Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 11:53 PM   #91  

Hey everyone! Sorry it has been awhile since I made it here on the board. Very busy. Kyle is still sick, but getting better. He is going through his separtion anxiety phase where everytime I leave the room, he bawls. Apparently I am the only one who can calm him down, because hubby works long hours...so Kyle is really used to me. Nights have been hard lately. He was able to sleep through the night, but I think his coughing wakes him up and he has trouble getting back to sleep. I can't believe that w/the stress of life (aside from a sick baby) that I am still able to lose weight. I must admit, lately I haven't been giving it my all. However I keep coming back here, I keep being active, and I try (lately somewhat) to not overeat at dinner or after dinner.

EZ- I will check out that site before I head to bed. Sounds like a cool website. Rainbow Brite rules!! I was Rainbow Brite for three Halloweens in a row when I was a kid. She was my hero! MANY little girls in the early-mid 80's LOVED Rainbow Brite. If your daughter is a collector, they sell Rainbow Brite stuff at Target and Wal Mart now. The dolls look the same as they did back then.

Everyone, I would write more, but I want to get some sleep before baby wakes up again. Take Care!! I love what you guys are writing, it keeps me hanging in there.

Hugs,
Sarah-Rachelle
Old 11-16-2004, 07:34 AM   #92  
Southern Belle

Default Tuesday morning

Good Morning CEers!!!!

How is everyone this morning? We've had lots of rain here in central Texas and we are pretty saturated and are supposed to have two more days of rain. I may need to start using the boat when I go to work, traveling all over the county.

I have to work for a little while today instead of being off. UGh! But maybe it won't be too bad. I had hoped to see another 1/2 lb loss this morning but stayed the same. I know I'm not suppose to weigh every day but with the fluid issue, I do. If I see the slightest gain, I take a fluid pill. And that helps a lot. This time since it's cool, I've been drinking Green tea, it's suppose to speed up your metabolism and help you lose. I think it's working!

Gary~ I just love the dogs! I miss our lab so much! Sounds like you and Angie and the kiddos are busy as usual. What's this about maybe moving????: My girls are great! Thanks for asking. Kelli is really busy this year and our high school football team has made the playoffs so it's been really exciting! Kelli is working 6 days a week at a pharmacy and loves it! Kaci is busy with school and gymnastics and growing up.

Marilyn~ Thanks so much for the devotions!! Monday's touched home with me. But lately all my working days seem stressful!

Bunna~ Wow, eventful weekend! Hope this finds your mom doing SO much better!!! Please take time for yourself. Sounds like all of it was pretty stressful. Hope this finds you feeling much much better! {HUGS}

MKay~ Wow, busy week! I would love the spa night.

Michele~ Sorry your weekend didn't quite go the way you expected. Waiting for all the details.

Teel~ Continue praying for you!!! {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Kirsty~ Thanks for keeping us up on Teel. Please let her know we are lifting her up in prayer.

Sarah-Rachelle~ I hope this finds Kyle feeling much much better and mom a little less tired. Sounds like you have the losing weight thing down since among all your stresses you continue to lose. Hang in there! {hugs}

Sami~ I miss hearing from you. Look forward to when you come back.

Sunny~ Miss you!

Hope EVERYONE has a GREAT Tuesday!!!!

Last edited by sunshinelady; 11-16-2004 at 07:55 AM.
Old 11-16-2004, 11:38 AM   #93  

Default Tuesday!

Hi All...

Sunshine lady- The spa party went fun and girly. I wasn't interested in any sales...just wanted people to have a warm and cooshy night.

Teel- Hurry and be well our friend from far away. Thank you Kristi for keeping us posted.

Michele- Hmmm...I don't know what to say about your weekend. Sometimes the "idea" of someone or something can be VERY powerful and inventive and full of expectations. We can control that ourselves. I'm an idealistic person and I have a tendency with the "thought" of something being maybe more than the reality of it. Whatever is troubling you, I hope you will find peace in it.

EZ- I think we are getting along better because he's been so focused on his deer hunting and not what I'm doing. Our baby is depressed today. She barely lifted her head off her bed. She's used to her daddy taking her to work everyday...and I can't. I will take her for a walk tonight and play some ball with her.

Back to work all!!!
Old 11-16-2004, 12:11 PM   #94  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

I still can't tell you all the details (just because i don't have the time at work right now)........but he sent me a dozen roses yesterday at work. They are really beautiful, it's a combination of white, yellow, dark pink and a white with pink edges. The card says, "Missing you allready.....love, doug". Very sweet of him. We talked last night. I'll post more later.

Mkay, glad you and DH are getting along well. Poor pooch.
Old 11-16-2004, 12:27 PM   #95  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Good morning

Mom is still feeling really tired but otherwise okay I guess. I really need to check out the IBS thing, maybe I can find some stuff on the puter tonight when I get home. I am going to work today and actually work for the first time in over a week. My stress level has been off the charts lately and I have to get calmed down. Maybe I will schedule a day at the new spa here in town. I just get embarrassed to have a massage being so overweight you know.

