Old 06-11-2008, 03:23 AM   #16  
I can do it!

S/C/G: 446.8/ticker/170

Height: 5 foot 7

I used to use fitday but now I use thedailyplate.com it's a much better website. I don't pay too much attention to the calories either. Like my calories are pretty low everyday but I'm eating until I feel full and eating every few hours so I don't worry too much about it. When phase 2 comes there will be more food choices and the calorie intake will be higher. Just as long as you eat the food that's allowed and don't over do it you'll be fine.
Old 06-11-2008, 02:50 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 312.5/312.5/155

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll have to check that out! I just have to share that I picked up a great water container at Albertson's that holds 2.2 Liters, which is more than what doctor's usually require. My fiance' filled it up with water yesterday and put it in the fridge and I drank the whole thing!!! I am doing so well on drinking the water, and like so many people have said, it all just makes you feel better emotionally, physically, etc. for doing it for yourself! Yay for Fat Smash!!

Good luck everyone, and good luck to myself-here comes Day 3!!
Old 06-11-2008, 08:26 PM   #18  

How is everyone's day going? Today I talked to my dad because I was trying to get together plans for Father's Day, and I made some great decisions, so I had to just share those with someone!!!

Usually we go out to eat, and I don't exactly get something healthy. So instead, I suggested that we grill at their house, because he and Ryan (my fiance') can eat grilled meat and baked potatoes, etc., and my stepmom and I can eat on the program. She is doing Nutri System, but can eat grilled veggies, and I can take my veggies and a sweet potato and some other stuff to eat. I feel better about making the decision to NOT go out to eat-especially since I am only in Phase 1!!!!

Can't wait to hear how all of you are doing!!
Old 06-11-2008, 08:35 PM   #19  

Height: 5'8"

Kara - That's such a great idea! I have definitely found that the best way to go about fat smashing is to plan, plan, plan! When I plan ahead, I have no problem sticking with it, it's when I just go with the flow, I get all messed up and say that I'll do better tomorrow. Then the next day, I think, oh well, I messed up yesterday, so I might as well just get back on next week and call this one a loss. Then it's hard to get back into things.

Good Job!
Old 06-11-2008, 08:44 PM   #20  

Oh yeah, I'm the queen of starting over...even though they say to just try to jump back on track the next day. I never do that. I know that before when I lost all that weight it was because I thought it out, so thanks!! I am with you, planning is the best strategy!

Ryan and I went to the gym today!!! Yay!! We walked on the treadmill, did weights, swam, and got in the whirlpool- I am SO tired. Feels great, though!!!

How are you doing?
Old 06-11-2008, 09:00 PM   #21  

I ate tons of jelly belly's today. Not good, huh? But...I'm planning on starting detox, phase 1 on Monday, so I'm not feeling so bad about it. I'm trying to watch what I eat until then, but I want to get it all out of my system, so I'm ready to start fresh. I had been doing my own version of fat smash to make sure I fit into that shiny purple dress, so now I want to follow the plan the way it was meant to be. Hopefully it will be a really fit and healthy summer!
Old 06-11-2008, 10:05 PM   #22  

Mmmm jelly belly's!! I love those, especially the popcorn flavored ones...but I love a lot of the flavors. That's ok, since you're planning on starting on Monday! I know you'll do great! And you succeeded at looking great in that shiny purple dress!! I really like the style of it-although I could only see the top part. That is the kind of thing I'm looking for with my wedding, I don't want something that is strapless, etc.

Hope you have a great night!!
Old 06-11-2008, 10:47 PM   #23  

I'm so tempted to dig into all the bad treats in the freezer (ice cream and flavor pops), so I'm just heading to bed. Not worth it. I'll have a sugar hangover tomorrow if not. Plus, I've been having such problems sleeping lately, that I might as well take advantage if I'm actually really tired. Stress...such a fun thing, huh? Ha! Good Night!!!
Old 06-12-2008, 03:47 PM   #24  

So did you get a good night's rest last night, Annie? I sure hope so. I haven't been sleeping all that well lately but that's because I was out of my asthma meds and I kept having breathing problems! I'm going to get those today!!

