Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2002, 10:56 AM   #196  

Good Morning

I slept in late today, and now I'm off with a list of things to do today. Hope everyone is having a great day.

Semo - Hope you have great weather & wishing you have a great day tomorrow.

Hope everyone is drinking your water & staying OP...

Have a great weekend...
Old 05-24-2002, 09:14 PM   #197  

Default Massage!!

Oh my, what a relief, had my first LMT< massage, and it was the best, !! I was all sore from weight lifting and stuff, plus TOM swelling, and this is what I need around this time every month, ( but dont know if I will be able to afford it, this was a gift!!) Well anyways I am thankful , after that, had to push fluids so took the day off from mr blanks. I am OP thought ,hey anyone traied Tai fit, that is prob another reason i am so sore!! I tell ya it moves fast, wanted to add a little variation so I got it. Well hope all is well tom is my weigh in, TTFN ladies, take care.
Old 05-24-2002, 10:00 PM   #198  

Hello Ladies

Just a quick check in, I''ve been cleaning house all day. Getting rid of junk & stuff I never seem to use.

T-girl - Who does Tai-fit? Is it as good as Tae-bo? Where did you buy it? Also on the massage, why did you say you pushed fluids. Are you suppose to drink lots of water after a massage? I was going to give myself one as a reward for losing 10 lbs? I still have about 6 1/2 lbs to go.
Old 05-25-2002, 08:49 AM   #199  

good morning!!
Patty-baby!!! Way to go on the loss!!!! Almost 2 whole lbs!!!!!
go patty, go patty, go patty.

Last night I went to a Pampered Chef party! Omigod!!! Needless to say I was a tad off my diet! However I had skipped supper so I don't think Iwas too far in the hole
Gotta go crochet and clean my house today.
lauri
Old 05-25-2002, 08:38 PM   #200  

hello everyone!! Imm get to the questions first, Patty, Tai fit, I bought at this bookstore called Hastings, well it is a bookstore/video store . I like tae bo better, because it is not as it, and I can stay with tae bo too, I was struggling with the tai fit, so i figured to do it once a week and build up, but tae bo is my main aerobics workout, Also when he gave me my massage, he was helping to relax me, and pull the lactic acid buildup out, so I had to drink lots of hydrating fluids to flush it out . If not, I would have been sore, and sick from what the massage therapist said, the results last for 4-6 weeks!! I feel soooo energetic!! I did not lose any weight this week, but gained .5 lbs, I did increase the weights, so maybe that is why, Oh well just gonna keep goin, ya know. Gotta keep on, !! well everyone, got my tae bo in early and I am feeling great!! hope you all have a wonderful op weekend!! TTFN..
Old 05-25-2002, 11:42 PM   #201  

Default here it is,

hey here is a great website, that I think i may have mistyped here before, it is www. fatfreefoods.com , it is gggrrreeeaatt!! well goodnight,
Old 05-26-2002, 10:53 AM   #202  
Mooz

GOOD DAY TO ALL YOU CHICKS!!
I have not called for a day or two as my computer was down for a while but it is sorted now - it was something to do with the McAfee Antivirus programme- it was stalling on it. My brother had to uninstall it.
I walked 5 miles yesterday and hope to go for a walk soon today. My eating is good but I am slipping up on the water!!

Patty - CONGRATULATIONS on your 1.8 pounds loss - that is great news.

T-girl - you have so much energy!!

Semo - hope the wedding went well - let us know all about it.

Lauri - it is hard to stay OP when you are at a party but you did make up for it a bit when you didn't have supper.

To everyone have a good OP day

Take Care

Anne

Just get started

Instead of worrying and complaining about how difficult it is, just get started. Rather than wasting your time and effort on excuses for not moving forward, just go ahead and get started. There are a thousand perfectly good reasons to delay, to procrastinate, to avoid making the effort. Forget about them all and just get started.
As soon as you begin, you put momentum on your side. And momentum is a powerful force to have working in your favor. As long as you're standing still, time and momentum work against you. Yet the moment you get up and get started, you turn that momentum around and put it to work for you.

The small effort it takes to get started will pay off many times over. Why just sit there when you could be getting wherever you desire to go? Why let time work against you when you could be using every moment to your advantage? Even though conditions may not be perfect, now is the perfect moment to start.

In an instant, whenever you decide, you can be firmly on the path to success and achievement. Just get started, then keep on going, and before long you'll have it done.

-- Ralph Marston

Last edited by mooz49; 05-27-2002 at 08:04 AM.
Old 05-27-2002, 11:20 AM   #203  

Good Moring Ladies. I have just joined this site and am looking forward talking with you girls about weight. I have been on WW for 4 weeks and lost 8 pounds. I walk but only bout 2 miles as I have had foot surgery. My biggest problem is I LOVE FOOD. Nothing better than a good Mexican Dinner. I now save that for once a month. I volunteer in a Hospital I am a cuddler for the babies in the NICU unit. I Live in california am married with 3 grown girls. I do not call them my Kids they are my Adult Relatives LOL. I have 2 grandchildren ( the apple of my Eyes)
I will check in each day as it helps keep my spirit up to see others in the same place I am at. Have a Nice Day.
Old 05-27-2002, 02:07 PM   #204  

Good Afternoon Ladies

Welcome Spkrleyes37 - Way to go on your 8 lb loss... That is great.. I bet that is a great job, getting to hold those newborn babies... There is nothing wrong with eating a Mexican Dinner, it just making the right choices. Instead of the chips they bring to the table have corn torillas. You can order fajitas, & ranchero beans. On Ww you can have most anything, it's just you have to count the points. Maybe you could bank some points before your night out?

Mooz - Way to go on your 5 mile walk. Glad to hear your computer is back up.

