Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2004, 02:35 PM   #61  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

MKay, I checked and it's $57 round trip for me, and only about 6 hours. The only way to go!! Thanks for the idea.
Old 11-09-2004, 02:42 PM   #62  

Let's put a date out there and see what we come up with.

Nov 26, 27, 28 (I don't have a life)
Dec 11, 12 (still don't have a life)
Dec 18, 19 (ok, I have to get a life)

I'll send a PM to you as well.
Old 11-09-2004, 02:53 PM   #63  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Good morning friends I sure missed everybody.

Sunny must be off doing something fun the last couple of days.

Hope Kyle is feeling better real soon. I bet he was cute and it sounds like you did pretty good at the dedication dinner. I tear up over everything lately but I have had a lot of emotional stuff lately to deal with so I think they are at the forefront to begin with so any little thing just sets me off.

3.5 days is so close it will be here before you know it. Love the sounds of your outfit for dinner. Thanks for the welcome back.

Mkay, you are sounding good these days. Everything on the home front peaceful? What's with the trip to Chicago, just a few fun days? I like to visit Chicago myself. As always I love to eat there. I bet you will enjoy your alone time with DH gone for a few days. I always do.

Continued prayers for Sami and DM. Lots of ((((())))) sent your way. This is tough but God will walk you all though this.

I am entering into my "I hate the holidays" winter depression. I just like to fast forward from here to January 1st and get it over with. My employees call me "Grinch." Personally, I think it is from the FMS and I try to do too much and get too tired then end up being sick by Christmas. Just not sure how to do "less."

Still have not heard when my uncle's funeral is so I am thinking this weekend. I am feeling a little better today so going to the restaurant for a little bit and then back home. DH arranged for someone to work for me tonight so I didn't have to be out too late and can get some more rest before traveling.

Teel, how are you doing?

Gary, where are you???? How are you??? and Angie, and the pups, and the kids???? Our pups are doing pretty good but boy they totally destroyed the backyard this year so we know what next springs project is.

The kids are out looking at options for their home but nobody is being very diligent about calling them back on anything. My son is really getting too stressed about it. They did find a lot model they really liked that is tore down and ready to deliver but they aren't sure they can get financing (bad history) for it.

Okay, I am off to work for a little bit, everybody have a wonderful day. Love ya,

Last edited by Bunnababy; 11-09-2004 at 02:57 PM.
Old 11-09-2004, 05:37 PM   #64  

Mkay and Mitchy, Thanks for your support. You guys rock. I can feel yours and everyone's prayers.

Everyone, have a great day and evening!!!

Hugs,
Sarah-Rachelle
Old 11-10-2004, 09:53 AM   #65  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

I just had to tell you all real quick that last night's support group went well! PTL! I was nervous, but my co-facilitator was even more as i came to find out later. She wasn't very talkative and told us after that she almost didn't come, she was so nervous. I tried to encourage her and I know that we CAN do this. I know after one time that i'll feel more comfortable next time. I think we were able to meet their needs, we only had 2 ladies, but that's ok. I wanted to tell them about the prayer, but decided to keep it to myself. I was VERY comforted that i knew their was prayer for us......so thank dear ones...

The bad news is that the facilitator who has been training us resigned (for personal reasons she said) and she'll be with us 1 more week and then we're on our own. Very sad because i really like her, and she asked us if we would consider doing the group weekly instead of every other week. Without hesitation i said i could do it weekly. I finally feel like i'm able to do something helpful and constructive and it's also going to help in my healing, i can tell. Sorry to go on and on.....

2.5 days!! We talked again last night til after midnight. I sure hope we still have something to talk about in person!....
Old 11-10-2004, 12:50 PM   #66  
Bunnababy

Good morning all. I see how this works now, I come back and everybody leaves.

Glad group went well Mitchy. Now is this the group for battered women or are you talking about or something else? I am feeling a little lost being gone for a little bit and then not feeling good enough to be on here.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Old 11-10-2004, 02:09 PM   #67  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Good Afternoon Gang...

I am so sorry I haven't been around lately, I have been so very busy getting ready for our trip to Maine next week!!! I had gifts to buy & wrap, cards to make for Thanksgiving, Christmas & Birthdays in my family while we are visiting. Because I was so ill all of last week I didn't get some things done that I planned to, so I am working hard to finish in the last 9 days we have left. Joe has taken the day off today and we went shopping this morning for a few things and he is outdoors now putting up our Christmas lights, so he won't be doing it when we get back in the cold. It's actually 60* right now and perfect for getting that done. Then this evening we are heading back out to the stores to finish up some shopping... then tomorrow I am out the door early to get some grocery shopping done for Lisa (she's watching our boys & living here while we are gone) and then Lisa is coming back with me to stay the evening and watch what I do to care for the boys (our kitties, for those who don't know ). I am sure that Lisa will do a wonderful job, but I still worry about leaving them. They are so attached to me as I am to them.

Forgive me for not addressing each of you in detail as I so fondly enjoy, but I just do not have the time to before I leave... I am feeling so much better now and am so glad to see that you all are keeping this thread alive. I have lost another POUND I'm down 26 lbs. now... guess the virus I caught was good for something

Special request: May I have *Prayers* for a safe trip there and home please... ... ...

*~*~*

Bunna ~ *WELCOME HOME, GIRL!* It's really good to have you home... and back with us. Now it's my turn! I will post regularly once I get home at the end of the month... I will be back on here the first week of December, okay. It has been very quiet here lately, don't feel bad. Just so much to do getting ready for trips & Holiday and all... not to mention illness that creeps in when you least expect it.

Michele ~ You have my prayers that all goes as you hope with meeting Doug... God's Blessings and ENJOY yourself!

Wilma ~ Continued thoughts and prayers for you as well Luck with your kitchen!

Sami ~ It is so good to see that you stopped by... I'll be back soon. Thanks for the lovely note

Sarah-Rachelle ~ Cute avatar!! Glad I could be of help with the tattoo's

MKay ~ Hang in there girl... winter does that to us - weight begins to creep upon us. It's almost as if the mind tells the body to bulk up for the winter like a bear or something

Teel ~ Thanks sweetie ... I am feeling so much better --- just so very, very busy right now is all.

Angie-Wangie ~ How are you these days???

On-my-weigh ~ I am so glad to hear that your children are looking forward to the new baby too... how exciting for everyone!!! Stay well now - rough time of year to be pregnant What state to do you live in, if I may ask?

Gary ~ MISS YOU GUY!!!!!

Marilyn ~ I MISS YOU TOO!!! Where are your Devotions??

Sue ~ Come out, come out, wherever you are???

*~*~*

Hello's to all you other MIA's out there!
Come back real soon!!!!!

I really must be going now... catch you all when I get home in December, okay. Miss me I know I will surely miss you all!!!!! Keep this tread alive & going gang, okay

(((Luvs & Hugs)))
SunnyD
<><

*Have a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving Day CER's and make great Memories that will last you a Lifetime*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 11-10-2004, 03:29 PM   #68  

Sunny, Thank you! I grew up w/Rainbow Brite, she was my fave doll/cartoon charachter from the time I was four until I was 6 or 7.

Having a ho-hum kinda day. Kyle is still sick, so we're homebound for a little bit, until he feels better. I am starting to keep track of what I eat (and calories) in a spiral instead of online. It's a pain to run to the computer to record everything I put in my mouth. Writing it down on real paper will help me out of my little funk, I think. That way I can see in my own handwriting, what I am doing that is working, and what I'm doing that isn't working.

Have a great day ladies!!

Sarah-Rachelle
Old 11-10-2004, 04:50 PM   #69  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

How am i going to survive with Sunny gone until the FIRST WEEK of DECEMBER?????!!!!!

Well, I hope you have a wonderful time anyway, sweets! And you will be in prayer for a safe trip.
Old 11-10-2004, 04:53 PM   #70  

Default November 10, 2004 Dieters Devotional

November 10

Luke 19:40
And he answered and said unto them, 'I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out.'

Preston could hardly contain his excitement as the plane ap-proached its landing. He hadn't seen his sister in over a year. At their last meeting he had weighed about 260 pounds. Now, he was a trim 180. He couldn't wait to see her face. He never remembered being so anxious to see anyone before in his life. It was important to him to please his family, and he knew nothing would please his sister more than to see him looking so good. God give us such experiences to make our sacrifices worthwhile. We can be thankful that God motivates us in such loving ways. With His blessed help, we can't keep from succeeding.

Today's thought: I want others to see me like they've never seen me before!
Old 11-10-2004, 04:55 PM   #71  

Default November 10, 2004 Devotional for Nibblers

Great and Marvelous

I do not occupy myself with things too great and too marvelous for me. - - Psalm 131:1

My friend watched with somethng like awe as I scanned into my computer the battered old picture of her grandmother as a young girl. I opened it in my graphics program, arranged a frame design around it, made it into a greeting card, and printed it on heavy photo paper. She had a special birthday greeitn for her grandmother.

"I watched everything you did, but I could never repeat it," she wailed. "You grasp something I don't understand at all."

However, the next time we were together, she helped me balance my checkbook and complete my income tax return. Now it was my turn to be awed. I hate arithmetic and I have as little to do with numbers as possible; her adding and allocating were amazing.

Clearly, my friend and i have very different gifts. We also have very different personalities. She's outgoing and full of feeling, and I'm more introverted and serious. But we share one thing; we both nibble. And together, we're a powerhouse! So now we're trying to use our separate gifts to support each other inthe fight against overeating.

For Further Reflection
1. How do you use your gifts to serve others?
2. Do you turn to friends for support and inspiration?
3. How hard is it to admit your nbbling problem to others?

Prayer
I need support, God. Show me where I can find a friend or a group. Amen.
Old 11-10-2004, 11:04 PM   #72  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I am fine...just sooo very busy right now...I apologize but haven't had time to read all the posts....but I have to say THANK-YOU to my gals for missing me and as much as I want to address all of you it will have to wait for now...BUT I HAVE TO SEND SUNNY PRAYERS FOR A SAFE TRIP AND MICHELE PRAYERS FOR A SAFE DATE!!! I love all of you and miss you!!! Seriously, we have just been so busy here...all is well with Angie and I and the kids and those darn DIGGIN' puppies!!! For the new gals..PLEASE STAY!!

PRAY FOR OUR TROOPS...HAPPY VETERAN'S DAY...Gary
Old 11-11-2004, 09:53 AM   #73  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Good morning all!

Gary, so happy you checked in to let us know you are OK. I can imagine how busy you must be. Can't wait to hear the details of the goings on and those pups. Pics please when you can get a few minutes. Thank you for the date prayers, much needed, much accepted!

It was in the 20's this a.m. the last of the leaves were falling. We may get snow during Doug's visit, i'm not ready for the snow.......

I'm very nervous about this weekend, everything is not getting done at the house, can't find something nice to wear Sat. guess I'll wear my standby dress. But i keep trying to remember that it'll all work out.....

Marilyn~thank you for the devotions, i've missed you.
Old 11-11-2004, 05:11 PM   #74  
Bunnababy

Boy have I missed those devotions. Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to post them Marilyn.

Gary, good to hear everything is okay.

Mitchy, the date will go wonderfully I am sure. Don't get uptight just be yourself cuz that is why he is coming because he likes you already.

Mkay, hope your day is going great.

Hello to the newbies.

I am still under the weather and eating chicken soup today in attempt to get over this before the funeral. Just wanted to pop in and say hi.
Old 11-11-2004, 05:57 PM   #75  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Bunna~i know you are right, and why do i do this to myself? I'm sorry you are feeling punky. Chicken soup always helps, huh, and maybe some chamomile or peppermint tea...hope you are better soon.
Closed Thread