You are SO strong for resisting the temptations calling you from the freezer...I have to keep that stuff in my house because my fiance' can eat whatever he wants. Last night I had a run-in with a fun-size bag of 3Muskateers, but I bit the bullet and went and got a glass of milk and some fruit instead. Definitely not 3Muskateers, but at least I didn't ruin almost a whole day of hard work for it, ya know?

How's your day been today? I hope you are rested, and having a great day!

Hope everyone out there reading this is doing well!!!
Old 06-12-2008, 07:06 PM   #25  
I can do it!

S/C/G: 446.8/ticker/170

Height: 5 foot 7

I always have sleeping problems in the summer, but I'm sorry to hear that you're asthma is bothering you. I haven't had to deal with my asthma in so long, but I still carry my inhaler everywhere I go just in case. It's good that you didn't eat the candy, I don't even buy candy or junk food anymore if somebody else wants it they need to buy it or eat it at work. My bf was supposed to be fat smashing he started on the 1st with me when I restarted and he gave up on Friday of that same week. The he wants me to buy junk and crap, I don't think so. Goodluck with avoiding temptation I know it's much harder with the stuff in the house.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:18 PM   #26  

That is awesome that you haven't had to deal with your asthma in a long time. Unfortunately, I've had pretty bad asthma since I was 5. The Singulair I take keeps it under control but I was out of it. I got it again today so hopefully that won't bother me too much for the future nights and days. It always helps a little bit to get down in my weight, I find that I don't use my Albuterol as much, but I know that my asthma will probably never go away.

Yeah, I don't buy ANY junk food anymore. The 3Muskateers were leftover from before we started the diet, since I only started on Monday. Ryan is a perfect size, so he can eat what he wants, although he is trying to eat healthier with me. But I don't keep anything in the house that would tempt me. I didn't realize your BF had started the diet with you. My friend and her hubby did it last summer together. It is hard when you have someone who isn't doing it. Even though Ryan is doing a LOT of it, he still gets to make his sandwiches and popcorn shrimp, etc., that I'd love to partake in. Oh well, I know what's more worth it to me-and it's not eating that stuff. I would rather feel the way I feel right now than eat that stuff and go back to how I felt.

Good luck today!!! Good to hear from you!
________
Old 06-12-2008, 11:05 PM   #27  

Hey there, ladies! Today was a complete blow out. Thank goodness I wasn't on the plan, or else I definitely would have been thrown out! I work out of my boss' home, and her stepson was graduating today. There was food galore out there, and none of it good, of course. And, of course, I ate whatever I could get my hands on. I'm trying to get my boss to join me on Monday with the detox. It is so much easier when you have someone going through it with you, especially someone who eats lunch with you everyday. We'll see. I'm not going to push the issue.

I hope everyone else had a much better day than me. I can't imagine how it could have been worse. I did go to the movies tonight to get me out of the house, so that was fun. And I had a phone interview for a new job. They asked me to come in for a face to face interview, which is great news. Hopefully I can stop freelancing and have a steady job which will help with routine. When I'm in a routine, I'm much better at following a plan. Right now, I'm all over the place. Keep your fingers crossed for me!!!!
Old 06-13-2008, 12:02 AM   #28  

That is awesome about the job interview!!! What kind of job is it? I know how hard it is when you don't have a strict routine. Right now I am off for summer and it's made it weird with my eating-I get up so late that I sometimes can't get all of my food in. But I'm trying to work on it. I know that will help you so much. Is the job going to be in your area or will you have to relocate?

