Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 02:26 PM   #46  

Week 3 Day 2 is complete!! Anyone contemplating starting this program should go for it, I feel like a million bux in my heart. I never thought I'd be able to this in a million years.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:32 PM   #47  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

OH Elvis that is so awesome!!! I am so happy that you have stuck with it! I am struggling with it at the moment, but I will get there. Keep it up, you are kicking @ss!
Old 04-10-2013, 02:50 PM   #48  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfire View Post
OH Elvis that is so awesome!!! I am so happy that you have stuck with it! I am struggling with it at the moment, but I will get there. Keep it up, you are kicking @ss!
Thank you, thank you!! Trust me when I say it's not easy!! But I'm so determined and literally pray that I can do it!! I'm starting to think I can conquer anything in life now. Seriously, if I can become a runner, it will be beyond my wildest dreams!

Sorry you are struggling, but you are right, you will get there. I think the only reason I'm ok is I have been walking 3-5 miles a day for the past 6 months or so. I know it's different muscles, etc. but I think it made all the difference. I can't wait to celebrate your c25k milestones with you!!
Old 04-10-2013, 03:22 PM   #49  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Oh yeah, all that walking I am sure makes a huge difference!!

I got halfway through and got a side stitch and got all dizzy. I think I need to eat a little bit before I try jogging Friday I will make it though! I signed up for a walk/run in may that I would like to not come in last for lol! Plus a color run in September that I want to actually RUN in! I am motivated, but my body seems to be resisting a little I will show it who's the boss though
Old 04-10-2013, 04:21 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 181/176/145

Height: 5'9"

Congrats!!! It's amazing how this program really helps transform you into a runner, isn't it?!

I did this a few years ago and lost 30 pounds over the summer (then I got lazy, then pregnant!). Hoping to start it again soon.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:26 PM   #51  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfire View Post
Oh yeah, all that walking I am sure makes a huge difference!!

I got halfway through and got a side stitch and got all dizzy. I think I need to eat a little bit before I try jogging Friday I will make it though! I signed up for a walk/run in may that I would like to not come in last for lol! Plus a color run in September that I want to actually RUN in! I am motivated, but my body seems to be resisting a little I will show it who's the boss though
Just be careful with yourself, we don't want a hurt silverfire around here!! I sincerely believe our bodies tell us when it's panic time (like your dizziness and pain) and we have to trust our body! I know you know this already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanveann View Post
Congrats!!! It's amazing how this program really helps transform you into a runner, isn't it?!

I did this a few years ago and lost 30 pounds over the summer (then I got lazy, then pregnant!). Hoping to start it again soon.
Sanveann, I can't even believe it. I couldn't have run to the house next door with my pants on fire, nevermind for 3 minutes straight! I think this program is calling out my self-confidence that I never had before and I'm so happy to be able to answer!
Old 04-10-2013, 07:03 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 181/176/145

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324 View Post
Sanveann, I can't even believe it. I couldn't have run to the house next door with my pants on fire, nevermind for 3 minutes straight! I think this program is calling out my self-confidence that I never had before and I'm so happy to be able to answer!
Same here! I was of the firm opinion for 30-plus years that I just could not run and did not. (Being rather overly well-endowed didn't help with that!) So it blew my mind when, after I few weeks, I was RUNNING!
Old 04-10-2013, 07:30 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 310/*look*/140

Height: 5'9

WAY TO GO ELVIS! I did the first day of C25K a few weeks ago and it was TOUGH! Confession: I totally supported my weight on the tradmill handrails towards the end! You rock!
Old 04-10-2013, 08:07 PM   #54  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanveann View Post
(Being rather overly well-endowed didn't help with that!)
LMAO I made the mistake last week thinking I could run without my sports bra (just wore my regular one), I won't be doing that again! I could have had 2 black eyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecomtes View Post
WAY TO GO ELVIS! I did the first day of C25K a few weeks ago and it was TOUGH! Confession: I totally supported my weight on the tradmill handrails towards the end! You rock!
Thanks Lecomtes!! Awesome doing your first day!! I think the only reason I have been plugging along ok is that I got my walking tolerance up so high already over the last few months. So while I'm out of breath into the 3 minute runs, I can still handle it ok for now. Who knows what next week will bring?! And handrails are ok!! You'll get there!!
Old 04-11-2013, 03:40 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 96/83.2/75

Height: 5'7"/170cm

Can I join in?? I last ran Saturday and I did w3d3. I took this week off. Probably not my best decision, but I needed a mental health week! My plan is to do W4D1 Saturday morning. Hopefully the week off won't kill me as, I had some difficulty with the last one, though I did finish it all.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:46 AM   #56  

Of course Changergirl!!! I'm doing W3D3 tomorrow so week 4 will start Monday. That will put us on almost the exact same schedule! I heard it gets harder from here but I'm not looking ahead. I just do whatever the voice on the app tells me LOL!
Old 04-11-2013, 03:54 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 196/196/140

Height: 5'2

I did W3D1 today, even though i had ran yesterday. I usually run every other day but we're getting a snow storm (!!!) tomorrow and then rain all weekend so who knows when I'll be able to run next.

Week 3 is HARD!!! I was doing ok on Week 2 with the 90 seconds runs, but those 3 minutes ones were tough. Plus I have a cold and I was running with the jogging stroller so it made it harder. But I'm proud to say I ran the whole time I had to run. I'm hoping I'll be able to run again on Sunday or Monday but I may repeat W3D1.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:58 PM   #58  

Awesome Angelic Fruitcake!!! Hope you feel better soon! And I admire you doing this with a stroller, I can't imagine that!!
Old 04-11-2013, 05:53 PM   #59  
Lose 1lb. Repeat 99 times

S/C/G: 262/signature/170

Height: 5'5"

I've started the 30 day shred. I think I am gonna wait a bit to kick start C25K !!
Though being able to run is my ultimate goal
Old 04-11-2013, 06:03 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 96/83.2/75

Height: 5'7"/170cm

Thanks for the welcome Elvis. It's probably smart that you aren't looking ahead. I have and it does not look pretty. I won't ruin the surprise for you though!!! It'll be nice to have somebody right around the same place as me. I was running Saturday, Monday and Wednesdays. If I go out of time my Saturday run moves to Friday.

Angelic Fruitcake-
Week 3 definitely is hard. It doesn't seem fair that they double the length of the runs. By far it's the largest percentage increase, though clearly not time wise. Trust me though, if I could do it, you can too.
Closed Thread