Old 06-23-2008, 07:39 PM   #136  

Height: 5'8"

Tara - That's hilarious! I was thinking that same thing yesterday. I have been eating lots of corn lately, and it's definitely keeping me regular!

C Bo - only one more day of detox! Woo Hoo!!!! I have a phobia of scales, so I didn't get on one to see how much I lost. Last year when I went from a size 22 to a size 16, I only lost about 20 pounds at the very most. So, I figure if I feel better and keep dropping sizes, then I'm in the right direction. I'm nervous to get on the scale on Wednesday, since I know what I was the last time I weighed in and hope it's further from there than possible. Now I'm wishing that I got on in the beginning. It's always a motivation when you see that you dropped a lot.

Like a lot of you, I think that I'm going to stay on detox for a couple more days. I have a big weekend coming up centered around lots of food and booze, so I figured if I detox for two extra days, I won't worry if I cheat a little this weekend. I'm not planning on cheating, but if it happens!

I did have a little cheat today, but again, it was one of those things that was out of my hands. Okay, I didn't have to have the bread, but I did eat a little bit of it, since it's so delicious. We had a client meeting who ordered for us. She got us all salads, but they had pine nuts and cheese and was already mixed with dressing. Oh well, I ate well the rest of my meals today.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:47 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 312.5/312.5/155

Height: 5'7"

Annie,
That's awesome about your lunch today. I think that you did just fine, and you can always detox a couple of days if you want. I love and miss bread. I honestly am getting to that point today where I'm just SICK of watching what I eat, but I didn't go off the diet. Instead, I made my brown rice (1C) for lunch and mixed some ranch and 1 oz of fat free cheddar melted in with it. It was SO good and it made me feel like I cheated. So that helped, but it didn't help THAT much since my fiance' made THREE personal pizzas-homemade with olive oil on the crust and whatever toppings he wanted. I wanted to just stuff all three of them in my mouth at once. LOL.

Anyway, hope all of you had a great day!!

Kara :-)
Old 06-23-2008, 08:05 PM   #138  

Tara - about the sweet potato fries...

Maybe you're cutting them smaller than the recipe. Try cooking it for a shorter period of time, or keep looking in on them, or cook at a lower heat.

I cut up the potatoes and put in a ziplock bag. I add in the olive oil and some pepper then close the bag and mix them up. I let them sit overnight (since I'm trying to prepare everything ahead of time to make it easier) and bake. I keep checking in on them every 5 minutes or so.

Hope that helps, since they are so super YUMMY!!!!! Even if they weren't on the plan!
Old 06-23-2008, 08:35 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 171/168/140

Height: 5'5

Good idea annie, I'm going to cut mine up tonight for tomorrow's dinner.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:06 PM   #140  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by kara d bride2b View Post
but it didn't help THAT much since my fiance' made THREE personal pizzas-homemade with olive oil on the crust and whatever toppings he wanted. I wanted to just stuff all three of them in my mouth at once. LOL.

Kara :-)
You are so funny! all three of them in mouth at once! but personal pizza does sound good. YUMMY... :P (Im just making it worse here, ain't I?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by annierew View Post
Like a lot of you, I think that I'm going to stay on detox for a couple more days. I have a big weekend coming up centered around lots of food and booze, so I figured if I detox for two extra days, I won't worry if I cheat a little this weekend. I'm not planning on cheating, but if it happens!

I did have a little cheat today, but again, it was one of those things that was out of my hands. Okay, I didn't have to have the bread, but I did eat a little bit of it, since it's so delicious. We had a client meeting who ordered for us. She got us all salads, but they had pine nuts and cheese and was already mixed with dressing. Oh well, I ate well the rest of my meals today.
I think I'm going to stay on Detox and weigh on Friday, since I cheated little bit over the weekend. That would be total of 11 days...but then I get to "enjoy" food on weekend, too...and I have a big house party on Friday night so... (although I'm going to try my bestEST to stay on plan...:P)

for you for staying on the plan for the rest of the day! yay! =)
Old 06-23-2008, 10:26 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 312.5/312.5/155

Hahaha, yeah, pizza is most definitely one of my weaknesses. When I first started it haunted me. I really wanted to eat it, all the time. But I didn't. But his, I mean, they looked so good. LOL. He bought the ingredients at the grocery store and made them in the oven, so they were fresh and looked SO good. haha. But I resisted temptation. And my cheesy rice was a good substitute. I like being able to have that 1 oz. of cheese in Phase 2.

That's cool about staying on Phase 1 a little longer. A lot of people seem to be taking that route, and I don't think there's a thing wrong with it. I actually went a few days over Phase 1, not on purpose, but just because I hadn't picked up my goodies from the grocery yet. So I technically started Phase 2 yesterday, even though I finished Phase 1 like 4 days ago.

I'm just happy about all the energy I've had. I have been cleaning my house like it hasn't been cleaned in a year. I have done the living room and the kitchen-just getting rid of stuff I don't use or need, etc., to donate. I did 1/2 of my computer room for the last 2 days. I had to clean out my file cabinet, etc. I am honestly doing more work on it than my fiance'-LOL.

Have a great night all!!!
Old 06-23-2008, 11:18 PM   #142  
Started Fat Smash 6/16

S/C/G: 286/276/250

Height: 5'7

Count me in on another staying on Phase 1 longer. I have my sisters graduation party coming up on Sunday and I know I wont stay on plan. There will be way to much good greek food lol
Old 06-24-2008, 12:16 AM   #143  
Can't wait till 170

Quote:
Tara - about the sweet potato fries...

