Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Good Afternoon CER's!!

And what a great day it is!!!
I am so very HAPPY with the outcome!!

I am so sorry I cannot stay, but I have tons to do today and haven't been feeling very well since yesterday... think it's a bug, but it's not hitting me hard, just with a terrible migraine headache so it makes it difficult to see. I could hardly see where I was going yesterday, but Joe took me to the polls and we voted then I came home to rest.

I'll be back as soon as I am able to touch base with each of you.
*God Bless America!*

*May God Bless You!*

SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 11-03-2004, 02:30 PM   #32  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hi all!

I was up way too late last night, talking to Doug and watching the election results. I'm happy with the result too, i have to say. I'm also glad the ads are over and maybe we can get back to normal.

Going to PT tonight and then i'm having a dog date with John! I'm taking Simba over to his house to see how she does with his dog Cody and to see how she reacts at his house and if he can watch her when i go to CA. I'm hoping it works out. I'm worried that Simba will be a little protective, or maybe she'll be so happy to see Cody and i'm sure she'll love John, she always likes men.

Sunny~I'm sorry you aren't feeling well, sweets...Do you know what the problem is? You take care of yourself. How sweet of your dear Joe. I want one just like him!
Old 11-03-2004, 02:42 PM   #33  

Default Wednesday!

Wilma- I too am struggling with the sugar thing...I'm out of control these days. It's 2:40 pm and I will start right now...again, to just stay away from it all together.

Mitchy- You sound busy these days. Sounds like you're having fun.

Sunny- Outcome is good.

Teel- It's sunny here today but we may get some snow on Friday.

Can't chat long...DF is home from hospital. He will have to be very careful due to blood thinners. Amen he is home. My "in charge and in control" sister is driving me crazy...oh well. It's these situations that brings out our characteristics in all of us.

I want one like Joe too! Hope you're feeling better Sunny and take in all that care...I'm jealous!

Bye!

Last edited by mkay; 11-03-2004 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Addition
Old 11-03-2004, 07:08 PM   #34  
to a thinner me!!!

Mitchypoo ~ So far I'm feeling great. I'm going to enjoy this pregnancy because hubby says this is the last one.

Teel ~ thank you!

EZMoney ~ Oh no you're a Raiders fan! YIKES! My husband and I go rounds during football season. He's a Raiders fan and I'm a HUGE HUGE HUGE Broncos fan.

SunnyD~ Thank you so much! Both of my boys are extremely happy. They both want another sister. My daughter ... she's too funny. Every time I ask her "Do you want a baby?" she says, "NO." I'm sure she has no idea what I'm asking her, but she says it every time! LOL!

*~*~*

Well, I weighed in on Monday and I'm up 8 pounds from the last month. YIKES! I knew I wasn't eating right, but I didn't realize how bad it was. So it's time to go back on project status. It's time to start focusing on more water, fruits, and veggies. It's time to cut back on all the refined foods I've been overindulging in. Oh how sad I am because I'm give up my Diet Pepsi. Sigh!

I also wanted to share something special that happen to me. I'm a fairly new Christian. I haven't felt a divine moment when I just knew the Holy Spirit was talking to me. Last Friday I was on my way to the grocery store. I was approaching a pretty busy intersection. I'd say I was about 1000 feet from the intersection when the Holy Spirit told me that I was going to get into a car accident. I'll admit that I'm a little speed demon. I instantly took my foot off the accelerator and paid close attention to a car approaching the intersection from the opposite direction (on my right). Once I could tell he was slowing down I thought it was safe to start accelerating again. Just as I turned my attention back to the intersection this car pulled out in front of me. I slammed on my brakes! She didn't even flinch. She didn't attempt to slam on her brakes. She just made a left hand turn (against a red arrow) and just kept on driving. Before I was through the intersection I just knew it was the Holy Spirit that saved me from a head-on collision. I immediately started to cry. That was the first time I felt something so powerful. I didn't even make it to the grocery store. I turned around and went home. I was such an emotional wreck. I just wanted to share with all of you. I don't talk about the Lord with anyone of my friends. Many of them are not religious. I'm working on them though. I think the Lord has brought many of my new friends into my life so I can spread His word (my friends here in town).

Here are some pictues of my family (so you know who your chatting with).