We'll I going to cut it short today... Last thursday & friday I was cleaning house & shampooing the carpet. We'll saturday morning I woke up with the runny nose & lots of sneezing. Saturday night I got the worse earache I can remember & finally on sunday I went to the doctors. I was a major ordeal just finding one open on a holiday weekend. I got me some meds & have been sleeping & blowing my nose most of the weekend. I'm getting ready to go take another nap.

Hope everyone is having a great day. staying OP... talk to you all tomorrow..
Old 05-27-2002, 05:38 PM   #205  

Hey all hey all . gotta love it, Hey that massage really revved up my energy that therapist is DA BOMB!! Yewwwwww!!I am taking a day off from working out, had taken a few hours of me time, jump in the car and ride and look and see, love it. Well how is every one, hope you are having a beautiful day, gonna go and tae bo in the am early... Well then , ttyl take care everybody!!! have a good one!!
Old 05-28-2002, 10:00 AM   #206  

Okay, today is a new day and a new start for me. I’m sure that I have gained as I have sort of let myself go. (After all, I did had a great excuse, right)
The wedding was just beautiful and all went very well. The Church holds 250 and it was almost full so we think that including the wedding party that there were around 225 that attended. My new DIL made a beautiful bride and of course my son was the most handsome groom that I’ve ever seen. They didn’t want a fru fru wedding so the only music was string instruments, and no singing. I’m setting here getting goose bumps as I think about how beautiful it was. Of course I cried but keep myself composed. As I get older I’m sure more open about showing my emotions. The reception was fantastic, lets see….. they had a big fountain of wine and probably four tables setting around the room with finger foods and five or six different types of cakes. (Wonder why I remember so much about the food? ) The waiter/waitress all were in white jackets and the two wedding planners were there for every need. The banquet hall was decorated so nice and there was a big tent outside for the beer drinkers. The weather was perfect! It rained about an inch ten miles from there but not a drop on the wedding or reception. Everything was just perfect…….
Now I have to go back to my real life. LOL …I’m ready to get some discipline back into my life, I’ve just been eating everything and feel really bad after doing so. (Physically and mentally)

You all are doing great!! And a big welcome to our new gals you’ll love it here!

Anyone heard from our Jen? Think that she went AWOL with her hubby?

Well work calls so I had better run.
Old 05-28-2002, 01:18 PM   #207  

Good Afternoon Ladies

Semo - The wedding sounds just wonderful. I"m so glad you all did not get any bad weather. And the cakes... I know I would of tried everyone of them. That is something that i just can't resist.
And your right, it's time to get back on track.

Lauri - Did you all get a chance to build the deck? I can't remember if that was this weekend or last? I do remember you were going to watch the Indy.

T-girl - Hope your doing ok... Hope your back doing you Tae-bo?

Mooz - Hope you had a good weekend too. I know you have been getting lots of walks in. Do you live in the city or in the country? I have these images of the beautiful hills that I see on tv.

I'm feeling much better today. Still have some pressure in my ears though. This morning I was worried about going to work, I work in a highrise building, but I got plenty of chewing gum & chew all the way up to my floor. I have been OP all weekend & have drank my water, so hopefully I have another loss this thursday. I have not exercised the last few days & will probably not tae-bo til the end of week. I want to make sure I get rid of what I have..

we'll I need to run... talk to you all later..
Old 05-28-2002, 01:33 PM   #208  
Mooz

GOOD EVENING CHICKS!!
I have not been for a walk today yet but hope to go later.

Semo - so good to hear from you again and the wedding sounded really beautiful. It would have been very difficult not to sample all that lovely food especially at you son's wedding but now that it is over you will soon be back on track and motivating us as well cause we need you to!!

Patty - glad to hear you are feeling a bit better and you are still OP and drinking H2O. You are wise to skip the exercise until your body has recovered as you could do more harm than good.

T-girl - rushing all over the place as usual!! YGG That massage sounds wonderful - I would love something like that!!

Spkrleyes - WELCOME to our little group!! You will get support here and it is especially good to post every day. CONGRATULATIONS ON LOSING 8 POUNDS - that is a brilliant start for you!! Another walker - great and 2 miles is excellent!!

Lauri - Hope you are having a good OP day.

Take Care All

Anne

THERE IS NO ONE GIANT STEP THAT DOES IT. IT'S A LOT OF LITTLE STEPS. - Peter A Cohen

Last edited by mooz49; 05-28-2002 at 01:42 PM.
Old 05-28-2002, 03:10 PM   #209  

Thank you for welcoming me to your group. It helps when you have someone to talk about diet and exercise. Lord knows my DH will not even walk to the front door to answer the door bell.
He does not believe in dieting and thinks I am missing out on life's good stuff. I LOVE him dearly however will never change him. I am glad there are some of you that walk approx 2 miles at one time even my daughters outwalk me. You gotta know they are a LOT younger that me. I am glad you girls have a good sence of humor. I Love a good laugh. Thank you again for the support. Till we meet again. Spkrleyes37
Old 05-29-2002, 09:59 AM   #210  

Good Morning All! Did pretty well eating yesterday, however didn't get enough exercise in but will do better today. Had to make a run to town after work yesterday to return the tuxedos and then dropped by the grocery and stocked up on some low cal/fat foods. No excuses now!
All the kids are back home safe and sound. They aren't taking a honeymoon until August, after the bar exam. The youngest is taking a summer class and doing an internship....then...... only one more class and he is out. Yeah... (not wishing his life away, mind you, just want to have some money for a change)
Okay here's my plan for today: 1. Stay on my eating plan without any slips 2. Min of 30 min exercise 3. Clean the frig (thought I'll throw in a little housework while I was at it. )
Well, I must run.... one of these days the boss is gonna figure out that I really don't work as hard as he thinks! heehee
Closed Thread