That's ok about today, at least you weren't on the plan!!! We all have those days, anyway. It will be much easier if your boss decides to start with you-I wish I had someone here that was doing the same diet. My fiance', Ryan is doing a kinda version of it, but that kinda consists of him just eating pretzels and a big ole' chocolate chip cookie. My diet doesn't really consist of those things, but right now it's not bothering me that he's doing it because I know what's more important to me. But once I get back to work, as I've said, I will be looking for people to do it with me. Our 3rd grade teacher was the one who suggested it to all of us, and a lot of people just fell off track. I am hoping that I can go exercise with her or something once school starts. That is much easier when you have someone to be accountable to also.

I made a GREAT dinner tonight. I steamed a bunch of broccoli and sauteed some mushrooms. I made the mushrooms so I'd just have them whenever I got hungry, but I put the broccoli in with my brown rice and it was soooo good and filling. It was the best thing to eat that I've had on my program so far. Right now I'm finding that I get kinda tired of the brown rice after a while if I don't eat something good with it, so the broccoli did the trick. Any other ideas you might have?
Old 06-13-2008, 07:51 PM   #29  

Hi, Kara! The job is an events job, so I'm staying in my field and in the Philly area, which is the plan. I have so much fun planning people's events and would hate for the economy to determine whether I stay or go. Events are the first thing that people are cutting from their budgets, so it's a sticky situation right now. (More stress...ugh!). If I don't get it, I still have my freelancing jobs that I do every year, but I would just love some permanent, so I can get that routine going.

I'm excited to start the plan on Monday. I feel I'm in the right place (even though I had such a bad day yesterday!). I saw a picture of me from the pre-graduation party and I wasn't so disappointed, like I normally am. I see that I'm moving in the right direction, which is the ultimate plan. I posted it on my profile, so I can go to it for motivation.

Your dinner last night definitely sounded good. I'm going to make it this weekend. One meal that has become my go to during the plan is to make the brown rice -- and I get the boil-a-bags, which are the daily serving size -- and mix it with newman's salsa, corn and beans. I'll mix up the beans by either black or red beans. It's very filling and delicious. Sometimes I'll even mix in a little bit of fat free ranch dressing to give it that creamy feeling. I even make it for our family get togethers, and nobody realizes that it's my "diet" food.

Hope today was good for all you ladies! The hot weather is making me want to get healthy and skinny, so that's a great motivator!
Old 06-13-2008, 08:37 PM   #30  

Annie you look so awesome in that picture!!! Just beautiful! I know that looking at that is inspiration for you to keep doing what you're doing, it's definitely inspiration for me to keep doing what I'm doing so that I can achieve that. I wonder if there's a place I could post pictures of myself before I gained all this weight? It'd be motivation for me to go look at them, although I already do on my computer-haha. It's frustrating to have made all that progress and be back at square 1.

The job sounds great, and it sure would be great to be able to stay in your area to work. That sounds like such a fun job! I have a good friend who does event planning in Austin, and she absolutely loves it-she's always busy, but she loves her job. And that is so important! It sounds like you love what you do too! Too bad you don't live in Louisiana, although I will be asking your opinion once it gets closer to my wedding-haha!

Oh my gosh, your brown rice suggestion...I can't get over it, isn't that sad??? I just want to go make it right now, but I don't have any salsa. How come you can have salsa-is it because the Newman's kind has only veggies in it? I just figured it'd be packed with sodium, but I guess it's only tomatoes and onions, really, huh? I definitely love mixing in the corn and beans with it, but like you said, I'm not getting the creamy feeling from it-it's just so dry. I am going to try mixing in the salad dressing with it tonight...that sounds great. Is it ok to use low-fat salad dressing? I thought it said that in the book. I just can't find a good fat-free one, but I've been sticking in my TBSP range for the low-fat. Let me know if I shouldn't be eating that. But that mixture sounds so good...can you tell I'm hungry? I have some leftover broccoli and stuff so I'm going to EAT!!!

Can't wait for you to start on Monday-can't tell you how much I love having y'all here to talk to, I feel so much better talking to people who are doing this too!!!

Talk to you soon!!!

Kara