This is Austin, he's 6

This is Ryan, he's 3 1/2

This is MaKenna, she's 18 months

and this is my husband Paul and I
Old 11-04-2004, 08:18 AM   #35  

WOW!! Praise The Lord on-My-weigh FOR HE is good!! I am SO thankful you are safe and sound although shaken after your very near miss car accident. You certainly DO hear The Holy Spirit talking to you...and clear!! Well done for recognising His voice!! A BIG HUG from me and I expect everyone else on this thread...I wanna cry now too!!!
Great pictures of the family! And you look SO SLIM in that photo!! I hope DD starts to look forward to her sister or brother! Keep well and GOD BLESS!!! (And I know He is already!!)

It has come out a gorgeous blue sky sunny day here in England today. I should take Holly for a walk this afternoon. I have just finished a physio session with my private physio. She is lovely and very kind and treats you like a person not just a patient. I made her laugh 'cos I told her and her secretary that I dreamt about them both last night in the same dream! Her secretary was handing out mugs of tea from a tray to a room full of waiting patients! I think that would be a very good idea!

SUNNY I hope by the time you read this you are feeling a lot better than of late! There are a few very nasty bugs around especially at this time of year. Rest, drink lots of fluid and wrap up warm and I trust you will be better very quick..

MKAY I am glad to hear DF is home from the hospital. I know the drug HEPARIN but what is the other one you mentioned? CUMIDIN?? My mother is on warfarin as a blood thinner and is having a difficult time getting the right blood level results she has been told to have. Not that she herself can do anything to change the results but she does worry about it A LOT!! Hope DF continues to do well and make a full recovery. Sorry DS is being a control freak! Let her have her way, it will make life easier in the long run even though it may be more stressfull for you right now

I had a change of meds again last week. I am actually pleased about this! For months I have been going crazy with side effects from Oxycontin...insomnia and involuntary muscle spasms...and AT LAST I have persuaded my g.p. to change me to Morphine Sulphate Tablets. Trouble is yesterday I slept on and off till 11:30hrs!! (hey! Mr Blush is back!!hee hee!) which was actually very nice and totally unexpected but I feel way too long especially as I sometimes have morning appointments to get up for! So I have halved the dose for now to allow my body to get used to it a bit without turning me into a zombie for most of the day!! Unfortunately the pains in my ribs and back do seem worse so I am very unsure now what to do. Lacking wisdom here I am sorry to admit!!

Ok time for me to go and seek inspiration as to what to have for lunch! (no not one of these...the cupboard is looking rather empty I think it will have to be a cup-of-soup!)

Bye bye all. Please take care...LISTEN FOR HIS VOICE!!! God Bless!!!
Love from Teel xx

Last edited by teel; 11-04-2004 at 08:24 AM.
Old 11-04-2004, 09:05 AM   #36  

Smile Thursday and Almost The Weekend!

He everyone!

Teel- Thank you for your words regarding dad. When they took the IV out of him at the hospital... blood all over! His levels were not where they should have been so more adjustments were made re the meds and I'm sure they will need adjusting again. Mom tried to walk outside with him yesterday but they only got a few feet and had to come back in and get him on his oxygen. I'm wondering if this is the beginning of the end. I will be going to their place Saturday a.m. and cooking them a fun breakfast.

How about you? Whew...to get some sleep...but to go in and out of sleep all day is probably not the best. Boy when you get a full night sleep you'll have to share so we can celebrate on our forum.

Do you have a pic of you and Holly to share? Hope so.

Mitchy- I'll bet you're getting excited about Doug's arrival. I sure would be. How did Simba do with John and his doggy? I'll bet you're getting the cold weather now aren't you. A lady at the hospital said it took her and DH not even 1 1/2 hours to get to MN from MI. Hey...maybe sometime meet half way!

On My Weigh- WOW! You guys are a great looking couple and since I "had" two daughters of my own (they are grown and not living with me anymore), I'll take that princess off your hands anytime! Yeah, best to start eating for baby...healthy. You really don't want that refined stuff in baby anyway. Congrats and I will be praying for your pregnancy!

Sunny- Are you feeling better today? Gosh, I hope you and Joe aren't playing out and about too much. Stay home and veg and play board games and GET HEALTHY!

Wilma- Oh oh oh...the sugar again yesterday. I can't do this. I asked God today to help me get a handle on this. I am going to go back to Phase I of the South Beach. I won't even be able to sorta do it. I got on the scales today and I'm up 5 pounds since Rachel's wedding. NO MORE! My pants yesterday were tight in the waist and I get cranky when I'm feeling fat as well as being fat. Prayers our way for us and our battles against sugar.

