Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-14-2004, 03:16 PM   #76  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 236/236/166

That's a shame that the atomsphere is sooo lacking! At least you do have your Curves and the nice path to walk on.... Keep doing whatever's working for you!
JEO1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 01:42 PM   #77  
KAR

Hi everyone,
Shelia I can't believe that your water aerobics in your town is like that. Too bad, because I think you would really enjoy it. I am the youngest lady at my class (31). But there is a nice cross section of ages at my group. We have people in their 30, 40,50,60,70 and 80's. Now I am trying to find out where there is a group that meets in the winter. It is a great workout.
I have made it to Curves 3x this week. I have noticed that since I cut it back down to only going 3x a week, I am starting to lose more inches. So I must have been stressing out my body too much.
Jenn you are zipping your way right along to reach all your little mini-goals. Keep up the good work. I am hoping to be 200 pounds when I go back to school at the end of August. I only have 8 more pounds to go. Then by Christmas I would like to be 175.
Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 02:42 PM   #78  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Hello Gals,

Everyone is doing so well here

*KERRY* * JEN* & *SHEILA*
Thank-you so much for keeping this thread alive... I know I have been so bad about stopping by lately ~ I am sorry

I too found the 2 - 3x a week works well for me, because I also walk. I was so tired going more then 3x - I wasn't able to do much of anything else at home without really pushing through. But now... I have the energy to go to Curves 3x a week and walk everyday and get my chores and projects done.

I went to Curves my 3x this week with my girlfriend --- what a difference when you have someone to exercise with It goes so much faster I am going to really miss her company when she goes back to school at the end of August In the meantime... I am enjoying her company.

Hello's to all the other great gals!!
Keep up the great job staying OP

{{{Hugs}}}
SunnyD <><

ApRiL MiLeS: 41.0
MaY MiLeS: 48.25
JuNe MiLeS: 20.75
JuLy MiLeS: 31.25

JuLy CuRvEs: 5 Times

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 06:38 PM   #79  

Default Curves Member

Hi everyone! I'm relatively new to the 3FC boards and was greatly interested when I saw the mention of Curves. I am a Curves member here in Alaska and have been for a little over 3 months. Through Curves I have lost 22+ inches so far and about 19 pounds. It's always nice to meet fellow Curves members, thus I thought I would jump right in and say hello.

Look forward to meeting you all. Have a great weekend!
bodyshakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 08:16 PM   #80  
One step at a time...

I got weigh and measured at Curves yesterday, and here are the results: (drumroll please....)

Measurement/This month's loss/Total Loss

Bust: 36.5"/-2"/-4.25" ( nothappy about this one!)
Waist: 28.5"/-3.25"/-6.5"
Abdomen: 40.75"/-1.25"/-5.75"
Hips: 41.5"/-2.5"/-6.75"
*Thighs: 25.5"/-2.5"/-3"
*Arms: 12"/-2"/-4"
Weight: 185#/-13#/-35.5#
Body Fat%: 27.6%/-5.9%/-6.5%

* Keep in mind the measure is a single thigh/arm and the loss is the total for both

I am sooo excited! I have met my August 1st goal about 2 weeks ahead of schedule! Nantucket here I come! Woohoo!
Old 07-20-2004, 02:35 PM   #81  
KAR

Welcome Bodyshakers! Glad to have you on board. That is great news about your inches and pounds lost. Feel free to visit us anytime!
Jenn that is great news about meeting your Aug. 1st goal ahead of time. Way to go,gal! So when is your day trip going to be?
Sunny glad to see that you are doing great! Keep up the good work.
Well I better go and get myself ready to go to the library. I have books due and I think I might just walk to the library.
Talk to you all later,
Kerry
Old 07-20-2004, 08:23 PM   #82  
KAR

Well ladies I just got back from TOPS. I have lost another pound. I am so happy. I am glad that my family doctor talked me into seeing a nutritionist. Since I have been following what he told me to do, I have lost a pound each week. So I am slowly but surely going to get to my goal weight. Just wanted to share my good news with you all! Hope everyone is having a great week!
Kerry
Old 07-20-2004, 10:00 PM   #83  
One step at a time...

Way to go Kerry!!! Keep up the good work!
Old 07-21-2004, 06:54 AM   #84  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

I am so happy for you *KERRY*

And Thanks for the encouragement! I am trying so hard and staying OP... I hope I see results like yours soon!

Good to see you too *JEN*

You *all* go out there and make it a WoNdErFuL DaY today!

(((Hugs)))
SunnyD <><

ApRiL MiLeS: 41.0
MaY MiLeS: 48.25
JuNe MiLeS: 20.75
JuLy MiLeS: 37.25

JuLy CuRvEs: 6 Times

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 10:14 AM   #85  
KAR

Morning Ladies,
I just got back from working out at Curves. When the alarm went off this morning, I was not ready to go face the day. But now that I have worked out, I am ready to conquer anything. LOL.
As for my 8 pounds away from being in onderland, I don't know how I am going to celebrate that special event in my life. I might ask my dh to help me pick out a new outfit, or have him take me out for an evening on the town.
Sounds like you gals have been very busy, Shelia and Sunny. Here in a couple weeks I will start getting busy again, as I will be setting up my new classroom for the start of the new school year. It is fast approaching here in a month.
Keep up the faith ladies! We can and will continue to lose weight and get healthier.
Gotta go and get my shower for the day. Talk to you all later.
Take care,
Kerry
Old 07-21-2004, 10:41 AM   #86  

Hi all,

Not much going on but I thought I'd check in. I've still been going to Curves M,W,F. I don't weight myself except once a month at curves because I get obssessed with weighing if I do. My clothes are all still tight but I'm not upset about it. I feel better and I feel like I'm doing more reps on the machines. I'm pretty excited because I think my Curves might extend their morning hours. If I don't go in the morning I usually don't go but I work at 8:00. Mine doesn't open on T and Th until 8 and on M,W,F it opens at 7:00 so I go and then rush to work all red faced. Anyway, it's been really crowded at Curves lately. I get there right at 7 but if someone comes in around 7:15 they've been having to wait lately (we only have the 1st 8 machines). So the owner asked if she would open at 6:30 on m,w,f and 7 on t, th, would we come and everyone said yes. That would be great because then I could go m,w,f and really work the machines and then go on tu,th and focus on cardio on the recovery boards. I think that could really help my weight loss. Well, anyway, I'll chat with you later. Hope everyones' doing well!!
mayday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 05:38 PM   #87  
KAR

Hi Ladies,
Just a quick note to say hi and hope you are all doing fine. I don't know what I am going to do when I go back to school in a month. I really enjoy going to Curves in the mornings and working out. In the evenings, I just don't have the energy to go during the school year. But I do force myself to go and than I feel so much better after my workout.
Take care and have a wonderful week! Keep up the faith ladies. We can do it.
Kerry
Old 08-01-2004, 11:00 PM   #88  
KAR

Just dropping in to check and see how you all are doing. It sure has been very quiet around here lately. So that must mean we are all busy excerising and watching our diets.
I fall off my diet for a few days this past week. But that is okay, it was TOM and I was waiting to hear about a test result from my doctor. So I am working hard this week to not gain any weight.
Well I hope everyone is fine.
Take care,
Kerry
Old 08-03-2004, 03:28 PM   #89  
KAR

Hi everyone,
Sheila as for a suggestion about going to Curves to workout. I would just set aside two or three nights a week to workout. Tell him that is your time to go to Curves and make arrangements to do something with him on the other nights so he doesn't feel left out. Or do you have a Curves closer to where you live?
As for my test results it was a pap test. It was the first time I had one done. I got my results on Saturday. Everything is fine. But I was just starting to worry since they told me I would hear from them in a week. The week came and went still no word about the test. So I was starting to panic that something was wrong. It is just my worry wart nature I guess.
Well I just got home a little bit ago from school. I went into rearrange my new room and feel gross. So I think I am going to go get a shower.
Talk to you all later.
Take care,
Kerry
Old 08-04-2004, 10:00 AM   #90  
KAR

Morning Ladies,
I just got back from Curves. I got weighed and measured this morning. I am very pleased with the results. I lost 2 pounds according to their scales. But their scales is off by 3 pounds according to my scales and the doctor's scales. I also lost 5.50 inches from my bust,waist,abdomen and hips. My body fat went down 1.60% as well. I just wanted to share my good news with you all.
Hope everyone is staying OP and getting their workouts in.
Take care,
Kerry