Maybe you're cutting them smaller than the recipe. Try cooking it for a shorter period of time, or keep looking in on them, or cook at a lower heat.

I cut up the potatoes and put in a ziplock bag. I add in the olive oil and some pepper then close the bag and mix them up. I let them sit overnight (since I'm trying to prepare everything ahead of time to make it easier) and bake. I keep checking in on them every 5 minutes or so.

Hope that helps, since they are so super YUMMY!!!!! Even if they weren't on the plan!
Thank you Annie! Do yours turn out kinda crispy or more like baked potato? (so i know what to look for... :P) It's kinda hard to keep checking in on them at my oven because it doesn't have see through glass so it sucks because I have to open the oven every time I want to check. Also, do you flip them like the recipe says?

I will have to try tomorrow again...since I am missing it.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:22 AM   #144  

Quote:
Originally Posted by taragettingthin View Post
Thank you Annie! Do yours turn out kinda crispy or more like baked potato? (so i know what to look for... :P) It's kinda hard to keep checking in on them at my oven because it doesn't have see through glass so it sucks because I have to open the oven every time I want to check. Also, do you flip them like the recipe says?

I will have to try tomorrow again...since I am missing it.

You're going to LOVE them! I mix them around the pan once or twice. You can cook them however you like fries normally, cut thick for steak fries; small for shoestring. Then cook the same, if you like crispy, then keep in a bit, then if you like them soft, don't cook as long. I do taste them along the way when it looks like they're close to being done. I normally put the timer on for 10-15 minutes (depending on how many I'm cooking) and then flip and let cook again. Once you figure it out, you don't have to keep checking in on them so much. Good Luck!
Old 06-24-2008, 04:28 PM   #145  
Can't wait till 170

Thank you Annie. I have sweet potatoes sitting in ziplock bag and will be trying them for dinner. Will let you know how they turn out.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:12 PM   #146  

Has anyone felt as if they had eaten too much for dinner even if the foods are premitted? I think I have.

Please tell me what you think... nothing but the truth.

1 C prepared brown rice
1/2 bag of steamfresh asian veggies
onions, scallions & mushrooms
2 T of soy sauce
1 crumbled veggie burger

My plate was full. I feel like I've over done it. I was hungry!
Old 06-24-2008, 06:21 PM   #147  

Quote:
C Bo - only one more day of detox! Woo Hoo!!!!
No, annie. I have 2 more days. I cheated this weekend .
Old 06-24-2008, 06:23 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 202/???/120

Height: 5'3"

Fellow Smashers:

I am soooo proud of myself today. I needed to go shopping and usually when I shop I get so hungry that I stop at a fast food place and eat whatever is handy but today I went prepared I took a bag of carrots with me to snack on until I could get back home and it really helped curb my desire to stop. Although, i have to admit I really wanted to stop and get something. Anyway I made it back home w/o stopping. Mexican food is my downfall and I was craving Mexican food so I opened a can of black beans and mashed them up like refried beans heated it with a little cheese (I know not on the list but it was just a little) and then poured jalapeno juice over and it was really good. It satisfied my craving for Mexican food w/o ruining the diet. I may try it again but add some brown rice. I too am going out of town this weekend but will try to stay within the limits of the diet.

Jan
Old 06-24-2008, 07:52 PM   #149  

Janbot - That was a great substitution for Mexican. I LOVE refried beans, so I think that's a great idea. I'm going to try it. Good job on passing up on old habits.

C Bo - I hear you on going two more days on detox. I'm anxious to allow more foods into my diet, but in the meantime, I think I'm going to detox two more days, too. I had a few items off plan, so I figured this could keep me on track. Plus, this weekend is a busy one, and I'm sure there will be a slip up or two. I'm trying really hard to plan good options, but how much can one resist temptation? We're having a 60th bday party for my father and there will be ice cream cake (yummy, yummy, yummy), soft pretzels, good food and who knows what else?

Also, I don't think you ate too much unless you felt stuffed at the end. There are some days where I'm never filled, and then some where I only eat a little bit. I guess we have to learn to know when enough is enough.

Tara - Good luck with your fries tonight!

Lisa - Greek food, yum yum gimme some! Good luck with the temptation. I hope there are some good choices for you, and if not, I hope you really enjoy the food!

Kara - all that talk about pizza is making me crave some. That is a huge weakness of mine, and I can never remember a time when I was sick of pizza. And when you're done cleaning your house, why don't you stop by mine? I am getting more energy, but I feel like there's just so much more to do lately. I would love a vacation soon! Luckily there's one set up for the end of August, so it gives me time to lose some weight by then, but it would be nice to be sitting on a beach right about now!
Old 06-24-2008, 09:26 PM   #150  
Can't wait till 170

Janmot, thanks for the idea. I have some black beans at home but wasn't sure what to do with them. Since I love refried beans, I think I'm going to try it, too.

C Bo - I have mixed rice and veggies . . and although it was only 1 cup of cooked rice, it always seemed like it was A LOT. I think it's because of veggies that are added. As long as you didn't feel stuffed, like annie said, I don't think it was too much.

Annie, sweet potato turned out great. Actually my bf cut it up and he did like chips. Some of them were little thick and some of them were very thin. The very thin ones turned out JUST LIKE CHIPS! About 10 minutes each side, and it was pretty good, not crisp, though. I know most of them were kinda thick, so next time we are going to cut them really thin and then cook little bit less, since the thin ones were little bit burnt this time.