EZ- Busy these days? Is Angie's site up an running yet? When DH is on his two-week hunting excursion, I will be on line more playing so I will be sure to ck it out then.

Did KP duty at church last night (tried to get out of it again). I MUST NOT keep trying to just go home and stay put on Wednesdays...I made a committment to the kitchen/cook lady and I struggle with going at night. Only 4 more times. I do know that one of those times I will not be there.

Bingo with the folks from Shepherd's of Independence. For those who do now know who they are, they people who have not done well on the streets, in foster homes, structured shelters, etc. They can come and go as they please, they are all on some sort of med, most are either diagnosed as major bi-polar, phsycotic (sp) or something of the sort; physical or mentally handicapped and live on disability or SS. Lots have seen jail/prison and have a criminal record of some sort.

I've been hanging on to some of the really nice items I find at the thrift stores/donations and that appears new) for Christmas. I would love to have at least one item from me to them for that day. I also have a barrel from the facility to put here at work to request new items for the holiday.

Well, back to work. Thought I'd just ck in. Catch ya all later!

Hugs and Love and Prayers and Good Thoughts!
Old 11-04-2004, 09:54 AM   #37  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Sorry, no time to really post, i'll try at lunch.......but I had to say..

On my weigh......what adorable kids and that's a very nice pic of you and hubby!

Mkay, I would LOVE to meet you half-way, that would be so much fun! Where in general in MI are you? I'll try to figure out a good point to meet......and SUNNY....i guess i can't figure out my geography right now, but would it be a possibility for you to meet too? Wouldn't that be fun!!!?
Old 11-04-2004, 04:50 PM   #38  

Default Me Again!

Mitchy- I am in Grand Rapids; 30 miles from the shoreline. Sunny, where in OH are you?

FYI...I don't drive in snow for trips. EEK! But...I'd consider it. Actually, I've always wanted to take a train somewhere and NEVER have. I'm too sheltered.
Old 11-05-2004, 11:43 AM   #39  
to a thinner me!!!

Teel ~ Thank you for your very sweet words. Yes I am a bit smaller in that picture (about 20 pounds). Unfortunately I won't be seeing that figure anytime soon. LOL

May I ask why your doing physical therapy?

MKay ~ Oh I waited FOREVER for my sweet lil' princess. I'll keep her for now, but I may think about sending her your way when she's a TEENAGER. YIKES!

How wonderful of you to buy presents for people at Shepherd's of Independence. This winter our playgroup is making blankets for the homeless shelter down the street.

I pray that your father gets better. Enjoy your breakfast tomorrow.

SunnyD ~ Sure hope your feeling better. Miss your bright posts!

Mitchypoo, MKay, & SunnyD ~ I belong to another weight loss forum. We just met in person last month. We took a 3-day cruise to Mexico. It was so much fun. There was nine of us who were able to go.

~*~*~*~

Well the weekend is almost here. I can't wait. My husband has been working long hours this week. I've been keeping busy with my playgroup. I'm not sure if I mentioned that before. I just finished making a message board for a local playgroup I started. So far we're having tons of fun. Yesterday I made tie-dyed T-shirts for all the kids in the group. We're going to Sears on Sunday to have our pictures taken. Hopefully the lil' ones with participate. Other than that, nothing new and exciting happening here. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Stay safe and stay warm!

Here's a picture of Kenna in her new shirt

Last edited by on_my_weigh; 11-05-2004 at 11:51 AM.
Old 11-05-2004, 11:50 AM   #40  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

I think Sunny is in Eastern Ohio, so how would Chicago work for you?

Oh, Kenna is so adorable!! What a cutie!
Old 11-05-2004, 12:18 PM   #41  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Hello Everyone!
Teel, Wilma, Michele, On-my-weigh, MKay ~ I am so touched by all your posts and concerns for me Thank-you!

I am feeling so much better now - not sure what I had/have, I didn't feel like I usually do when I get the flu. It started with a headache for 2 days and then just felt zapped of energy... no fever either (thank goodness). I still feel a bit on the shaky side today (I feel it from deep within - strange), but at least the sun is shinning and that makes me feel better.

