Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 11-13-2004, 10:38 PM   #106  

Sarah, I just read the email, thanks for making it more clear! The whole calorie counting makes more sense now Thanks!!

BTW after reading many of your posts about the 4 mile WATP tape, I went and got it today, can't wait to try it out!
seemzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 11:05 PM   #107  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Thumbs up Woo hoo -- the 4-mile crew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seemzy
Sarah, I just read the email, thanks for making it more clear! The whole calorie counting makes more sense now Thanks!!

BTW after reading many of your posts about the 4 mile WATP tape, I went and got it today, can't wait to try it out!
Hey NATALIE!! Look at that, we roped her in! Woo hoo! I'm telling you, Seemzy, you are going to LOVE it! -- After you're past the halfway point, that is! (Serious nod to Natalie here. ) I love that thing so much I put off doing the other stuff in my rotation.....and you can verify that by checking out in my sig my walked miles for the month vs. the rest of the things I intend to do! )

Anyhoo, glad to hear that you've recovered from your disappointment, and that you have a plan in place to respond with positive ACTION! You go on with your bad self, Seemzy!
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 11:13 AM   #108  
~ Natalie ~

Seemzy ~ I was so sad to read your earlier post....BUT WOW...what a turnaround since talking to Sarah. You can soooooo do this. Remember, if you get down and need some more cheering on this is the place to come. Have fun with your new tape.

Heather ~ Here's hoping things pick up for you soon.

Deb ~ Welcome back. Sorry to hear about your run of problems lately. I wish you a lot of luck with your upcoming decisions.

Cathy ~ 6 hours of cleaning? Yep, I call that exercise.

Sarah ~ You and I sound a lot alike. "Roped in"...yep...that was funny. BIG TIME CONGRATS on nine consecutive days of exercise....Do I hear 10...LOL

Ok ~ exercise.....got in a nice 1 mile walk with my daughter at the park and then a 1/2 mile jog and another mile while she played. WhoHoo!! Today is my day off.

Miles logged: 14 1/2

~ Natalie ~

Last edited by WalkingGal; 11-15-2004 at 07:20 AM.
WalkingGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 07:28 PM   #109  
I climb mountains!

Today I got in 3 miles: 1 mile brisk hiking at 4.5 mph on a really hilly nature trail, followed by Leslie's 2-mile Shape and Firm ramp routine -- which includes lots of squats and lunges.
Old 11-15-2004, 08:12 AM   #110  
Sherry

Well, I haven't been doing too well w/my walking challenge girls. My whole house has beens sick w/the acception of my son. I've had terrible laringitis which is causing a sore throat now, dh has a cold and dd is waiting on test results for mono this mng. No fun! So hopefully I'll get back on the workout wagon today!
sherybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 02:20 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

walked 2 miles during lunch

Nov Miles = 11
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 04:22 PM   #112  

Did the 4 mile WATP tape today. OMG!!!!!!! It was sooooooo FUN!!!!! It's definitley my favorite now. I didn't even realize an hour went by.
seemzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 05:17 PM   #113  
Recovering chocoholic

I walk about 3 1/2 miles a day. (to uni and back) sometimes I walk there and back twice in a day which keeps me pretty fit. So I reckon I walk in excess of 50 miles a month at the moment. Its no wonder I've been a lot fitter since I've been back. I think walking is a great way of keeping fit and is good if you are walking to music etc. Keep it up guys!!
viviki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 06:16 PM   #114  

Saturday, raked leaves and 2.05 miles on treadmill.
Sunday, woke up and saw 2 pounds gone! Went 2.02 miles on treadmill.
Monday, back to 3 miles in the great outdoors!
Djcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 10:41 PM   #115  
I climb mountains!

Yay Seemzy!!!! Isn't it so much more fun??? The music's better, the pace is better, the energy is better...... I love it too! So cool to have you love it too!

No walking tonight -- I biked 9 miles in a half hour tonight.
Old 11-16-2004, 11:24 AM   #116  
Amy Needs New Shoes

Hiya gals. I've been a little behind lately. Just caught up on the posts. That was a great e-mail Sarah. Good job cheering up Seemzy. I agree completely. You know I was reading a book a while back about beginning a walking program and they said that beginning an exercise program is the hardest thing to do. Well when you've got that down you've already beaten most people. Now that you have that in place you can begin to make positive diet changes. Plus you know some of that could be muscle too. It takes your body a little while to catch up. Good luck!

Sorry to hear you've been sick Sherry and Deb. Hope things start to improve for you both.

I haven't gotten in any exercise yet this week. I'm a big ol slacker. Hopefully tonight. I did have a positive reinforcement last night. I went shopping and my regular size 18s were too big! Woo hoo! And even the XL tops were too big! Yeah! Finally! Hope I can survive the holidays. Take care all.
shoequeen69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 02:38 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

Unhappy

I'm still here guys,.. i havent gotten to exercise since Saturday and I am so mad about it. I have been having chest issues. It is like someone is squeezing my chest and it makes it more difficult to breathe, and I dont think there is any way I could do the WATP not being able to breathe properly. I didnt have any heart attack symptoms or anything like that and at first hubby and I thought that it was gas, but none of the gas medicines helped and it never went away. It is better today than it has been all week, the tightness is pretty much gone, but I am getting winded more easily than normal. Maybe I just have a respiratory infection,.. Ive been sitting around thinkining about how much exercise Im missing and how much weight I am probably gaining,..*sigh*
heather_dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 03:19 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

did 2 miles during lunch

Nov Miles = 13

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 09:13 PM   #119  

Default Just started

I finally got my first walk away the pounds video, the other day. I have to say I have really laxed on exercise in November. So tonight I walked my first mile. I am setting a goal of getting ten miles in for the rest on Nov. 1 down 9 more to go.
boomboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 09:57 PM   #120  
I climb mountains!

Heather, I'm sorry to hear that you're not feeling well -- have you ever had asthma? This year I developed a pretty serious case of asthma (after a serious upper respiratory infection actually) and those were some of the symptoms. I think you should definitely get it checked out. I'm being treated for it currently, and while I'm not 100% (my breathing is at 65% of normal, according to my lung capacity test,) I'm ok enough to exercise pretty hard DAILY, and also go about my business during the day. Definitely go to the doc.

Boom Boom, welcome! And congrat's on starting the WATP workouts! I do the 1-3 mile WATP, the 4-mile Express Challenge, and the Walkblaster ramp workouts -- among other things. Great to have you here!

Tonight I did weights (arms) then did the 1-mile WATP twice with a 10 lb. pair of ankle weights and a 6 lb. pair of Ironhands.