Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 12-10-2004, 12:56 PM   #106  
Future Size 6

Heck, I'm new to the thread too, but WELCOME! *throws confetti*
Talisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 01:39 PM   #107  

yup- I had a very similar experience to yours. Curves works! I've been going since June 2004. Hope you stay with it- and if there's a curves diet class- sign up for that too. I did- and that's how I lost my 20 lbs so far. (don't be disappointed if you GAIN weight this month- it's typical! I gained 5 lbs my first month at Curves- but lost 17.75 inches so obviously I was making muscle and toning up) let us know how you do!

I think I probably posted it somewhere but here's my results
Month 1- lost 17.75 inches, gained 4.75 lbs
month 2- gained 2 inches, lost 4 lbs
month 3- lost 2.75 inches, no lb change
month 4- lost 10 inches, lost 11.5 lbs
month 5- gained .25 inch, lost 8.5 lbs

month 4 is when I started dieting and exercising- it was all exercise before and eat whatever I wanted.

congrats on taking the first step- stick with it!
KandiceS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 07:53 PM   #108  
KAR

Hi everyone,
I am glad to see that the thread is being used again. I had been posting on it alot in the spring and summer. But than people got busy and stopped posting on it and I felt silly posting on it without any real communication with other Curves members.
My name is Kerry. I am 31 years old and live in Southeast Ohio. I have three wonderful, active stepchildren. A little girl who is 8 and twin boys who are 6. It was because of them that I started to diet and workout to lose my excess weight. They were so active that they were wearing me out really quick. So I started to diet and workout at home. But a year ago, I joined Curves right after Christmas. I love it! It is such a fun workout. Plus you get to talk with wonderful people who are in the same boat that you are in. Since I have joined I have lost 20 inches and 15 pounds. It is a great stress reliever after a long day at school. I am a multihandicap teacher for grades 5-8 in my school district. My 7 students keep me hop all day long.
I have been at this point that I get down to 204 or 206 and then I gain a couple pounds back. I really think it is a mind set and I am working hard to bust through it and get in the land of onederland by the end of Dec. I currently weight 206 3/4 pounds as of my weigh in at TOPS on Tuesday night.
Well I am off to go ride my excerise bike for a little bit and then use my gazelle. I was one of the first one's in to my Curves this morning before it was off Christmas shopping. So I feel tense and stressed out from shopping with my dh. So I think a little excerise should do the trick.
Talk to you all later.
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 10:26 AM   #109  
Made my Goal weight!

HI everyone!
I cant believe how much I am enjoying curves...my weight is literally sliding off me...(post pregnancy weight), but I am also on a very strict diet too...Just until I get back to normal...I only have 13lbs left until I get to my pre-pregnancy weight..yay! Although, I am feeling human again right now...hehehe
I probably forgot to mention I am in my best friends wedding on New years eve...ugh, she told me 2.5 months ago, after I had gained 60+lbs and was pregnant...so I am feeling the CRUNCH right now...BUT, amazingly enough, going to curves is making me less anxiety ridden about the holidays, soo that is a PLUS for me...

Just wondering how often everyone goes to curves..????.it is VERY hard for me to take a day off...
ALright, it snowed like crazy last night, so I am taking my kids sledding....Happy weekend to everyone.
Leanne
SW 204
SW 190 (when I came home from having baby)
CW 153 yay yaya yayay
gw 145 BY xmas
LONG TERM GOAL 125-130
LeanneM83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 12:22 PM   #110  
KAR

Hi Leanne,
I go to Curves three to four times a week. I go on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays right after work. Then I might be able squeeze in a visit on Thursday evenings or Saturday mornings every once in a while. But than I also do my WATP tapes every morning before going to work. Plus I use my gazelle, excerise bike and dh's weight machine too. I know that you will be able to lose the 8 pounds by Christmas and you will look great on New Year's Eve for your friend's wedding. Enjoy your time sledding with your children today.
Hope everyone else is enjoying their weekend.
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 01:47 PM   #111  

Hi Leanne and Kerry!

Leanne- I go everyday- but I don't do anything else either though. congrats on the weight sliding right off! (mine is too) I lost another 6 lbs bringing me down to 179 but I don't want to post until I get weighed/ measured the 23rd.

I actually came to this thread again because I got an entry form today to be "Curves Sweetheart" you had to do the curves diet program and be an active member of the curves workout.
anyways- I'm not good with words so I'm hoping to get a little inspiration here- it's hard to put it in words what I get out of curves. It says "In a short essay, tell how the curves workout and permanent results without permanent dieting have helped you lose weight and keep it off! In addition tell us how your quality of life has improved"

I don't want to sound too cheesy- but it's simple- curves really does give you "the power to amaze yourself". I had never exercised formally (played soccer but never gone to a "gym") or dieted and didn't really believe that I could change myself. I was just going to go to see if it would work- basically to prove them wrong. All their success stories and all, I actually thought- no one can help me, even curves! "Those are skinny people already- not real women!" (on the posters) I didn't get too far with that because in the first month alone I lost 17.75 inches! "alright it's a fluke, I'll keep going..." and I'm still there 6 months later. it's the support of the women every day, the "borrowed willpower", seeing the change in them and them seeing the change in me. It's growing (or shrinking ) together; the conversations with women who are there for the same reasons you are; the family that believes in you even when you don't believe in yourself; the family that, when you hit a stumbling block that would normally stop you, picks you up, encourages you, and shows you a way around it.

The "diet class" was the same thing- women encouraging each other, which we don't do often enough nowadays. I'm sure I'm not the only woman that has had a negative thought about another woman. "those pants don't do anything for her!".... from the first Tuesday night get together that went out the window. I am honestly happy, encouraged, inspired, by all the women at curves and especially the ones that participated in the program with me during the six week challenge.

So those factors have helped me lose weight, and continue to lose, but what's encouraging me to keep it off, or to keep going? again it's the women- my Curves family. Just as these very women encourage and inspire me, they pass an imaginary torch along and now it's my job to encourage and inspire others who may have hit their personal stumbling block and need to be picked up or need to borrow some willpower for a while.

How does that sound? I don't know how to answer the how has your quality of life improved part.... suggestions? please?
Old 01-03-2005, 08:21 PM   #112  
Made my Goal weight!

Default Hey Ladies

Hi everyone

Well, I just got back from Xmas vacation and I am DOWN in my weight...YAY....I was in a friends wedding on New years eve and I felt GREAT and I felt like I looked great too...
So tomorrow I am starting back at curves as I LOVE LOVE LOVE it...my body is responding so well to it...
Hope everyone had a great holiday and Lets hit the CURVE eh?? Back to the grind for me....

Leanne
CW 147
Old 01-04-2005, 08:21 AM   #113  

I went to curves yesterday for the first time this year and OUCH! I had skipped a whole week because I was out of state on vacation- I tried the local curves there on Monday of my vacation but I didn't like it and they weren't friendly at all! so I didn't go back all last week. Man I was out of breath and sweating.

I love how my legs look though on the leg press and the quad machine (the one that you sit in and bring your legs up an down- I don't know what it's called).

My goal is at least 200 visits this year (I hit 100 visits from June 30th to Dec 26th) so my total visits will be right around 300 at the end of the year.
Old 01-04-2005, 01:37 PM   #114  
Made my Goal weight!

Default Hey Ladies

WELL, today was my first weigh in, as I have only joined curves on Nov 25th....so since then, (keep in mind I am on a strict diet too) my results made the ladies who work there say "HOLY #@&^"....

I am down 15.5lbs
17 inches
down 3% body fat
YAY me!
I totally was good during the holidays.........Hope everybody is having an awesome day!

Leanne
CW 145.2
Old 01-04-2005, 01:47 PM   #115  

WOW! AWESOME JOB! Congrats!

What are you doing for a diet? I lost 17.75 inches my first month too- (but gained 4 lbs )

back to the diet- if your curves offers the supplements and diet class- I recommend it! I was drinking the shake as a meal replacement and doing the curves low carb plan....
Old 01-04-2005, 04:14 PM   #116  
Made my Goal weight!

aw thanks!

Yes, I am dieting too!....Very strict diet to get me here, now I am "normalizing" it...

Leanne
Old 01-05-2005, 08:15 AM   #117  

Let me know how the "normalizing" goes... I've been normalizing mine too slowly- adding back potatoes and breads (last night I went grocery shopping and bought DH his favorite chips and dip- they're my favorite too and I had a bit more than I should have) and I'm still losing. (the bathroom scale was down 2 lbs this AM from yesterday AM) Wondering if it'll work for you too.

Yesterday I had 3 people at work who I don't normally speak to- I saw 1 in the mail room, 1 in the bathroom, and 1 came upstairs to get a paper I had for her and they all mentioned that they wanted to tell me I was looking good. Boy does that help! Back to Curves today at lunch time. I'm so lucky to have that support- I actually invited them all to our wedding (the 4 women that work there) and saw one at the grocery store- she said don't tell but she thinks that Kim is going to close for a couple of hours so everyone can go to the wedding! Awesome!
Old 01-05-2005, 09:55 AM   #118  
Made my Goal weight!

Thats awesome....your wedding is soon approaching...I was just in my best friends wedding...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, I am sooo glad I got married already...lol...although, when I reach my goal weight about 125-135, hubby and I want to re-do our wedding pics....and get some new ones done...I was 3 months prego and overweight and dh was overwieght too...so now that he looks good and I am getting there, I think we should get a photographer to take pics, which also means I will get another wedding dress eh? (yay!)
Leanne
CW 144.4
Old 01-05-2005, 10:09 AM   #119  

Of course a new wedding dress! I've heard a lot of comments- "I wouldn't want to do that again- all the planning and everything" but it's not really bad Of course we've been engaged for 11 months already of a 13 month engagement and I bought (my dad bought) my wedding dress 16 days after getting engaged and we reserved the chapel and reception hall that same weekend so I've had 8 months probably of not really doing anything. Our invitations only took us one evening to do- that included folding them and putting them all together and addressing them. we made centerpieces one evening too. It's all coming together and I'm so excited!

I know I won't be at my goal weight- 25 lbs in 2 months doesn't seem possible right now- it's coming off more slowly now. I hope to be at goal by my birthday though. I set a goal of 165- 10 lbs heavier than final goal for my bday- but hopefully I can make it and beat it. Chris is going to take me for a weekend in NY for my bday and we're going to see Phantom of the Opera on Broadway one night, so of course I need a cute little black dress that looks good and not just hides my body. I would love to wear a size 10 then- or even a size 8- my final goal.

Curious as to whether this is happening to you too... the more weight/ inches I lose, the more I want to show off my body- not stripping or anything but you know, wearing tighter clothes, that shows me instead of just hiding under big sweatpants and sweaters. Probably because I never got a chance to have cute clothes growing up- I was always big for my age- wearing a size 16/18/20 all through highschool- and we all know that they just don't make "cute" clothes that big.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:32 AM   #120  
Made my Goal weight!

LOL- I SOOOO know what you mean about the clothes...although after each of my kids was born, my goal was to fit back into my little clothes again, and every time I am soooooo c lose, I get prego again...so since I have had my LAST baby (3 kids in 4 years), I still have brand new clothes in my closet...I am soooooo excited to wear them again...BUT, I must say there are many stores now that are starting to carry some, as you said "cute bigger" clothes, which helps a lot...I know I wore sweats the last part of my pregnancies because that was all that would fit...and right after baby was born, so it a nice change to be able to wear "cute" clothes again.
Thats awesome about your wedding....most times it is soooooooooo stressful planning eh? I was so very lucky we let my mother in law plan it, so she'd call as ask us random questions, but we basically just had to "show up"...She did a wonderful job, I think she did everything I would have done myself...so it was a win-win for everyone. Although, looking back on pics now, hubby and I wish we had looked better and felt more comfy in our own skin...I think for our 10th anniv (in 6 years) we may re-new our vows and have a HUGE party...something to look forward too...
Do you have kids??
Keep up the good work, talk to you soon
Leanne