Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-09-2004, 11:15 AM   #31  

I went to Curves last night and had a good work-out. There's a new machine so now it's up to 12. I only did 2 circuits (usually I do 3) and I didn't really push myself that hard. Afterwards I rewarded myself with a chocolate bubble tea. For dinner I had grilled chicken breast, wild rice and a huge salad. I was going to go for a walk but it was too hot out.

JEO - congrats on the weight loss! 25# is an great amount.

KAR - You seem to be mixing things up a bit so I think it will help you bust out of this plateau. Don't let it get you down.

As soon as I'm over this cold I want to get back to swimming on a regular basis. I haven't done anything like baseball or soccer since I was a kid but I think I'd like to get into it again. some of us go bowling after work (when we work to midnight) once in a while. It isn't much of a workout - especially if you have a beer - but it is nice to get out with people.
wryly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 11:37 AM   #32  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 236/236/166

Thanks!!! I hope you feel better soon!
JEO1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 11:13 AM   #33  

Since I have a lot to do after work today I decided to go to Curves this morning before work. It was great - only a few people when I got there. Only problem was the traffic on my way back to the apartment. lol.
Old 06-10-2004, 02:26 PM   #34  
One step at a time...

I hope you weren't late because of the traffic, but it's great that you fit it in anyways! Sometimes I go to the gym before work, but not too often because I don't like getting up at 5:30AM...I do it about 1x or 2x a week though.
Old 06-10-2004, 09:06 PM   #35  
KAR

Hi Ladies,
Welcome Mayday! I think you are going to enjoy working out at Curves. I tried to go atleast 4 to 6 times a week.
I went to a new family doctor today. I asked him to check my thyroid to see if that is why I have been having trouble losing weight lately. So he had the lab draw a vial of blood and run the test on my thyriod and to check my cholestrol. He politely told me that I was overweight, but was proud of me for taking the step to eat right and working out. I will let you know what my results are when I get them.
I started to workout on our new weight machine. I think it will help me a lot. I didn't make it to Curves today since I had my doctor's appointment and then my DH had a doctor's appointment. Plus my stepkids had ball games (which I had to float back and forth from). Both teams won, so that made for some happy kids.
Well I need to go and get some uniforms washed. My stepDD's has a double header tomorrow night. Plus another game on Saturday morning. That will only be the 6th game they will have played this week. I think it is a little much for 7-9 year olds.
Have a great Friday! Keep up the good work!
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 11:13 AM   #36  

Kerry - sending positive thoughts your way. Hope all the tests come back o.k.
I went to a couple soccer games that my little nieces played when I was in CA. They were so much fun. And sometimes watching the parents was even funnier.
The funniest thing was that the kids were more interested in the post game snacks than they were about the score.
Old 06-11-2004, 11:32 AM   #37  

Well, I went to my first Curves workout on Wednesday night and I have to say it was a lot of fun. I'm glad they had someone walk around with me. I thought I'd naturally know how to use the machines but I would have ended up doing them all wrong! My Curves just opened so we only have 8 so far. After the 1st time around I really tried to push myself to see if I could really get a good workout in 1/2 hour while using machines and I have to say I did. My face was beet red and I was sweating pretty good. I was pleasantly surprised. My guide told me it was best to take a day off since I was a beginner at Curves so I didn't go Thursday but will be going today after work. I wasn't sore at all on Thursday, though and I'd really like to go 4 or 5 times a week so I'm going to try that. Thanks for all of your input.
mayday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 12:58 PM   #38  
One step at a time...

Mayday, that's great tha you liked it.... pretty soon you'll be hooked! I have gone 6x since Monday even though it's TOM.... I just can't stay away

I hope you all are having a good Friday...the weekend is just about here!
Old 06-11-2004, 01:31 PM   #39  

Unhappy Too Tired and No Time

Hello...I'm mkay (mary) and I joined Curves in January and have only been there maybe 12 times. I am just sooooo tired when I get out of work and now that I've changed my eating habits...I have to get right home to cook or I'm starved. I lost 15 lbs on the SBD but am at a plateau. UGH!!! I've not had any sweet sugary food for 3 weeks now.

I need some motivation to bet my butt back to curves. HELP!!!

Thanks for listening...mary
mkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 10:31 PM   #40  
One step at a time...

Oh Mary! Is there any way you could go before work? There has to be a few times a week that you can change your schedule slightly and just go... That was my problem... I kept making excuses about how busy I was and now I go to the gym just about every day... I just decided one day that if I really wanted to lose weight I would just the gym and just go... and that is what I have been doing.... finding a time and just going... COme on you can do it! Curves is great... Once you go a few times in a week, you'll want to make yourself be there!!!
Old 06-12-2004, 01:20 PM   #41  
KAR

Hi Ladies,
Welcome Mary! You can do it! You just have to set aside the time to go workout. I was like that at first, but now I make the time for myself to workout. I am a much happier and engerized person. You just need to set your mind to it.
My tests came back fine. So I just need to watch what I eat and workout a little bit more to bust out of this plateau. I am going to do it!!
Well I just came back from the ball field. We had an early game this morning, a 10:00 one. Had to have my stepdd at the field at 9:15 to practice. So that meant waking up at 7 to get everyone moving and ready to walk out the door a little after 9. So I think I am going to go read a little bit and then take a little nap. Have a great weekend!
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 02:28 AM   #42  

i am thinking of signing up for curves. i have to wait for 2 months(doctors orders -due to my hernia suyrgery i had this past april. he wants my stomach healed more. i cannot wait. i do not do exercise except maybe walking. i need more. how can working on a machine for 30 seconds and only a thirty minute work out help you lose weight and inches. i think it sounds great!! i want to lose 20 more lbs and and i need to firm up and lose inches also. curves sound good to me. does everyone think it has helped them. i want to try it for 3 months and see. sue
samanthajosmom_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 08:22 AM   #43  

Default I'm Getting There Mentally...To Start

Wow...everyone is so sweet. As it turns out, I have been sick for a week with a cold and today it is worse yet.

However...Curves is moving next week...and closer to my house. I "could" walk there and then not have to do the boards just the machines. This week is another wash anyway...daughter is getting married Saturday and I feel soooo yuky and then of course next week we are down south for a week. THEN....back to reality. I figure by July 4, day of freedom...I WILL be back there. Ok...that's my goal. July 4 is a Sunday BUT July 3 is a Saturday and I know they are open then. I will be there July 3.

Everyone, have a great day! Thanks for the encourgement!

I will be back.

Mary
mkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 09:45 AM   #44  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Good Morning Gals ~
Well... ... today was my first day back to Curves in 2 1/2 weeks! It felt so good to go this morning - at first I was apprehensive, because I am still not feeling up-to-par, but I went anyway. I am meeting my friend again on Friday and we are going to meet up with one another every Mon- Wed & Fri. through the summer. I will sure miss her when she has to go back to teaching in Sept and won't be able to join me --- but in the meantime, we'll have fun.

Welcome to the Curves Thread *MARY*
So happy to see you join in and that you have joined Curves I have always liked Curves, but just am not always well enough to get out and about. I am glad I have joined so then I DO get out - I am so much healthier for it. I do hope that you feel better real soon and are able to go{{{Hugs}}}

Welcome *SUE*
I KNOW you will see results! When I was going 3x a week *faithfully* I was seeing great results... lately I have been ill. I haven't gained, but I see that I am not as toned as I was two weeks ago --- so YES, it works! Do make sure you are well enough before you go - with Dr's approval, but I think you will like Curves

Feel Better soon! {{{Hugs}}}

Hello's to
*WRYLY - KERRY & JENN*
Hope you ladies are doing well...

Have a good Day Gals!
SunnyD <><

SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 09:58 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Jack you're a gawker? Nahhhhh never!! Can't you just set up a circuit training routine at your own gym? Just curious I've never been to curves myself but I did belong to a womens gym and I would start out on the treadmill and do 15 minutes and then move to the elliptical and do 20 minutes and then move to do crunches on the incline bench, then I would proceed with either my upper body workout or lower body. I don't know if thats what curves does or not lol.

Keep up the great work Ladies!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote