Old 06-16-2008, 07:58 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 159.8/155/140

Height: 5'5

menu from today:
breakfast- 6oz plain yogurt with 1/2c of tangerines tossed in
S: one string cheese and 4 wheat crackers
M2: salad with boiled egg whites and lowfat honey dijon (3tsp)
S:bag of smart puffs- a healthy organic version of cheese puffs- 100cals
M3: Turkey burger and 1/2c of red beans
M4: whatever is in the book- i think it's lean protein and brown rice or veggies.

I can't believe I ate all that and I'm still losing weight, lol!
Old 06-16-2008, 08:56 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 171/168/140

C Bo - Are you ready? I had a yummy breakfast of a santa fe egg beaters with salsa. So yummy, even when you're not dieting. And sometimes I throw in a little hot sauce to add a bit of spice. We can definitely do this together! I'm off to work then the grocery store! Woo Hoo!!!! I should have went last night, but I realized that I had enough in the house to get me through a couple of days.

Yeah, Girl! I'm ready I didn't take the menu that I planned out yesterday. I normally eat breakfast at 8:30 and my next meal around 11:30, which happened to be my lunch time.
B: 1C oatmeal
S: 1/2 of Zipper peas with 1/2 C brown rice & sm. tossed salad w LF ranch on the side (I was hungry and it was 11:30 am...lunch time)
L: 1 C of fresh mixed berries
S: 1 C Lite Vanilla Soy milk & 1 banana
D: 1 C brown rice w broccoli, mushrooms, oinions, egg beaters and a veggie burger sauted w a dash of soy sauce. It was so good, I didn't even eat it all. I'm saving the rest for lunch tomorrow.

I feel like I'm eating too much. Does anyone know the daily amount of regular egg beaters not the egg whites?

Last edited by C Bo; 06-16-2008 at 09:03 PM.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:00 PM   #63  

Smashin, I found it coolrunning.com. I used this site when I first started running.

Last edited by C Bo; 06-16-2008 at 09:04 PM.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:10 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 230/212/180

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fierliss View Post
Hey so I have been fat smashing for about a year on and off. I started last June and by August I had lost 30 lbs. Then some things happened and I basically gained back about 8 lbs (not bad but also not good). So now here I am fresh off of phase 1 (again) back to my original ending weight from when I did the Fat smash almost a year ago and guess what? I am looking for a buddy (or 2, 3 etc).

So if you are interested please send me a message.
Hello! I would like to be your buddy. My name is Adrienne and I am new to this site and would really like to lose some weight. How does this fat smashing diets works?
Old 06-16-2008, 10:03 PM   #65  

Height: 5'8"

C Bo - On the side of the egg beaters box, it says that 1/4 cup equals 1 egg, so I guess you're allowed 1 cup of egg beaters a day. I'm not a huge egg fan, so I don't eat too much of them, unless they're mixed with something like salsa, hot sauce or cheese (which unfortunately is out of our diet for now).
Old 06-16-2008, 10:14 PM   #66  

Adrienne (MsSerious) -

Smashin - Isn't it great that we're allowed all these good foods to eat? It seems like every other diet focuses on all the foods we can't have instead of what's allowed. It's funny because the foods in my kitchen don't even bother me until I tell myself I can't have them. I did end up chewing gum instead of giving in today -- and I did that before I even read your posting! And I hear you on the northeast summer weather. It's very difficult to plan any outside exercises because you never know when it'll turn into a storm.

My menu for the day:
B - santa fe egg beaters with salsa and some beans
S - orange
L - bowl of steamed veggies with light salad dressing
S - pickle
D - brown rice with lots of corn & green beans (not so exciting but filling)

One day down! Just the rest of our lives to go, right girls? Ha Ha!
Old 06-16-2008, 11:59 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 312.5/312.5/155

Height: 5'7"

Welcome smashin!! Glad to have you as part of our little crew!! I know how you feel about being shocked that you can eat real food!!! I am loving this diet because I can actually eat, since I have previously done a liquid diet when I lost all of my weight-it's nice being able to eat now...lol.

SouthernGal-That made me so angry that people would say stuff like that. I saw a lot of people look at me weird when we went to the gym and I was talking to my fiance' and I said, well where else would I need to be but the GYM??? I mean, shouldn't I want to get active? And the same goes for you. Just like Smashin said, you are doing what you need to do to lose the weight, and you are a motivation for me, that's for sure. I know that I can do it-you've lost a good amount of weight and have a great, positive attitude about it. Just try not to let them get to you. And like Annie said, the Wii has a lot of games that will get you very active without having the Wii Fit. Keep up your awesome work!!

Annie- I did see the recipe for the sweet potato fries and I'm definitely going to make those for myself!!! I think it'll add something crunchy and delicious. Pairing it with a veggie burger-OMG yum. I'm definitely going to try that.

Tara-I looked at the Kimchi-it looks delicious!! I really don't see a problem with the ingredients-they all seem to be Phase I appropriate to me. Thanks for giving me the info on the workouts-they sound great!! And great job on the brown rice stir fry-that sounds SO good. I think that's the way to go about it, but I know how it is having to leave the room because someone's eating something you don't want to eat!!! You did great!

I did great last night for Father's Day. My stepmom grilled veggies and I ate those with a salad and some green beans, brown rice, a sweet potato, and some corn. It was a great meal and I didn't cheat!!! They even drank wine and beer and I stayed away from that! So I was proud of myself.

Then today my mother called. And just so you know we have issues because she just can't seem to get over my being overweight (I'm adopted and she is stick-thin). She listened to me rave on about FS for about thirty minutes and was so interested, talking to me about it, etc., then she says "Oh, I stopped by both hospitals and they have great programs with their nutritionists and I told them that you'd be calling to hear what weight loss programs they have to offer." I was like, Uhhhh did you not hear what I just got done talking about? She never has faith that what I'm doing is going to succeed, and she's holding wedding planning over my head!!! She told me that she'd come down and work out with me once a week and we could plan for the wedding after we were done. So she'll only talk to me about my wedding if I'll go work out with her. So of course, I was going to give in, which is not a healthy thing for me to do because she needs to not be so involved with my weight loss (that's what my therapist said a while ago, at least). But I called her back and told her that this was not about losing it quickly, this was about learning how to eat, and the liquid diet she wanted me to do was all about getting it off quickly, and after I did that last time I gained it all back because I didn't learn how to eat. I also told her that I'm going to go work out at MY gym, where I've been going, and she was not happy with that at first, she told me she didn't believe I'd go. So whatever. I was so upset after getting off the phone with her. She's the one that's paying for my wedding, yet she won't even talk to me about it. So Ryan and I just decided that we'll make all the choices we want, and when she finally gets ready to plan, we'll have it all done. At least she reserved the place where we're getting married. It's been like this my whole life-she will agree to help me out with something, then she'll hold the money over my head. At first, she agreed to pay for my wedding only if I got bariatric surgery. I refused and said I wanted to do it this way. So, let's just hope I can do it. For myself and my sanity!!!

Sorry for the rant, just had to get that off my chest to someone.

Hope all of you are doing well, and sorry I've been out of the loop all day today- I missed a LOT!!!

Have a good night!

Kara
Old 06-17-2008, 12:16 AM   #68  
Latoya wants to be a 10!

S/C/G: 201/184.5/160

Height: 5'5"

Kara.....your post just brought tears to my eyes. There are some things that I want to say about your situation, but I want to keep it clean so I will leave that alone. I can't believe your mom (adoptive or not) would say those things and treat you that way. You are really making some good choices right now and she shouldn't hold money over your head for you to conform to her way of thinking. If I were in that situation, I would have eloped by now. Doesn't she know that she is stressing you more by pressuring you? You need a hug....

As, I said before...stay focused and keep your eyes on the prize. And even if you are not 150 lbs. by the time you get married, at least you have picked up some great habits and you will still be beautiful...inside and out.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:22 AM   #69  

I second Latoya's sentiments! Keep doing what you're doing, and you'll find the success you deserve.

And Latoya -- you are already a 10! Why would you say you want to be when you're already there?!
Old 06-17-2008, 12:39 AM   #70  
Latoya wants to be a 10!

S/C/G: 201/184.5/160

Height: 5'5"

Thanks Annie...I consider myself a 10 in life and I even love my body naked. I just hate myself in clothes so the 10 that I speak of is a size 10. I am currently a 16.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:15 AM   #71  

Y'all are so right, and you know what?? With this diet, at least I can EAT something, and when I finish and reach my goal, I'll still keep eating the same things I have been eating the whole time. I won't have to learn how to eat and risk gaining it back like I did before. So I am happy about that.

And LaToya, you have such radiating self-confidence, I hope it's contagious!! I need to work on loving my body/self even when I'm overweight. You have such a positive attitude, I just love it!!

Have a great night everybody!!!

Kara
Old 06-17-2008, 07:14 AM   #72  

Kara, I agree with LaToya. You CAN and WILL lose the weight your way. You must stay positive and focused. I'd love to see your mother's face after you lose all your weight and some. You can do it. You are beautiful inside and out. We will conquer this weight thing together.

MsSerious - Welcome to the team.

Annie, we've made it to day 2, are you ready?
Old 06-17-2008, 12:01 PM   #73  

C Bo -- I'm ready! Today was a rushed morning, so I had to grab some yogurt and banana on the go, but I didn't just grab a roll and butter or something else really bad like normal.

I'm a little stressing since today is my dad's 60th birthday and I told him I would take him out to our favorite Italian restaurant. They have the BEST pizza ever, but I'm not allowing myself to do it. I'm going to spend lunchtime looking over their menu, so I can make my decision before even going in and not tempt myself. It's going to be difficult, especially if there are leftovers...wait, what am I talking about? It's so good, there are never any leftovers! Woo hoo!!!
Old 06-17-2008, 12:55 PM   #74  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Kara Sorry to hear about your mom, but sooner or later she will realize that she can't control you any more. And it seems like you are also letting her know that you are a grown-up now and she can't use money or weight to get to you.

I haven't planned my menu for the day yet...just woke up. I'm eating breakfast of oatmeal and some blueberries. By the way, I know we are allowed to have 1 cup of oatmeal per day. Is that 1 cup of cooked oatmeal or 1 cup of uncooked oatmeal? I cooked 1/2 cup of oatmeal (1 serving per the oatmeal container) and it seems like it's quite a lot so I was wondering.

I'm thinking about having some sweet potato fries today. Missing that "carb" feeling, ya know?

I stayed OP yesterday. I was hungry time to time but stayed strong with no cheating either. I will have to come up with the menu soon so I won't be cheating today either. 1 down 8 more to go! :P
Old 06-17-2008, 05:49 PM   #75  

Thanks C Bo and Tara for what you said about my mom. You're right, just wait until I lose the weight, she'll see that it works my way. And if she doesn't, it just doesn't really matter, because I know that it works, and that's most important.

Annie- You have the right attitude. Grabbing granola and yogurt is nothing compared to what I would've grabbed in the past-definitely something along the lines of a pastry or muffin or something like that. I used to be so guilty of going to the Starbucks on campus and getting their humongous muffins that they have, with a Grande Caramel Mocchiato. I don't even know if I spelled that right, see if you can't spell it, it can't be good for you, right? Anyway, I think you are so smart to look over the menu. I know the feeling you have right now because I got it when I had to go to my dad's for Father's Day. We have always gone out to eat, but luckily I got to him before I promised him we'd go out to eat, and he was willing to eat at home. But you can do it at the restaurant, and you'll have someone prepare your meal for you!! Woohoo!! I'm sure whatever you pick will be scrumptious.

First weigh in is tomorrow for me, ladies!!! I am excited and nervous at the same time...LOL. I can feel that I've lost weight, just have no idea how much. haha. I will get on here and post as soon as I weigh in, I know that!!!

Talk to you later, have great day all!!

Kara