Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 12:41 PM   #76  

Changergirl, W4D1 wasn't as bad as I was thinking it was going to be. I hope you do ok today!

Welcome dehtripper!! Awesome finishing through week 5!!! There is no way I can run or walk as fast as you, OMG!! Congrats!!!!

I figure I'll do this 9 weeks at the 3.0 and 3.8 I have been doing just to get through the program and build up my time stamina. Then after the 9 weeks, I'll work on my speed. I can't even believe I made it this far. After I do W4D2 tomorrow, I'll be more than halfway through the whole program!
Old 04-17-2013, 04:46 AM   #77  

Height: 5'2''

Hey there running girls!
Today was my W2D2 run - and I struggled with speed and breathing. When I checked my HR/pace graph it showed me that I started too strong in my first two 90s runs and after that kept a more even HR/pace. Today was my longest run/walk! Surprisingly - almost 3k including WU and CD. And longest run distance - 300m.
I think I did so great on my previous run because I was rested and today i was sore and pretty beat up after two days of 30 day shred and it diffidently showed.
How are you guys doing?
Old 04-17-2013, 05:48 AM   #78  

Basementcat, you are awesome!! You inspire me so much doing both programs at the same time.

Yay for a thumbs up, Changergirl!!!

I read last night (I wish I saved the link) that running slower to start is better for our bodies. We should be able to carry on a conversation fairly easily while running--that's how to measure if we are going too fast. I'll try to find the link later as I'm posting from my phone right now.

Day 2 of Week 4 for me today! I get so excited!!

I'm sitting at the hospital waiting for my doctors appointment and saw some runners go by. I told my husband "I'm a runner too, ya know?" He just laughed at me (in a fun way!!). I always say "Cuz I'm a runner now!!!"

Hope you all have a wonderful day! I'll post back this afternoon after my run. Cuz I'm a runner now!!!
Old 04-17-2013, 06:00 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 96/83.2/75

Height: 5'7"/170cm

Good job Basementcat, even if you struggled you did it and in the long run that's all that matters. Things like controlling your speed and breathing will come with practice.

I did W4D1 today and I finished it!!! I'm so proud of myself. Today was sport's day at school and I think all the kids, teachers and parents running around motivated me to do it. There was a Teachers vs. Parents relay race and I was not asked to participate, I'm sure because they thought I'd be too slow. That and the fact they were changing pants and I'm not sure the pants would have fit me! Anyway because it was Sport's Day I got to go home early so I ran early which I think helped me, usually I do it after dinner and I don't think I give myself enough time (because I don't have enough) to let my food settle. I also followed Elvis and ran slower. By the end my entire body was tired and I would not have been able to run a second more but I did it! I knew I worked hard and looked like **** when an old lady waiting for her bus started talking to me in Korean and then gave me a thumbs up, she seemed proud of me.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:35 AM   #80  

elvislover324, thank you! I am so envious you are already on W4 with Changergirl!
I am soo curious to see if i can handle longer tougher runs, so I cant wait to try it!
Changergirl, i think you should have competed only to show them what a hidden gem you are!
Off topic - about pants not being able to fir you Changergirl - in vet school me and my friend decided on a whim once to go to a lab exercise, but we both didn't have our scrubs with us and we were both heavy girls. So we found the biggest 1st year students we could and asked to borrow theirs. And we barely fit in their scrubs and I was too afraid to even sit (of fear to tear them open in the butt area ^^) !

Last edited by basementcat; 04-17-2013 at 07:58 AM.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:57 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 196/196/140

Height: 5'2

Hello runners!

Just wanted to shout a big woohoo! to everyone! I'm so happy to have found other people who are doing it with me, even if we're not all at the same point in the program.

I'll be doing W3D2 later today. The weather is beautiful today so it should be fun, even though I'll have the stroller so it will be harder.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:46 AM   #82  

These posts got mixed up again with the 3FC blips in time!!

I am finally home but I have to wait to do my running, I got a pedicure after my doctor's appointment and don't want to mess up my fancy feet!!!

But I'm itching to go do it!!!

I agree, Angelic Fruitcake, we are all on our own schedule but we are in this together!!! This thread is seriously one of the best ones I have ever been a part of. I love to see when there is an update even if it's just one of us checking in!!
Old 04-17-2013, 12:18 PM   #83  

W4D2 complete, cuz I'm a runner!!!

Felt awesome today and pedicure is intact!!

I will admit though, the last minute of the last 5 minutes when she came on to say "one minute left" I was so hoping it was the chime to go back to walking!!! I try not to watch the clock, I just go by the prompts.

And today for whatever reason I checked the distance on my treadmill to see what I actually walk/run, it's only 1.81 at this point!! So I do have a ways to go to be able to do the distance part of a 5k but baby steps, right?

Last edited by elvislover324; 04-17-2013 at 12:19 PM.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:06 PM   #84  
One pound at a time....

S/C/G: 189/155/139

Height: 5'1

elvislover324 When I saw this post for the first tim today I got excited! I started my C25K this morning!!!

You are right about the feeling of accomplishment when finishing this!! I felt great!! Keep going everyone! I'm doing W1D2 on Friday!!!

So great to see so much progress everyone!!
Old 04-17-2013, 02:32 PM   #85  

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug37 View Post
elvislover324 When I saw this post for the first tim today I got excited! I started my C25K this morning!!!

You are right about the feeling of accomplishment when finishing this!! I felt great!! Keep going everyone! I'm doing W1D2 on Friday!!!

So great to see so much progress everyone!!
Welcome junebug!!! We have a good little group going on here, we are happy to have you!! We are all pretty much on different schedules but close enough to commiserate with each other!! I hope you check in with us often!
Old 04-17-2013, 02:33 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 196/196/140

Height: 5'2

W3D2 is done!

It's funny how so far, every week has gone like this:

Day 1: omg this is so hard, I'm gonna have to repeat this week next week for sure!
Day 2: You know what, this is not so bad. I think I actually can do this.
Day 3: Weee! I'm doing this! I'm soooo ready for next week!

Old 04-17-2013, 02:37 PM   #87  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelic Fruitcake View Post
W3D2 is done!

It's funny how so far, every week has gone like this:

Day 1: omg this is so hard, I'm gonna have to repeat this week next week for sure!
Day 2: You know what, this is not so bad. I think I actually can do this.
Day 3: Weee! I'm doing this! I'm soooo ready for next week!

LOL so true!!! Congrats on getting today done!!
Old 04-18-2013, 09:17 AM   #88  

Today was my off day from exercise and I dropped my smart phone in water (in the toilet actually)!!! And now it doesn't work and my C25K is on it and i am supposed to run tomorrow
I will probably go running without the help of the mobile app. and just use my last route, because i know how long it is and i remember by which landmarks i was running and where i was walking but my phone is probably ruined!
Just wanted to vent a little
Old 04-18-2013, 09:25 AM   #89  

Quote:
Originally Posted by basementcat View Post
Today was my off day from exercise and I dropped my smart phone in water (in the toilet actually)!!! And now it doesn't work and my C25K is on it and i am supposed to run tomorrow
I will probably go running without the help of the mobile app. and just use my last route, because i know how long it is and i remember by which landmarks i was running and where i was walking but my phone is probably ruined!
Just wanted to vent a little
OMG basementcat. I'm so sorry that happened to you!!! My husband dropped his phone in the toilet before too but I swear he did it so he could get a new one, brat!

I dropped my iphone a couple of years ago and smashed the screen so bad there was gooey gel type stuff oozing out of it, cost almost $150 to fix it. I cried for days, I love my phone. I'm so sorry you have to go through all this. Run as best as you can, there is nothing you can do. What a bummer. Hope the day gets better for you.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:39 AM   #90  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm hoping to start Couch to 5K this Sunday. I bought myself some new shoes and everything. I'll be downloading the app soon. I'll probably start the first couple of weeks on the treadmill and then work myself outside once I work up some stamina.

basementcat - I know this sounds crazy, but take your battery out of your phone and then put both the battery and the phone in a ziploc full of dry rice or oats. Let it sit for a day or two. With any luck, your phone will work again.

Last edited by Psychic; 04-18-2013 at 09:41 AM.
Closed Thread