Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 07-30-2007, 11:41 PM   #16  
Living Light

S/C/G: 171/171/160

Height: 5'4"

Default A victorious day for me

I did real good today! I am pleased with myself. I was at a meeting today at a very small round table which was crammed full of JUNK food! Dark Chocolate Hershey Bars (already opened and out of the wrappers and even broken up for any of the 5 of us to eat. Just sitting in a bowl inches away from me!!!!!). I breathed in the smell of my FAVORITE chocolate for 1.5 hours and I did not eat any!!! But, it doesn't stop there. There was a jar of Planters Roasted Almonds, which one of the fellas actually put a couple on my paper in front of me, telling me they were good for me and to eat them. I politely declined, so he ate them. Then there was a bowl of little packages of trail mix which I also didn't eat. And finally there was another bowl of chocolate wafer cookies which...........I ALSO DID NOT EAT!!! I drank the water that was also supplied for the meeting. Do I rock or what!!!!!

And then, 2.5 hours later, I found myself in the ice cream parlour with my DS and DH after my DS's soccer game. AND I DID NOT HAVE ANY ICE CREAM WITH THEM!!!!!!!! What has gotten into me?!

Oh, and one more thing, I was at the doctor's today (he had to freeze my infected finger in order to relieve the pressure of the puss which was building with each day. The finger should begin to show improvement in a couple days if I keep it clean and take my antibiotics)...and had a chance to step on the scale there and I came in at 155 pounds! I am going to keep my ticker at 156 because my scale at home is saying that, but it felt good to know it was erring on the side of being too heavy, rather then the other way around.
Clykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 11:58 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Carolyn - Awesome job with the recent losses, and GOOD JOB resisting chocolate, nuts, and ICE CREAM! Your will power today is impressive. Also wanted to say sorry about the infected finger... not sure what's up with all of our injuries this week -- could it be the full moon??
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 05:46 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Default Catching up - you're a busy lot!

Great job Carolyn! I love that the guy was trying to force you to eat the almonds by saying they were "good" for you - they are in moderation but it should be your choice. And then the ice cream too! One healthy decision at a time and you made them all yesterday!

Aqua and walking2lose hope your injuries are getting better.

Nic Great job on the maintenance while away - it's hard to not gain when you haven't got control over the food but you did great!

Kaw That sounds like an awesome workout you did. I'm sure the scales will be kinder this week.

Wanta try out for the Leafs SusanB? You looked great out there.

Whittlin No white flour seriousness is working for you (LMAO at the smilies). Good luck with the August 7 day plans.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 05:54 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Talking 4 lbs lost

No TV - reading instead.
Indulgence one night - fruit and water the next day
Ignoring the DH

That's the plan for August!

Dagmar

P.S. sorry I have to get it all out here as DH is having real problems with his plan and I can't dance and sing in front of him.
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 07:58 AM   #20  
Doing this for me!

S/C/G: 147/139.0/130

Good Morning!!!

It sounds like everybody is doing great right now!

Dagmar - first of all, I wanted to say WOW!!!! great job! 4 pounds in 10 days is just fantastic!!!! Only six more pounds to goal!

Carolyn - resisting CHOCOLATE????? and ICE CREAM??? That must have taken some serious will power. Way to go!!!!!!! Sorry to hear about the finger...I hope it gets better soon!

Claire - hey, thanks for all of the encouragement. I'm glad that you took that eye to a doctor...I hope it feels better soon! Good job on sticking to your exercise plan even though your eye is buggered up!

I think I did really good yesterday staying OP, even though I was pretty bummed out (nothing big, just coming up on TOM). One of my pet ratties was pretty sick last week with an abscess (we had to put one of my other babies down in January for the same reason) and I was really worried, but I'm happy to report that it is shrinking and has formed a scab. Hopefully this means she will recover!!!! *Knocks on Wood*

Hoping for another OP day today!

Goodluck everyone!
stiebena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 09:33 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I am being pretty lazy here this morning. Sometimes when I do this reading and rereading 3FC for a couple of hours, I come up with something 'thoughful' that I'd like to say or discuss.
Uh ... not today ... I got nuthin'.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 09:59 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Dagmar -- Congrats! Great loss... you are where I what to be, so your post is providing great encouragement to me. I was 139 at dr. office yesterday - after breakfast, but still. I am just kind of maintaining. Funny how hard I have to work to maintain and not gain.
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 11:46 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Congrats on everyone who is staying OP and losing! Best of luck to all those who are on the mend.

Today I'm at 145.5 for the 2nd day in a row which is amazing because DD wanted macaroni and cheese with chili on top for dinner last night. I over ate, too. I intended to have just a cup or so, but I filled my bowl. But to think that this used to be a meal we'd eat weekly--now we have it maybe once every 3 months! Yeah for healty eating!!!

Anyway, my plan is working. I'm down from the Hawaii high of (I think) 149. Just a couple more weeks of this and I should be back to ticker weight! Then it's all downhill. My plan today is very light because I forgot my morning snack (berries). My tummy is already rumbling, but I'll make it. I'm actually having a vegetarian day today. Dinner is some Cuban black bean patties with a pineapple rice (Cooking Light).
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 01:28 PM   #24  
How Bad do you want it?

S/C/G: 140/135.5/120

Height: 5'1"

Hey There...

Ooooo. Hurt my back Sunday picking up my Godson off the floor in the Church vestibule. Broke all the rules for safe lifting [he weighs 20# or so] and am paying for it!

Today was able to do my exercise bike, but don't want to do any weights until the pain is gone. Duh. So I'm at least planning my meals and bringing them to work so I can implement Barbara's schedule she so graciously shared with me last week.

No loss this week, but no gain either.

Mudpie--heckuva loss! I like your plan to do water and fruit after a day of indulgence!

Can't sit long...it still hurts. Good vibes to all.

cuppa
cuppajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 02:17 PM   #25  
Ilene the Bean

Cuppa -- OUCH ... Back problems are no fun!!

Aqua -- DOUBLe ouchie on the knee pain

Get better soon both of you!!

Allison and Mudpie -- Congrats on the weight loss

Carolyn -- A special to you for resisting ALL those temptations!! For a WHOLE day at that!! OY you're my new hero

stiebena -- Hope your rattie gets better soon...

It's very hot here today, I'm hanging the sheets on the line and they are dry within 30-40 minutes... Made it to the gym this morning for legs but it was a lazy workout, I've lost a LOT of strength since I bike mostly these days, but I don't mind, in the fall I'll get back into it when I stop biking...

Have a great day everyone!! TTFN

Ilene
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 02:17 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

This weekend was busy for me we tore down a wall and built closet so we could change our kids rooms. We put the 3 girls in 1 room and DS in a bigger room so we can put out his little people town. DD3 wants a big girl bed so now we have to get a couple set of bunk beds so they will fit. I wish she would stay in her toddler bed until shes 5 but she says shes a big girl now (turns 3 on Sunday). I hurt my wrist so I have not been able to lift weights but I have been going for walks.Last Night a friend came over and we went for a walk @ 11 last night.

Weight is at a stand still but I have been having ice cream everyday and a few ice caps a week so I think maintaning is good.lol
canadian mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 02:29 PM   #27  
kaw

S/C/G: 159-ish/145/140-ish

Height: 5' 8.75"

Default 4 weeks down, ? to go...

I weighed in today, the first day of week 5. I posted a detailed report on the mini-goals board here. Short version is that I'm down 8.5 pounds and at least 5.5 inches.

Happy dance!

The next couple of weeks will be tough: I'm facing a cross-country move and a 4-day conference in NYC in which exercise time and healthy food will be at a premium. I feel like I've got a great start and base from which to work, though. If my progress stalls in early August, well, there's always late August, September, October...

A happy Tuesday to everyone!

Kim
kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 05:34 PM   #28  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clykk View Post
Dark Chocolate Hershey Bars (already opened and out of the wrappers and even broken up for any of the 5 of us to eat. Just sitting in a bowl inches away from me!!!!!). I breathed in the smell of my FAVORITE chocolate for 1.5 hours and I did not eat any!!!
I wish only Hershey bars were available in the UK as I think it would solve my chocolate problem. One man's heaven is another's ****............it's the smell of those bars, yuck!

Well done though Clykk

I seem to be having a good day then a bad day. Brilliant day yesterday totally pants day today. I wonder why I repeatedly do this, seems an awful lot like self sabotage to me.

Well done Dagmar and Allison
Doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 06:44 PM   #29  
kaw

S/C/G: 159-ish/145/140-ish

Height: 5' 8.75"

(Don't know why I'm posting this here. Maybe because 3fc has been such an important part of my days for the last month.)

My "up" morning came crashing down with the news that DH's grandmother passed away last night. She was kind and gentle to the end, and still sharp as a tack; her nearly 99-year old body just never recovered after a fall a couple of months ago. She died in her home of almost 75 years, with her three adult children at her side.

Rest in peace, Lottie. As you were loved in life, so too will you be missed in death.

Kim
kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 07:12 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Oh, Kim, I'm so sorry for your loss. My employee took a couple days off to take care of a few things around her house and she just called to say her father died, so she'll need another day to sort things out. He's in Sweden, so she won't be going to the funeral, but her family wants her to make the decisions of what to do with his estate from over here. He, too, was in his 90's but in good health.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote