31 of the last 35 days. On the four I missed, I rollerbladed with my kid, went for a hike, went scootering in the park, and played beach baseball.

Over those 35 days, I averaged 1160 calories per day.

<vent> So why won't the scale from **** budge?!?! </vent>

OK, I feel better.

Kim
kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 11:04 PM   #105  
Ilene the Bean

S/C/G: 165/149/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaw View Post
Sunday evening, and I'm looking back over my exercise notes. I've gone to the gym 31 of the last 35 days. On the four I missed, I rollerbladed with my kid, went for a hike, went scootering in the park, and played beach baseball.

Over those 35 days, I averaged 1160 calories per day.

<vent> So why won't the scale from **** budge?!?! </vent>

OK, I feel better.

Kim
That dang scale, throw it out!! I bet you look awesome though, have you taken pics or measurements maybe you've lost inches...

I've had a good Sunday... I was up at 6:30, out jogging by 7:30, back home at 8:30 had a swim... Made DH and I veggie omelette's, the kids whole wheat pancakes... Got ready went to a play, out to supper with DH,BIL and SIL... I feel good ... I had 2 beers and that's as bad as I got... I'm feeling virtuous ....
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote