Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-01-2004, 05:34 PM   #61  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Hi *KERRY*
I am with Sheila... Bravo!!!!!
I thinks it's wonderful that you have lost 5 lbs.
Keep up the wonderful job!!!! Huge "Pats-on-the-back"

I have been going to Curves at least 2x a week, but am going to try and get there 3x a week again... I have been slacking

Hi *JENN*
So glad to hear that you impressed your Dr.
So what do you have??? Hope you are able to get meds for it.

In case I don't make it back here over the weekend:

"Happy 4th of JULY!!"
Everyone have a wonderfully Fun and Safe Weekend
with your friends and you family.

*God Bless*
SunnyD <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 08:24 PM   #62  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 236/236/166

Sunny, it turns out I have Eczema, go figure... She gave me a steriod cream and it is help the break outs calm down
JEO1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 09:00 PM   #63  
KAR

Hi Ladies,
I just wanted to drop in and say that I am so glad I went to water aeorbics tonight. It was a great workout but it also is so relaxing. I am going to continue to go on Thursday nights. I don't know what I will do when it is over in August. I might have to ask at the nutristionist on Monday if they know of any water aeorbics classes in the fall and winter.
I am glad to see that everyone is alive and well. It sure was quite around here this past week.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!!
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 10:52 AM   #64  
KAR

Morning Ladies,
I took the plunge and got weighed and measured this morning at Curves. I lost 4 pounds according to their scales. I also lost 1 1/2 inches from my abdomen and 1/4 inches from my hips. So I am back in the land of losing pounds and inches again. I was a happy camper. That made going around three times seem to fly today. LOL
Well I got paid today. So you know what that means, paying bills this afternoon and running errands. Talk to you all later.
Have a safe 4th of July everyone!
Take care,
Kerry
Old 07-05-2004, 08:38 AM   #65  
KAR

Morning Ladies,
Hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July! I had a nice time at my dh's family get together. I was very proud of myself. I didn't overeat plus I didnt' eat until I was completely full. I had a little piece of hamburger, minus the fixin's, some coleslaw, baked beans and some BBQ ribs. Then I had a small piece of birthday cake for my neice. I did bring my own water jug and some iced tea to drink. So I was happy with myself. Since my Curves was closed on the 3rd, I worked out at home. I rode my excerise bike for 30 minutes and logged 20 miles on it. Then I used my gazelle for 20 minutes. I did a good 10 minutes of strecthing afterwards. Then yesterday, I cleaned out my closet and started on the big storage closet. Then my dh and I took an hour walk around town last night.
This morning is my appointment at the hospital with my nutritionist. I am a little nerovous. I think I will calm myself down after my appointment by going to Cuvres and working out. I will talk to you all later. I have to go and get my shower. I have to leave the house in about 30to 40 minutes.
Have a great day!
Take care,
Kerry
Old 07-06-2004, 10:16 PM   #66  
KAR

Evening Ladies,
Just wanted to let you all know I turtled at TOPS tonight. I stayed the same weight. But that is fine with me. Atleast I didn't gain any of my 5 pounds back. LOL. My appointment yesterday went fine with the nutritionist. I have to eat 4 carb exchanges or 60 grams of carbs at my three meals a day. Plus have 2 carb exchanges or 30 grams of carbs for a bedtime snack. I have been busy excerising though. I went to Curves yesterday,then came home and played 3 hours of baseball with my family and three other families. Then we went for a walk last night to my mother-in-laws. Today I played an half hour of ball with the kids and my dh in our front yard. Then we went for a long walk around the neighborhood. This afternoon the twin's and I went for a long bike ride. So hopefully this will help with my inches for the coming month. Well I am going to get off the computer, it is starting to storm. Hope everyone is doing great!
Have a great Wednesday!
Take care,
Kerry
Old 07-06-2004, 11:18 PM   #67  
Average White Girl

I am really tempted to go to the Curves by my house, but I just can't afford it. I walk six miles a day and watch what I eat, but lately nothing has been going on. I've been gaining weight, which I thought was muscle, but my clothes dont' fit, either. Then I end up eating like Crap because i feel hopeless. The thing with the curves is that it is expensive, and that I'm not sure if it will even work for me. I have a book that someone lent to me that has the "curves at home "work out, where you use a tension band. maybe I should use that first. I weighed myself this morning and I almost cried. I woudln't even let my husband watch me put on my pajamas because I am so embarrassed. I weigh 161.2, I'm five seven, and wear size eights. This may not seem like a lot, but to me it's huge. I want to weigh 140-145, but it's so hopeless. I then get guilty for eating all the "i'm feeling sorry for myself' food, which then adds to the weight. I know what I need to do to lose weight, but it's so hard, especially when I don't see any results at all. I want to try curves, but I'm scared that I'm going to be out money that I desperately need.

Me.
alteaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 09:12 AM   #68  

Default First weigh-in

I don't get to post too often because I don't have a computer at home but I'm able to sneak on at work from time to time. Today I had my 1 month weigh in so I thought I'd share my results:

Bust: -0.50 in.
Waist: -1.25 in.
Abdomen -0.50 in.
Hips 0.00
Thighs 0.00 (boo!!)
Arms 0.00
Weight -2.00 lbs
Body Fat -1.00%

I'm not really looking at these #'s too closely. I think next month will be more of a gauge of how I'm doing. On my first weight in, I did it in the evening and with regular clothes on so I think that could explain the bust (those sports bras really hold it in!) and probably the weight because you always weigh less first thing in the morning and I was just at the Dr. and had been at the same weight. But I'm still happy with these results because even my workout clothes hold everything in a little more than what I was wearing the first time, there's still some progress. Plus, I just started on June 8th and missed over a week of workouts due to vacation plus this past 4th of July weekend and didn't gain any weight! Yeah, me!! But I think next week should be interesting. I was on another Curves forum on a different website and learned that I was pushing myself too hard on the recovery boards when I really should be using them to recover! I kept wanting to get that extra cardio in but that in turn made me weaker on the machines. So last week I started giving it my all on the machines and truly recovering on the boards and I think that is going to make a difference. So next month I plan to see even better results! Thank you all for posting on a regular basis. When I do find the time to check in, seeing everyone else's results really gives me an extra push to go to Curves. Chat with you later!
mayday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 07:49 PM   #69  
KAR

Hi ladies,
Alteaon you can go to your local Curves and try them out for a week to see if you like it. I don't think it is too expensive. I think it is worth the money. You can ask them if they have any specials running right now.
Mayday Congrats on your weigh in and measurement. That is great. Keep up the good work.
Well I was just asked to help giving my twin stepds' a shower. I better go before they start really bugging me. Talk to you all later.
Have a great Thursday!
Take Care,
Kerry
Old 07-08-2004, 10:04 AM   #70  
Average White Girl

I went to Curves and talked to them about specials. They don't have any right now, not until October. Right now it's 149.00 to join, plus the monthly cost, which is 39.00 a month. As much as I'd like to, I can't afford this right now. I may be able to afford the monthly payments, but not the joining fee. Our curves has a thing where you can try it out for a day, but not for a week. I decided to try out the "curves at home" work out in the Curves book I have, and see how that works. I was in a very foul mood last time I posted, and I apologize for it, but I was so frusterated. I decided to go back to WW ( I have all my at home materials yet ) and add strenght training to my walking work out. I figure that any movement is better than none. I also need to realize that what you weigh and what you look like isn't an indicator of who you are as a person and what you're worth. I'm very good at dispensing advice, but not very good at heeding my own words. THanks to everyone.
alteaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 11:41 AM   #71  
KAR

Hi everyone,
Sheila it is good to see you back. How did your insurance tests go? I hope everything turned out great for you. Congrats on the weight lost.
Alteaon I am sorry to hear about your Curves only having a one day trial. Plus they are not running any specials right now. I think you will like the workout at home though. My one friend did it and lost some weight and built up her self-esteem. Please don't worry about being in a bad mood when you post on here. We all have our good and bad days. We are here to support each other through the good and bad times. Hang in there!
My DH and I try to go for a walk in the evenings around town. We have his three children for the two weeks (since July 5th until next weekend) and we have been taking them on evening walks. Last night we were getting ready to go for a walk when my mother in law and two niece's showed up for a visit. They were complaining this morning about how we never took our walk last night. So I guess we will have to make sure we get it in tonight.
Well I have laundry to do. So I must be off to do laundry, since the kids are running out of clean clothes. I have my water aerobics class tonight and what to be able to enjoy it and not be thinking about dirty clothes.
Have a wonderful day!
Kerry
Old 07-09-2004, 02:36 PM   #72  
KAR

Hi everyone,
Hope all is well with everyone!
I made it to water aerobics last night. It was alot of fun. I was able to catch up on some news with one of my coworkers, who I haven't seen in over a month. We were laughing about how the summer for us is almost over and we feel like we haven't accomplished anything yet. Sheila, I think you would really like water aerobics. Take the plunge and go to a class. If nothing else, you will laugh at what conservations are going on around while working out. There sure have been some interesting ones the first two classes I have been to.
After my water aerobics class, I went to the ball fields to play ball with my family and two other families. I thought I was going to die out on the ball field. My legs were killing me when I was running the bases. So I came home and put some ICY HOT rub on them. Boy did they feel better after that. I was able to make it to Curves this morning and do my 3x's around. So I was able to get my 3x 's in for the week.
I even came home and mowed the yard. So I am done with excersing for a few days. Well I better go and get some laundry done. Talk to you all later.
Shelia congrats on passing your one test. You will pass the other two with flying colors. Keep up the good work!
Take care,
Kerry
Old 07-13-2004, 07:20 PM   #73  
KAR

Hi Ladies,
It sure has been quiet around here lately. Hope all is well with everyone! I just thought I would drop in to say that I lost another pound this past week. So going to the nutritionist has helped. I have been watching and measuring my portions out at each meal.
Well I better go and get ready to go for a walk around the neighborhood. Tomorrow is my Curves day. So I have to get some form of excerise in today.
Take care,
Kerry
Old 07-14-2004, 11:41 AM   #74  
One step at a time...

Great job Kerry! Keep up the good work!

I do water aerobics once or sometimes twice a week. I enjoy it and it's a good workout that is low impact. Half the time I am the youngest person there, but everyone is nice and no one is judging... It's great. Sheila, listen to Kerry and give it a try!
Old 07-14-2004, 01:45 PM   #75  
One step at a time...

Thanks Sheila! I can't wait to go to Nantucket! I haven't been since I was an infant, even though I have family there and I live less than 2 hours away including the slow ferry ride...

BTW I have to disagree about you being the oldest person there.... There are people in their 70s in my class and there are people who are well over the 300# mark there too and they are not ashamed to get into their suits and do something good for themselves... Maybe you should take a page from these wonderful ladies' book and not think about the bathing suit part... You won't regret it!