Old 07-14-2008, 11:48 AM   #196  

Height: 5'8"

C Bo & Janmot - Are you chickies ready to start one more time? I don't want to go back to eating fruits and veggies, but I definitely want to go back to feeling good like I did when I was eating fruits and veggies.

This time I did something that I haven't done before...I actually weighed myself this morning. I'm so not a fan of the scale, so this is a big step for me. When I dropped several sizes this past year, I only dropped a couple pounds, which bummed me out. I wanted the number to go with the sizes. The silly thing was that I felt great about myself other than the weight number, and that's when I decided to not check it out anymore. The only problem...it didn't give me any accountability. So, I weighed and measured myself and am taking my pictures tonight. If I'm doing this, I'm going in full speed ahead. I kept adjusting this plan to my own plan, and it turns out, I don't know how to do that. If I did, then I wouldn't need to be on a diet, would I? Ha. So, I'm giving myself over completely, which is hard for me. Hopefully I won't let myself get off plan without reaching my goals...again.

Here we go...
Old 07-14-2008, 01:22 PM   #197  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone. It's been awhile since I posted on here. For some reason, I didn't see a big result during the Phase 1. Well, I still have been working out and eating healthy, using what I learned from FSD..with lots of fruits and veggies. I'm down 3.4 lbs since 26-Jun. I know not as much as some of the FSD people but loss is loss and people at work are starting to notice my loss so I'm trying to renew my vow in eating healthier every day.

Just wanted to stop by and say hi to all of you! =)
Old 07-14-2008, 04:02 PM   #198  

S/C/G: 202/???/120

Height: 5'3"

Annie,
I also weighed and measured myself this morning and quickly ate my oatmeal with blueberries. I then found an exercise station on my cable tv that was really neat. I had watched a commercial in which Jillian from The Biggest Looser advertised an exercise station on cable. If you have digital it is free. They have 10 minute pilates, yoga, and all kinds of cardio. Since I am so out of shape I did the 10 minute pilates and I could actually do it w/o passing out. What is neat about it is that they offer all kinds and at different fitness levels. You can also get access to it at any time so for those insomniacs out there this is also perfect and you wont' get into a rut when it comes to exercise since they have so many varieties to choose from. Like you I am determined to stick with it and not cheat.

Jan
Old 07-16-2008, 09:36 AM   #199  

Hey Guys,
Remember the exercise channel I talked about Monday - I only did 10 minutes of Pilates Abs and I am sore today so even though it was a short workout I am really feeling the burn.

Now I need help with breakfast. I usually just have oatmeal with berries but I know that when school starts I will probably rush out of the house w/o eating. I don't really like fruit first thing in the morning so I am trying to find something to eat for breakfast that fits the diet. Any ideas? Mornings are tough for me because I am not hungry or I just want something simple like toast or a granola bar. For some reason I like something crunchy in the morning. Maybe when I am on the later phases I will have more options.
Jan
Old 07-16-2008, 09:44 AM   #200  

Have you tried the oatmeal cookies? If you like crunchy you could bake them longer so they have a crunchy texture.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:54 AM   #201  

No I haven't tried the cookies but that sounds great. I do have another problem though that happened a little while ago. I woke up this morning feeling great but I wasn't hungry. I had to force myself to eat a little oatmeal with blueberries. I took about 3 bites and had enough. I started cleaning out closets when all of a sudden I felt dizzy and sick to my stomach. I literally had to sit down and I drank a 24oz bottle of water. I am still waiting for this weird feeling to go away. Has anyone else had this happen to them. I suffered headaches the first time I did the FSD but not this. Any advice?
Jan
Old 07-25-2008, 01:17 AM   #202  

S/C/G: 312.5/312.5/155

Height: 5'7"

Hey all my friends!!! I missed you all so much. I think part of me felt really guilty because I went off plan, and I didn't want to come post because I felt so bad about it. But I decided to come back because I felt my best when I was getting support from my friends!!! So here's what happened with me:

I went to TN, and it was supposed to be this vacation where I ate all of my good healthy foods and it didn't hurt me. But instead, I allowed myself to have stuff that was not on the program. So there was 7 days of not eating right. Then I got home, and I was supposed to get back on track because I messed up on the vacation. But then I convinced myself that I'd quit eating off the diet as soon as Ryan's b-day had passed (that was a 5 day period). But then Ryan's b-day came and went, and I went to the grocery and got all my healthy food, then we had another vacation coming up this past weekend, so I said, ok I'll just start when I get back from vacation. And I did. I went to my trainer yesterday and started eating healthy today. I'm VERY happy that I'm back on track, but very disappointed that I allowed myself to backtrack this much and take away time that I could've been succeeding. Oh, well, I can't dwell over what mistakes I made, I just have to learn from them and know that in the future I can't do that. I just am glad I'm back with y'all and know that everyone has those problems from time to time.

How is everyone doing??
Old 07-27-2008, 03:41 PM   #203  

Kara,
Don't feel bad, you just described what most of us have done countless times. I was soooo ready to start this program but it quickly went out the window as soon as I am faced with temptation. I too am trying to stick with it but I am working very hard to add as much exercise to my routine so that if I do eat something I am not suppose to it won't be as harmful. I had a gym membership but never used it so I started going back to the gym. Then I do about 10 minutes of the different exercise options on my cable tv about 3 days a week. I am not cheating as far as chips or potatoes but I am eating more on the line of the later phases without going on phase 1. I can't seem to stick to phase 1 the way I did the first time around so I'm not. I don't have any major weight loss to report but I do feel better.
Jan
Old 07-31-2008, 10:09 PM   #204  
Latoya wants to be a 10!

S/C/G: 201/184.5/160

Height: 5'5"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am officially on contract as a teacher next week and I think it is stressing me out! I told myself that I was going to resume EFS this week, but it just didn't happen. I have watched myself consciously eat horrible foods this week. I think I had potatoes three times today and they were all fried variations. My bathroom in my new apartment has this huge wall mirrors and as I undressed to shower a little while ago I just got disgusted. I remember telling someone on the forum a couple of weeks ago that I loved how I look naked (I think it was Cmint), but now I don't know. I have only gained back 2 of the 10 lbs that I lost back in June, so I know that I will have no problem getting back on track. I do worry about trying to eat and snack the several times during the day. My planning period is at 8:00 am (shortly after breakfast for me) and then the kids have a snack break after they return from P.E., which is around 9 a.m. We won't have lunch until a little after 12. I'm worried that I will be terribly hungry and will go overboard when I do eat. I also don't want to fill myself with water so I won't be running to the restroom during instructional time (our reading/language arts block is 3 hours). I have to get this done because I do want to get back to a healthy weight and feel as energetic as I did in June. Are there any school teachers out there who have followed fat smash and have been successful with it despite scheduling? I need motivation right now.