Mitchy, could be the anticipation issue with your weekend. What goes up must come down. I find this true whenever I attend a retreat weekend, I come home all fired up and ready to go then the downward spiral begins. Then things get all evened out. I am sure that is what is going on with your feeling disappointed yesterday.

Mkay, even if he was just excited about heat in his truck he called you and not some other friend so that's good. I think you guys are gonna be fine just gonna take some work.

Sarah-Rachelle, you are doing great. I am sorry that Kyle is still sick. My nephew had the crud and my sil said it has lasted over two weeks.

Sprout: Thanks for the reminder to relax on Mondays. I am sure that is very true that people get all stressed about the new week starting etc.

Gary: I love Washington, I would live there in a split second but my dh does not love it so we stay here. I love the area here it is just the people are soooooo redneck it is hard sometimes. It is getting better as we have more and more people moving in from out of the area. I mean Hamm's wanted to open a plant near here on the North Umpqua River and our commissioners nixed it because "We don't want those kind of people here." I am "What kind of people? Working ones." Kennewick reminded me or Roseburg when I visited there but the drive was pretty from Seattle over. I would love to live at Anacortes and Sequim is beautiful too.

Hello to everyone else and have a wonderful day.
Old 11-16-2004, 01:58 PM   #96  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Bunna, after living in OR for 5 years in Chiloquin, N of Klamath Falls I so totally understand what you are saying about people's mentality. It's really awful sometimes, i didn't like telling anyone I was originally from CA.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:25 PM   #97  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Tuesday

HI LADIES

just finished dinner, I made an Italian soup....well, Bunna wouldn't think it was an Italian soup ...we liked it anyway..unprofessional and all.

BUNNA Thanks for the PM..I totally understand, we have issues around here too!! Look up www.helpforibs.com. This is the site my daughter and SUNNYD use..I get the monthly e-mail newsletter so that I can help her in any way I can. I LOVE SEQUIM...Angie has never been there...we may make it there yet..problem is though for that area we could buy a nice home...BUT..we couldn't keep ours here..ya know, just in case it didn't work out. If I take Angie up there she would probably like it, a very good friend of mine has lived there for about 11 years now...I went there in '91...I wore several T-shirts (MY FAVORITE clothing...aaahhh) with San Diego connections on them...anyway I had a ton of people say they were from down this way and loved that area up there more..weather and all...of course that was 11 years ago..things have changed at both areas I'm sure.

MICHELE HUMMM! ROSES?...can't be too bad can it? Prayers.

MKAY Angie and I are walking our monsters in a half hour..wannna join us? Enjoy the (almost-Nikki) alone time.

SARAH-RACHELLE My dauhgter doesn't collect those dolls, she did and still has the American Girl dolls...from girl scouts, there is a movie coming up Thanksgiving week on one of "them". Hope Kyle is feeling better...tough love is hard sometimes...OK ALL the time.

SHERRY Boy it is sure good to see you back!! Great news on the kiddos and the football team...our city had the cross-town game between the high school my kids and I went to and my nephew goes to now and the school my step-daughter goes to...of course we won!! putting us in the play-offs as usual and eliminating them...a great week!! keep up the "forward movement" with DH and the WW!!

Well off to run the pups....later

Prayers for all...safe trippin' SUNNY and TEEL, well,......GET OUTTA THERE!!!

Last edited by EZMONEY; 11-16-2004 at 09:28 PM.
Old 11-17-2004, 08:56 AM   #98  

Default Wednesday Morning!

Goodmornin All

Just sitting down to my puter at work with my coffee and headache.

I'm enjoying my time sorta alone. Not too alone because Monday was the spa party and last night was our healthy eating class.

Healthy Eating Class:
We made coconut macaroons. Yummy and very healthy. THEN...we talked about household cleaning chemicals and she brought her own that she makes and the recipes for them. If anyone is interested, I will post them from home. Anyway, my goal for the week is to make my own all-purpose cleaner. I have a "thing" about keeping my countertops wiped down and the Clorox Bleach Wipes leave an icky residue.

After the last lady left...11:00 p.m., I went to my hobby bar and whipped up a cute necklace and earrings to wear today. Bed approx 1:45 a.m. Guess what...I'm a little sleepy today.

Tonight, I will either go straight home and tend to Nikki and organize the basement OR I will go directly to Hobby Lobby right from work and take advantage of their 40% - 50% off sale.

EZ- Walk the pups in CA? I'll be there. I'll be you and Angie's personal doggy caregiver while you are working. The weather in MI has been dreary but not real cold. Wet and yuky.

Mitchy- Roses...hmmm...someone's thinking about you! So...when will you and Doug be seeing each other again? Hey, if you want to vent or just let it all out...I or we're all here for you ya know.

SARAH-RACHELLE- My daughters were in the era of Rainbow Bright and Carebears. These days it's spongebob something, shark tales which I never looked at them to be honest. I'm old...but fun! Hope Kyle is feeling better. When they are sick and have mom(my) to themselves...they like it when they are well too.

Ok, who's not checkin in these days?

Hugs and Hugs to all...
Old 11-17-2004, 09:15 AM   #99  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Hi everyone!

Just a short note to say I'm still here even though I'm really busy right now. Lots going on and still working full time. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Have a great day!
Old 11-17-2004, 10:02 AM   #100  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Mkay, i'd like the recipes for homemade home-cleaner. I know what you mean about the residue.

Wilma, glad you checked in.

Did our support group last night and 2 new ladies (new to me) were there. One that is kind of in the process of getting out of the madness and one who i'm not sure why she was there. She had a way of making every comment about her......i think God gave me this task to learn how to deal with people better.

On the weight-loss front i've starting since Monday watching my carbs, and portions. I'm drinking a lot of juice. watcing my caffeine and drinking lots of water. Small improvements.
Old 11-18-2004, 12:52 PM   #101  
Bunnababy

Where is everybody?

I am still feeling under the weather, Sat. will make two full weeks of this. Enough already.

Gotta go work for a bit today. It seems the waitress I told to take her affair outside of the restaurant didn't understand that I meant all the time not just when I am there. So we will talk about that again and I guess I will make myself clearer. Then a trip to the store and home to cook salmon for dinner.

Everybody have a good day.
Old 11-18-2004, 02:35 PM   #102  

Default Thursday Afternoon

I'm lurking around...Michele...where are you?

Bunna...2 weeks, EEK to that. We are healed by His stripes! I actually have gone 1.5 days without sugar. I WANT SOME NOW THOUGH! Tough time right now being in the mid afternoon. That's when I usually go downhill.

DH gets home tonight (around 8:30). I have Shepherd's tonight. They are (Shepherd's) being inspected by the City. One of the commissioners wants them ckd out; he received a complaint from somewhere. EEK Again! I'm sure they will think that I was the City's spy or something. I have a feeling they are going to suspect me. Apparently, the building was approved to operate as an AFC back in 1993 and the state of MI has no license for them as an AFC. This means that they will have to go through my department to amend the use of their property. What can I say...I really believe they could stand a good "looking into." Things aren't run as they should be in some of their areas.

Saturday is going to be "paint all day" Saturday. I AM going to paint my office at home and not stop until it's done. I worked 4 hours in the basement last night organizing "stuff" and organizing all my jewelry "stuff."

Teel- How are you and are you home?

I am thinking of everyone and praying for blessings for all!

Hugs and more hugs...
Old 11-18-2004, 03:00 PM   #103  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

I'm here, just haven't taken the time to post, guess i'm not wanting to go into the whole thing, it's very disappointing, upsetting for me. Not sure what to think. I've just been trying to get on w/things. Need to concentrate on my health i think. I went to PT yesterday and she worked me hard, i'm sore today, but it's a good sore. Tonight i'm going after work to work out, atleast for 45 minutes. That's my goal today. I'm also eating less carbs, juicing and lots more water.

My life feels like such a mess......
Old 11-18-2004, 07:54 PM   #104  
Bunnababy

Michele, we are here for you whenever you feel like talking just like you have been there for us. Sending (((()))) your way.
Old 11-19-2004, 09:08 AM   #105  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

We are enjoying unseasonably warm weather for this area and we're loving it. We should get some snow on the weekend but hopefully not too much. We appreciate each day that we don't have icy road conditions.

Our kitchen is at a standstill right now. We have it painted and ready for installation. We're waiting for our cabinet maker to come and install the cabinets. This weekend we'll paint some other rooms (including ceilings) and be ready for him when he gets here. I am looking forward to having it completed.

Michele: I'm so sorry you had a disappointing time. Sometimes the anticipation is more than the actual isn't it. HUGS. Hang in there. You are a very special person and there is someone out there who is perfect for you.

mkay: Sounds like you and I will be doing the same thing this weekend. Wayto go on the sugar. I have a small bowl of low fat frozen yogurt after dinner and that seems to be enough for me right now.

Bunna: It's tough being an employer isn't it? I hope all works out for you with this employee. Sometimes people just don't get that such behavior is unacceptable at work.

Gary: Glad to hear from you. We miss having you here. Italian soup sounds interesting. What are the ingredients? I love making soups. Last weekend mine was homemade chicken noodle.

We are missing everyone who doesn't post. I know I'm guilty of that myself. I find it necessary to check up here even if I don't have time to post. I appreciate your prayers for me and I certainly send some up for all of you too.

I've been doing better with my WOE but still struggling with exercising every day. If I do 3 days a week I'm doing well but I know I need to increase the time I spend at it. Do any of you do Pilates? Is it working for you?

Well, time to get ready for work. Have a super day!
Closed Thread