Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2002, 07:10 PM   #316  

Default Hi

Walked again today and am trying to stay on program. It seems when I slack down a little I have to pay the piper.
Hello to everyone. Keep walking and getting healthy... Joanne
Old 01-17-2002, 03:22 PM   #317  

did 3 miles of hill work this morning.
Old 01-17-2002, 05:03 PM   #318  

Howdy Gals,

When I see you ladies walk, jog, or do what ever for 3-4 and more miles at a time I feel like a flop. You's ladies are making me .
But then with almost 100 pounds to shed walking a mile and a half is a long venture for me after doing nothing for years.
So Today me and my date strolled along at 3.0-3.2 mph and did get in 1.75 miles.....

~~It's a biggie for me gals~~ my butt hurts, my ankles feel like they are going to fall off , my feet hurt .........

BUTT......... I really do feel good about me today and what I accomplished. Been journaling since Christmas Day.......ran on the high side most of last week and added a new record of exercise to the mix of 5 miles for the week( better then maybe a mile or 2)......and ended with a small gain.......but hey! thats okey....because I feel I'm on the right track and what went on is going to be coming off...
Had 2 1/2 inches of snow in the past couple days........Love It!
as I don't walk outdoors due to health reasons.
So onward and offward these pounds will go......I'm fighting and fighting to make it a go!~

You are all an inspiration to keep me on track.........and for that I want to Thank You so much. This is a super group of losers and movers!

Bye for now

Snowball
Old 01-17-2002, 07:20 PM   #319  

Default Hey There

Patch - Good for you.. I had a Dr. Appt. today so did not get to walk. I didn't feel up to it anyhow.
Snowball- No one would expect you to keep up with anyone but yourself.. By increasing your walk/workouts a little every week you will get to your goal. Watch your eating plan and always stay on the healthy tract. You will get there before you realize it. When I was trying to lose my weight ,I never looked at the long term goal. I didn't even set a goal. Just thinking about losing 1-2 lbs a week was enough pressure. I found that is was easier that way. In the past I always said I had such and such to lose and it was too discouraging ,so, I failed . This time I didn't. Now I am trying really hard to maintain. Now this is hard.You can do this. I hope you have family/friends to help you.
Hey Lynock.. How are you?
Tazmani... Where are you??
Bye ...Joanne
Old 01-18-2002, 01:20 PM   #320  

Keep it going gals! You inspire me as well!

Taking today off... and planning on walking tomorrow.

Your progress is just wonderful Snowball.

And Joanne - shile maintenance is an eternal struggle... I've found it does get easier to balance foodie wants with health and weight goal desires. I'm not perfect either... far from it.
Old 01-18-2002, 07:23 PM   #321  

Default Hey

Thanks Patch.. I walked 3 miles on the treadmil today. That was the longest hour.. I couldn't go out though. I have to just put my mind on a subject and keep thinking about it till the hour was up. Florida lotto is now 85 million. So I dreamed what I could do with it if I won. Along with my CD player I made it. Usually ,I will try to design a quilt/sewing project in my mind to get through the hour.
Hello to all. Got to get to my book. I am reading The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon.. I have read all of this series although I think I might have missed the one before this one Drums of Autumn.I like her books so much I will probably look for it when I finish this one...Night...Joanne
Old 01-20-2002, 06:54 PM   #322  

Default Hi

I didn't walk today.. I went shopping instead. It was too late when I got back
I am trying to get back to better habits. I seem to slip every day or so. Evening seems to be my let down time. I count points all day and do good but then comes evening. I'll whip it.
Keep walking...Bye Joanne
Old 01-21-2002, 03:30 PM   #323  

Angry Can I join too?

Hi There!

I'm an avid walker - but need some inspiration - I walk my dog about a mile a day and would love to have some walking buddies.

Marilee
Old 01-21-2002, 06:54 PM   #324  

Hey Marileel.. Welcome... So you walk your dog a mile every day.. How big is your dog. What breed? Does he pull and give you a good workout?
I have been walking for a few years and now can walk 3-4 miles a day. I started with the tradmill and worked my way from .5 to where I am now. I think starting slow was the way to go. In the process I joined Weight Watchers and lost almost 60 lbs. I am tring to lose a few more and boy is it hard. My body is saying no.
Glad to have you aboard. Next time tell us something about yourself.
Hey Patch.. I did my 3 miles today. It is really warm here now. Next weekend we should get some cool weather.
Where are you Lynock?
Bye You All...Joanne
Old 01-21-2002, 11:45 PM   #325  

Default New Member

Hi Joanne!

My dog is 60 lbs and a dalmation/chow mix - the sweetest little girl ever - but boy does she tug and pull!!!

Well - I just rejoined Weight Watcher's after a 6 month hiatus and actually gained only 2 lbs out of a total 30 lbs lost. Back at it. I live in San Diego and work at a psychiatric facility doing counseling and such and also am finishing up my Ph.D. in Health/Clinical Psychology - so I feel crazy with business

But I make sure to get my walks in - it just seems like I have no time....I know I need to make the time - but sometimes it's tough!

I'm so glad I found this site to make new friends and have the support - Have a great Tuesday all!

Marilee
Old 01-22-2002, 10:19 AM   #326  

Marileel- You really did well maintaining your weight loss. I have to admit I do not go to meetings as I should. I am lifetime and so far have maintained under and to my high goal. I do want to lose a few more. I am 68 years old and a retired nurse.(37 yrs.)Most of my working yrs.were in skilled nursing homes. Walking is a important hour of my day. I set a time and try real hard to keep that appointment. I know that is not easy for the working girl. I always felt I had 2 jobs. The one at home was always waiting for me after my 8+ hour shift.
We used to have a little Peke. When he got so old and blind and deaf we put him to sleep. We have not replaced him and probably won't. It is a lot of extra work.
Keep up the good work and stay healthy. ...Joanne
Old 01-23-2002, 10:48 AM   #327  

Default Hey There

Let me tell something ..Not to do.. I bought a pair of Niki's off a sales rack,Only ten dollers..felt real good..at the time..I wore them to walk yesterday to walk my 3 miles and got a blistered heel and I thought I was going to lose my toes.!!!I will wear my New Balance forever. I guess I can wear the other ones just to take out the trash!!!
Where is everybody...???? Joanne
Old 01-23-2002, 12:12 PM   #328  

Hey Joanne and all! I am still here...haven't started walking yet, but I will...I am going skiing for two days in the mountains, looking forward to the get away. I will try and stay in touch...everyone is raving about new blance these days..hubby bought a pair...loves them...I wear Nikes at work at they are wonderful, no tired achy feet like I used to...might have something to do with being 45 pounds lighter too! Bye for now...Liz in Canada
Old 01-23-2002, 06:54 PM   #329  

Default Hey There

Liz321 -It sounds like you have done well with your weight. I always say if you buy a New Balance shoe you will not ever wear anything else. My whole family wears them. Nikes used to be my daughter and sons favorite, No more. Have fun skiing...I haven't ever been around snow so I couldn't relate to it. I have seen snow maybe 4 times in my life..Bye Joanne
Old 01-23-2002, 08:47 PM   #330  

Default Nike's

Hi Joanne -

Thanks for the NB tip - I'm about to get a new pair of walking shoes to start the year off Do you have a particular model you wear?

marilee
Closed Thread