I really do not have the time at the moment to post to each of you wonderful people (and I have allot of reading to catch up with here yet), but the first chance I get I will be back to do so... okay. I have been working on some Thanksgiving & Christmas cards (for when I see my family the week of Thanksgiving) since I haven't felt well enough to go out lately. Joe & I are going to Maine the week of Nov 19th - 28th... and I have tons to get done (this darn bug set me back too ). We did some Christmas shopping for them a few weeks ago, so I could bring everything instead of mailing it all this year and I still have to get them wrapped up and ready to go. We will see my parents, my sister & her 2 girls & my brother & his 3 boys. So much to do, so little time to do it in

On-my-weigh ~ Lovely, lovely pictures!!! You have a BEAUTIFUL family!!! As for you... you are georgous ! I so enjoy seeing whom I am speaking to... just beautiful!

I'll be back everyone... till then...
*God Bless you all*
Luvs,
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 11-05-2004, 04:57 PM   #42  

Default Helllleeeewwww!

Only have a few minutes. Almost quitting time.

Mitchy- Too deep into Chicago will freak me out driving (I'm being honest and a baby). Let me look at a map too so I can get a better idea.

DH is home from his overnighter in the UP. I even got some flowers today from him. I asked him if he was guilty of anything...
Old 11-05-2004, 05:04 PM   #43  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Mkay, i'm open to whatever you are comfortable with....... Wow......flowers from DH! Way cool!
Old 11-06-2004, 03:03 PM   #44  

Default Hmmm....

I thought I put up a post earlier today and I can't find it now. So if this seems repititve, I apologize in advance.

Sunny D- Thank you for the scripture on tattoos. I wasn't sure if tatts were okay, because I heard it wasn't considered good in the Bible, but I've seen lots of church ladies (well young ones) w/new tatts over the summer.

Everyone- Sorry I haven't been here in a week. I have been very busy being a mommy, house cleaner, cook, taxi (to my brother who is currently w/out car) that the only time I've had is the shower in the morning, my workouts, and sleeping. *sigh* I feel good and quite relaxed right now.

Halloween and the two days after was a little bit of a struggle for me, but I still lost a pound so I guess that's pretty good. I am excited for Thanksgiving since it will be Kyle's first one. I am just wondering how to get through the holidays while trying to stick to my goal. Any ideas??

Tomorrow is another big day for us because it will Kyle's baby dedication day!! We are very excited. I bought him a cute outfit and I can't wait to take some family pics. Please pray for my family as my husband, who really loves God, is having a difficult being the spiritual leader of our family. My husband likes going to church, but is weary of making a connection and commitment in our church. We live in the Dallas area and the move from Seattle to here has been rough on him. There are a lot of wealthy people there who dress in expensive clothing, drive expensive cars, and he has told me he worries about not fitting in. He even told me, I don't fit in because I am not the typical Dallas girl. I don't own more than two pairs of shoes, I don't have a lot clothes, stylish haircuts, etc. He is worried we're going to look like losers at our new church. Thanks!!!

Sarah-Rachelle
Old 11-06-2004, 07:01 PM   #45  

Hi I am sorry I have not been around. I sure have missed all of you and I see there are a lot of new people I have missed so much. To the one expecting in June Congratulations!!!!!!!!! I am the Mother of 6 and my DD is expecting april 18th. She was high risk and now she is doing so well they think she is going to do fine for the rest of her pg. Keep her in your prayers please! She worried me because she busted a vessel in her eye and it looked awful. That happens to me because of my high blood pressure. And I hope she isn't having BP problems. My Mom had a cat scan last week and they called and think she has another type of cancer. She had a bisopy done on Thursday. We see the cancer Dr. on Wensday so I will know more then. The stress is making my fibo worse so they have had to up my meds. I am also very busy at work trying to get all the Christmas help hired. I was so upset Friday at work because in a matter of 4 hrs we had 4 people quit that I had just hired and spent all this time training. And two of them couldn't afford to by work clothes and I got my work to provide them for them and they quit as soon as they get thier first paycheck. No reason given. One Lady did write us a letter and said she felt we were to short handed and that stressed her. (she had a sit down job handing out # to peope when they tried on clothes) Well enough about my problems. I will try to post againg soon and catch up on all the new people.
I want to thank Donna for the Email. I am going through so much right now and it is such a blessing to know people care. I can't even tell you how much that means to me. This post has always been wonderful people sharing each others burdens. And that is such a blessing. I thank God when I think of all of you.

Will post soon.
Sami
Closed Thread